Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read (31323 Views)

Trials Of A Fresh Abuja Resident / Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by SailorXY: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: start online importation, quote me if interested
importation of what exactly?
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by Tex42(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
u've been quoted...
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by slap1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
How many more quotes till you start talking?
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by hassan85(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
gal10: @ uju- i read it some days ago on naija hot jobs and indeed it got me thinking! very useful especially in our Nigerian environment! my favourite line: ''Don't be too proud to start out in the service industry, or where you might get your fingernails dirty. Talk to as many people as you can about their career paths. But never, ever, allow yourself to think you've wasted your time in university if you don't land a job as an economist''.
i love ds. All of it. U knw as a graduate of International Relations, we have ds favourite quote "Think Globally, Act Locally". I share those same lines wit u too!
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by zurine(f): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
thanks bro
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by dramaticspeak(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Vincenzi: Truth is,many graduates are egostical and brainwashed. They expect themselves to land a high paying job after school.
it might not be their fault. You can imagine some1 dat paid a fee of over 500k, au much would u want d person 2 expect 2 collect upon graduation
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by Cheekah212(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
[color=#006600]
interested!
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by lawa18(m): 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
this write up just gave me the zeal n enthusiasm to keep learning my plumbing work as I await my service November. well said

1 Like

Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by peter4d2(m): 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good and informative post.
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by oskaaay(m): 5:08am On Jul 08, 2014
ujsizzle: Came across this, and thought it worth sharing.

This recent piece, written by Todd Hirsch, the Calgary-based chief economist of ATB Financial and author of "The Boiling Frog Dilemma: Saving Canada from Economic Decline", will serve our young graduates as they navigate the job market, even in this most difficult time. The message is simple: whatever your hand finds to do, begin from there. I am well aware that the Nigerian terrain is quite different from the Canadian one on which the author based his thesis but the inherent lesson cuts across boundaries as it simply teaches that fresh graduates should be wise. Here is what Todd Hirsch wrote:

SOURCE: www.

Good tips...thanks OP,,,,, grin shocked grin

Note: If you are reading this and interested in visa / Travel Agent Business (individual or corporate body). Then discover the secret company established in Aviation business for years that will aid you for less than #20,000 get on 0 7 0 6 6 0 5 2 2 2 8
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by udswagz: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2014
The truth is that whatever skill you pick up, upgrade it and learn more about it.
I learnt how to program and develop websites while in school, from there i got a
job in 300 Level and worked there for about a month, and focused on freelancing
now that am out of school i still got another job which am now leaving to focus
full time on creating web applications and developing mobile apps for startups and
small businesses. The point there is learn a skill that can make you self employed.

also read this blog post
http://udonline.net/blog/tackling-unemployment-why-the-government-should-look-at-entrepreneurship/

www.udonline.net
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by angelanavejas: 7:57am On Jul 08, 2014
To start your car as fresh graduate you have to observe the person behavior around you. smiley
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by JOHNads: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Sijison Training present free workshop on: ITIL-IT Service Management, Project Management Professional -PMP and Prince2

Date: Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th July 2014
Time: 10:00am-12:00noon
Venue: Q and Q Place, 5 Alade Lawal Street Opp, Anthony Police Station, Anthony Village, Lagos.

Get to know why you should be trained on theses courses that
are in high demand in Nigeria today!

Benefits of attending:

- Free consultation with our certified professionals
- 10% discount on any course fee for interested participant
- Free refreshment

To book your space send an e-mail to: training@sijisontraining.com
or call 234-8180224477

Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by JOHNads: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sijison Training present free workshop on: ITIL-IT Service Management, Project Management Professional - PMP and Prince2

Date: Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th July 2014
Time: 10:00am-12:00noon
Venue: Q and Q Place, 5 Alade Lawal Street Opp, Anthony Police Station, Anthony Village, Lagos.

Get to know why you should be trained on theses courses that
are in high demand in Nigeria today!

Benefits of attending:

- Free consultation with our certified professionals
- 10% discount on any course fee for interested participant
- Free refreshment

To book your space send an e-mail to: training@sijisontraining.com
or call 234-8180224477

Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by Onlinebizexpert(m): 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
Cheekah212: [color=#006600]
interested!

vicadex07: ok

slap1: How many more quotes till you start talking?

Tex42: u've been quoted...

SailorXY:
importation of what exactly?

efembaba: [/quote]

obinoral1179:

luvola: ayodeleolaolu05@yahoo.com

wroskian:

[quote author=Emulti]

ok

akins56: pls am intrested, send me a mail to akinsuccess200@gmail.com

monlawal:
send me a mail..... monlawal@gmail.com

for the online importation bizness that you were interested in

visit: http://blazetainment..com/2014/07/how-to-earn-up-t0-100000-naira-monthly.htmlHERE for more details
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by angelanavejas: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2014
There are many problems for freshers to start their career as a fresh graduate they have to face many rejection but they should not let themselves demoralize.
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by angelanavejas: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Freshers have too many problems in finding jobs in their own industry.
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by Gigastreams: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2014
[b](GROUP TRAINING)

EXECUTIVE BOOT PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING (BOOT CAMP).
Gigastreams Consulting, a Training/Consulting firm based in Lagos welcomes you to the July & August edition of its PMP / CAPM Project Management Professional Training Programme.

Gigastreams Consulting is a Leading professional training & consulting firm with its headquarters in Lagos. We have trained over 400 individuals from organizations like Aptech Nigeria, Anabel capital, Accurate solutions (Training for the chief of staff department, Government house,AM Driving Academy, Washline Nigeria Limited , Swiss Villa Hotels and suites, Fine Way Energy Services and lots more.

Individuals who wish to improve themselves professionally and wish to advance their careers should enroll for this course.
The PMP/CAPM Project Management Certification Course is an internationally recognized course and is accredited by a professional institute based in USA- PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI)

The Course is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® 5TH Edition) Global Standard

Training Schedule for the month of July & August.
July: - 19th, 26th.
August: - 2nd, 9th.
Venue address for group Training: Jasmine Hall Of Orchid Hotels, Plot 3, Dreamworld Africana Way, After Chevron Roundabout, Ikota Epe Expressway, Lagos.

Training Fee:- N85, 000 Only.

Time
Saturdays:-9:00am Daily.

The training includes the following modules:-
1. Introduction to Project management
2. Organizational Influences and project life cycle
3. Project management process
4. Project integration management
5. Project scope management
6. Project time management
7. Project cost management
8. Project quality management
9. Project human resources management
10. Project communication management
11. Project risk management
12. Project procurement management
13. Project stakeholder management
Professional and Social Responsibility
The project stakeholder management is the latest addition to the previous
10 knowledge areas specified by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Tips for Passing the Exam the First Time

The Training package includes:
PMI Accredited Training Manual
MS Project Introduction
Exam prep books in soft copy format
PMI Handbook
Free Lecture Cds
Practice Question on Cd
Tea/Lunch break (Buffet)
Professional training by highly experienced facilitators
Certificate of Training (Indicating 35 contact hours of training)
Networking Opportunities
And Lots More

Mode of payment
Account name--Gigastreams Consulting
Account number--1012865364
Bank--Zenith BANK
OR

Account name--Gigastreams Consulting
Account number--0043800332
Bank--Diamond BANK
Payments can also be made through the bank or at our office. Please look at the office address below.
Office address: Suite E 346 Ikota Shopping Complex VGC, Lekki-Ajah Lagos.

If you have any more questions, please call +2348022224787 or +2348162834579 or send an e-mail to info@gigastreamsconsulting.com, omoatinuke@gigastreamsconsulting.com, omoatinukeajayi@hotmail.com or visit our website: https://www.gigastreamsconsulting.com/
Like us on facebook....https://www.facebook.com/giga.streams?ref=hl[/b]

Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by angelanavejas: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2014
There are many people who are worried for his beloved car because their car has become totally damaged and every part of it needs repairing but they don't want to put a single money on it. The people who wants to have [url="http://www.junkcarscash.com"]money for junk cars[/url] services can have the benefits of selling their old car at affordable price.Some of the junk car company give free towing services for their damaged car you simply call them and give the basic information about yourself.
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by alentyno: 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Riveting piece of info
Thumbs up @Op
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by Phrenarete(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2016
As a part 2 student of O.A.U studying public administration,i have always pondered about the future and what i will do for the rest of my life after graduation.The nigeria economy of today is fast becoming a battlefield,employment opportunities are limited while the number of students trooping out of higher institutions every year is alarming.
As a result of this,i have decided to acquire a skill while also studying for my degree on campus but the problem am facing is the choice of skill,though i have three on my mind(fashion designing,Barbing and phone engineer) from which i wish to learn one,however in acquiring any of these skill,there are some difficulties and obstacles tham am facing and as a result of these difficulties,the candid advice of nairalanders will be appreciated.here are the difficulties am facing with each skill i wish to learn.
1.fashion designing,this is my most prefered but learning it in school(on campus) means i won't be proficient in it because few students sew new clothes,all they do is mend.
2.Barbing,same problem of proficiency,no students will let u practise with their hair especially as it is best to start with children cut.
3.Phone repair,this is the cheapest i can learn on campus as i can be very good in it.please,nairalanders,your candid advice is required.
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by Chuksemi(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2016
UjSizzle:
I saw it on Hotnigerianjobs, dunno why the link won't show, but i think they lifted it from Thisday newspaper smiley

It's really helpful article for Nigerian job seekers with all that university degree craze in them. A good number of people seek other job fields because they can't get what they studied, instead of thinking 'maybe i'm not so good at this afterall' smiley

I think you should be paid for posting this. With the current trend and certificate craze, I think employers need this article more than undergraduates or recent graduates. The term 'marketable courses' has become vogue and should be discarded.

Understanding the futility of the B.sc is important.
Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by UjSizzle(f): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
3+ years after this piece and 4.5 years in paid employment and I see how valuable this advice is.

The author is right when he says you don't have to be what you studied in the university.
I am an economics graduate. Work as an auditor and currently a chartered accountant.
The one thing I've discovered about myself all these years is that I am good at solving complex problems. I'm a good analyst. I can see both sides of an argument. I could be a sales agent. Or a management consultant. Or an actuary. Or whatever else I desire tomorrow. University education and almost everything else you learn teaches you to become a well-rounded thinker.
And it helps if you keep this piece of advice in mind when you're out of school.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read by fastlane84: 9:44am On Jun 23, 2018
GET YOUR ASSURANCE TODAY

ITS PALM FRUITS BIZ. DONE IN AN EASY LESS KNOWN WAY

You can make multiple streams of income from just the palm fruit business... Even without buying and selling the palm fruit.. just the knowledge and a simple secrete that you have to learn...

Knowledge is power and wealth.. get knowledge and make the money. I will teach you how to do everything thing about the business....

From sourcing for ur fruits, how much to buy, where to buy, and most important company that pays instantly.... No story even thou your goods with who one million naira....

This is actually a funny business anyway��

Nt many people will even like it

But the truth is I hate just one stream of income cos I budget round my investment not necessarily with my money in my bank

D rich budget with investment why d poor budget with d cash dy have and so this is what happens

Ur cash finishes and u get broke���

But ur investment never runs dry cos its like a seed that keeps bringing out more fruits �
Now in those days I hated farming I always saw it as a business for poor people

I was surprised to see that dr is a great virtue in agriculture

If u understand how the market operates

Now there is a disclaimer to this seminar

*not everyone will be able to do it(but its not an excuse cos I will tell u just one way to do it without a dime in ur pocket and ur good to go*)���

People from Rivers and closeby states like delta even Ogun will play a key role....but others can still make cool cash from it.

3. U need finance to start it���
(partnership is a wise option here)

*this isn't like d usual stay in ur room and earn but u can still achieve that after finding ur feet in this great opportunity am gonna show to u all

NB: you can start with zero capital too..pm.

08035358364 pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Man Is A Street Sweeper In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Who Must You Be To End Your Struggle With Money? / 16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.