Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? (2341 Views)

Political Implications Of The Second Niger Bridge Construction Halt. / Angola Bans Islam And Shuts Down All Mosques Across The Country / What Is The Political Implications Of Fuel Subsidy Removal Now Under Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Adejoro74: 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques

LUANDA – According to several Angolan newspapers, Angola has become the first country in the world to ban Islam and Muslims, taking first measures by destroying mosques in the country.

“The process of legalization of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights, their mosques would be closed until further notice,” Rosa Cruz e Silva, the Angolan Minister of Culture, was quoted by Agence Ecofin on Friday, November 22.
Silva comments were given during her visit last Tuesday to the 6th to the Commission of the National Assembly.

She asserted that the decision was the latest in increased efforts to fight against religious sects, including illegal ones.

According to the minister, the action was necessary to fight relentlessly against the emergence of congregations whose worship are contrary to the customs of the Angolan culture.

Same as Islam, other faiths which were not legalized will face closure of their houses of worship.

"All sects on the list published by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights in the Angolan newspaper" “Jornal de Angola" are prohibited to conduct worship, so they should keep their doors closed," she said.

"In addition, we also have a long list of more than a thousand legalization applications,” she added.

Recurrent

The anti-Islam comments were not the first by Angolan officials after several hostile actions have been conducted in several cities across Angola.

"This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country", said the President, José Eduardo dos Santos.

Last October, Muslims from the urban municipality of Viana, Luanda, attended the destruction of the minaret of their mosque Zengo.

The provincial governor of Luanda, Bento Bento, said on the airwaves of local radio that "radical Muslims are not welcome in Angola and the Angolan government is not ready for the legalization of mosques."

He added that Muslims were not welcome in Angola and that the government would not legalize the presence of mosques in the country.

According to CIA Factbook, 47% of Angolans practice indigenous beliefs, 38% Roman Catholic and 15% Protestant.

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/africa/466297-angola-bans-islam-destroys-mosques.html

Photo caption:

Last October, Muslims from the urban municipality of Viana, Luanda, attended the destruction of the minaret of their mosque Zengo.

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Adejoro74: 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Questions:

Are there any dire global political consequences for this action?
Is this a good or bad move?
Will it trigger similar or even reciprocal actions in other countries?

Answer: Good move

The question is whether other faiths are permitted to be practiced in the Islamic world. If not, then countries having other major religions are free to ban the practice of Islam as well.

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Adejoro74: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
In a Biafra country, given what Muslims in Northern Nigeria have done and continue to do to Biafrans, Islam should be banned except for Yoruba Muslims, who are generally more sober than their northern counterparts.

3 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Willy2willy: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gooood News From Angola

3 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by erinolu(m): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
Excellent move....

Reasons..4

Christianity is an abomination in Saudi and other extremist islamic countries

Islam is well known to breed TERRORIST
(pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, Indonesia, iraq, libya, Iran, Mali, Chad. .etc...etc ....and now 9ja inclusive)

Islam is not tolerant to other religions. Death fatwah awaits any convert

Islam breeches basic human right tenets

Etc etc

3 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by sylvar02(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
Nawa o
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by MeAboki(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
May Allah forgive them and guide them back unto the right path.
The Angolans are proving what Muslims already know i.e. Christians are by far more intolerant against Islam than the other way round, in reality Christians only succeed in making Muslims look very bad because they own and control world media - through well orchestrated negative propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Adejoro74:

According to CIA Factbook, 47% of Angolans practice indigenous beliefs, 38% Roman Catholic and 15% Protestant.

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/africa/466297-angola-bans-islam-destroys-mosques.html

47%... Wow... I'm impressed! smiley smiley No wonder they have the self dignity and confidence to ban Islam.

In a way... this spells the first steps towards the ban on all foreign religions in Africa. The decolonisation of the African is truly underway. Next stop: Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Adejoro74: 9:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE:

47%... Wow... I'm impressed! smiley smiley No wonder they have the self dignity and confidence to ban Islam.

In a way... this spells the first steps towards the ban on all foreign religions in Africa. The decolonisation of the African is truly underway. Next stop: Christians.

You''d be surprised that 100% of Nigerians practice indigenous religions. We only mix it with church and mosque going. This is very rampant in southern Nigeria where Ifa, Ogun, Oraminyan (LOL), Amadioha, Ahiajoku and Egbesu, etc practices hold sway, in many cases clandestinely.

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
Adejoro74:

You''d be surprised that 100% of Nigerians practice indigenous religions. We only mix it with church and mosque going. This is very rampant in southern Nigeria where Ifa, Ogun, Oraminyan (LOL), Amadioha, Ahiajoku and Egbesu, etc practices hold sway, in many cases clandestinely.

You're right in a way though. cool

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by edoyad(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE:

First step indeed. But I doubt the second step would be that easy so considering it is 48 % Christian .

Me_Aboki: May Allah forgive them and guide them back unto the right path.
The Angolans are proving what Muslims already know i.e. Christians are by far more intolerant against Islam than the other way round, in reality Christians only succeed in making Muslims look very bad because own and control world media - through well orchestrated negative propaganda.

I don't know how to call you dumb or blind without sounding abusive. The statistics are right there before you to show 47% indigenous believers, 48% Christian and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
edoyad:

First step indeed. But I doubt the second step would be that easy so considering it is 48 % Christian .

I don't know how to call you dumb or blind without sounding abusive. The statistics are right there before you to show 47% indigenous believers, 48% Christian and the rest.

Leave him alone. What their people are doing in the North is also a propaganda right? Don't just answer him. Thanks to Ugandan government for telling them that there are no virgins in there.
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Datiboboi: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
This is what the prominent people from the northern part of the country has been fighten to impose sharia law in Nigeria . Thousands of blood has been spilled in some part of the country,hundreds of church has be burnt down all in the name of one religion.
Personally i believe that any country that want to progress should let go religion.

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
edoyad:

First step indeed. But I doubt the second step would be that easy so considering it is 48 % Christian.

Yawnn..... christianity is on the way out too.... just a matter of time... with their private jet riding pastors.
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by gramci: 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
Find them, kill them, all of them!
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by naijaking1: 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:
This is what the prominent people from the northern part of the country has been fighten to impose sharia law in Nigeria . Thousands of blood has been spilled in some part of the country,hundreds of church has be burnt down all in the name of one religion.
Personally i believe that any country that want to progress should let go religion.

This is the attitude that indirectly gives muslims an undue advantage in our society-the average christian is always willing to settle for secularism, while the average muslim believes in hoisting his religions above everything and at every time.
Guess who is going to dominate after a while
If you think you're going to live peacefully and side by side with some body whose religion tells him to forcefully convert you at every opportunity, then you're mistaken.

2 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by linuxuser(m): 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
Me_Aboki: May Allah forgive them and guide them back unto the right path.
The Angolans are proving what Muslims already know i.e. Christians are by far more intolerant against Islam than the other way round, in reality Christians only succeed in making Muslims look very bad because own and control world media - through well orchestrated negative propaganda.

I will think its you people that needs your Allah. Please can you tell us how christians has been intolerant to muslim? Please give us few instances where christains have killed and maimed muslims. How many places in the entire world did you also know of christians carrying suicide bombs. Think again my friend. How many times in nigeria has christian went on rampage destroyinh mosques. You know the truth that your islam is a cult that stands for nothing but violence.

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by adepojuot: 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Wao!!religion of peace indeed....
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
In Biafra,islam will not be tolerated.any foreigner who wants to practice islam will have to leave Biafra.
Adejoro74: In a Biafra country, given what Muslims in Northern Nigeria have done and continue to do to Biafrans, Islam should be banned except for Yoruba Muslims, who are generally more sober than their northern counterparts.
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by alaoeri: 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
linuxuser:

I will think its you people that needs your Allah. Please can you tell us how christians has been intolerant to muslim? Please give us few instances where christains have killed and maimed muslims. How many places in the entire world did you also know of christians carrying suicide bombs. Think again my friend. How many times in nigeria has christian went on rampage destroyinh mosques. You know the truth that your islam is a cult that stands for nothing but violence.
Christians carrying bombs? Maybe u should google the story regarding RRA in Britain and the earliest church reign in Europe, dig deep I assure you to find a lot of atrocities committed by the church.
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Olugbenger(m): 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
watch out for rapid development in Angola!

5 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by levelszik(m): 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
Thank God the world is beginning to do the needful.when wld nigeria emulate this giant stride toward development
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by redsun(m): 11:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
A stitch in time saves nine.Religion na wayo,it is for the doomed.
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by lincolnj88: 12:05am On Nov 25, 2013
grin best news on nairaland for the year 2013......... cheesy
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by mike404(m): 12:17am On Nov 25, 2013
Olugbenger: watch out for rapid development in Angola!
COMING FROM Buhari'S DIE HARD FAN
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Olugbenger(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2013
mike404: COMING FROM Buhari'S DIE HARD FAN
Sure, I'm his fan not because of his religion, but his personality.
I have nothing against Islam and muslims on Nl, as long you are not a fanatic; my major grudge against the running of the Islam section.
All ur tales about Buhari's fanatism have been proved false. Btw, he still commands more respect than ur infamous GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Olugbenger(m): 7:19am On Nov 25, 2013
gramci: Find them, kill them, all of them!
I had to laugh at this one!
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by chimerase2: 8:10am On Nov 25, 2013
If naija can ban muslim in dis country dn der will be peace in abundance embarassed
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by tosin2013: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Typical of cowards to sit behind a computer and spew hatred. All u do is incite hatred and violence. Yet u go to Dubai Malaysia Qatar and India to do business as if they are not Muslims there.

As for d Angolans, I hope they come round to their senses sooner Dan later.a good historical check shows DAT d more opposition shown to Islam d more it grows. cool

For Biafra hopefulss, I hope u will tell all ur Igbo brethren to leave lagos n d north when u go back to ur enclave.

It will be tit for tat. Don't present violence n expect clemency like u did during d civil war!

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by MeAboki(m): 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
linuxuser:

From time immemorial to date, Christians have killed and maimed more humanity than Muslims, however Christians have control of major world media outlets and so have been able to successfully manipulate perception of their atrocities at the expense of Islam, for example:
Christians had demonstrated ability the most deadly weapon of mass destruction (Atom Bomb) and had been the first and only ones to use it against human beings.
Adolf Hitler was one of world's cruelest dictators responsible for killing millions of lives.
Christians have created the most cruelest of devices for killing humans and are currently leaders in manufacture and sale of weapons used in ongoing wars responsible yet more deaths.
The involvement of the Americans alone, destabilizing countries of Asia & Middle East, is causing far more loss of human lives than all the terrorism attributable to Muslims put together; because American bombings by cruise missiles, planes and drones are killing more innocent civilians than targeted terrorists, which christian dominated world press suppresses through selective reporting and deliberated use of water-down less offensives phrases, such as collateral damage.

On the Nigerian front, there have been well reported cases of Christians attacking Muslims and burning of Mosques, as well as Christians pretending to be Muslims attempting to bomb churches in order to incriminate Muslims/Islam; notable among them was the case of Christian Biroms attacking and killing innocent Muslims while in prayer on Sallah day and roasting and cannibalizing on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3GKm8ik4_o

Also killings and rustling of Fulani cattle by Christian Tarok tribe in Yelwa town in Plateau State
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2004/mayweb-only/5-3-32.0.html

There were also reprisal killings of innocent Muslims in Onitsha
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/22/AR2006022200876.html
Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by Olugbenger(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Me_Aboki:

From time immemorial to date, Christians have killed and maimed more humanity than Muslims, however Christians have control of major world media outlets and so have been able to successfully manipulate perception of their atrocities at the expense of Islam, for example:
Christians had demonstrated ability the most deadly weapon of mass destruction (Atom Bomb) and had been the first and only ones to use it against human beings.
Adolf Hitler was one of world's cruelest dictators responsible for killing millions of lives.
Christians have created the most cruelest of devices for killing humans and are currently leaders in manufacture and sale of weapons used in ongoing wars responsible yet more deaths.
The involvement of the Americans alone, destabilizing countries of Asia & Middle East, is causing far more loss of human lives than all the terrorism attributable to Muslims put together; because American bombings by cruise missiles, planes and drones are killing more innocent civilians than targeted terrorists, which christian dominated world press suppresses through selective reporting and deliberated use of water-down less offensives phrases, such as collateral damage.

On the Nigerian front, there have been well reported cases of Christians attacking Muslims and burning of Mosques, as well as Christians pretending to be Muslims attempting to bomb churches in order to incriminate Muslims/Islam; notable among them was the case of Christian Biroms attacking and killing innocent Muslims while in prayer on Sallah day and roasting and cannibalizing on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3GKm8ik4_o

Also killings and rustling of Fulani cattle by Christian Tarok tribe in Yelwa town in Plateau State
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2004/mayweb-only/5-3-32.0.html

There were also reprisal killings of innocent Muslims in Onitsha
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/22/AR2006022200876.html

was Adolf hitler a christian?

Are all Americans christians?

You are a chronic liar and misguided islamist.
When it favours you, you and ur kind label non-muslims as christians.
Later, for a different tide; the converse occurs.

Tell me, what happened on the 'muslim invention' thread where ur brothers in terrorism labelled Non-muslim and even some christian inventions as those by ateheists and jews?

Aboki, eat ur words!
angry

4 Likes

Re: Angola Bans Islam: Any global Political Implications? by MeAboki(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
^^^^ I guess in your mind Adolf Hitler was Muslim and all commanders in chiefs of the American Govt. i.e. Presidents who coordinate foreign policy, therefore effectively approved the bombings and killings by American forces were Muslims, oh yes, Obama is Muslim.
Wake up from your slumber, obviously you must be typing in your sleep, forest dweller!
I bet the flesh of those slaughtered Muslims in the video must be very appetizing to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghanian Fraudster Duped A Lonely British Woman E800,000 In International Scam / Tambuwal Storms NASS Without Security Details / V.P Jonathan, A Corrupt And Ineffective State Governor: Wikileaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.