Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here - Culture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here (71726 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
berem: If you behave like Igbos doesn't make you an Igbo. If a Yoruba man speaks Igbo fluently,marries an Igbo woman and wears Igbo attires almost all the time doesn't make him an Igbo man. Cut the crap my friend! You guys are not Igbos. Its just fortunate that your ancestors missed their way to Alaigbo. No wonder the likes of Arthur Nzeribe behaves like a benin man. Smh
So you are saying we are not Igbos? Ok. cry

I don't have time to argue. . . . But i'm sure you know that the Bini and Igbo people are really related, almost every bini man has an Igbo blood in him!

WE ARE IGBOS! tongue

My mum is from Abia, so?

#TeamGOM
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by niceeric(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Proudly from Ejigbo local government area,Oshogbo in Osun State...Ipinle Omoluabi!!!!!!!
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by IworoAjido(m): 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Iworo........Lagos state
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by manny4life(m): 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
On another note, @babymama, any Igbo cultural event out in MD?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Work don end
Na dem owe me salary now grin grin
Biko bye bye
Make I carry my bag go enter okada
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Baby mama:

Haba berem stop it na
A man says he is Igbo and you tell him he ain't
What kain thing be that
That is a big insult to tell a man he is not who he is
I don't know why I don't like people from Oguta. They don't behave like Igbo people. Even though they are in the same senatorial zone with us, people from my place see them as strangers. I just don't know why. I will still find out more about their history anyway.
manny4life: On another note, @babymama, any Igbo cultural event out in MD?

I don leave MD
But I attended a new yam festival the other day
It was very good
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by otise: 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lustig: Am from Igarra in Akoko Edo LGA of Edo State... Any Etuno guy or lady in da house?
yea my person"yanrodu" etemeya?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Iworo Ajido: Iworo........Lagos state
ahaaaaa!! One omo eko has finally shown up! cheesy cheesy

Eko Oni Baje O!! cool
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
berem: I don't know why I don't like people from Oguta. They don't behave like Igbo people. Even though they are in the same senatorial zone with us, people from my place see them as strangers. I just don't know why. I will still find out more about their history anyway.

They have a unique ancestry
You know Igbos generally are very proud people cool cool
There are two Igbo groups that are prouder than us all
Oguta people and Aro
They see themselves as super Igbos with super intelligence
That is all good
Igbo bu Igbo
Hapu ihe ahu sista m
Ndi ozo na emeko hapu differences ha,ma Ndi luru agha ka cha sia onwe ha mark n'iru ka ebe a na solve quadratic equations
Nke Anyi o ga adi iche?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
god_of_music: So you are saying we are not Igbos? Ok. cry

I don't have time to argue. . . . But i'm sure you know that the Bini and Igbo people are really related, almost every bini man has an Igbo blood in him!

WE ARE IGBOS! tongue

My mum is from Abia, so?

#TeamGOM

Really? angry

Odumchi, please help me out with the bold before I get angry and break bottle on someone's head this night. Is that true? angry angry
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by passion007: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nzecorneboy: am 4rm enugu state. Isi-uzo l.g.a. Ikem is my home town OGORLEGWU is my clan

Unu-na-ayeee!
Biakadu huma wanem.
Ala!
Deeje!
I'm also from Ikem, Ogor Village.
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
Baby mama:

You know Igbos generally are very proud people
Oguta people and Aro
Igbo bu Igbo
Hapu ihe ahu sista m
Ndi ozo na emeko hapu differences ha,ma Ndi luru agha aka onwe ha mark n'iru
Nke Anyi o ga adi iche
ok a nugo m! cool
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by passion007: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
Kevsman: lol, no be small thing oh, am from Eha-Amufu (Mgbuji) in Isi-Uzo LGA of Enugu State
Wow.
My grandmother (God bless her memory) was from Eha Amufu. We spent several Christmases at Ama-ede.

I'm from Ikem anyway.
Ala! Deeje!
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
sadNow they beefin'

Berem, no buss bottle biko. kedu ka emere??
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
Bikonu keekwanu ndi Abia anyi?
undecided
Roland E: AGBOR

IKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF DELTA STATE

ANY BROTHER OR SISTER IN THE HOUSE; PLS GIVE ME A SHOUT
mine is ika north east local government area.
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by manny4life(m): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
Baby mama:

I don leave MD
But I attended a new yam festival the other day
It was very good

Really? Where to? Let me guess, it's gotta to be one of these states: TX, GA, NJ, OH, CA.
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
berem: Really? angry

Odumchi, please help me out with the bold before I get angry and break bottle on someone's head this night. Is that true? angry angry
It's true.
Even the Jaja of Opobo is IGBO!

Oguta people are just like the Deltan Igbos, Cross Rivers,Kogis,Bayelsa and etc. . .

We first stepped our feet to the East before Eri came!

#TeamGOM
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
manny4life:

Really? Where to? Let me guess, it's gotta to be one of these states: TX, GA, NJ, OH, CA.

Yes!
Ka m bia lawa oru agbasa go
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by passion007: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
Afolayinka: Ikaram akoko,ondo state
Ikare Akoko?
The land of rocky hills.
Plus, weather extremes.

1 Like

Anyone from Mbaukwu ?
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
iyke926: sadNow they beefin'

Berem, no buss bottle biko. kedu ka emere??
am doing great thanks.
I need someone to tell me how Igbos are related to Bini people. Was that a joke or what? History is not something to joke with. I need a proof! angry
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by manny4life(m): 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Baby mama:

Yes!
Ka m bia lawa oru agbasa go

Haha, I guessed right grin
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
god_of_music: It's true.

Oguta people are just like the Deltan Igbos, Cross Rivers,Kogis,Bayelsa and etc. . .

#TeamGOM
Nnaa your ancestry gbagoro agbago.
Either n'ibu onye igbo or n'iburo.
Gwa anyi eziokwu!
cool
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by truelovecom: 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
Baby mama:

You know Igbos generally are very proud people cool cool
Oguta people and Aro
That is all good
Igbo bu Igbo
Hapu ihe ahu sista m
Ndi ozo na emeko hapu differences ha,ma Ndi luru agha ka cha sia onwe ha mark n'iru ka ebe a na solve quadratic equations
Nke Anyi o ga adi iche?

But its true that Aro is super igbo and got super intelligence....Abum nwa Aro-ndizuogu................Not all igbo are truely igbo, cos some migrated from ugwu-awusa, or even from ofe-nmanu land, and are living with us. And are previlaged to answer IGBO
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
berem: I don't know why I don't like people from Oguta. They don't behave like Igbo people. Even though they are in the same senatorial zone with us, people from my place see them as strangers. I just don't know why. I will still find out more about their history anyway.
My uncle married from Oguta. D woman is nice. Nicer dan d husband's brother's wife. Plus I have some friends from Oguta. Once u can communicate in Central Igbo with them,no quelms. But if it cums to dialect, forget it, u will understand nada gringrin. D woman dat tended my late grandma is from oguta, she speaks little Central Igbo,communication is real waaa must tyms. They are Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ishsoph:
Nnaa your ancestry gbagoro agbago.
Either n'ibu onye igbo or n'iburo.
Gwa anyi eziokwu!
cool
Abu'm nwa afor Igbo, unu choro i chupu anyi na-ala nnaui okwaya?

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Okay, who is from Awka here ? angry
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by banky0503(m): 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ora igbona in Ifedayo LGA Osun state. I be confirm Omo ile odofin.
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by BarryX(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
adaobi123: Anyone from Mbaukwu ?
Yeah -- I'm from there

So you're my sister by

Educationgrin

I ran a year University programme there back then !!
Such a hilly locality
The campus kinda made the place grin
Re: Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
god_of_music: It's true.

#TeamGOM
"shaking my head in utter dismay". You would have said Oguta people came into existence before Jesus Christ. I weak! embarassed embarassed

Now I realised I was wasting my time chatting with you. Am off to bed! cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (48) (Reply)

Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Fun Iwosan, Itusile Ati Aseyori / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.