Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle (60150 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Buying Used Cars? / Policy Reversal: Used Vehicle Importation Rises By 30% ! / Do Not Buy Any Used Vehicle Without Checking Out The Vin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by valencia25(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2013
Pesuzok:

If you need a cheaper ride, 600000 can land you this ride to Lagos

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2003-volkswagen-passat-gls-54032274

Ciao

You mean anywhere in Lagos?

Is it negotiable and Do you do pay on delivery?
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Pesuzok(m): 9:32am On Nov 30, 2013
valencia25:

You mean anywhere in Lagos?

Is it negotiable and Do you do pay on delivery?

The 600,000 is the cost for the ride, charges and shipping to Lagos. The cost of clearing is not inclusive. Yes the vehicle can be delivered anywhere in Lagos; in this case you will have to pay about 250,000 or less for clearing from the port.

You can pay on delivery, but in this case the total will be 900,000 of which you have to pay 20% of it as commitment.

Please note that if the cost of clearing increases next year as directed by FG, the total cost of the vehicle will definitely increase.

You can call me on 08037505032
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by pato405(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2013
OP,

how soon does it take the cars to arrive Lagos port. I'm apprehensive about making these payments and having to wait donkey years before the cars arrive. I don't want these your sales gimmick of making it sound so affordable and easy, but in reality, you're only using this coy as a bait to get customers trapped into the contract. Once payment is made, the rest is story story, long endless storieeeeeeeeeeeees and excuses of how the car is waiting for the next ship, or how the terminal in Carlifornia is temporarily closed, or how one paper needs to be faxed and the fax machine just got broke e.t.c abeg! there has been cases of people waiting as much as 6 months or more before a car arrives. So, give us your words.."how soon"?

Btw, that Acura isn't bad. Can you do it for a little less than that, as a lot of work needs to be done grin

mail: minajkindy@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by itunushadare: 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pesuzok:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2003-volkswagen-passat-gls-54032274

Ciao
[quote author=Pesuzok]

I was d one that called u not quite long as regards clearing/fowarding.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by dashintrends: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
pato405: OP,

how soon does it take the cars to arrive Lagos port. I'm apprehensive about making these payments and having to wait donkey years before the cars arrive.

Trust me, minimum 2 months.
1 week to move to Port.
3 weeks at customs
3 weeks on sea. Am in my 3rd week of Customs as at today.
Still no Hope of shipping date.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by ExpressBooking(m): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2013
imperiouxx:

$1700 wetin? Is that only for the tires + alloy rims? undecided

I heard you guys (auctionexport) and copart only put cars for auction and after the bidding ends, you might (most time) say the auction price isn't met. So you cut off the deal. True or false? . What differentiate you from copart since two of you interchange business?

http://www.topix.com/forum/blogs/TT37O62Q6844PHHCA
AuctionExport is the most transparent online vehicle dealers I have come across. You must understand that there are 'buy now', 'bid now', 'go live bidding', live on the phone bid'. There are also Buy now clean cars, salvage cars, salvage insurance cars, dealer cars and repo cars. Now you need to understand the procedures of buying through AuctionExport by reading 'how to buy' and 'frequently asked questions'
Auction Export offers you the chance to pre-bid and then they will submit the highest pre-bid on their site to the auctions and if you win they will notify you,if you were outbid at the auction they will still notify you. Bit preferably you should request live-on-the phone bidding where they will call you 2 mins before the auction of the vehicle and will guide you through the auction, telling the present bid and asking you if they should bid for you at that amount or not.
If it is a vehicle that has 'buy now' option and is from a public or private auction, when you make a 'buy now' request AuctionExport will communicate the Insurance company or auctioneer of your buy now request and upon approval you own the car.
Also if you have up to $1,000 on your AuctionExport account you can join 'go-live bidding' and do everything for yourself and by yourself.but you will only be able to participate in public live auctions.

I got this 2001 Toyota Avalon XLs through live on the phone bidding

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by ExpressBooking(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2013
It is actually between 6-8 weeks because it depends on a whole lot of factors like
1. The location of the vehicle in the USA
Places like Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey,New York,Massachusetts, Maryland,Virginia, are very close to New Jersey exit port especially for vehicles that cannot go RO-RO
2. The availability of the vehicle and title as some owners tend to turn in their vehicle title late after about 10-15 days of purchase.
3. The availability of cars going to same destination for container shipments as a 40 feet container bears 4 vehicles or 5 as the case maybe.
4. The schedules of the shipping lines. For instance Grimaldi Lines or Hoegh Auto liners has fixed schedule for North America to West Africa and they strictly comply to it.

But once the vessel leaves US it will arrive Tincan in 17 days maximum
dashintrends:

Trust me, minimum 2 months.
1 week to move to Port.
3 weeks at customs
3 weeks on sea. Am in my 3rd week of Customs as at today.
Still no Hope of shipping date.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2013
moscobabs:
I'm intrested sir.my mail box moscobabs8@gmail.com,moscobabs@yahoo.com or tunde.moses@rondatoks.com.expecting ur mail.thanks

I have sent you letter with instructions. Kindly, follow hem and you'll be able to get this car.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2013
itunushadare: @op-am interested in buying d accura or any other cheap ride. Pls kindly send me a mail. Itunushadare1@yahoo.com. Looking 4ward 2 hearing 4rm u soonest, cheers.

I have sent email with instructions to you. Kindly, follow them and we'll be able to reserve this vehicle for you.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2013
valencia25:

Hello,

i am so interested in this, and i'd appreciate if you can do me a mail on kaydeecr7@gmail.com and let us proceed cos i don't seem to understand your site but i will sign up now tho.

I await your response.

I have seen you're a registered member with us right now.
I have sent you instructions via email, kindly follow them and let me know, if you have any other questions.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:10am On Dec 02, 2013
Deen4me: You forgot to add these pics

You're right. I didn't forget to put the link though:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2004-acura-tsx-53841277

Which you can always check and get full details on the car's condition and all the available pictures.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:11am On Dec 02, 2013
conc_acid: Oh oh, the Acura is badly damage nah @ import 1.

But it still run&drive and interior looks like very good!!
So it's up to you to decide!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:11am On Dec 02, 2013
conc_acid: @op, this will cost a lot to fix.

But it still run&drive and interior looks like very good!!
So it's up to you to decide!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2013
bigclem22: Pls I need a 2000 / 2001 toyota camry ASAP, pls give me breakdown of total cost to lagos.

Kindly, check this link and choose all the preferable specifications for the car you're interested in:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory

Here is approximate shipping quote to Lagos:

Ocean shipping cost to Nigeria by ro-ro is 1150$
Ocean shipping cost to Nigeria by container is 1350$
Total shipping cost will be estimated between 1600-1900 $(ground transportation+shipping)
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2013
HOTARIO:

Fixing this is not a problem. And it appears the most damage is to the trunck and not the lower end. Add up the total landing cost and budget another 150k for fixing and I'm sure you still have a good deal if you compare local prices.

And this in my view is better than buyinh a naija used car which may have been baptised by naija mechanics.

My view.

Thank you for this information!
I totally agree!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:22am On Dec 02, 2013

how soon does it take the cars to arrive Lagos port. I'm apprehensive about making these payments and having to wait donkey years before the cars arrive. I don't want these your sales gimmick of making it sound so affordable and easy, but in reality, you're only using this coy as a bait to get customers trapped into the contract. Once payment is made, the rest is story story, long endless storieeeeeeeeeeeees and excuses of how the car is waiting for the next ship, or how the terminal in Carlifornia is temporarily closed, or how one paper needs to be faxed and the fax machine just got broke e.t.c abeg! there has been cases of people waiting as much as 6 months or more before a car arrives. So, give us your words.."how soon"?

Btw, that Acura isn't bad. Can you do it for a little less than that, as a lot of work needs to be done grin

I have sent an email to you with instructions you should follow. Kindly, let me know, if you have any other questions.
As it's the car from our REPO section, it's possible for you get a discount by using Make an offer option, once your account is credited with the deposit.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:25am On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=ExpressBooking][/quote]

Thank you for this informative comment and your feedback.
We are glad you've got the vehicle of your choice.
We are looking forward to doing further business with you!!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:25am On Dec 02, 2013

Average time for the transportation is 45-60 days.
But you need to understand that different factor can affect it. So simply be prepared to it and your car will be delivered in any case.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2013
ExpressBooking: It is actually between 6-8 weeks because it depends on a whole lot of factors like
1. The location of the vehicle in the USA
Places like Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey,New York,Massachusetts, Maryland,Virginia, are very close to New Jersey exit port especially for vehicles that cannot go RO-RO
2. The availability of the vehicle and title as some owners tend to turn in their vehicle title late after about 10-15 days of purchase.
3. The availability of cars going to same destination for container shipments as a 40 feet container bears 4 vehicles or 5 as the case maybe.
4. The schedules of the shipping lines. For instance Grimaldi Lines or Hoegh Auto liners has fixed schedule for North America to West Africa and they strictly comply to it.

But once the vessel leaves US it will arrive Tincan in 17 days maximum

That is absolutely true!
All the buyers should know it in order to avoid any inconveniences.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hi guys!!
What is new for today??

How do you lIke this car THAT IS IN NIGERIA ALREADY!!

READY TO BE PICKED UP!

Check all the details here:

2006 LEXUS GX 470 Wagon 4 Door $16800

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2006-LEXUS-GX-470-Wagon-4-Door-54003417

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Here are full details for this car:

VIN # JTJBT20X160106228
MILEAGE: 75,559 mi
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
Engine: __ 8 Cylinder
Drivetrain: 4 Wheel Drive
Transmission: Automatic
Sale End Date: Dec 7, 2013 12:00:00 PM (EST)
TIME LEFT:
5 days
View Sale

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello members!!

Don't you want to feel like a King while driving this car??

2007 MERCEDES-BENZ E350
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Info/2007-mercedes-benz-e350-54105044

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hello guys!

"DO NOT take a risk, check your vehicle, FREE Autocheck reports by the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1531230/reality-exported-cars"

Thank you!
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
ANOTHER OFFER FOR $1!!

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Don't you know how to get a discount on the buy now price of the REPO car??

The answer is very easy with our company!

MAKE AN OFFER will enable you to offer the price you're ready to pay for any of Repossessed offers! And it's possible you'll get reasonable discount!

Check the list of REPO vehicles here:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Search_Results?vtype=vehicles&adv_srch=false&autoID=&vin=&keywords1=&autoyearfrom=&autoyearto=2013&automake=&supergroup=&automodel=&automileagefrom=0&automileageto=9999999&auctionType=6
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:28am On Dec 04, 2013
2005 TOYOTA SCION
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2005-TOYOTA-SCION-54140273

Title Type: CLEAN TITLE
Title State: Massachusetts
Has Keys: YES
Damage Description: MINOR DENTS/SCRATCHE
Loss Description:
Odometer Code: Actual

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hello guys!!

Do you need any information regarding transportation or car's inspection?

These are usually major challenges we face, during buying cars from North America!

I'll be glad to provide you with necessary information.
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
Here are full list of our clean cars. May be you'll see a vehicle of your choice here:

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/Search_Results?clean=1
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2013
Dear members!!

Are you interested in parts??

here are two vehicles from our REPO section that have no title. Thus, we'll need to cut them into parts and containerize in order to deliver them to Lagos port. Let me know, if you're interested in any of these offers:

2005 NISSAN MURANO SE/SL/S SUV 4 Doors $3500
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2005-NISSAN-MURANO-SESLS-SUV-4-Doors-51106492

1999 TOYOTA CAMRY Sedan 4 Doors $1100
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/1999-TOYOTA-CAMRY-Sedan-4-Doors-50768776
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Do you think it's a good deal?

The client is salvaged, but it's still run&drive.

How much do you think it'll cost to fix it?

2003 TOYOTA CAMRY LE/XLE/SE Sedan 4 Door

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory/info/2003-TOYOTA-CAMRY-LEXLESE-Sedan-4-Door-54189954

Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
There are two options, we can offer, in order for you to be sure in the condition of the car, you are interested in:

1. Once your account is credited with the deposit, you'll be able to use Autocheck service from our website. On each car's profile you can see Autocheck button. Simply click on it and you'll receive the report to your email address with the whole history of the car and description of its condition. It'll cost you 2.5$ per each.

2. You can also refer to our Sales department and they'll try to arrange an independent inspection for you. You'll get a full report for the car on about 20 pages and 40 pictures of the car. It'll cost you about 150-250$ (for the exact cost, please refer to our sales department).
Re: Challenges Of Buying A Used Vehicle by Export1: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
[b]When buying a clean title vehicle please check of the vehicle history report. Soon you might notice that the brand new or clean title car is not that clean when it goes by the roads. So often deployed airbags are removed and instead of the bag it's filled with trash and you have the idea that the airbag presents, however when it comes to an accident you surprisingly notice what comes out. This named safety could cost lives of people.
Be careful! Do not take the risk! Avoid scam, DO purchase vehicles from authorized auto-dealers acquiring for the vehicle history report and the title.
The reason of us creating this topic is to assure you that there are no miracles in the car business neither in Nigeria nor anywhere in the world. If you are offered the vehicle with the price lower than it would come from North America itself as a clean title vehicle after customs and shipping paid, still cheaper than the clean title vehicle from North America, be sure that that vehicle has dirty history. As an outcome you will spend your money and receive garbage.

Please refer to the link below to see what you buy saving couple dollars!

https://www.nairaland.com/1531230/reality-exported-cars [/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

"Buhari" Plate Number Spotted At Kogi College Of Education / Man From Gombe Constructs A Vehicle With Local Materials / Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.