Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

"Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" (5453 Views)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: Smith wigglesworth and co.

Really?. . .

Here is an entry about the guy I got from the internet. . .

"Wigglesworth claimed to have healed numerous people suffering from cancer, which he described as 'a living evil spirit'. He believed that ninety percent of diseases were 'satanic in origin'. His methods often involved hitting, slapping or punching the afflicted part of the body. On a number of occasions his approach[b] to persons suffering from stomach complaints was to punch them in the stomach[/b], sometimes with such force that it propelled them across the room. When challenged on this, his response was "I don't hit them, I hit the devil". When confronted with the failure of a healing, Wrigglesworth's response was to accuse the sufferer of being "full of unbelief" ". . . .

Is this your evidence for your god healing amputees?. . .A person that believe diseases are of satanic origin?. . .The report also said he claimed to have healed a man that had no feet. . . grin. .He is no different from TB Joshu who claims to raise people from the dead. . .TB Joshua has his on TV all of Wigglesworth miracles are just anecdotal. . .People are know to tell lies for their various religions all of the time, he is also a part of them. . .

2 Likes

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Femmymata2: It is like asking adeboye,oyedepo or kumuyi to destroy boko haram with the power of holy spirit. It is IMPOSSIBLE..

Perfect example, here is an example of prayers that does not even require the belief of the other party involved. . .Joshthefirst, pls show us that the bible is try by praying for god to wipe off BH in 72 hours and make them accept Jesus. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Femmymata2(m): 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

Perfect example, here is an example of prayers that does not even require the belief of the other party involved. . .Joshthefirst, pls show us that the bible is try by praying for god to wipe off BH in 72 hours and make them accept Jesus. . .
A blind man from birth was as a result of bringing glory to God according to jesus. I guess God glorifies itself in children being slaughtered in their hostels or what could be the reason why it couldn't stop the monsters from carrying out such evil act. FREE WILL MAYBE

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 2:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
Femmymata2: A blind man from birth was as a result of bringing glory to God according to jesus. I guess God glorifies itself in children being slaughtered in their hostels or what could be the reason why it couldn't stop the monsters from carrying out such evil act. FREE WILL MAYBE

Sure, people been killed in their various churches which they call house of god by BH brings glory to their imaginary god all of the time. . .A god that fails to protect people that come to worship him in his own house. . .Yet the same goons will be all over the place telling us that we are nothing without this same imaginary entiry that can not even protect his own in his own house of worship. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

This crafty fool is here again, you know very well that i have no time for your foolishness. . .What has evolution got to do with the fact that you imaginary god can not heal amputees?. . .I have already provided a video of a guy whose amputated arms were restored by doctors. . .A guy that lost most part of his face was given a new face(face transplant). . .Baldness now has a cure, while your imaginary god can only depend on fools like you to be scaring others with the imaginary sadistic idea of hell for not believing their myths, lies and crazy ideas. . .Deluded goon. . .

You don't have to direct your frustration at me direct at the Scriptures that described what atheists really are, fools according to Psalm 14:1. Watch the videoclip below and see that you have no excuse for denying God because you want to persist in your sinful lifestyle. If this man who has no limbs can live a fulfilled life and praise God for it then you should now that you have no excuse in fighting against your Maker.

http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/the-beautiful-love-story-of-nick-vujicic-and-his-wife-kanae-miyahara-10807/
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
MeandSum:

very convenient. Your god seems to always work through some atheist doctor or scientist. A god that was so full of himself that he/she created the devil just for fun! Why the hell would you need him then? he always seem to work through somebody else.

You've got no excuse, fella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ91fYMqR10

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You don't have to direct your frustration at me direct at the Scriptures that described what atheists really are, fools according to Psalm 14:1. Watch the videoclip below and see that you have no excuse for denying God because you want to persist in your sinful lifestyle. If this man who has no limbs can live a fulfilled life and praise God for it then you should now that you have no excuse in fighting against your Maker.

http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/the-beautiful-love-story-of-nick-vujicic-and-his-wife-kanae-miyahara-10807/

You remain a fool for believing in the fairy tales writing by the ancient jews and romans about their imaginary god. . .Yor imaginary god is not my maker, your imaginary god can not make anything. . .the person that wrote psalm remains a fool and any body that believes in it also remains a fool. . . .The question is why does your god whom you believe is still in the business of throwing out divine miracles unable to heal amputees?. . .The answer is pretty simple, he remains imaginary. . . as such can not heal anything or any body. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

You remain a fool for believing in the fairy tales writing by the ancient jews and romans about their imaginary god. . .Yor imaginary god is not my maker, your imaginary god can not make anything. . .the person that wrote psalm remains a fool and any body that believes in it also remains a fool. . . .The question is why does your god whom you believe is still in the business of throwing out divine miracles unable to heal amputees?. . .The answer is pretty simple, he remains imaginary. . . as such can not heal anything or any body. . .

I think you need to be reminded of what you are as you tend to forget too soon:

"The fool has said in his heart, There is no God..." (Psalm 53:1).

It is much more reasonable to believe that a published book has no printer than to believe that there is no God. Who in his right mind would ever believe that no one compiled its pages, that no one produced the graphic art, and that no one printed the book. The publication happened by chance.... from nothing. There was no paper, no ink, no cardboard and no glue. That the paper just came into being (from nothing), then trimmed itself into perfectly straight edges. All the words then fell into place, forming coherent sentences and then the graphic art appeared. The pages fell into numerical order, and finally the book bound itself up.

The fact that there was a printer is axiomatic, so it would be intellectually insulting to even begin to argue for the case of the printer's existence. For the same reason, the Bible does not enter into the case for God's existence. It simply begins by saying, "In the beginning God..." (Genesis 1:1)

"It takes no brains to be an "atheist". Any stupid person can deny the existence of the supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of the conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law, the mystery of the first life... or the marvellous in which the universe moves about us on this planet earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficent Deity.... That Deity is the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ, His Son" - Dwight Eisenhower
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 5:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I think you need to be reminded of what you are as you tend to forget too soon:

"The fool has said in his heart, There is no God..." (Psalm 53:1).

It is much more reasonable to believe that a published book has no printer than to believe that there is no God. Who in his right mind would ever believe that no one compiled its pages, that no one produced the graphic art, and that no one printed the book. The publication happened by chance.... from nothing. There was no paper, no ink, no cardboard and no glue. That the paper just came into being (from nothing), then trimmed itself into perfectly straight edges. All the words then fell into place, forming coherent sentences and then the graphic art appeared. The pages fell into numerical order, and finally the book bound itself up.

Humans produce books that we all know. . .The universe is not a human society. . .By the way which god created the universe, definitely not the god of the bible because his creation story in the book of genesis is a joke. . .

The fact that there was a printer is axiomatic, so it would be intellectually insulting to even begin to argue for the case of the printer's existence. For the same reason, the Bible does not enter into the case for God's existence. It simply begins by saying, "In the beginning God..." (Genesis 1:1)

The universe was created by the pantheon of hindu gods lead by the goddes shiva . .

"It takes no brains to be an "atheist". Any stupid person can deny the existence of the supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of the conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law, the mystery of the first life... or the marvellous in which the universe moves about us on this planet earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficent Deity.... That Deity is the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ, His Son" - Dwight Eisenhower

Just show us that your god exist by doing what he promised you, that is doing greater things than he was written to have done by healing an amputee, remember in the story he just did it and the person he healed was an unbeliever(roman soldier). . .Do that already and stop copying and pasting gibberish. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

Humans produce books that we all know. . .The universe is not a human society. . .By the way which god created the universe, definitely not the god of the bible because his creation story in the book of genesis is a joke. . .

Thank God that you at least know how foolish it sounds to begin to argue against printers of books. Likewise, when I look at a painting, how can I know that there was a painter. Do you need faith to know that there was a painter? The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at the universe that is all the evidence I need to know that there is a Creator, there's no excuse.

mazaje:

The universe was created by the pantheon of hindu gods lead by the goddes shiva . .

Do you believe in the supernatural? Is it the Creator God that you are having a problem with? Read the quote of Dwight Eisenhower to find out who your Creator is.

mazaje:

Just show us that your god exist by doing what he promised you, that is doing greater things than he was written to have done by healing an amputee, remember in the story he just did it and the person he healed was an unbeliever(roman soldier). . .Do that already and stop copying and pasting gibberish. . .

You will have to remove those blinders from your eyes before I can show you the light.

1 Share

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Thank God that you at least know how foolish it sounds to begin to argue against printers of books. Likewise, when I look at a painting, how can I know that there was a painter. Do you need faith to know that there was a painter? The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at the universe that is all the evidence I need to know that there is a Creator, there's no excuse.

the universe is not the human society and it does not function as the human society. . .lets agree the universe was created, you havent shown with any evidence at all that the creator is one and it is that of the bible. . .I can say the creators are the pantheon of hindus gods, you cant show that to be false. . .

Do you believe in the supernatural? Is it the Creator God that you are having a problem with? Read the quote of Dwight Eisenhower to find out who your Creator is.

Who the hell is dwight eisenhower?. . .read the verdes and find out about the true nature of the creators of the universe. . .

You will have to remove those blinders from your eyes before I can show you the light.

Light?. . .I laugh in aramiac. . .You should not be puting light and your deluded self in the same sentence. . .You know and have no light. . .You only know and have mythological delusions to yap about. . .

2 Likes

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

the universe is not the human society and it does not function as the human society. . .lets agree the universe was created, you havent shown with any evidence at all that the creator is one and it is that of the bible. . .I can say the creators are the pantheon of hindus gods, you cant show that to be false. . .

You haven't answered my question: Do you believe in the supernatural?

mazaje:

Who the hell is dwight eisenhower?. . .read the verdes and find out about the true nature of the creators of the universe. . .

Ignorance is bliss. cool Do you know who the current POTUS is?

mazaje:

Light?. . .I laugh in aramiac. . .You should not be puting light and your deluded self in the same sentence. . .You know and have no light. . .You only know and have mythological delusions to yap about. . .

I know that what you call light is darkness until you see the real light.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
Best leave these guys in order not to fulfill scriptures.

New International Version
As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."Romans 2:24
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

I believe I have said something of this manner to you before:

How many years will it take you to see the foolishness of your argument? You try to debunk God by stating that there are many different concepts of the nature of God?

That's as reasonable as saying there is no real naira because counterfeits flood the market.

And when a theist speak of God and of his attributes, he might be adressing the universal fact of the creator.

You delude yourself, that's why the bible treats you dismissively as a fool.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 9:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: I believe I have said something of this manner to you before:

How many years will it take you to see the foolishness of your argument? You try to debunk God by stating that there are many different concepts of the nature of God?

That's as reasonable as saying there is no real naira because counterfeits flood the market.

And when a theist speak of God and of his attributes, he might be adressing the universal fact of the creator.

You delude yourself, that's why the bible treats you dismissively as a fool.

You fail to get the main point. . .There are many different god ideas and concept because god is a man made idea that is why there are many different gods, goddesses and religions, get that. . .Both the real naira and counterfiet naira are both human creations and that is my point. . .All gods are man made including yours. . .God remains a human conception and human idea, end of story. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Femmymata2(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
A God that can't save its worshippers from slaughter in the hands of mere men (boko) definitely DO NOT EXIST, IF IT EXIST THEN U KNOW WHAT SUCH A GOD is...

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Femmymata2(m): 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

You fail to get the main point. . .There are many different god ideas and concept because god is a man made idea that is why there are many different gods, goddesses and religions, get that. . .Both the real naira and counterfiet naira and both human creations and that is my point. . .All gods are man made including yours. . .God remains a human conception and human idea, end of story. . .
This should be easy for anybody to fathom. By löoking around its obvious that man created many Gods for the purpose of worship,protectiön,hope, explaining phenmenons e.t.c NO GOD CAN TALK,MOVE,ACT WITHOUT THE Aiding of MAN Who created it. WITHOUT ISRAELITES THERE IS NO HEBREW GOD, WITHOUT ARAB THERE IS NO ALLAH,without The YORUBA'S THERE IS NO ODUDUWA,SANGO,OYA E.T.C. But like they say, Religion is the OPIUM OF THE PEOPLE

4 Likes

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

You fail to get the main point. . .There are many different god ideas and concept because god is a man made idea that is why there are many different gods, goddesses and religions, get that. . .Both the real naira and counterfiet naira and both human creations and that is my point. . .All gods are man made including yours. . .God remains a human conception and human idea, end of story. . .
no actually. Reasonable men look at the universe and its fine tuning and understand there is a God, and a conscious one at that. You are the one living in a false concept that you have to greatly fuel and restate to yourself to uphold.

Just look at how convicted you are in your thinking, to dismiss all cases of healing because of a case of non-healing, to dismiss every case of a revelation or the supernatural and all such stuff just to favour your dogmatic convictions. Suit yourself then. Reasonable people don't have time or energy to accept that position.

You look at hypocrisy and deny faithfulness, you look at design and blame chance.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
Femmymata2: This should be easy for anybody to fathom. By löoking around its obvious that man created many Gods for the purpose of worship,protectiön,hope, explaining phenmenons e.t.c NO GOD CAN TALK,MOVE,ACT WITHOUT THE Aiding of MAN Who created it. WITHOUT ISRAELITES THERE IS NO HEBREW GOD, WITHOUT ARAB THERE IS NO ALLAH,without The YORUBA'S THERE IS NO ODUDUWA,SANGO,OYA E.T.C. But like they say, Religion is the OPIUM OF THE PEOPLE
stupidity is the opium of the people. That and human nature. Infact, atheism will only make things worse in nigeria, seeing as they subscribe to no moral basis.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Femmymata2(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
I doubt if the belief in various GODst by different people in the world have made it a better place. Without money Man feels hopeless same with God, but man created Money and God

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: no actually. Reasonable men look at the universe and its fine tuning and understand there is a God, and a conscious one at that. You are the one living in a false concept that you have to greatly fuel and restate to yourself to uphold.

Fine tuning for what?. . .When I look at the universe I see chaos, colliding planets, asteriods, galazxies eating up each others, galaxies expanding into space. . .Distruction etc. . .What are all the vast solar systems out there fine tuned for?. . .

Just look at how convicted you are in your thinking, to dismiss all cases of healing because of a case of non-healing, to dismiss every case of a revelation or the supernatural and all such stuff just to favour your dogmatic convictions. Suit yourself then. Reasonable people don't have time or energy to accept that position.

Diseases sometimes go into remission on their own with out any drug, it happens to many people irrespective of faith. . .Many chose to ascribe it to god and claim it as an example of healing. . .Divine healing does not work, if it does christians will not be visiting hospitals. . .After all the bible recommends that people go to their church elders to be prayed for when they are sick. . .Many of those that have tired it ended up dead, i know some here in Nigeria that tried it and died, others tried it their conditions got worse and they ran to various hospitals. . .If you can provide a good evidence of divine healing, a clear cut evidence like god healing amputees then I will believe. . .Telling me about testimonies will not fly because it is a fact that people tell lies to promote their religions ALL OF THE TIME. . .I will not accept and bogus testimony. . .If the bible is true, you should be able to heal amputees because Jesus promised those of you that believe in him the ability to perform greater wonders that what was written about him. . .

You look at hypocrisy and deny faithfulness, you look at design and blame chance.

I have never stated that chance created the universe, my position is no body knows, the religionist and the scientist are all guessing. . .No one ones how the universe came about, what or who is responsible for it, we can just keep putting out our ideas, but the reality is that no one truly knows. . .I don't know and that is my position. . .If you claim you know then provide objective evidence, after all extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Femmymata2: I doubt if the belief in various GODst by different people in the world have made it a better place. Without money Man feels hopeless same with God, but man created Money and God
belief in Jesus Christ and walking in his word has made the world a much better place, has enabled people to hope and forgive.

But man will always have a corrupt nature, and to blame religion for this is stupidity.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: stupidity is the opium of the people. That and human nature. Infact, atheism will only make things worse in nigeria, seeing as they subscribe to no moral basis.

Morality has nothing to do with religion. . .Christianity can never make Nigeria a better place, we see it in Nigeria and it has failed the people. . .It can never save them from anything. . .

2 Likes

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: belief in Jesus Christ and walking in his word has made the world a much better place, has enabled people to hope and forgive.

But man will always have a corrupt nature, and to blame religion for this is stupidity.

Which world are you talking about?. . .Which world?. . .Do people in other parts of the world that do not believe in god not forgive each other. . .Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world, how has the belief in Jesus made Nigerians better people?. . .I have told you that despite you endless rants about man's corrupt nature and how we need Jesus, there are many muslims, atheist, hindus, taioist etc that are much better human beings than you. . .Quite this nonsense pls. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
Wow! I like where this is going then.

mazaje:

Fine tuning for what?. . .When I look at the universe I see chaos, colliding planets, asteriods, galazxies eating up each others, galaxies expanding into space. . .Distruction etc. . .What are all the vast solar systems out there fine tuned for?. . .
nawa o. Oga mazaje, na so you dey tok so? Chei. The universe is on pin-head order. What do you mean by galaxies eating each other? Chaos? What the heck? Sorry, but if you shift the order of the universe just by an infinitessimal amount, conscious life would not exist. That's right, the universe is fine-tuned for the kind of conscious life we see. There is an impetus you see. There must be conscious intelligence at work. We take this intelligence at the most universal and fundamental level to be God.

mazaje:

Diseases sometimes go into remission on their own with out any drug, it happens to many people irrespective of faith. . .Many chose to ascribe it to god and claim it as an example of healing. . .Divine healing does not work, if it does christians will not be visiting hospitals. . .After all the bible recommends that people go to their church elders to be prayed for when they are sick. . .Many of those that have tired it ended up dead, i know some here in Nigeria that tried it and died, others tried it their conditions got worse and they ran to various hospitals. . .If you can provide a good evidence of divine healing, a clear cut evidence like god healing amputees then I will believe. . .Telling me about testimonies will not fly because it is a fact that people tell lies to promote their religions ALL OF THE TIME. . .I will not accept and bogus testimony. . .If the bible is true, you should be able to heal amputees because Jesus promised those of you that believe in him the ability to perform greater wonders that what was written about him. . .
you see what I'd about you writing off enormous witnesses because of your dogmatic position? So because men are known for telling lies, the truth is not known? What will I gain lying to you, when I vehemently assert that healing, God-healing is real and available to those who believe. I have been healed, and I know people who have been healed. I know of cases of the blind healed, sight restored, genuine cases of men not trying to exploit others, but attracting people to the gospel through supernatural signs.

mazaje:

I have never stated that chance created the universe, my position is no body knows, the religionist and the scientist are all guessing. . .No one ones how the universe came about, what or who is responsible for it, we can just keep putting out our ideas, but the reality is that no one truly knows. . .I don't know and that is my position. . .If you claim you know then provide objective evidence, after all extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence. . .
so which kind of evidence do you seek? Scientific evidence? You do know scientific evidence is not extra-ordinary and can never prove God?

Super-natural evidence? Remain open minded. God might just visit you. If you claim you don't know the answer, then what right have you to reject the ones proffered by others so vehemently? Especially the ones about God.

If God does visit you in a unique way, accept him then. As I have, as others have.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
mazaje:

Which world are you talking about?. . .Which world?. . .Do people in other parts of the world that do not believe in god not forgive each other. . .Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world, how has the belief in Jesus made Nigerians better people?. . .I have told you that despite you endless rants about man's corrupt nature and how we need Jesus, there are many muslims, atheist, hindus, taioist etc that are much better human beings than you. . .Quite this nonsense pls. . .
sorry, as I have said before in another thread, people follow the christian religion without subscribing to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Those who do change others. There is a radical life change involved in christianity. Testimonies in real life bear witness. Go and tell that to the people who quit school after forging their results when they became christians, or the policemen who stopped taking bribes after they got born-again.
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: Wow! I like where this is going then.

nawa o. Oga mazaje, na so you dey tok so? Chei. The universe is on pin-head order. What do you mean by galaxies eating each other? Chaos? What the heck? Sorry, but if you shift the order of the universe just by an infinitessimal amount, conscious life would not exist. That's right, the universe is fine-tuned for the kind of conscious life we see. There is an impetus you see. There must be conscious intelligence at work. We take this intelligence at the most universal and fundamental level to be God.

The universe is not on any pin head order. . .Galaxies are colliding with each other, that was what I meant by eating up each other. . .Consious life as we know it exist only on our planet. . .The universe is not fine tuned for life. . .Life can not even exist outside space. . .Most part of the earth will naturally kill us. . .The planet is mostly surrounded by water(71% of it) much of which is salt water and it is harmful to us. . .other planets can not habour life in our solar system. . .Diseases and natural disasters are a force for us to contend with always trying to kill us. . .Even in the solar system asteriods are out there, a big one ca fall into the earth and end all human life. . .

you see what I'd about you writing off enormous witnesses because of your dogmatic position? So because men are known for telling lies, the truth is not known? What will I gain lying to you, when I vehemently assert that healing, God-healing is real and available to those who believe. I have been healed, and I know people who have been healed. I know of cases of the blind healed, sight restored, genuine cases of men not trying to exploit others, but attracting people to the gospel through supernatural signs.

if it is true then it should be replicated, if it is true you, your self should be able to replicate it. . .I don't want anecdoctal evidence, if you can bring clear evidence I will believe you else, you are own your own. . .

so which kind of evidence do you seek? Scientific evidence? You do know scientific evidence is not extra-ordinary and can never prove God?

Super-natural evidence? Remain open minded. God might just visit you. If you claim you don't know the answer, then what right have you to reject the ones proffered by others so vehemently? Especially the ones about God.

If God does visit you in a unique way, accept him then. As I have, as others have.

I reject them all because they do not have evidence. . .What am i to do with claims that lack any evidence?. . .

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by mazaje(m): 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: sorry, as I have said before in another thread, people follow the christian religion without subscribing to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Those who do change others. There is a radical life change involved in christianity. Testimonies in real life bear witness. Go and tell that to the people who quit school after forging their results when they became christians, or the policemen who stopped taking bribes after they got born-again.

What are you saying?. . .Many people do good without any belief in Jesus. . .There is NO evidence what ever to show that those that believe in Jesus are better human beings than those that do not. . .What are you saying?. . .You just keep repeating falsehoods. . .There are atheist, muslims, buddist and hindu police men that don't take bribes at all. . .I am surrounded by bible believing christians like you here in Nigeria, and so far they are have shown that they are very immoral and corrupt. . .They judge, steal, tell lies, condemn people, they don't like others that are not like them or share their beliefs, they always want others to accept their beliefs or they see them as bad people etc. . .Christians are NOT better than non christians any where. . .

2 Likes

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by scarred9jan(m): 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
Am kind of confused here, is the OP pro god or anti.. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by MeandSum: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
scarred9jan: Am kind of confused here, is the OP pro god or anti.. undecided

same difference - can you answer his question? grin
Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by MeandSum: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You've got no excuse, fella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ91fYMqR10

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

We operate on two different wavelengths. You see this guy and start rejoicing in your God that you're better than him. You think he specifically created him like that to make you understand he's a powerful and ever present God.

I see the guy and I'm even more convince there's no God.

In case you believe he was born this way because of his mother's sin, I have to remind you that a kind God can't/shouldn't be this vindictive. In case you say he created the guy that way so I can come to God- I'll say he wasted his time and failed miserably. he's too petty to be worth anyone's time. And here's my one finger salute to him for eternity and thereafter.

P.S. I don't know anything about the guy in the video but disabilities like these are as a result of Genetic or drugs taken by the mother during pregnancy (Thalidomide comes to mind). Again, it has nothing to do with God.

1 Like

Re: "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" by Joshthefirst(m): 1:44am On Jan 03, 2014
@ plaetton: you don't know what christianity is, and yes, atheists are immoral.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Making Sure You're On The Right Track In Your Christian Race / How Donald Trump Is The Christian Hero We Never Expected / "Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.