Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

"Why Are There So Many Denominations?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" (4289 Views)

..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / So Many Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Bill Hicks said: "There are over 30,000 denominations across continents and countries. There are fundamental elements being disagreed upon. And yet you're all reading the same book and all claiming to be possessed by God himself. It's nonsense."

I don’t think that there are two human beings on the face of this earth that could fully agree about anything. I’m sure you would agree with that. We disagree about politics, about what foods are the best to eat, about two human beings not being able to agree, which is the best sport, whose teams are best, about why certain things happened in history, and a host of other different issues.

This carries over into religion. While there are many denominations that disagree about how much water to baptise with, when or when not to take communion, about church discipline, there are a number of essential doctrines almost all of them agree upon—and that is that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the third day. So I wouldn’t use the fact that human beings disagree on some issues as an excuse for you to stay in your sins. On Judgment Day you will have to give an account of yourself to God, no one else.

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Why are there so many Christian denominations?
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

As for dogmas, we believe, like Peter, in Sacred Tradition, not Scripture alone. Unlike dull people who think that all of Peter's life teachings are contained in those 2 short letters.

oh! I see.
A question for you (just answer honestly).

Are all the teachings of the Apostle Peter contained in your tradition + those those two short epistles?

.....and since you believe in tradition + scripture,
Kindly show me at least two of the Apostle Peter's teachings from tradition....especially ones totally exempted from those letters...
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2013
italo:

You never made it clear you were listing the essential doctrines.

Now that you've made it clear, can you complete the list and tell me where Jesus made such list?

As for dogmas, we believe, like Peter, in Sacred Tradition, not Scripture alone. Unlike dull people who think that all of Peter's life teachings are contained in those 2 short letters.

I'll leave you with the words of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ:

"Jesus said to them, Did you never read the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I to you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder" (Matthew 21:42-44).

And Apostle Peter said:

"Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believes on him shall not be confounded. To you therefore which believe he is precious: but to them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed" (1 Peter 2:6-8 ).

I can only hope that you are not stumbling at the "rock" as the Jews did? or are you on the Greek road?

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 12:50am On Nov 29, 2013
You seem to be solely on a mission against Catholicism, not on a mission for truth.

You are never interested in challenging the absurd things that your fellow Protestants say. That suggests that you're not on a honest search for truth.

You have seen me ask Olaadegbu 5 times to tell me the essential and non-essential doctrines and show me where Jesus makes such a distinction. You have seen him constantly dodge this question...yet you are unconcerned that he's proclaiming something unscriptural.

I have never seen you challenge those who say Jesus is only an Angel.

All you are interested in is to snoop around looking for one 'loose' word a Catholic says so you can latch on to it and criticize. And when you're given an answer, you never say "oh...that's true." You just go looking for the next punctuation mark in a Catholic statement to criticize.

You remind me of the Pharisses' attitude to Jesus.

Take a moment to think what Jesus would think of your attitude.

Anyway, if you want an answer, please tell Olaadegbu to show me where Jesus distinguished between essential and non-essential doctrines...and where he listed them.

adsonstone:

oh! I see.
A question for you (just answer honestly).

Are all the teachings of the Apostle Peter contained in your tradition + those those two short epistles?

.....and since you believe in tradition + scripture,
Kindly show me at least two of the Apostle Peter's teachings from tradition....especially ones totally exempted from those letters...
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 12:53am On Nov 29, 2013
I thought you'd leave me with the words with which Jesus distinguished between essential and non-essential doctrines and listed them.

Clearly Jesus never taught you that. No?

OLAADEGBU:

I'll leave you with the words of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ:

"Jesus said to them, Did you never read the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I to you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder" (Matthew 21:42-44).

And Apostle Peter said:

"Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believes on him shall not be confounded. To you therefore which believe he is precious: but to them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed" (1 Peter 2:6-8 ).

I can only hope that you are not stumbling at the "rock" as the Jews did? or are you on the Greek road?
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58am On Nov 29, 2013
italo:

You seem to be solely on a mission against Catholicism, not on a mission for truth.

You are never interested in challenging the absurd things that your fellow Protestants say. That suggests that you're not on a honest search for truth.

You have seen me ask Olaadegbu 5 times to tell me the essential and non-essential doctrines and show me where Jesus makes such a distinction. You have seen him constantly dodge this question...yet you are unconcerned that he's proclaiming something unscriptural.

All you are interested in is to snoop around looking for one 'loose' word a Catholic says so you can latch on to it and criticize. And when you're given an answer, you never say "oh...that's true." You just go looking for the next punctuation mark in a Catholic statement to criticize.

Anyway, if you want an answer, please tell Olaadegbu to show me where Jesus distinguished between essential and non-essential doctrines...and where he listed them.

"Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation; he that believeth shall not make haste" (Isaiah 28:16).

This prophecy was fulfilled in Christ (Read 1 Peter 2:6) that I quoted earlier.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06am On Nov 29, 2013
italo:

I thought you'd leave me with the words with which Jesus distinguished between essential and non-essential doctrines and listed them.

Clearly Jesus never taught you that. No?

Not until you receive the same revelation Peter received after which he preached the following:

"This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:11).

Not even Peter or Mary!

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 5:05am On Nov 29, 2013
italo: You seem to be solely on a mission against Catholicism, not on a mission for truth.

for me, (as far as the bible records), I know of nowhere Jesus speaks of such...and I hope I'm not mistaken.
If someone thinks I am, he can correct me.

I don't know how you think Jesus would see your attitude perhaps, as that of the pharisees.

You think you can tell imply subtle lies just because someone says what you dont believe in.
You refer them that believe in those two epistles of Peter as his 'all his teachings' as dull people yet you dont see those that believe that 'all Peter's teaching' are in tradition+letters yet unable to provide any, not even one that is found in tradition and the letters are totally silent about....you dont see them as 'the duller ones' that need re-think their opinion before criticising others' opinion.

Well, Remember Jesus' action when the adulterous woman was brought before Him?
He favoured her yet she had sins because the pharisees and scribes tried to 'bring her down' because of her sins.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This article satisfies all your objections including that of the OP.

"In the early 1500s, a German monk named Martin Luther was so conscious of his sins that he spent up to six hours in the confessional. Through study of the Scriptures he found that salvation didn't come through anything he did, but simply through trusting in the finished work of the cross of Jesus Christ. He listed the contradictions between what the Scriptures said and what his church taught, and nailed his "95 Thesis" to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany.

Martin Luther became the first to "protest" against the Roman church, and thus he became the father of the Protestant church. Since that split, there have been many disagreements about how much water one should baptise with, how to sing what and why, who should govern who, etc, causing thousands of splinter groups. Many of these groups are convinced that they alone are right. These have become known as Protestant "denominations." Despite the confusion, these churches subscribe to certain foundational beliefs such as the deity, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Bible says, "The foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his (2 Timothy 2:19)
"

"Thomas Jefferson once wrote of a preacher, Richard Mote, "who "exclaimed aloud to his congregation that he did not believe there was a Quaker, Presbyterian, Methodist or Baptist in heaven, having paused to give his hearers time to stare and to wonder. He added that, in heaven, God knew no distinctions"

"For the Lord knows the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish" (Psalms 1:6).- The Evidence Bible.

Why there are so many denominations.

"The foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his" (2 Timothy 2:19)
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by Enigma(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2013
Guess who said this:

"All in the Church must preserve unity in essentials." wink

- The Roman Catholic Church

In one of its more sane though still defective documents -- also from the more sane but still defective Vatican II. http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decree_19641121_unitatis-redintegratio_en.html

cool
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by Enigma(m): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2013
Another interesting one. smiley

"The Bishop of Rome himself must fervently make his own Christ's prayer for that conversion which is indispensable for "Peter" to be able to serve his brethren. I earnestly invite the faithful of the Catholic Church and all Christians to share in this prayer. May all join me in praying for this conversion!

We know that during her earthly pilgrimage the Church has suffered and will continue to suffer opposition and persecution. But the hope which sustains her is unshakable, just as the joy which flows from this hope is indestructible.In effect, the firm and enduring rock upon which she is founded is Jesus Christ, her Lord
." (John Paul II)

Note:
Although he uses "the Church" in a confusing/confused manner in the document e.g. sometimes as referring to the Roman Catholic Church, in other contexts he seems to imply "the Church" also meaning the entire Christian Church.

Accordingly it is not unreasonable to understand him as saying in the last sentence of the quote:

... the firm and enduring rock upon which the Christian Church is founded is Jesus Christ, her Lord.

And if truly that is what he meant, then I agree with him on that point certainly!

smiley
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by POPEII: 9:45am On Nov 30, 2013
because the world is now full of heretics feeling like God and being high on crack
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by UFOdioh: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
STANDING AGAINST DEGRADATION
Today’s Christianity is filled with religion, doctrine, organization, forms, rituals, and regulations. People are helped to be saved, to become religious, to pursue spirituality, and to desire a closer walk with the Lord. But where is the Body? It seems that so many Christians do not see that in the book of Ephesians the church is emphasized. In his subtlety the enemy, Satan, has used various good things such as fundamental doctrine to damage the church. We must stand against the degradation of today’s Christianity. In doing this, we do not fight against people, but against the Devil, the subtle one.

Because the Lord is sovereign, He cannot be defeated. Even today He is fulfilling His purpose. In the Lord’s recovery we are not for religion, knowledge, organization, rituals, forms, or regulations; we are only for the all-inclusive Christ as the life-giving Spirit in our spirit. As we enjoy the mingled spirit in a corporate way, we have the church life.

SEVEN ASPECTS OF THE CHURCH
The book of Ephesians reveals various aspects of the church. In this booklet we shall consider seven of these aspects: the Body, the new man, the Bride, the family, the kingdom, the dwelling place of God, and the warrior.

THE BODY
According to 1:22 and 23, the church is Christ’s Body, the fullness of the One who fills all in all. It was in this one Body that both the Jews and the Gentiles were reconciled to God through the cross (2:16). We, the believers, were reconciled not only for the Body of Christ, but also in the Body of Christ. We all have been reconciled in the one Body. As we have seen, the gifted persons are for the building up of the Body, and the Body is growing unto the building up of itself in love.

Expressing Christ as Life
As the Body, the church needs life. Without life, our physical body would become a corpse. The same is true of the Body of Christ.

Some argue that the Body is just a symbol, a figure, not a divine reality. It is utterly wrong to say that the Body of Christ is merely a symbol. Our body is a symbol and a figure, but the Body of Christ is a reality, for our body symbolizes Christ’s Body. To say that the Body of Christ is merely a symbol indicates a lack of a proper understanding of the church. Those who hold this view do not see that the church is actually the Body of Christ. Surely Christ is real. How can such a real One be expressed through a symbolic Body? How ridiculous! In order for Christ to be expressed, He must have a real and living Body.

We do not express Christ by endeavoring to correct or improve ourselves. Through such efforts we can express only our own character. If we would express Christ, we need the life of Christ. We need Christ as the living Spirit to live Himself out from within us. This is not outward correction or improvement; it is the experience of Christ as our inner life. Christ is the life-giving Spirit living within us and lived out from within us. This makes us His Body for His expression. What we express as the Body of Christ is not our character, but Christ Himself as life.

THE NEW MAN
In 2:15 we see that Christ created the Jews and the Gentiles in Himself into one new man. This new man is corporate and universal. There are many believers, but there is only one new man in the universe. All the believers are components of this corporate and universal new man. According to 4:13, we are to grow up until we arrive at a full-grown man, and in 4:24 we see that, in a practical way, we need to put on the new man.

Taking Christ as Our Person
As the new man, the church needs not only life, but also Christ as the person. A tree has only life, not a person. But a man must have a person as well as life. The church not only possesses Christ as life, but also holds Christ as the person. Hence, today the Lord Jesus is not only the life of the church, but also the person of the church. In order to have the church life, we all must take Christ as our person. But if we each hold to our own person, we shall be through with the church life.

Colossians 3:10 and 11 reveal that in the new man “there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, freeman, but Christ is all and in all.” This indicates that in the new man there is just one person—Christ. There is no room for Chinese, Japanese, American, British, German, or any other nationality. This should not be a mere doctrine, but should be our practical experience in the spirit. As a part of the new man, we all have Christ as our person. We need to pray, “Lord, make this real to us. We cannot be satisfied with knowledge or with the doctrine that the church is the new man with Christ as the person. We want to experience this in our daily life. O Lord, help us to take You as our person.” If we do this, the church will be truly one, and the enemy will be subdued. Whoever comes into the meetings of the church will see a number of people who take Christ as their person. How marvelous!

(Seven Aspects of the Church, Chapter 1, by Witness Lee)
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
adsonstone:
for me, (as far as the bible records), I know of nowhere Jesus speaks of such...and I hope I'm not mistaken.
If someone thinks I am, he can correct me.

I don't know how you think Jesus would see your attitude perhaps, as that of the pharisees.

You think you can tell imply subtle lies just because someone says what you dont believe in.
You refer them that believe in those two epistles of Peter as his 'all his teachings' as dull people yet you dont see those that believe that 'all Peter's teaching' are in tradition+letters yet unable to provide any, not even one that is found in tradition and the letters are totally silent about....you dont see them as 'the duller ones' that need re-think their opinion before criticising others' opinion.

Well, Remember Jesus' action when the adulterous woman was brought before Him?
He favoured her yet she had sins because the pharisees and scribes tried to 'bring her down' because of her sins.

Ehn...challenge person wey talk say essential and non-essential doctrines dey na...

If it were a Catholic that spoke such heresy, you wouldn't let him rest.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2013
italo:

Ehn...challenge person wey talk say essential and non-essential doctrines dey na...

If it were a Catholic that spoke such heresy, you wouldn't let him rest.

the catholic church says
"All in the church must preserve UNITY IN ESSENTIALS"

Oladeegbu said...
'some essential doctrines' you implied essential and non-essential doctrines frm his statement.....and you've been heckling him to provide proof of where Jesus taught that.

Now, I ask you: (and I also imply)
since the Rcc says 'unity in essentials' there must also be non-essentials which needs not be 'united' in.
....and I ask:

what exactly are these essentials the rcc is talking abt?

.....and I want you to show me where Jesus taught such 'heresy' (as put in bold)

Lest I forget, you have not provided even one of Peter's 'life teachings' not in those letters...(rememember I requested a minimum of two)

you were the one who said the people that believe his life teachings are in those two short letters are dull....perhaps, you'd make them wise by honoring my request.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 1:07am On Dec 01, 2013
Challenge the one who said there are essential and non-essential doctrines but cant show where the Bible says so. Why are you challenging me alone? Are you afraid of the OP?

Dont be an enemy of the Catholic Church but a friend of truth.

I have more than enough answers for you but if you show such insincerity of purpose and partiality, no answers will be enough for you.

adsonstone:

the catholic church says
"All in the church must preserve UNITY IN ESSENTIALS"

Oladeegbu said...
'some essential doctrines' you implied essential and non-essential doctrines frm his statement.....and you've been heckling him to provide proof of where Jesus taught that.

Now, I ask you: (and I also imply)
since the Rcc says 'unity in essentials' there must also be non-essentials which needs not be 'united' in.
....and I ask:

what exactly are these essentials the rcc is talking abt?

.....and I want you to show me where Jesus taught such 'heresy' (as put in bold)

Lest I forget, you have not provided even one of Peter's 'life teachings' not in those letters...(rememember I requested a minimum of two)

you were the one who said the people that believe his life teachings are in those two short letters are dull....perhaps, you'd make them wise by honoring my request.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 1:31am On Dec 01, 2013
italo: Challenge the one who said there are essential and non-essential doctrines but cant show where the Bible says so. Why are you challenging me alone? Are you afraid of the OP?

Dont be an enemy of the Catholic Church but a friend of truth.

I have more than enough answers for you but if you show such insincerity of purpose and partiality, no answers will be enough for you.

have I lied/become an 'enemy of truth' to have said the obvious?

(I did not say you called me that ooo....before you turn the whole thing in another direction)

Regarding the bold, I'd say 'calm down' and lets do this amicably.

First, someone said something.....exactly the same thing the Rcc has once said.
You, being a member of the Rcc, did not consider your part of the same thing yet, you are bent on hearing proofs from the other person without bringing yours when asked....thats partial and a sincere man wont/should not do that.

Next, you referred to those who believe Peter's life teachings are in those letters as dull, yet, you cannot bring out just two teachings that is not in the letters.

Show that you are honest and saying the truth.

Provide two of Peter's teachings outside those letters and make the 'dull' ones wise.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 3:56am On Dec 01, 2013
@ adsonstone, here's the OP saying there are essential doctrines...implying there are non-essential doctrines. And he hasnt proved it from the Bible.

Are you afraid of challenging him?

Which is logical to talk about first on this thread...the Original Post or 'Anything Catholic?'

OLAADEGBU: Bill Hicks said: "There are over 30,000 denominations across continents and countries. There are fundamental elements being disagreed upon. And yet you're all reading the same book and all claiming to be possessed by God himself. It's nonsense."

I don’t think that there are two human beings on the face of this earth that could fully agree about anything. I’m sure you would agree with that. We disagree about politics, about what foods are the best to eat, about two human beings not being able to agree, which is the best sport, whose teams are best, about why certain things happened in history, and a host of other different issues.

This carries over into religion. While there are many denominations that disagree about how much water to baptise with, when or when not to take communion, about church discipline, there are a number of essential doctrines almost all of them agree upon—and that is that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the third day. So I wouldn’t use the fact that human beings disagree on some issues as an excuse for you to stay in your sins. On Judgment Day you will have to give an account of yourself to God, no one else.

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_3e4zIPK-8

Jesus is our firm foundation and the earlier you put your trust in Him the better.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2013
italo: @ adsonstone, here's the OP saying there are essential doctrines...implying there are non-essential doctrines. And he hasnt proved it from the Bible.

Are you afraid of challenging him?

Which is logical to talk about first on this thread...the Original Post or 'Anything Catholic?'

You implied it on behalf of Him.

He said 'essential doctrines' almost all Christians agree on, not essential and non-essential doctrines as you implied.

Here is what He said:
OLAADEGBU:
there are a number of essential
doctrines almost all of them agree upon—
and that is that Christ died for our sins and
rose again on the third day.

....and He was able to list some he thinks are essential....Perhaps, after reading 1Cor 15.

That chapter shows how important the death, burial and resurrection is.

But here is the Roman Catholic Church, saying the same thing yet, unable to list the essentials....and you, being a representative you are diverting and insisting I question the op.

Prove your honesty,
State the 'essentials' according to the RCC.
and Show that you are saying the truth by
Providing at least, two of Peter's teachings outside those
letters and make the 'dull' ones wise.

2 Likes

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
adsonstone:

He said 'essential doctrines' almost all Christians agree on, not essential and non-essential doctrines as you implied.

Here is what He said:

....and He was able to list some he thinks are essential....Perhaps, after reading 1Cor 15.

God bless you for pointing out what he chooses to ignore.

adsonstone:

But here is the Roman Catholic Church, saying the same thing yet, unable to list the essentials....and you, being a representative you are diverting and insisting I question the op.

Prove your honesty,

I hope italo comes back to enlighten us. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 4:14am On Dec 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you for pointing out what he chooses to ignore.

Amen, God bless us all.

OLAADEGBU:
I hope italo comes back to enlighten us. undecided

I'm also patiently waiting....I hope he enlightens us soon and not shy away from the lecture we're expecting.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by POPEII: 4:45am On Dec 04, 2013
Which God will bless u ? The God of heretics? I know the,God of christians rejected you ,so I rule him out
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2013
You and him still haven't shown me where the Bible says there are essential and non-essential doctrines...and lists them. If the Bible doesn't say such, say so. It won't kill you.

adsonstone:

Here is what He said:

Prove your honesty,
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by Enigma(m): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2013
According to one "pope" Francis: smiley

"The dogmatic and moral teachings of the church are not all equivalent. The Church’s pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently. Proclamation in a missionary style focuses on the essentials, on the necessary things: this is also what fascinates and attracts more, what makes the heart burn, as it did for the disciples at Emmaus. "

cool
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
italo: You and him still haven't shown me where the Bible says there are essential and non-essential doctrines...and lists them. If the Bible doesn't say such, say so. It won't kill you.

stop being a coward, be a 'man' for once and stop trying to 'hide' under a flimsy excuse.

The op says essential doctrines almost all denominations agree on....and He lists them.

You requested a proof from the bible....and you were given a passage that emphasises the importance of what He listed.

You on the other hand, you're 'trying to hide' using flimsy excuses to avoid defending what you declared and what the Rcc declared....

The Rcc says 'essentials'.....

As a rep of the Rcc, tell us those essentials.

And you, declaring those that believe Peter's life teachings are in those letters 'dull ones'.....yet unable to show your truthfulness and honesty by stating at least two of Peter's teachings outside those letters....even until now.

If you don't provide Peter's teachings outside those letters, don't be offended if you're seen as a 'duller' one.
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
adsonstone:

stop being a coward, be a 'man' for once and stop trying to 'hide' under a flimsy excuse.

The op says essential doctrines almost all denominations agree on....and He lists them.

You requested a proof from the bible....and you were given a passage that emphasises the importance of what He listed.

You on the other hand, you're 'trying to hide' using flimsy excuses to avoid defending what you declared and what the Rcc declared....

And you, declaring those that believe Peter's life teachings are in those letters 'dull ones'.....yet unable to show your truthfulness and honesty by stating at least two of Peter's teachings outside those letters....even until now.

If you don't provide Peter's teachings outside those letters, don't be offended if you're seen as a 'duller' one.

Let's give italo the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's still searching for the answers. cool

1 Like

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ask the OP to show biblical proof of his statement!

adsonstone:

Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
italo:

Ask the OP to show biblical proof of his statement!

You let me down again. cry
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
italo: Ask the OP to show biblical proof of his statement!

If I may ask; why are you directing me to the op?
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by italo: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
adsonstone:

If I may ask; why are you directing me to the op?

Yes. Is that a crime?
Re: "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" by adsonstone: 12:41am On Dec 06, 2013
italo:

Yes. Is that a crime?

No it is not.

Is it also a crime to question you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Selling 'annointing' Water At USD $360 A Bottle (FRAUD ALERT) / Rising Atheism By Deji Yesufu / Muhammad's Opinions:were They Divine Revelations From Allah?�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.