Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Welcome To Umuahia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Umuahia (8397 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Orji Uzor Kalu road, BCA road, new access to azikiwe road

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
approach from the other side of Azikiwe road, Aguiyi Ironsi Estate by the right, what their uncovered drains look like and the

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
Some street, central canal, Bende Road ( The other Road was actually Ikot Ekpene Road) and new estate at old timber

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
Market demolition continues, pedestrian bridge demolished. warri street side of demolition

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls get pix of the newly constructed ultra-modern market
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
To be continued next time I have free time on my hands. Resizing has reduced the picture quality. They look a lot sharper on my laptop
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by PHIPEX(m): 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
Better than what NL made me believe.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
PHIPEX: Better than what NL made me believe.
yeah, though the governor is a goat, bt abia(umuahia) isn't dat bad.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 11:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
PHIPEX: Better than what NL made me believe.

Better than even what you are seeing here. The quality of the pictures has been reduced. Umuahia is a clean city with 90% well paved roads but not of international standard. Most of the drainages are open.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by kel4soft: 11:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
Yes Umuahia is a clean town not City. The capital is too small. Obio/Akpor in Rivers State is more expansive in size than Umuahia. Now, to the pictures the OP is displaying here. It is just a straight road. I have been visiting the city for a while. My mate from Umuahia told me that, their Governor is yet to dualized one road or even build one. Is just like saying Amaechi constructed Aba Road in Port Harcourt because he fixed the street lights, that is the case of the road you are seeing the OP posted.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Afam4eva(m): 11:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
kel4soft: Yes Umuahia is a clean town not City. The capital is too small. Obio/Akpor in Rivers State is more expansive in size than Umuahia. Now, to the pictures the OP is displaying here. It is just a straight road. I have been visiting the city for a while. My mate from Umuahia told me that, their Governor is yet to dualized one road or even build one. Is just like saying Amaechi constructed Aba Road in Port Harcourt because he fixed the street lights, that is the case of the road you are seeing the OP posted.
I remember you created a thread on Umuahia sometime back.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
asha 80: undecided wink undecideddualized road in the third pic?where is that?

That's Ahiara major road.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
kel4soft: Yes Umuahia is a clean town not City. The capital is too small. Obio/Akpor in Rivers State is more expansive in size than Umuahia. Now, to the pictures the OP is displaying here. It is just a straight road. I have been visiting the city for a while. My mate from Umuahia told me that, their Governor is yet to dualized one road or even build one. Is just like saying Amaechi constructed Aba Road in Port Harcourt because he fixed the street lights, that is the case of the road you are seeing the OP posted.
my friend dat isn't a straight road. Though umuahia isn't dat big, bt d timber market and d new ultra-modern market willl make it cover up in a short while, cos of its distance away frm eachoda
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 12:01am On Nov 26, 2013

You are a liar. I was in Umuahia recently when. I did my Southeast tour and I listed 5 dualized roads

1-Aba Road

2-BCA Road

3-Library Avenue

4-Bende Road

5-Mission Hill

These 5 are the ones I know their names but I saw like 3 more dualized roads. I however still maintain that only about 3 areas look decent but yet with open drainage.

NB. Obio/Akpor is bigger than Port-Harcourt as well.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 26, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: I am beginning to have a soft spot for this Orji dude. He is probably not as bad as u guys make him out to be. I was expecting Umuahia to look like Aba.
The only grouse I have with him is the neglect of Aba. Aba is the life-blood of the state. He should have concentrated his development efforts in Aba as much as Umuahia. Most people I know have no business with Umuahia. Aba is probably more popular.

See the roads in the pictures were constructed by the former governor Uzor Kalu. The road from PH - Enugu express were constructed by Uzor kalu and not T.A . Orji. That tower in the pix was also constructed by Uzo Kalu.

Please FACE stop peddling lies, Show us what T.A. Orji has done. I know Umuahia very well.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2013
Abagworo:

You are a liar. I was in Umuahia recently when. I did my Southeast tour and I listed 5 dualized roads

1-Aba Road

2-BCA Road

3-Library Avenue

4-Bende Road

5-Mission Hill

These 5 are the ones I know their names but I saw like 3 more dualized roads. I however still maintain that only about 3 areas look decent but yet with open drainage.

dnt mind him, even if we kw d governor isn't working, bt I cn remember vividly dat he constructed more than three dualized roads @ogurube layout whr he is currently building d new government house, I guess he also constructed d ndume bypass road leading 2 umudike road, the governor is a goat YES bt dnt say he dint construct any road, dats a big lie. Dnt judge frm afar.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 26, 2013
Abagworo:

1-Aba Road

2-BCA Road

3-Library Avenue

4-Bende Road

5-Mission Hill

Library avenue was dualized by Uzor kalu: close to the government house built by Uzor Kalu. BCA road that leads to Aguinyi Ironsi layout was also dualized by Uzor kalu. Before you get to Mata Dei (not sure of spelling) junction from BCA, that by Azikiwe, you will see to your right a big estate owned by T. A. Orji.

The road I think he constructed (if I am right) should be the Bende road. That is from second tower to Bende passing the police station by your left. As you know, that road is a mess ( not smooth). Look at how the place the channelizing island (that is the concrete dividing the road).
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: dnt mind him, even if we kw d governor isn't working, bt I cn remember vividly dat he constructed more than three dualized roads @ogurube layout whr he is currently building d new government house, I guess he also constructed d ndume bypass road leading 2 umudike road, the governor is a goat YES bt dnt say he dint construct any road, dats a big lie. Dnt judge frm afar.

So you call the Ndume by pass an achievement. Please aside that Ndume by pass and the secretariate, what else has he done? Let us be truthful.

Do not forget the infracstructure levey paid by every house, flat and shop in Umuahia and may be other towns like Aba.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

Library avenue was dualized by Uzor kalu: close to the government house built by Uzor Kalu. BCA road that leads to Aguinyi Ironsi layout was also dualized by Uzor kalu. Before you get to Mata Dei (not sure of spelling) junction from BCA, that by Azikiwe, you will see to your right a big estate owned by T. A. Orji.

The road I think he constructed (if I am right) should be the Bende road. That is from second tower to Bende passing the police station by your left. As you know, that road is a mess ( not smooth). Look at how the place the channelizing island (that is the concrete dividing the road).
ok wait, who construct d road leading 2 d commissioners quarters, the road leading CBN, ndume bypass, all these are dualized roads oooo, dnt get me wrong oooo, am nt saying T A orji is trying oooo, bt we shouldn't tell lies here jst 2 make point, talk oda thngs like he constructs substandard roads and dnt say he hasn't done any, cos dat is a big lie.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

So you call the Ndume by pass an achievement. Please aside that Ndume by pass and the secretariate, what else has he done? Let us be truthful.

Do not forget the infracstructure levey paid by every house, flat and shop in Umuahia and may be other towns like Aba.
dnt get me wrong, I hv never supported him, I kw his a fool, bt dnt say he dint construct any road. Dat 1 na lie, I kw he constructed all the roads in new umuahia(ogurube layout) atleast, even if they are substandard.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 26, 2013
Abagworo:

Better than even what you are seeing here. The quality of the pictures has been reduced. Umuahia is a clean city with 90% well paved roads but not of international standard. Most of the drainages are open.

90% of the roads/streets you see at Umuahia were constructed by the 'weeping governor'late Sam Mbakwe except the federal roads. Name them: Macauly, Azikiwe, School Road, Ohafia street, Umu-wire road, over rail roads, Finbars, Adelabu street, etc.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: ok wait, who construct d road leading 2 d commissioners quarters, the road leading CBN, ndume bypass, all these are dualized roads oooo, dnt get me wrong oooo, am nt saying T A orji is trying oooo, bt we shouldn't tell lies here jst 2 make point, talk oda thngs like he constructs substandard roads and dnt say he hasn't done any, cos dat is a big lie.

I know the roads that you are talking about. But what is the total km of these roads. Sure they are not up to 10 km: remember that 1000m make 1 km.

Now look at where he took the market to. Is it fair to the residents. Why did he not do like governor Amechi did at mile I market? At least it would have been better.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: dnt get me wrong, I hv never supported him, I kw his a fool, bt dnt say he dint construct any road. Dat 1 na lie, I kw he constructed all the roads in new umuahia(ogurube layout) atleast, even if they are substandard.

No, I am not saying that he never constructed any single road in Abia but I doubt if he constructed a total of 50km of roads in the whole of Abia state.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

I know the roads that you are talking about. But what is the total km of these roads. Sure they are not up to 10 km: remember that 1000m make 1 km.

Now look at where he took the market to. Is it fair to the residents. Why did he not do like governor Amechi did at mile I market? At least it would have been better.
na wa ooo, hw cn u say dat road isn't up 2 10km, u dey para ooo, I graduated frm michael okpara uniV of agric Umudike, I cn remember dat I hv passed dat road 2 ahiake b4 without passing ikotepene road and thr is still anoda1 road frm there dat leads 2 ehimiri estate dat he constructed, if u want 2 cast him, give us good reasons, though he's a very bad governor I kw, his projects are jst 2 childish, I dnt thnk he kws wot it takes 2 rule a state like abia, bt sure I kw he does some fringe projects.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 26, 2013
PLEASE NAIRALAND THIS TOPIC IS DECEPTIVE. THE POSTER IS JUST POSTING THE PICTURES OF UMUAHIA AND NOT THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF GOVERNOR T. A. ORJI. 99% OF THE ROADS IN THE PICTURES WERE CONSTRUCTED BY THE PAST ADIMINISTRATIONS EXPECIALLY THOSE OF LATE SAM MBAKWE AND UZOR KALU. THE ONLY FLY OVER IN THE WHOLE OF UMUAHIA IS A PEDESTRIAN FLY OVER CONSTRUCTED COLONEL IKE NWOSU OF THE MILITARY ERA
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 12:38am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

No, I am not saying that he never constructed any single road in Abia but I doubt if he constructed a total of 50km of roads in the whole of Abia state.

You may be right.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 12:41am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical: PLEASE NAIRALAND THIS TOPIC IS DECEPTIVE. THE POSTER IS JUST POSTING THE PICTURES OF UMUAHIA AND NOT THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF GOVERNOR T. A. ORJI. 99% OF THE ROADS IN THE PICTURES WERE CONSTRUCTED BY THE PAST ADIMINISTRATIONS EXPECIALLY THOSE OF LATE SAM MBAKWE AND UZOR KALU. THE ONLY FLY OVER IN THE WHOLE OF UMUAHIA IS A PEDESTRIAN FLY OVER CONSTRUCTED COLONEL IKE NWOSU OF THE MILITARY ERA

You misunderstood the post itself. The title is "Welcome To Umuahia" and has little to do with Theodore Orji in particular.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: na wa ooo, hw cn u say dat road isn't up 2 10km, u dey para ooo, I graduated frm michael okpara uniV of agric Umudike, I cn remember dat I hv passed dat road 2 ahiake b4 without passing ikotepene road and thr is still anoda1 road frm there dat leads 2 ehimiri estate dat he constructed, if u want 2 cast him, give us good reasons, though he's a very bad governor I kw, his projects are jst 2 childish, I dnt thnk he kws wot it takes 2 rule a state like abia, bt sure I kw he does some fringe projects.

See there are two rby passes. Do not mix up the two. One was constructed by Uzor kalu that will lead you to a junction close to Ehimiri housing Estate. The other one that gets to Ndume from the secretariate was done by T. A. Orji. Please ask questions before posting. Do you know what 10km is? Do you know that from IkotEkpene junction at Umuahia town to MOUOAU is not up to 15km?
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical: PLEASE NAIRALAND THIS TOPIC IS DECEPTIVE. THE POSTER IS JUST POSTING THE PICTURES OF UMUAHIA AND NOT THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF GOVERNOR T. A. ORJI. 99% OF THE ROADS IN THE PICTURES WERE CONSTRUCTED BY THE PAST ADIMINISTRATIONS EXPECIALLY THOSE OF LATE SAM MBAKWE AND UZOR KALU. THE ONLY FLY OVER IN THE WHOLE OF UMUAHIA IS A PEDESTRIAN FLY OVER CONSTRUCTED COLONEL IKE NWOSU OF THE MILITARY ERA
seriously, I share ur plights, T.A orji has really disappointed us, all we need is prayer in the upcoming election, but dnt get D op wrong, he never mentioned T A orji, jst "welcome to umuahia".
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 26, 2013
Abagworo:

You misunderstood the post itself. The title is "Welcome To Umuahia" and has little to do with Theodore Orji in particular.

I understand you. It is just that those that do not know about Abia state might start thinking that T. A. Orji did all those works as you can read from some posts above.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

See there are two rby passes. Do not mix up the two. One was constructed by Uzor kalu that will lead you to a junction close to Ehimiri housing Estate. The other one that gets to Ndume from the secretariate was done by T. A. Orji. Please ask questions before posting. Do you know what 10km is? How do you know that from IkotEkpene junction at Umuahia town to MOUOA is not up to 15km?
Jesus u hv enbarassed me, do u kw dats an insult, like I dnt kw hw long a kilometre is? Broda I kw wat am saying so dnt insult me.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

See there are two rby passes. Do not mix up the two. One was constructed by Uzor kalu that will lead you to a junction close to Ehimiri housing Estate. The other one that gets to Ndume from the secretariate was done by T. A. Orji. Please ask questions before posting. Do you know what 10km is? How do you know that from IkotEkpene junction at Umuahia town to MOUOA is not up to 15km?
Jesus u hv enbarassed me, do u kw dats an insult, like I dnt kw hw long a kilometre is? Broda I kw wat am saying so dnt insult me. T A constructed d bypass frm ogurube layout 2 ahiake junction accross ikotepene junction, curling back 2 orpet junction, I kw wot 10km is. OK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asset Declaration: Supreme Court Decides Saraki’s Fate Today / Losing Is Part Of The Game - By Femi Adesina / Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.