Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert (8392 Views)

The Nigerian Operating IPOB’s Paris Account Unmasked By Security Agencies / Security Agencies Infiltrate Militants / Buhari's Working Visit To Lagos: Places He Will Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by nurabela: 6:17am On Jul 19, 2016
THE Lagos State Government, yesterday directed security agencies in the state to arrest the upsurge in cases of kidnapping and armed robberies in parts of the state.

The Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello, in a statement, while assuring residents of adequate security, said government was alive to its responsibilities as the administration of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode would not shy away from its function of protecting the lives and properties of residents in every part of the state.

According to Bello, Lagos was collaborating with security agencies to put in place upgraded security measures that would guarantee safety of lives and properties, saying: “We would like to inform Lagosians that we are saddened by the recent cases of kidnappings that appear not to be unrelenting. But we wish to assure that the government will not fold its arms and allow a few evil doers to prosper at the expense of innocent citizens. We are working together with both Federal Government and Ogun State Government in particular in the volatile areas that have been identified. We will spare no effort at bringing every criminal gang to book. The response of the State Government will be swift, total and reassuring to the public in sending a clear signal to all and sundry that Lagos State will not tolerate any form of criminality.”

While sympathizing with the families of victims in Iba and Ikorodu, the Secretary to the State Government urged residents to go about their normal businesses without any fear or panic as government had placed security personnel on red alert throughout the state to checkmate this menace.

He urged residents to be vigilant and security conscious as intelligence reports had shown that most of the heinous crimes were perpetrated by elements who had infiltrated the state and carrying out crimes in conjunction with friends, family members or close associates of the victims.

Bello stressed the commitment and capacity of the Ambode-led administration to deal with any act of criminality in any part of the state, urging residents to take advantage of the state’s toll free lines: 112 and 767 to report any case of crime or unusual/suspicious movement or strange faces in their neighbourhood to security agencies.

In reference to the recent security equipment and vehicles donated by the administration to security agencies, Bello said the state government in alliance with the Police and other security agencies in the state would continue to do everything possible to halt the trend of kidnapping in the state and bring perpetrators to justice.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/insecurity-lagos-places-security-agencies-red-alert/
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by eddyroyal(m): 6:24am On Jul 19, 2016
Issorite
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by DaBullIT(m): 6:57am On Jul 19, 2016
Meanwhile Bros FayoThsieve is commissioning Hunters and dane guns

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by mamaafrik(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2016
The navies suld securedly police the water ways
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by justicejay(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by acunon: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2016
This is just too bad oh,just heard that they have started kidnapping in my own local area not worth millions. If they should kidnap for ramsome, who will pay as the state government will not spend a dime on that.
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by ReabridCharles(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2016
Anyday you find yourself in a car driven by a blind driver, Plz don't scream or call on God.
Just do one of dis two tinz

1. Throw the blind man out
2. Get the hell out of the car

Because weda you like pray, one tin is certain, death is inevitable. You will die and may still end up in Hell.

Am speaking to those who understand de analogy.

The level of crime will keep increasing geometrically.

Please, any day I die, my nairaland folks should bury me with a Nigerian flag.

I want God to know I've been to Hell before

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Fedayeen02: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2016
They should also arrest any Remi Tinubu protester

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by franks123(m): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2016
Good securing idea. [url=franksportalonet..com]see the full story here[/url]
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Mimisboygreat: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2016
Toluwani111:
Ja
I DN CATCH U PLENTY TODAY O grin
franks123:
Good securing idea. [url=franksportalonet..com]see the full story here[/url]
ReabridCharles:
J
BUSTED! grin

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by bidaho: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2016
Na only God go protect person for this Nigeria.
For Land- boko harm, NDA, thieves, police, kidnappers dey disturb.
For air - plane crash, terrorists dey hijack plane
You enter sea, mammy water, NDA, pirate and others dey do their own
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by rusher14: 8:27am On Jul 19, 2016
ReabridCharles:
Anyday you find yourself in a car driven by a blind driver, Plz don't scream or call on God.

Because weda you like pray, one tin is certain, death is inevitable. You will die and may still end up in Hell.

He is a God of 2ND chance.

You can try again in Hell 2.0

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Toluwani111: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
I DN CATCH U PLENTY TODAY O grin BUSTED! grin
kudos to you NAIRALAND EFCC CHAIRMAN
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by adedayo3193(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2016
bidaho:
Na only God go protect person for this Nigeria.
For Land- boko harm, NDA, thieves, police, kidnappers dey disturb.
For air - plane crash, terrorists dey hijack plane
You enter sea, mammy water, NDA, pirate and others dey do their own

lwkmd Mammy water
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Vilshow(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2016
A good move by LASG.
Kidnapping and Irrational killings as rampage all over Ikorodu, we now live in FEAR. Pray to GOD to have mercy on us

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by easyfem(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2016
I blame akpabio on diz ... He said it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by ReabridCharles(m): 8:33am On Jul 19, 2016
rusher14:

He is a God of 2ND chance.

You can try again in Hell 2.0

I serve a merciful God
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Mimisboygreat: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2016
Toluwani111:
kudos to you NAIRALAND EFCC CHAIRMAN
LOL ABI O. HOPING TO CATCH U AGAIN
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 19, 2016
We are only deceiving ourselves without state policing apparatus. Why should kidnap and armed robbery be treated by the NPF?

Bills supporting state policing and other well meaning bills are what I expect Senators Remi Tinubu and Dino Melaye be sponsoring and not shamefully exchanging banters and tantrums.
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by 400billionman: 8:37am On Jul 19, 2016
Oba Lagoon is working...
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2016
good development
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by 400billionman: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2016
Fedayeen02:
They should also arrest any Remi Tinubu protester

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by bigass123(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2016
Ambode is working grin
I hope Fayoshit can learn from Lagos how to govern a state rather than cutting kponmo like a cursed soul.
Wailers over to ya grin
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by LOC1(m): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2016
What a relief.
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by TheFreeOne: 9:39am On Jul 19, 2016
ReabridCharles:

The driver is partially deaf too.
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2016
the navies ought to man the water ways, what are the fvcktards doing in their barracks?
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by seunny4lif(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2016
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by Akinaukwa: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Wahala dey oh! When street hawking and buying was being banned without commensurate plans to accommodate those affected the government ought to have envisaged something like this. As long as many are thrown off business and from workplace we should expect increase in crime.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by nigmarelli(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
Akinaukwa:
Wahala dey oh! When street hawking and buying was being banned without commensurate plans to accommodate those affected the government ought to have envisaged something like this. As long as many are thrown off business and from workplace we should expect increase in crime.
Na only you don make sense since.
Re: Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert by nigmarelli(m): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2016
Wahala dey oh! When street hawking and buying was being banned without commensurate plans to accommodate those affected the government ought to have envisaged something like this. As long as many are thrown off business and from workplace we should expect increase in crime.[/quote]

Na only you don make sense since.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tenure Elongation: Fowler To Appear In Court Over Suit Asking Him To Be Sacked / 2023 Presidency: Accept Winner As Allah's Choice - Sultan Of Sokoto / Well Done! Kuku Receives US Honour For Amnesty Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.