Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers (14329 Views)

My Blog Design Vs Ogbonge Blog / Ogbonge Blog Has Been Hacked ? / My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by adewasco2k(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
mr.official:

WP doesn't host site. It's a blog platform which can be installed to your hosting. Most web hosting companies use cPanel and usually has WP setup.

wordpress does sir.

yoursite.

1 Like

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by yolanda233(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
I need to be educated, Jide has been using ogbonge for a while so pls who is the complainant now?
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Is it possible to export all your blog info to wordpress?
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by cbrass(m): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Its high time you guys realized that you are Nigerians, so its gona be difficult for them to trust you when a slight alteration occurs. Even non Nigerians are not left out how much More a FULL BLOODED NIGERIA. Why can't you guys hire a developer to give you a nice blog hosted on an independetnt domain then you do your work by driving traffic to it. Its a pity you guys are just too lazy and always looking for short cuts. Don't be suprised if lindakeji gets ditched tomorow. Even if you own an independt website and you continue to mess with your META TAGS google may list you on the spam website categories cause the crawler that visits your site offten will definitely get confused

1 Like

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by ichommy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
mr.official:
is mostly for people that do not earn any income from blogging.

So linda is not making money with her blog?

2 Likes

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by Youpele52: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by adewasco2k(m): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
cbrass: Its high time you guys realized that you are Nigerians, so its gona be difficult for them to trust you when a slight alteration occurs. Even non Nigerians are not left out how much More a FULL BLOODED NIGERIA. Why can't you guys hire a developer to give you a nice blog hosted on an independetnt domain then you do your work by driving traffic to it. Its a pity you guys are just too lazy and always looking for short cuts. Don't be suprised if lindakeji gets ditched tomorow. Even if you own an independt website and you continue to mess with your META TAGS google may list you on the spam website categories cause the crawler that visits your site offten will definitely get confused

please go back to your shell, nonsense post, gat no brain at all, so because i am a Nigerian i can not design my blog myself? im just so pissed right now, seriously you deserve a baseball bat in the face
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by cbrass(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
adewasco2k:

please go back to your shell, nonsense post, gat no brain at all, so because i am a Nigerian i can not design my blog myself? im just so pissed right now, seriously you deserve to baseball bat in the face

Now you see, you are one of those Nigerian( very slow to learning)
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by luvola(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
Get adsense approve for your blog within one week.. This is for real!!! 07089328564... I am not lying and i have been on nairaland since 2009 so i cant scam you..
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by adewasco2k(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
cbrass:

Now you see, you are one of those Nigerian( very slow to learning)

You are an id.iot with no brain at all, i can design your stupid blog with my eyes closed, who did that crab for you? oooh you hired an expert! my advice, next time you stumble on a thread like this just hide and watch from afar, you got nothing to contribute go to the cultural section.

fagg0t
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by iamdsam: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
EdesonNews: Blogger still remains the best. let us not write it off because of what happened to obgonge blog. Wordpress has its own downsides as well
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by Bayils(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
I think jide must have by Now learnt his lesson...well one glarring difference i can still spot out between and wordpress hosted site is the Rate at which each sites loads' i came to realise is more faster in terms of loading than worldpress (has anyone noticed that..??)...but i much prefer world press to !
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by cbrass(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
adewasco2k:

You are an id.iot with no brain at all, i can design your stupid blog with my eyes closed, who did that crab for you? oooh you hired an expert! my advice, next time you stumble on a thread like this just hide and watch from afar, you got nothing to contribute go to the cultural section.

fagg0t

Design my Blog?? Did I tell u I own one?? And by the way while all this insult?
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
Jide is a very active nairalander.He'll be here soon
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by adewasco2k(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
cbrass:

Design my Blog?? Did I tell u I own one?? And by the way while all this insult?

hahahahaha, why remove it from your signature? it was there before this your particular post, so you are not proud of your blog?

sorry for the insults then if it means anything to you.

cheers
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by luvola(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
adewasco2k:

fagg0t
do not mind the dunt .. Bro holla at me on olaklives05@yahoo.com .. I need someone to design my blog because i just activated my blog with an adsense .. Send your whatapps to the aforedmentioned email bro.
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by ikelvin(m): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
ichommy:

So linda is not making money with her blog?
Don't mind d guy make him dey talk Wetin him no know.

1 Like

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by cbrass(m): 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
adewasco2k:

hahahahaha, why remove it from your signature? it was there before this your particular post, so you are not proud of your blog?

sorry for the insults then if it means anything to you.

cheers

Didn't remove anything from my signature, besides I don't have a personal blog, just thinking of designing one .and if you call those insults a joke,then that's too expensive
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by ichommy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
ikelvin:
Don't mind d guy make him dey talk Wetin him no know.

I wonder o, Viewing this topic: JideTheBlogger(m)
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Slyr0x: There must have been a valid reason.

Linda Ikeji has been on the ..com platform for as long as I can remember and she's not had any issues

I didn't have any issue with Blogger. It was mistakenly deleted by the Spambot......FALSE POSITIVE. It's a known issue with Blogger. It can happen to any Blogger user, irrespective of how long you have been on Blogger. The most important thing is to always back up.
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
#bizfirst#:

Just like Askimet, there is what is called FALSE POSITIVE when crawlers and bots comb up the web.

Back to the thread. No blogger should risk hosting on . For all the arguments for it, it's simply not worth it. The reasons for going the wordpress way are numerous:

1. Wordpress has got thousands of premium and free theme/plugins blogger can only dream of.
2. You get better organic traffic on WP than blogger. This is so because of the comprehensive SEO plugins like SEOPressor and Wordpress SEO by Yoast. There is nothing like that for blogger I know of. Bloggers who use blogger generally blog carrying out on page SEO in their brains grin
3. The WP community is quite large and an enthusiastic one. Everyday, someone migrates from blogger to WP. All those blogger can't be mistaken.
4. What happened to Jide cannot happen to you. At worst, you'll restore from a backup and life will simply go on!

Think WP!

Yes. it was FALSE POSITIVE

but what happened to me can also happen to any blogger on Wordpress. There have been cases where hosts deleted hosted wordpress blogs on their servers.

If Blogger deletes your blog and you have a back up, you can move on to Wordpress and your readers will still find you provided you are using a custom domain and not the free . address. That's why it is risky using the the free . address.
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
iamdsam: Linda Ikeji has been around in the blogging world blogger to be precise for a while now and she hasn't had any problem of any sort like that with blogger. I believe there's more to what made blogger to deactivate or scramble his site. He might not want to reveal the whole truth.

Not hiding anything. If you read my blog post and also check out my discussion at Blogger forum, you will see that it's a known issue and can happen to any Blogger user.
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by cbrass(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
My candid advice to you bloggers is to have a main website on a differnet domain then you can use your ,wordpress,PHpBB or any of the ready made sites to drive traffic to your main website but don't rely soley on your free blogs
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
adewasco2k: WordPress anytime, any-day, you get to see thousands of WordPress plugins/themes which helps to achieve great SEO practices with just few clicks.

You you are not planning to make money from blogging sure you can use but if you want to eventually earn something from blogging just hit for self hosted WordPress.

The only thing i have noticed with WordPress is security, you have to write very strict Rewrite rule in your htaccess, make sure to update your WordPress/themes/plugins always to avoid been hacked, and Joomla have better security, correct me if i am wrong.

WP-user/Developer

So, I have not been making money from my blog right? Linda, Ladun, Laila and other Blogger users are not making money abi?

The blogging platform you use doesn't determine whether you will make money from blogging or not.
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by adewasco2k(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

So, I have not been making money from my blog right? Linda, Ladun, Laila and other Blogger users are not making money abi?

The blogging platform you use doesn't determine whether you will make money from blogging or not.

okay maybe i presented that the wrong way, i mean i dont expect any blogger ready to manage his/her blog effectively to be on the free yoursitename..com you have yours as Ogbongeblog.com, just because Linda Ikeji is making money from her blog doesnt make it the right practice, i guess you know this that is why you went for the paid one.

Give up man *thumb*

1 Like

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by Jarus(m): 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
iamdsam: Linda Ikeji has been around in the blogging world blogger to be precise for a while now and she hasn't had any problem of any sort like that with blogger. I believe there's more to what made blogger to deactivate or scramble his site. He might not want to reveal the whole truth.

Linda is only 2 years older than Ogbongeblog, which Jide started in 2008, and is also quite popular and among top 200 most visited websites in Nigeria. So never say never, even for Linda. One Google spambot can misbehave like it did for Jide's Ogbongeblog

1 Like

Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by everyday: 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
I am on blogger too.I always have sleepless nights when I think of it
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by cbrass(m): 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hmmm...someone here said that joomla is a bit secured, well I can't say a big yes to that, if you don't update your version of joomla to the latest release you are on your own and even with that....any thing can still happen
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by pxjosh(m): 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
FdsunnEX: i also own a blog http://ourowngist..com how do i now know that the blog is not listed
i love ur blog design bro
Re: Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers by babanne(m): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Seun: --
seun self dey book comment space. Wonder shall never end.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angular, UI/UX And PHP Developer Wanted- Remuneration Up To ₦250,000 Monthly / How To Get Instant Adsense Approval / List Of The World's Top 10 Biggest Forums On The Internet And What They Earn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.