Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. (11020 Views)

Contending The False And Heretic Teachings By Obadiah777 / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:52am On Nov 28, 2013
None of the apocryphal writers laid claim to inspiration. Most of them confessed non-inspiration.

In the prologue of Ecclesiasticus, the writer states: '' you are intreated therefore to read with favour and attention and to pardon us if in any parts of what we have laboured to interprete, we may seem to fail in some of the phrases''
this above quote goes to show that the writer were nt inspired.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2013
The apocrypha books also support the use of magic and other occultic practices which cannot be attributed to God.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Let me start from the title of this thread and that of the link you provided,
the other thread said" the catholic church did not give us the bible" while your thread read thus " the false and heretic apocryphal books added by the roman catholic church"

Can you tell me how and when the catholic church added the apocrypha to the bible?
Give an instance of any bible that pre-dated the catholic bible without the apocrypha.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: None of the apocryphal writers laid claim to inspiration. Most of them confessed non-inspiration.

In the prologue of Ecclesiasticus, the writer states: '' you are intreated therefore to read with favour and attention and to pardon us if in any parts of what we have laboured to interprete, we may seem to fail in some of the phrases''
Was the above written by the writer or the translator?
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: The apocrypha books also support the use of magic and other occultic practices which cannot be attributed to God.
Refrence please.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Demainman1: 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: None of the apocryphal writers laid claim to inspiration. Most of them confessed non-inspiration.

It's a free world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just as some people will say that the whole of the bible is a big lie and will go further to prove their views with references to books and all what not.

How do you know that the bible you are using is not a fraud? Because the early christians told you so and your church is using it to teach you.

For you to come here and try to condemn the same people that brought you all these christianity thing is quite sad indeed.

Let me ask you one question.

You probably use the King James Version of the bible. Ask your self this. KJV of what? Do you know where the original is? Have you seen it before? Between the version and the authentic which do you think will be the real deal?

Why will someone make a version of the authetic product and then turn round and call theirs the real mcCoy especially when you remember the history of King James and the Catholic Church
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: Was the above written by the writer or the translator?
y do u tink it is nt d writer
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man:

It's a free world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just as some people will say that the whole of the bible is a big lie and will go further to prove their views with references to books and all what not.

How do you know that the bible you are using is not a fraud? Because the early christians told you so and your church is using it to teach you.

For you to come here and try to condemn the same people that brought you all these christianity thing is quite sad indeed.

Let me ask you one question.

You probably use the King James Version of the bible. Ask your self this. KJV of what? Do you know where the original is? Have you seen it before? Between the version and the authentic which do you think will be the real deal?

Why will someone make a version of the authetic product and then turn round and call theirs the real mcCoy especially when you remember the history of King James and the Catholic Church

the catholic cant claim they wrote the bible. None of the writer of the bible came from rome. Roman catholic have nothing to do with the bible. The jew where the ones who canonise the old testament scripture. ever before the roman catholic was born the scripture have been in use by jew in their synagogue. Even jesus read the scripture in the synagogue
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: y do u tink it is nt d writer
Are you putting words into my mouth. I only asked a question, if you give an answer to my question, i will either agree or disagree and tell you why.
*waiting*
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Double post grin
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: the catholic cant claim they wrote the bible. None of the writer of the bible came from rome. Roman catholic have nothing to do with the bible. The jew where the ones who canonise the old testament scripture. ever before the roman catholic was born the scripture have been in use by jew in their synagogue. Even jesus read the scripture in the synagogue
And the new testament?
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: Refrence please.
the apocrypha describes magical portions which are alleged to drive away demons.
Tobit 6:1-17. This support occultic practices contrary to God's standard
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Demainman1: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
There were scrolls yes. there was no bible yes. The Catholic church canonised the different scrolls and named them and they became a collection of scrolls called BIBLE.

Up to this age more inspired writings are still been discovered by archeologist. These writings contain word of God too but were not found when the bible was been compiled and so could not be used.

So ask yourself this question. Why don't you use this new word of GOD that are being found?
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by italo: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man: There were scrolls yes. there was no bible yes. The Catholic church canonised the different scrolls and named them and they became a collection of scrolls called BIBLE.

Up to this age more inspired writings are still been discovered by archeologist. These writings contain word of God too but were not found when the bible was been compiled and so could not be used.

So ask yourself this question. Why don't you use this new word of GOD that are been found?

Because the Catholic Church has closed the canon.

grin
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Some of the teachings in those books are immoral. In Judith 9:10, 13, it says God assisted judith in the telling of lies. The apocrypha books of Ecclesiasticus and wisdom of solomon teaches that morality is based on expedience. In otherwords, according to these books it is right to sin in some situations.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: the apocrypha describes magical portions which are alleged to drive away demons.
I suppose you are talking about the liver and gall bladder of fish and i don't see anything magical about it, except you want us to believe that Jesus Christ using mud to cure the blind was also a form of magic.

2 Likes

Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by italo: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: the apocrypha describes magical portions which are alleged to drive away demons.

What is magical and occultic about it?

Why did the KJ Bible initially have the deuterocanonical books if they supported evil?
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
My questions are still unanswered.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Demainman1: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: Some of the teachings in those books are immoral. In Judith 9:10, 13, it says God assisted judith in the telling of lies. The apocrypha books of Ecclesiasticus and wisdom of solomon teaches that morality is based on expedience. In otherwords, according to these books it is right to sin in some situations.

Did God not assist your FATHER Abraham in telling lies too? Is that not immoral? SMH for you
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Demainman1: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
The funny thing is that most of the Christian celebrations (Christmas, easter etc) have paganism origin (the whiteman religion before sef was paganism) yet they 'christians' celebrate it. And now they claim that Catholic Church they use magic wink

Paganism no be magic? grin

1 Like

Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man:

Did God not assist your FATHER Abraham in telling lies too? Is that not immoral? SMH for you
where do u get that demonic idea from
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Demainman1: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: where do u get that demonic idea from

When asked whose wife Sarah was what was your FATHER Abraham reply? This boy/man, you dey read your bible so? or you just come here just to argue blindly?

Did God rebuke Abraham for that lie?

1 Like

Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: Some of the teachings in those books are immoral. In Judith 9:10, 13, it says God assisted judith in the telling of lies. The apocrypha books of Ecclesiasticus and wisdom of solomon teaches that morality is based on expedience. In otherwords, according to these books it is right to sin in some situations.
Study 1kings 22 concentrate on verse 22 and see how God helped 400 of his prophets tell lies.
According to you that book is false and heretic right?
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man: The funny thing is that most of the Christian celebrations (Christmas, easter etc) have paganism origin (the whiteman religion before sef was paganism) yet they 'christians' celebrate it. And now they claim that Catholic Church they use magic wink

Paganism no be magic? grin

magic is satanic and devilish. We dnt practice paganism, if u people are pagans good for u. We follow christ. Our focus is in christ.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

What is magical and occultic about it?

Why did the KJ Bible initially have the deuterocanonical books if they supported evil?
my king jame have none of this books. No king james have those books. ur statement is false
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: Are you putting words into my mouth. I only asked a question, if you give an answer to my question, i will either agree or disagree and tell you why.
*waiting*
it was the writer period
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: Are you putting words into my mouth. I only asked a question, if you give an answer to my question, i will either agree or disagree and tell you why.
*waiting*
it was the writer who made that statement
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: Study 1kings 22 concentrate on verse 22 and see how God helped 400 of his prophets tell lies.
According to you that book is false and heretic right?
are u telling me now that God support lying
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man:

When asked whose wife Sarah was what was your FATHER Abraham reply? This boy/man, you dey read your bible so? or you just come here just to argue blindly?

Did God rebuke Abraham for that lie?
so that scripture tells u dat God was the one who helped Abraham tell lies when God himself condemned lying. So God was contradicting himself abi. And when u look at it closely u will really finds out that sarah was Abraham's sister.
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: I suppose you are talking about the liver and gall bladder of fish and i don't see anything magical about it, except you want us to believe that Jesus Christ using mud to cure the blind was also a form of magic.
open ur eyes and read it very well
Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013

Now the prologue was not written by the writer but the translators likewise any other book of the bible. The use of "pardon us" in the prologue show that the translation was not done by one person. The word 'interprete' shows the prologue was written by the translator/ interpreters.
Or is it possible to interprete what does not exist?

1 Like

Re: The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. by SalC: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ukuts gp: my king jame have none of this books. No king james have those books. ur statement is false
Make research and verify if the first translation of kjv has apocrypha and why.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Post Your 2016 "By This Time Next Year"expectations With Faith..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.