Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,443 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Joining APC Is To Protect Rivers People –amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joining APC Is To Protect Rivers People –amaechi (392 Views)

Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene / Joining APC Not Solution To PDP Crisis – LAMIDO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joining APC Is To Protect Rivers People –amaechi by gratiaeo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
The Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said he joined the All Progressives Congress in order to protect the people of the state. Amaechi also said the state had suffered neglect under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, adding that one of the reasons he joined the APC was because the issues raised by the seven aggrieved governors of the Peoples Democratic Party were not resolved by the President and the PDP. The governor, who spoke with newsmen at the Port Harcourt International Airport on Tuesday, described the decision to join the opposition party as good for the country’s democracy. He explained that the PDP had given the impression that they (G-7 governors) were begging to come back to the ruling party, maintaining that the issues that led to the crisis in the PDP were not resolved. “Yes, we have joined APC after the meeting we had with Buhari, Tinubu and the interim Chairman of APC. The governors met on Monday and decided that we must meet with the APC leadership. “When we met with the APC leadership, it was important we took a position and the position we took is for the good of our democracy and ensure that Nigeria moves forward. “Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria; I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-is-to-protect-rivers-people-amaechi/

(1) (Reply)

I Joined APC To Protect Rivers People-amaechi / Why I Defected To The Progessives~ Gov. Amaechi / Latvia PM Resigns After Supermarket Roof Collapse That Killed 54

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.