Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway (1262 Views)

People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Why Don't Lagosians Use Pedestrian Bridges? / FG Approves 5 New Power Sub-stations In Kaduna, Enugu, Kogi, Ondo & Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by agbameta: 12:17am On Nov 28, 2013
By OLASUNKANMI AKONI & MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

Lagos — Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, has ordered the construction of five pedestrian bridges along Lagos Epe Expressway in the state.

This came a week after some pupils of Ikota Primary School, Ikota, along the busy road were killed by a truck.

Fashola disclosed this, yesterday, through his deputy, Adejoke Orelope Adefulire, at the ’2013 Be Road Friendly, BRF’ competition organised by the Lagos State School Traffic Safety Advocacy Programme, at Alausa, Ikeja, with the theme, ‘Promoting Child Safety through Media Jingles.’

The governor said: “The construction of the five pedestrian bridges for this axis has taken off, and relevant agencies have been mandated to ensure that the construction is completed.”

Fashola while speaking on the accident, said the driver of the vehicle which allegedly killed the students had been apprehended and would be made to face the full weight of the law.

According to him: “This will serve as a deterrent to other drivers in the state, to drive carefully and adhere to the traffic signs and symbols on the road.”

He appealed to officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, to ensure that students crossing where there were no pedestrian bridges were assisted.

Also, speaking at the 2013 Community Day Celebration with the theme, ‘Community Transformation through People’s Empowerment,’ Fashola noted that several challenges had been identified in various local government areas, urging the community dwellers to exercise patience as government would soon tackle such challenges.

He stressed that the success of the society and the state depended on the success of the communities, pointing out that each community is yearning for government attention according to their needs.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/fashola-approves-5-pedestrian-bridges-along-lagos-epe-highway/#sthash.buHHchdh.dpuf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/fashola-approves-5-pedestrian-bridges-along-lagos-epe-highway/
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by agbameta: 12:20am On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Brimmie(m): 12:21am On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by theoctopus: 1:19am On Nov 28, 2013
This guy, you no dey shame at all. Na approval of pedestrian bridge you dey kill goat celebrate. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by jmaine: 1:29am On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus: This guy, you no dey shame at all. Na approval of pedestrian bridge you dey kill goat celebrate. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by scribble: 1:50am On Nov 28, 2013
Shame those children had to die before he awoke to his responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by agbameta: 2:06am On Nov 28, 2013
To the usual backward villagers, we appreciate your concerns as we celebrate another 5 solid public infrastructures to better our people and promote safety in our communities all at the same time while we feel sorry for your zero activities villages where not even bore holes gets built or commissioned.

Ndo, e go better....lmao
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by AndroBlaze: 3:42am On Nov 28, 2013
^^^^ You people are getting as sickening as the PDP crowd. There is nothing to boast about or celebrate in this story: ACN, APC and especially Fashola deserve a public lynching for what they have done (or should I say not done) in the Lekki axis of Lagos. Their insensitivity to the masses in this area is mind buggling...... do you know how many people have died on that expressway while crossing? I can't even count anymore the amount of times i have seen people scrapping bodies of the most expensive road in World history. Or can any of you apologists explain to me how the greatest governor since Sliced Bread never realised that if you have a 50km road you CANNOT locate the last pedestrian bridge at the 6km mark!! Imagine me crossing at Ajah and having to walk 8km down to Jakande 2nd gate to ensure I dont get mowed down by already frustratated frenzied drivers (thanks to Lagos imposed tolls, LASTMA and traffic). Obviosuly you do realise i will have too walk another 8km back to get to my intended destination!

The thing is how can they explain their wickedness in this area? How have the masses of this area offended them? They have awarded and re-awarded a road that was already built to themselves to the tune of 80 billion to tax payers (excluding our tolls for the last 4 years). They alone have cornered all the contracts for this ridiculous white elephant project with each of them owning their own breifcase construction company. 50% of all barren land in this axis is owned directly by fronts for Tinubu and Fashola; the funny thing is all these barren plots have state of the art roads and drainage leading to them while heavily densely populated areas like Ikota or Alfa beach enviorns have no motorable roads and flood a minimum of 3 times every year. Lekki is the only area in Lagos where it is a crime for you to have developed early, only the late devolopments like Chevron area, parts of Elegushi's Ikate and so on are well looked after because these lands developed 'late enough' to be owned by the right people. Honestly where does one start/stop when it comes to Lekki? The light situation, absence of government hospitals and schools, the daily intimidation of Lagos TAX TAX TAX people............ honestly I've never seen people suffering and smiling like this in my life!

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Boss13: 4:56am On Nov 28, 2013
^^^^ you have said it all. I asked a close friend of mine - name 5 things you have benefited from Fashola's administration (and that's because he claimed that Fashola is better than other governors) - He could not. Same as me. Rather it is a reversal case, where we the residents of Lagos pay for public infrastructure and yet still provide for ourselves.

I cannot compare Fashola with other Governors. For christ sake, I don't reside in their states. It is where I reside in that I should be able to speak of.

For me Fashola has done nothing but to enrich himself and dance with media boys. He knows how to handle the media effectively.

I also have a forum with him today and guess what as usual, he would bamboos us with positive words and his woman leader would cajole her followers to sing praises. But I will not be deceived.

I guess I will update you guys about the forum later today.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Tuntheycr7: 5:08am On Nov 28, 2013
Dem go soon Chang d topic matter.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Ayekotoo(m): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2013
Boss13: ^^^^ you have said it all. I asked a close friend of mine - name 5 things you have benefited from Fashola's administration (and that's because he claimed that Fashola is better than other governors) - He could not. Same as me. Rather it is a reversal case, where we the residents of Lagos pay for public infrastructure and yet still provide for ourselves
Coming from someone across the Niger, am not surprised.

I cannot compare Fashola with other Governors. For christ sake, I don't reside in their states. It is where I reside in that I should be able to speak of.
fashola is incomparable! it will be a disgrace comparing with any other leader including your president.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Boss13: 6:56am On Nov 28, 2013
Ayekotoo:
Coming from someone across the Niger, am not surprised.

I will not blame your reasoning because I believe it is beclouded with sentiments. Your above statement is tribalistic and reflects how you think in a modern and diverse world. Mtshweee. FYI I am a Lagos State Citizen and I don't go about singing it and also I know Fashola on a more personal level than you do. Your only knowledge of him is on the cover of Newpapers and whatever TV box you have.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by agbameta: 7:36am On Nov 28, 2013
Boss13: ^^^^ you have said it all. I asked a close friend of mine - name 5 things you have benefited from Fashola's administration (and that's because he claimed that Fashola is better than other governors) - He could not. Same as me. Rather it is a reversal case, where we the residents of Lagos pay for public infrastructure and yet still provide for ourselves.

For me Fashola has done nothing but to enrich himself and dance with media boys. He knows how to handle the media effectively.

I also have a forum with him today and guess what as usual, he would bamboos us with positive words and his woman leader would cajole her followers to sing praises. But I will not be deceived.

I guess I will update you guys about the forum later today.

Here we have a governor constructing 5 new pedestrian bridges like dozens he's built all over the state to better the lives of Lagosians and keep them away from danger and you still arrived at the ignorant illogical conclusion that Lagosians are not benefiting from his administration?

The pedestrian bridge is for who exactly? Lagosians or goats and cattles? Or for his elite friends because they park their luxury cars just to use pedestrian bridges?

Are the roads he's building have special elite lanes and not for Lagosians? The public schools he's building are there to educate other people and not Lagosians?

Are the Hospitals where they no longer use torchlight in the operating rooms because Fashola gave them uninterrupted power supply for Lagosians or people from Mars?

Who are going to be riding the Metro rail? Americans, elites or Indians? Are they not going to be Lagosians?

What about the thousands of graduates from the 17 skills and acquisition centers? Are they Lagosians or South Africans?...

Where is the sense and wisdom in your thoughtless post?

We all know we are not at the end of the tunnel, but to say Lagosians ar not benefiting from this administration sounds very ignorant and disingenuous...

Where is the sense and wisdom in your thoughtless post?

And please, stop the I'm a Lagosians thing because you are obviously not..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by eaglechild: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2013
What a brainless thread
APPROVAL of a foot bridge earns a thread.
Eko oni ogbanje bleaters have come again.
After, we blame politicians for looting us dry, instead of blaming ourselves for singing senseless praises.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by agbameta: 7:50am On Nov 28, 2013
eaglechild: What a brainless thread
After, we blame politicians for looting us dry, instead of blaming ourselves for singing senseless praises.

The ones awarding contracts for 5 pedestrian bridge, building and commissioning projects are the looters, but your tax and allocation collecting do nothing isi ewu governors are not the looters....

We know how it is with you bitter and angry villagers of course...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by kennypoka2(m): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
eaglechild: What a brainless thread
why are some people so ignorant ehen? do you think if it was goodluck dat was in fashola position he would have even approved this.. common why do people see good thing and still criticise on it.. your president waited 5months b4 answering ASUU people.. the man jst weeks after hearing the cry of the masses quickly approved this without even it being in his budget, common and you say this man isnt doing anything. are you blind or dumb instead?
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by sammyyoung2(m): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2013
Bigots everywhere!!!
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2013
Lagos — Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, has ordered the construction of five pedestrian bridges along Lagos Epe Expressway in the state.

This came a week after some pupils of Ikota Primary School, Ikota, along the busy road were killed by a truck.

So it took the killing of some primary school pupils to get the state government to do what was long overdue, right?

I hate reactive policies.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by agbameta: 9:00am On Nov 28, 2013
HNosegbe:

So it took the killing of some primary school pupils to get the state government to do what was long overdue, right?

Since, you hate reactive policies, its safe to conclude that you prefar non reactive policies. Thank God we have a reactive government in Lagos state to react to our needs.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Olaolufred(m): 9:06am On Nov 28, 2013
Welcomed development.
I will advice Lagos govt to always sign their Expressway road contracts with pedestrian bridges at every
Bus- stop or 500metres.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by Olaolufred(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2013
HNosegbe:

I also hate reactive policies.
But truth is, Nigeria govt(Federal, states and LG) are reactive.
I wish all our Govt can be reactive against the 4500+ deaths being recorded on Nigerian Highways every year.
I ALSO APPRECIATE THE CONSTRUCTION OF PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES AT CEMENT, DOPEMU AND SOME OTHER POINTS ALONG LAGOS ABEOKUTA EXP/WAY.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by lovat(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2013
Then what did LCCI build with 1billion a km if they didn't put in place design for pedestrian bridge. I smell post corruption
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by BLS1: 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
So sad.
Re: Fashola Approves 5 Pedestrian Bridges Along Lagos Epe Highway by erne: 6:13am On Feb 03, 2016
We are pleased to introduce to you a new means of POSTER ADVERTISING which serves as a replacement for indiscriminate Poster Pasting/ Distribution in Lagos State.

Our Agency is approved by LASAA and the methods of our operation include Poster on an Aluminum Frame,
to be place inside the walk-way of all pedestrian bridges in Lagos.

Advantages of this mode of Advert:
1. Your Advert reaches your desired audience
2. Wider coverage; Students, women, men, workers, employed and unemployed
3. It is relatively cheap and affordable.
4. Flexible Advert Plans
5. You are on the right side of the law(LASAA)
6. Available on all Pedestrian Bridges in Lagos.

Contact us for more details:
freemacx78@yahoo.com
08139458588, 08053408939

(1) (Reply)

Maiduguri Airport And Airforce Base Attacked by Boko Haram / Pix Of The Day:: Pope Kisses Severely Disfigured Man / Presidency Moves Against Defected PDP Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.