Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff (3549 Views)

Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Olaolufred(m): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Youngzedd:

Jona have already begged them, so you want him to go naked before you notice it. 13 hours meeting...

THIS IS DECEMBER, MOST OR SOME COMPANIES ARE LOOKING INTO YOUR SALARY INCREAMENT.
SHOULD THEY JUST USE MOUTH TO SAY, '' CHINEDU, I JUST INCREASED YOUR SALARY TO 300K"
BUT NEVER SIGN ANY DOCUMENT TO BACK IT UP?

STOP FOOLING YOURSELF.
THIS GOVT IS INSINCERE. IF HE IS, THEN WHY RUN AWAY FROM SIGNING WHAT YOU TOLD NIGERIANS YOU HAD AGREED ON.

STUDENTS, BEHOLD YOUR VOTED LEADER.
LEADER, BEHOLD YOUR FOOLED STUDENTS.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Good move... it is not everybody dat survives to reap d benefit of a struggle.. ASUU have fought and from d way dey are going dey wont reap d benefits.... GEJ kindly employ expatriates, graduates, even ghanians, cameronians, nigereans, all who is qualified to fill dos space.. i just hate ungrateful human beings who dont ever appreciate wat someone does...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by adino(m): 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Now let prof.. FAGge, apc, activists and Nairaland e-rats and e-cockroaches employ them.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by nuclearboy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

We know that for people like you, the strike is a political capital to further your "bring Nigeria down" campaign. Nothing new there. grin

use your head! what i said was that with a bit more patience, Jonathan would have won because public opinion would make them tire!

but this "i am oga" behavior will only make them more angry and no literate person believes you will find experienced Ph.D holders ready to work in the rubbish atmosphere on campuses in Nigeria!

soon, you will start calling ASUU also "haters"! seems the only NON-haters in Nigeria are militants, ministers in his cabinet and the few dozen hausa who are working for his ambition! yet its you his advisers that are misleading the man!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Delafruita(m): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is not exactly. Fashola did not make any concessions with the doctors, unlike the FG. During the last negotiations with the president which lasted for unprecedented 13 hours, the president granted ADDITIONAL concessions to ASUU but all to no avail. All these because a terrorist is the head of ASUU
personaly I don't see what the fuss is all about.ASUU has only asked for assurances to be officially translated to it which is the right thing.aside from the additional 5billion it asked for,I really don't see what fresh demands it made.if the FG is really sincere in implementing the pledges it made,why should it be a big deal to put in place the structure and framework to carry out?what use is such an agreement if the ministry of finance isn't carried along?

GEJ has bad advisers and this continually puts him on he wrong side of decision-making.directing the schools to be opened and vacancies been filed isn't just myopic,its moronic and counter-productive.how long will it take to fill the vacancies?is it to the benefit of our educational system to discard experienced inttelectuals for greenhorns?if the plan was to make ASUU fret and hurriedly yield,then jonathan apparently isn't aware of the fact that no union has succeeded in been consistent with its demand and stand over the years like ASUU.

My advise to the president will be for him to replace nyesom wike as education minister and then find a lasting solution that will be woprkable because in the end,ASUU's demands will be to the benefit of our educational system if implemented

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by eagleeye2: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
musiwa112: if jonathan was not too proud and ask me, i will help him beg all nigeria professors, they will listen to me. but i have not got involve because i mind my own business. the professors are very reasonable people and i believe, they will listen to me.

Are you by anymeans the late Gani? But, I thought you dead.... No wonder, you speak the dead man's language in the forum of the living.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by 1025: 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
The General and his dog are mistaking ASUU for Gov.Aamechi of Rivers state.

these lectureres have seen presidents and Nyesom wikes come and go and such a cheap blackmail will not work.

proverbs 29: 2 says; when the wicked is in power, the people mourn but when the righteous is in authority, the people rejoice.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Jona must think all lecturers are like him; clueless, useless and easily replaced.

I wonder what he did during the ASUU strikes
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Pataki: 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
This president is really a clueless buffoon! undecided
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by alexchiny: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Some APC rats would be happy to see this strike last for a year so they can use it against GEJ! Unfortunately, well meaning Nigerians want this strike to end and we support the FG's present stance on this. Open the damn universities and let our children go back to school!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by PrivateGuy: 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lets see who wins in this action movie chai! GEJ i see yu as d actor in dis film o! Dun let us down! #grabs alomo and chin-chin.

MY TAKE-this is turning more of personal hatred for GEJ cus for d ASUU strikers to neglect d pleas frm parents and oda unions and still continue dis strike!sumfin z definitely fishy! Hope sum1 can smell the same sardine here?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by nancy789(f): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
TIRED OF ASUU AND JAMB COMPLETE UR BACHELORS IN THREE YEARS!!!...study kn india at a very cheap rate..
Contact me +919632956040
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Symphony007: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pres. Jonathan is learning from ameachi. But he should be aware that one state university. Rivers state university of science and technology is different from an entire federal government university system.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by jahrule: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
I think we should stop being emotional over this issue, from all replies so far i think majority of people on this thread are students. I you take your time to find out the continuation of this strike you will see that it is actually FG`s fault, ASUU has agreed to call off the strike but need assurance from FG that they will implement the agreement reached at the so call 13 hour meeting with the mr President. Since they have communicated with their members they agreement reached and majority have adopted it, it now important to formally legalise it by telling the FG to sign it and witnessed by the NLC so for future reason when FG decides to renege the agreement they could have something as evidence but FG is playing smart through minister of education spreading propaganda to make ASUU look bad. I f FG do not have something sinister they should gladly sign the agreement as demanded by ASUU but FG already know what they are doing and ASUU is too smart this time around to be lied to. So before you start condemning an action always take your time to find out the from all the parties involved.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Ngokafor(f): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
..Oga Jonah go ahead and do the needful cos this so called ASUU are nothing but a bunch of lazy lecturers who clearly do not want to go back to school..
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Drfash(f): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Skelewu tins
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by chreldb(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hahhahahahahaha I de laugh. Forget about the perverted put bellied lecturers. an academic who has gone through tough times attaining his/her PhD, an academic who has international publications, an academic who might well be a consultant to multinationals, an academic who chose to stay in the the academia not because of money but love for his job and research is who the government thinks it can easily replace. compared to a pseudoacademic who has no publication, has no PhD but illegally and fraudulently claims to have one, who has challenges in communicating in English language, that president Obama the leader of the free world looked upon him with disgust and disdain when they had audience together. This same man who should not never have been president of this great country who has failed to manipulate and deceive intellectuals is the person making this threat? ok lets see how it goes. The government wanted to lie and deceive ASUU but ASUU asked for greater commitment from the government so that a David mark would not come out and say that the "government officials who singed the agreement knew not what they were doing" and so on and so forth. I rest my case for now. The intelligent would know where I am getting at.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by frankyychiji(f): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Right move my President!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by experimentist: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thunder faya goodluck adolf jitler jonathan!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
oyb: Jona must think all lecturers are like him; clueless, useless and easily replaced.

I wonder what he did during the ASUU strikes

He was never a University lecturer.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by ballabriggs: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
How do you tell me you are going to implement and I cannot see a framework or strategy on the ground. I will commit N255 billion annually, how and where is the strategy? These are the things we want to see.

Jonadunce and his advisers must think everyone is as daft as they are. Enough of this rubbish.

Go ahead and sack then replace with quacks like Omokri and Abati. Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by ba7man(m): 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
I just watched Nyesome Wike on tv making the pronoucement and that guy's attitude has a bad smell even through the TV.

G.E.J truely lacks knowledge on leadership. Every leader knows that they'll face challenges like this so its best one is prepared with knowledge to deal with it.

According to the "48 Laws of Leadership". Every percieved negative gathering has a head (the most influential/vocal member or members). He's supposed to summon that most influential member to a private meeting outside his comfort zone ( Approach the lead figure not the organization) and open up to him.

Under those conditions, he'll surely be able to negotiate better. ( If Kennedy could negotiate his way out of the "Cuban Missile crisis", What is "ASSU Strike"??

Now that ASSU has called his bluff, if he ends up going back on his threats, he'll appear weaker than he already does.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by enigmang: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
chreld_b: Hahhahahahahaha I de laugh. Forget about the perverted put bellied lecturers. an academic who has gone through tough times attaining his/her PhD, an academic who has international publications, an academic who might well be a consultant to multinationals, an academic who chose to stay in the the academia not because of money but love for his job and research is who the government thinks it can easily replace. compared to a pseudoacademic who has no publication, has no PhD but illegally and fraudulently claims to have one, who has challenges in communicating in English language, that president Obama the leader of the free world looked upon him with disgust and disdain when they had audience together. This same man who should not never have been president of this great country who has failed to manipulate and deceive intellectuals is the person making this threat? ok lets see how it goes. The government wanted to lie and deceive ASUU but ASUU asked for greater commitment from the government so that a David mark would not come out and say that the "government officials who singed the agreement knew not what they were doing" and so on and so forth. I rest my case for now. The intelligent would know where I am getting at.

Only about 20% of Nigerian lecturers fit this your description...
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by eluquenson(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is military system by a civilian. So you want to force them back to the class. If not you sack them? You always sacking Sir,but remember the whole Nigeria will sack you one day. You claimed to be an ex-lecturer. I wonder what type you were. You are finally showing your true colors and feeding us with violent fresh air. This is Tyranny.

As for ASUU aluta continua. Lets see if he is bluffing. He can't take care of needs of local lecturers,lets see if he can take care of foreign ones.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
When ASUU made a boko haram terrorist that doesn't even want education for the country a president, what else do they expect.
Good move Mr President.
Don't pay them any arrears
Sack any one who refused to resume by Dec 2nd.
I see a very bleak Christmas and New year celebration for some of them
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
frankyychiji: Right move my President!

I know guys that have prepared their CVs to apply and vowed never to join the useless ASUU.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
alexchiny: Some APC rats would be happy to see this strike last for a year so they can use it against GEJ! Unfortunately, well meaning Nigerians want this strike to end and we support the FG's present stance on this. Open the damn universities and let our children go back to school!!!
You have spoken well Bro, all the Federal University lecturers in the SS, SE and MD have all vowed to resume and put their names in BOLD once the registers are opened and people are here ranting rubbish.
It's only few lecturers in SW and Northern Fed Univs that are still interested in the strike for obvious reasons.
As for the State University lecturers, they should all hide their faces in shame, it's not like the F.G acknowledge their useless struggles in the stew.pid strike.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by desy24444(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
jahrule: I think we should stop being emotional over this issue, from all replies so far i think majority of people on this thread are students. I you take your time to find out the continuation of this strike you will see that it is actually FG`s fault, ASUU has agreed to call off the strike but need assurance from FG that they will implement the agreement reached at the so call 13 hour meeting with the mr President. Since they have communicated with their members they agreement reached and majority have adopted it, it now important to formally legalise it by telling the FG to sign it and witnessed by the NLC so for future reason when FG decides to renege the agreement they could have something as evidence but FG is playing smart through minister of education spreading propaganda to make ASUU look bad. I f FG do not have something sinister they should gladly sign the agreement as demanded by ASUU but FG already know what they are doing and ASUU is too smart this time around to be lied to. So before you start condemning an action always take your time to find out the from all the parties involved.
and I am very sure dis is one of the university lecturer dat has desized nt 2 go 2 class till d 4 months arrers is paid.Even bible said" let no man dat doesn't work,donot eat"u have delayed d future of nigeria students and u dnt wnt 2 suffer loss frm ur syd.let's b reasonable here for God sack
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by 1wolex85: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pls, sincere 9gerian and all those who are supporting this move, I am asking sincerely, how will the fg replace these lecturers? What is their strategy? I want to know!
I know u can replace the master degree holders who lecture @ lower levels but do we have the manpower to replace the phd holders and the profs? Can this govt afford to pay expatriates when dey can't even pay the nigerians? Our education system is already bad and replacing experienced dons with greenhorns is not done anywhere.
I just don't see it being successful. If truly the fg intends to sack them all if they don't resume, what is the contigency plan to prevent the already low standard from falling lower? Its not ok to just tell us you will place adverts in the papers, are the lecturers going to fall from heaven? Everyone knows the best lecturers are at federal varsities!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by 1wolex85: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gabbysky:

I know guys that have prepared their CVs to apply and vowed never to join the useless ASUU.
You know guys who are ready to apply? Please who are these guys, what are their qualifications? Where are they lecturing now?(No true lecturer worth his salt will be jobless). These ur guys, are they phd holders or professors or even master degree holders? Give us links to just one paper they have published even if it is their undergraduate project? A university is not a playground o!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by desy24444(m): 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
eluquenson: This is military system by a civilian. So you want to force them back to the class. If not you sack them? You always sacking Sir,but remember the whole Nigeria will sack you one day. You claimed to be an ex-lecturer. I wonder what type you were. You are finally showing your true colors and feeding us with violent fresh air. This is Tyranny.

As for ASUU aluta continua. Lets see if he is bluffing. He can't take care of needs of local lecturers,lets see if he can take care of foreign ones.
I advice u 2 jst go bak 2 class if u re a lecturer now o cos express go leave u if by d tym u don see say dem sack dat acedemic ismalist
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by DoctorStephen(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem: Na today grin grin

The military did worse than that and yet ASUU triumphed. Strike continues till ASUU is satisfied that govt is sincere.

Is ASUU sincere?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

23 Unbelievable Facts About Death / AIG 2018 Aptitude Test / Auchi Poly Spat 2018 Screening Date Is 23 January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.