Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff (3548 Views)

Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by 1wolex85: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gabbysky:
You have spoken well Bro, all the Federal University lecturers in the SS, SE and MD have all vowed to resume and put their names in BOLD once the registers are opened and people are here ranting rubbish.
It's only few lecturers in SW and Northern Fed Univs that are still interested in the strike for obvious reasons.
As for the State University lecturers, they should all hide their faces in shame, it's not like the F.G acknowledge their useless struggles in the stew.pid strike.
All of a sudden, this guy knows all d lecturers in SE,SS and MB abi? Let's even assume wat u say is true, you say only a few lecturers in d SW and the north are ready to continue abi? Do you have any idea abt the distribution of fed and state universities around the country? Do you have any idea of the ASUU members in each region?
I no dey ASUU back or fg back because both of dem get fault for d matter, I just hate it when pple talk for the sake of talking, kai!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by DoctorStephen(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
eluquenson: This is military system by a civilian. So you want to force them back to the class. If not you sack them? You always sacking Sir,but remember the whole Nigeria will sack you one day. You claimed to be an ex-lecturer. I wonder what type you were. You are finally showing your true colors and feeding us with violent fresh air. This is Tyranny.

As for ASUU aluta continua. Lets see if he is bluffing. He can't take care of needs of local lecturers,lets see if he can take care of foreign ones.

The president is right.
For the lecturers to fight for the education sector effectively,they should be able to sacrifice their salaries and their jobs if need be.
Is lack of love to students,laziness,and strikes the best way to help the university system?
Once again,I think the president is right.
Meanwhile,has ASUU become a political party?
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by SlamDunk(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Youngzedd:

Jona have already begged them, so you want him to go naked before you notice it. 13 hours meeting...

I wonder o, he has done all he can. Both the lecturers have refused to respect themselves.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Olril18(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
sagombugo: I thought we have travelled through this thoughtless road before with the UNILORIN expelled lecturers who were reinstated by the Supreme court and the university compelled to pay them all their arrears even after several years just because they stood firm with ASUU!

GEJ sure hasn't learnt a thing!
after how many years?? those unilorin lecturers will till end of their life regretted their actions..,some of.them.died in the.struggle,and even though they were reinstated by court after almost a decade,the university frustated the court injuction,and till today,some of those lecturers remain in limbo..
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by LadyJul(f): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dis ASUU strike is really turnin into sumthing else, ASUU think dey can fool everybody but they are xo wrng bcus dey caant fool me and other wise pple. It is very obvious dat dis strike has bin politicalized to ruin g.e.j tenure, if ASUU really want to call d strike off early den y did dey wait so lng to bring dis new demand. They sat down with G.e.j for almost 13hrs in d lst meeting bt nobody mentioned abt dis new demands, is dat how negotiations are done, even many of d ASUU members knw d strike has bin politicalized bt dey ar afriad to talk. If ASUU knew dey were nt going to call off d strike yet den y did dey go to their branches to vote if the strike shud be calld off, who do dey think dey are decieving, if we students were able to sacrifice our tym just to get quality education den why can't dey sacrifice their salary? ASUU didnt work for a whole 5months yet dey are demanding for salary, useless pple. Even if govt start releasing d funds to ASUU am sure d money wont be made gud use of, abi have we all 4gottn d kind of country we live in. Abeg presido made a gud move by tellin dem to resume or lose their job, ASUU stop decieving yourself and call off dis strike.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by eluquenson(m): 7:30am On Nov 29, 2013
DoctorStephen:

The president is right.
For the lecturers to fight for the education sector effectively,they should be able to sacrifice their salaries and their jobs if need be.
Is lack of love to students,laziness,and strikes the best way to help the university system?
Once again,I think the president is right.
Meanwhile,has ASUU become a political party?

Why can't GEJ too sacrifice his N3m/day meal for the education sector or whats the basis for telling them to sacrifice their salaries, he should lead by example.
Lets call a spade a spade
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:57am On Nov 29, 2013
I am amazed at the stupidity certain individuals on tis' thread have shown... (Those supportin' the Federal Govt in Particular)...
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by InwehAkpevwe(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a very selfish union dat seeks 4 only dia gud. They av 4goten dat lots of students died due 2 d strike, sumguys r nw in. 2 drugs, sum female students r nw prostitutes, sum r nw pregnant, ...and d list continues.... Bt yet dere stil say boldly dat they r fightin 4 d students interest.... What more do they want? 9ce move mr president... Thumb up 2 ya!!!
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Miner13: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Wat baffle me most is y people ar pointin accusin fingers 2 ASUU nd yet value educatn obtainable in other countries nd possibly our private universities. Y we solemly wait as students both'undergraduate nd post graduate' 4 logical end 2 d strike dat has bastardized our educatn system. Lol!
We al failed as nigerians 2 put in our best towards resolvin dis lingerin issue bt we rather raise our voice nd point our fingers in 2tal disbelieved coz of our corrupt mindset against those who stood up 4 our course 2 rebuild d educatn sector.
MY STAND IS "ITZ TIM WE AS YOUTH OF DIS GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA RE-ESTABLISHED D LOST GLORY OF OUR DEAR MOTHERLAND.
####Remeber dis
d states(USA) GOT D RIGHT STARTING PILLAR OVER 200YRS AGO.... GOD BLESS AMERICA WS DIA SLOGAN

SA(south africa) WER LUCKY 2 START IN D HANDS OF GUD ND DEDICATED LEADERS

GHANIANS YOUTH RISE 2 FIGHT AGAINST D FLOP IN DIA ECONOMY. MUCH DEDICATN. ND A STRIKE IN DIA EDUCATN SECTOR 4 A YEAR ND HALF, REMEBA OUR SLOGAN IN 9JA DEN 'ghana must go'

BT HIA IN NIGERIA WIT OUR DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. IF AM ABLE 2 SATISFY MYSEF I DNT BLOODY CARE ANODA PERSON ATTITUDE.
Hmmmmmm
LET JOIN 2GEDA IN UNITY
LETS SHOW OUR DEDICATN 2 OUR DEAR LAND
THINK POSITIVE!
ACT POSITIVE!!
WORK POSITIVE!!! ND 2GEDA WIL WE REBUILD OUR EDUCATN 2 MIT D WORLD STANDARD.
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by lawrence112(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
jemman: Jonathan, Jonathan must hv been taking to much ogogoro lately
and who we interview d new lecturers
does he even know how d univeristy system works.
guy y u go dey insult jona like dat u think say e easy to run dis country abi na u dey buy d ogogoro 4ram dis man done try give ASUU but dem no won reason wit am haba him go kill him self
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
eluquenson:

Why can't GEJ too sacrifice his N3m/day meal for the education sector or whats the basis for telling them to sacrifice their salaries, he should lead by example.
Lets call a spade a spade
Sharaaaaap jor ode like you
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: I am amazed at the stupidity certain individuals on tis' thread have shown... (Those supportin' the Federal Govt in Particular)...
Smello sharaaap jare. You don't even know what you saying. What else do you want from the FG? 13 hrs marathon meeting with the president, isn't that enough? And y'all (ASUU) didn't mention this new demands then oooo. POLITICALized APC ppl
Re: Jonathan Declares War On ASUU, Orders VCs To Advertise For New Staff by Demdem(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2013
DoctorStephen:

Is ASUU sincere?

What makes them insincere? spill out their inconsistencies if any?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Lose Your Pen... / Pls How Will I Switch On The Bluetooth Of My Digital Headset N85 Zealot Version / Join ACEONDO Aspirants Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.