Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? (979 Views)

Spare The Rod - Spoil The Child / Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child. Do You Agree? / Parents: Is It Time To Spare The Rod? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by Cayon(f): 2:00am On Jul 23, 2008
Re: Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by onyinye2(f): 2:07am On Jul 23, 2008
if i ever treated my parents like that in any way, my parents would have sent me to boarding school in Nigeria. i would never in my forsaken life raise my voice to any one of my elders especially my parents. and to top that off hit them. OMG!! my dad would have torn my ass up with that switch. yal know what im talking about. yal's parents had that switch prime and ready to discipline any one of yal if yal had the nerve to act up. but on the real, if that child was mine, i would beat the trouble out of him and then deliver him to his father.
Re: Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by SeanT21(f): 2:57am On Jul 23, 2008
If I did that to my mother, only God knows what is gonna come my way.

1 Like

Re: Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by Cayon(f): 3:42am On Jul 23, 2008
I am agreeing with you two ladies.  Now if that was my son, I woudda take him to my country for vacation and i woudda deal wid im good and plenty.

On the other hand, I do believe parents should hit their kids. My mother hit me with a "fan-belt" when i was younger, and I used to hate it. But now, looking back I realized it was for good. I laugh at anyone who "grounds" their kids. Ya, that's going to get the message across. (NOT!)

by the way, when I say hit. I don't  mean punching or kicking on the floor. or anything like that.
Re: Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by motunrayo4(f): 3:47am On Jul 23, 2008
HAHAHaaa. . . . Ah! I wish I woulda did this to my parents without getting a DIRTY slap. . .all five fingers and then some. . . . . even if we were on camera.
Re: Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by abujabooks(f): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2008
My child can never do that. I am the adult and he is the child.

That is "Bad Parenting". I pity that woman. That boy is in control. I could not finish watching the video, I was so angry.

All I have to do, is to open my eyes wide and my son knows he is big trouble.
Re: Spare The Rod, Spoil The Child? by Cayon(f): 2:24am On Jul 27, 2008
@ abu:

You are correct but do you know some parents teach their children right from wrong but the kids just don't listen.

(1) (Reply)

My Dad Does Not Trust Me / Stop Payiny To Watch Dstv/hitv / Man Had To Choose: Save Wife Or Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.