Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! (2926 Views)

Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... / The False Promise Of The Prosperity Gospel: Why I Called Joel Osteen And Joyce / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Is this claim true? A Christian on NL said it is. Which I believe is a big lie.

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
highyo:
Joyce Meyers may not look seductive to you because you are female, but she may looks seductive to you if you are a lesbian sha! and that will be a serious case. but there will be some men that will lust after her, cant you even see her make up, and tell me if there is something different from what prostitute uses when they want to seduce men
vickyo try to know what the bible say here
« There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. » Proverbs 14:12
it looks okay to use it in your eyes but more than 10 bible passages has condemn it uses, then why cant you do away with it?
Okay think for your self, will God punish you for not using it? what if you appear at the gate and you ask the lord, Highyo stopped me from using these things, but I do not see anything wrong with it, and the angel said, if you have used it on earth, you would have perish in hell forever,
so my dear God will not send you to hell for not using it, but can send you to hell for using them
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
So a beautiful woman dressing modestly is now seductive...hahahaha nl wont kill me wit laff o

2 Likes

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by terj(f): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
grin To some people a corpse could look seductive. She is beautiful there is no doubt about that, it's a man's imagination that most times causes him to sin unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
terj: grin To some people a corpse could look seductive. She is beautiful there is no doubt about that, it's a man's imagination that most times causes him to sin unnecessarily.

There, you've hit the nail on the head.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nairalanders, I await your posts...... More voices
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Kyase(m): 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO: Nairalanders, I await your posts...... More voices

what do u expect from a woman that is repeatedly raped by her father,
anyway have not give it a thought.....for she is not seductive to me.not atall.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Kyase:

what do u expect from a woman that is repeatedly raped by her father,
anyway have not give it a thought.....for she is not seductive to me.not atall.
That is so cruel. What are you?
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by nora544: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
That is the look of a great business woman not more.

Who live from the lies she tell to her followers.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
nora544: That is the look of a great business woman not more
Who live from the lies she tell to her followers.
Can you mention a lie she's told? I listen to her sermons and I haven't heard any. Tell please.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by nora544: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO:
Can you mention a lie she's told? I listen to her sermons and I haven't heard any. Tell please.
And next time try to answer the question, don't derail.

He teaches the Prosperity Gospel

Mainstream evangelicalism has consistently opposed prosperity theology[11] and prosperity ministries have frequently come into conflict with other Christian groups, including those within the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements.[13] Critics, such as Evangelical pastor Michael Catt, have argued that prosperity theology has little in common with traditional Christian theology.[56] Prominent evangelical leaders, such as Rick Warren,[6] Ben Witherington III,[6] and Jerry Falwell,[57] have harshly criticized the movement, sometimes denouncing it as heretical.[6] Warren proposes that prosperity theology promotes the idolatry of money, and others argue that Jesus' teachings indicate a disdain for material wealth.[6] In Mark: Jesus, Servant and Savior, R. Kent Hughes notes that some 1st-century rabbis portrayed material blessings as a sign of God's favor. He cites Jesus' statement in Mark 10:25 that "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (KJV) as evidence to oppose such thinking.[58]

Other critics of the movement assail promises made by its leaders, arguing that the broad freedom from problems they promise is irresponsible.[13] Church leaders are often criticized for abusing the faith of their parishioners by enriching themselves through large donations.[59] Prosperity theology has been opposed for not adequately explaining the poverty of the Apostles. For instance, some theologians believe that the life and writings of Paul the Apostle, who is believed to have experienced significant suffering during his ministry, are particularly in conflict with prosperity theology.[60]

In their book Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology.[61] They suggest that righteousness cannot be earned and that the Bible does not promise an easy life.[62] They argue that it is inconsistent with the gospel of Jesus and propose that the central message of the gospel should be Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.[62] Jones and Woodbridge see Jesus' importance as vital, criticizing the prosperity gospel for marginalizing him in favor of a focus on human need.[63] In another article, Jones criticizes the prosperity theology interpretation of the Abrahamic covenant, God's promise to bless Abraham's descendants, arguing that this blessing is spiritual and should already apply to all Christians. He also argues that the proponents of the doctrine misconstrue the atonement, criticizing their teaching that Jesus' death took away poverty as well as sin. He believes that this teaching is drawn from a misunderstanding of Jesus' life and criticizes John Avanzini's teaching that Jesus was wealthy as a misrepresentation,[64] noting that Paul often taught Christians to give up their material possessions. Although he accepts giving as "praiseworthy",[64] he questions the motives of prosperity theology and criticizes the "Law of Compensation",[64] which teaches that when Christians give generously, God will give back more in return. Rather, Jones cites Jesus' teaching to "give, hoping for nothing in return."[64] Jones and Woodbridge also note that Jesus instructed followers to focus on spiritual rewards, citing his command in Matthew 6:19–20 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth ... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (KJV).[65] Jones criticizes the doctrine's view of faith: he does not believe that it should be used as a spiritual force for material gain but seen as selfless acceptance of God.[64]

In 1980, the General Council of the Assemblies of God criticized the doctrine of positive confession,[66] noting examples of negative confessions in the Bible (where Biblical figures express fears and doubts) that had positive results and contrasting these examples with the focus on positive confessions taught by prosperity theology. The Council argues that the biblical Greek word often translated as "confess" literally translates as "to speak the same thing", and refers to both positive and negative confessions.[67] The statement also criticizes the doctrine for failing to recognize the will of God: God's will should have precedence over the will of man,[68] and Christians should "recognize the sovereignty of God".[66] The statement further criticizes prosperity theology for overlooking the importance of prayer, arguing that prayer should be used for all requests, not simply positive confession.[69] The Council noted that Christians should expect suffering in this life.[66] They urge readers to apply practical tests to positive confession, arguing that the doctrine appeals to those who are already in affluent societies but that many Christians in other societies are impoverished or imprisoned.[70] Finally, the paper criticizes the distinction made by advocates of prosperity theology in the two Greek words that mean "speaking", arguing that the distinction is false and that they are used interchangeably in the Greek text.[70][F] The Council accused prosperity theology of taking passages out of context to fulfill its own needs, with the result that doctrine of positive confession is contradictory to the holistic message of the Bible.[71]

Health, Wealth and Happiness, theologians David Jones and Russell Woodbridge characterize the doctrine as poor theology read this book than you will understand it
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
This long sermon... Anyways that's your view on that and note that she doesn't teach prosperity message. She teaches mostly on how Christians should live everyday.
At least you acknowledged she isn't seductive. That's all. thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by 4tunebest(f): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
She isnt seductive; she is attractive. However, there is a very thin line between being seductive and being attractive
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
I just love this lady,she's always on point with her teachings.
Those claiming she looks seductive should pls go nd wash deir minds @ d dry cleaners,cuz if u weren't corrupt to start with ur mind nor go go d wrong direction.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Vickii Ro: I just love this lady,she's always on point with her teachings.
Those claiming she looks seductive should pls go nd wash deir minds @ d dry cleaners,cuz if u weren't corrupt to start with ur mind nor go go d wrong direction.
Thanks
Very funny by the way.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Put a white cloth before a man with a dark mind and he will call it black. And to that young man, here is the scripture for him.
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them
that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure;
but even their mind and conscience is defiled. Titus 1:15

4 Likes

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Speechless, you actually think highyo can make sense.smh
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Boomark(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
I believe she is married. If she is a young girl, i will think whether to think if she is seductive or not. She is neither seductive nor 'unseductive.'
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Boomark: I believe she is married. If she is a young girl, i will think whether to think if she is seductive or not. She is neither seductive nor 'unseductive.'
Yes she is married.
OK
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
FOOL FINDER: Speechless, you actually think highyo can make sense.smh
hmmm
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by iheanyi4u(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
She is beautiful no doubt but seductive? Nah. Me thinks it's God's glory shining through her after all we are the light of the world
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by vickyO(f): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
iheanyi4u: She is beautiful no doubt but seductive? Nah. Me thinks it's God's glory shining through her after all we are the light of the world
God bless you.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by ebenice(m): 12:18am On Nov 29, 2013
Just passing by...
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by anibi9674: 12:23am On Nov 29, 2013
When a woman wear d attire of a harlot wat will u say she is. Read jer 4 vs 30 u wii knw d attire of an harlot. Plz use kjv
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by twosquare(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2013
Hummm.. a 70yr old woman is seductive ke? wetin my ear no go hear 4 dis obodo Nigeria
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by davydenko18(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
We criticise what we understand not, we hate what we aren't part of. If she's an hospital clerk just enjoying her old life, would she be seductive? It isn't about her beauty he did't like but her success.

1 Like

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
davydenko18: We criticise what we understand not, we hate what we aren't part of. If she's an hospital clerk just enjoying her old life, would she be seductive? It isn't about her beauty he did't like but her success.
u said it all bro
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by dagr8(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Did I hear u say seductive? No, No, No..
She is rather a "young" woman who does not want to grow old...
This mummy turned 70 in June and she' s still looking beautiful, good and fresh like Tomato Jos
O Lord, may I marry a ever young woman like this (Amen)

1 Like

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by solomon111(m): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joyce meyer,just like many american pastors are motivational speakers.
Their teachings are nice but they are not the biblical gospel.
Unfortunately,many of their fans can't spot the difference.

1 Like

Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by whatofyou: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
And are we to judge her seductiveness by only this picture? Before you say somebody is a seducer, you would have noted so many things she does like the kind of clothes she wears, the way she walks (sways her hips), her eyes' movements, the lips and tongue movement et c., things the said Nairalander must have observed for a long time.
What I am saying in essence is, that picture won't be enough to conclude whether she is or not!
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by kambo(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joyce is 70! My oh my.
She looks 40ish!
Ok. She takes good care of her body.
Tht said, men will find anythg abt a womn seductve and blame d womn for d whims in their own hearts . Take d woman out of sight and let only her voice b heard and men will still lust for her and blame it on d wmn.
Re: Someone Said Joyce Meyers Is Seductive, How True Is That?!! by perilioustime: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
vickyO:

(1) (2) (Reply)

ARE CHRISTIANS SICK? Re; Nelson Mandela In Hell (an Atheist Response) / Eagles Fly Alone. Pigeons Flock Together. / See What A Pastor Is Doing While Preaching (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.