Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako (919 Views)

Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope / Jonathan Won’t Contest 2015 Poll – Prophet Tibetan / I Won’t Contest 2015 Elections ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by DonColz1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, has said neither he nor his son would contest for any elective office in 2015.
Nyako said this while addressing a crowd of supporters in Yola, the Adamawa State capital, on Thursday.
He also used the occasion to explain that his decision to dump the ruling Peoples Democratic Party in favour of the opposition All Progressives Congress, was to protest against the prevailing level of injustice and impunity in the PDP.
The governor had, along with four of his colleagues -Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers)- on Tuesday, announced a decision to defect from the PDP into the APC.
Before now, there were unverified reports that the Adamawa State governor was positioning his son, Abdulaziz, to take over from him as governor in 2015.
Director of Press and Public Affairs to the governor, Ahmad Sajoh, clarified his principal’s position in a telephone interview with THE PUNCH, in Abuja.
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-contest-for-any-office-in-2015-nyako/
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by Firefire(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tell us what else you are looking for? I hope Nigeria and Nigerians can made away with all this sycophant been rotated from ages back. Military to Civilian and still ruling with greed for power!

Date of Birth: 27/08/1943 @ 70 Years what else are you people looking for?
Place of Birth: Mayo-Belwa

Vice Admiral Murtala Nyako (rtd), GCON, CFR: rcds, D.Agric. (H.C.)
One time being military governor of Niger State,
Appointed Chief of Naval Staff in January 1990.
-
He was at one time a Commanding Officer of a Patrol craft,
a Landing craft and the first missile carrying ship of the Nigerian Navy.
In February 1976, General Murtala Muhammad appointed Nyako governor of the newly formed Niger State, which had been split out from Sokoto State.
He served in this post until December 1977.
Later he became the Chief of Naval Operations at the Naval Headquarters,
the Flag Officer Commanding the Western Naval Command
and the Flag Officer Commanding the Naval Training Command from where he was appointed
the Chief of Naval Staff in January 1990.
Two years later, he was appointed the Deputy Chief of Defence Staff
and retired from the Service in September 1993 with the rank of Vice Admiral.
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by omobabe1(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Firefire: Tell us
what else you are looking for? I hope Nigeria and Nigerians can made
away with all this sycophant been rotated from ages back. Military to
Civilian and still ruling with greed for power!

Date of Birth: 27/08/1943 @ 70 Years what else are you people looking
for?

-
a Landing craft and the first missile carrying ship of the Nigerian
Navy.
In February 1976, General Murtala Muhammad appointed Nyako governor of
the newly formed Niger State, which had been split out from Sokoto
State.

and the Flag Officer Commanding the Naval Training Command from where he
was appointed
and retired from the Service in September 1993 with the rank of Vice
Admiral.

you're 2 much
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by Onlytruth(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Firefire: Tell us what else you are looking for? I hope Nigeria and Nigerians can made away with all this sycophant been rotated from ages back. Military to Civilian and still ruling with greed for power!

Date of Birth: 27/08/1943 @ 70 Years what else are you people looking for?

-
a Landing craft and the first missile carrying ship of the Nigerian Navy.
In February 1976, General Murtala Muhammad appointed Nyako governor of the newly formed Niger State, which had been split out from Sokoto State.
and the Flag Officer Commanding the Naval Training Command from where he was appointed
and retired from the Service in September 1993 with the rank of Vice Admiral.

Plus his FOUR wives who are doctors and lawyers.
I believe that the man acknowledges the fact that his has taken more than his fair share of life.
I wish him happy retirement from public service.
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by Texykool: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tank U ferry mush cheesy
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by psucc(m): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
No way!!!! SOS to Mr. President
NYAKO MUST NOT GO
We the members of Vanguard for Perpetual Power (VAPEP) wish to bring to your notice that Gov Nyako of Adamawa State is about completing his term come 2015 and must be assigned another National Leadership Position just as his counterpart David Mark who had been in the Senate since 1999 and is expected to be re(s)elected for another term.
Whatever the ploy that would send Nyako going, we want to state that we will resist it with all tools within our reach.
Once, again Nyako Must Not Go!!!

............................ ...............................
President Secretary-Gen.
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
He is an irrelevant creature before, now and beyond 2015
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by donphilopus: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
Professor Peter: He is an irrelevant creature before, now and beyond 2015
He's irrelevant! But compared to you, reverse is the case
Re: I Won’t Contest For Any Office In 2015-nyako by citizenY(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nyako... go back to ya farm, spread Fertilizer, milk cows and pluck mango....E don do , wetin ?

(1) (Reply)

Slick Oil Baroness” Folorunsho Alakija Covers Forbes Woman Africa Magazine’s / EXPOSED: Lamido Sanusi's Letter To President Jonathan Over Monumental Corruption / How APC Controls The Politics Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.