Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

The Advent Of The Notion "We Are Born To Rule" And Its Now Irrelevancies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Advent Of The Notion "We Are Born To Rule" And Its Now Irrelevancies (423 Views)

This Why Northern Nigeria Is Born To Rule And Dominate Other Nigerians(1) / Abia State: 16 Years Of PDP Rule And This Is The Outcome / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Advent Of The Notion "We Are Born To Rule" And Its Now Irrelevancies by smithsammy(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2013
I am not a racist and am not in anyway in support of tribal sentimental actions. I believe the best way to go for us as a nation, is to work together as one. The content of this piece may portray a little bit tribal sentiments but please, its is just a mere reasonation and nothing more than that. Thank you.

I have often heard people (the hausas) saying the phrase: WE ARE BORN TO RULE, this now left me in the jungle of thoughts of how they came about that?, what prompted and propels such NOTION?, who gave them such right? And when even does it (the notion) evolved.

However, after all the thoughts, question being ask, research being carried out; I come to realize some certain things:

1) MILITARYNALISM: as we all known, the Housas love and has passion for military ever since the colonial era. they constitute the major percentage of the population of people in the military and hold PROMINENT posts in the military and this is a reflection in the time of military era of government in this country where the major percentage of head-of-states and public office holders are Housas. I must say the military era of government favored the Housas and it is in this era that they field themselves into all the nooks and crannies of the government of this country and also, it is in this era that the notion, WE ARE BORN TO RULE emerged.

2)EDUCATIVE AND BUSINESS LIFE STYLE OF THE IGBOS: the Igbos on the other hand do not trooped into the military like the Housas. Doing business is their zeal and passion. They are in virtually all countries of the world doing one form of business or the other and this has helped them in term of exposure and helped them become a multi-cultured people. The IGBOS are very smart and enterprising and are force to be reckon in this country's economy. The Igbos do not enjoy much in the military era of government owing to the fact that they are less represented in the military force.

3)EDUCATION AS A PRIORITY OF THE YORUBAS: Yorubas greatest passion is for education and this has helped them in their quick development and diversity, this has helped them to be recognized in all part of the world and has gained them a strong DIGNITY around the world. Yorubas are multi-cultured and are more exposed to modern way of doing things and also, modern way of maintaining an economy. education has helped them to be more sophisticated and more creative. Yoruba also, is less represented in the military force. So they also enjoy less in the military regime.

CONCLUSION: the military regime has come and gone and had give all it has to offer. The Hausas enjoy the major percentage of all the goodies unlike the yorubas and igbos.

TOday, CIVILIAN GOVERNING is the other of the day, the Yorubas and Igbos are taking over. They have the best leadership and administrative skills because of their education and exposure. both the leaders and the leaded in the Yoruba and Igbo states are developing in all sectors. Their exposure and solid international relation has drawn foreign investors to their various states and this has helped them in all areas. Today, the notion: WE ARE BORN TO RULE has lost it esteem. It is now irrelevant. The world has changed and the Housas are yet to realize this.

Thanks to Azikwe and Awolowo who forsee the needs for education.

(1) (Reply)

A Glimpse To 2015 (the APC) / INEC Declares Obiano Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll / Could Mandela's Meeting Turn To A Time Of Reconcilliation For World Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.