Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This (3087 Views)

Lucky Igbinedion Replies Oshiomole, Names Him “benin City’s Biggest Thief” / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2013
Ok. Ok. I saw the video of how a governor brutally told a hapless, struggling, street hawker who happens to be a widow to "go and die" seizing all her goods from her in such a cold manner. I was like, "haba Oshiobaba, e neva reach to die nau!" Then I come to work this morning and everyone is discussing it, I log on to face book, twitter, and now Nairaland and everybody is discussing it. My BBM contacts are BCing the video and everyone is expressing their disgust and labeling him names from wicked to inhuman to insensitive.

Now, let us remove the sentiments from our minds and delve deeper into this thing.

1. I saw someone's comment somewhere where he said that he will send the video to BBC to show them how our leaders treat the poor and I was like "really?"
You honestly believe that David Cameron, The queen of England or even Obama would have given a hoot about the tears of a widow who broke a forbidden law? Have you ever been to oyibo land? Do you see hawkers on the streets?? Oh ok, why not advice the widow to and hawk on the streets of London nau, lets see if they will not arrest her!
Why do you think oyibo land is like that? because their laws are blind! They don't give a hoot if you are rich, poor, blind, crippled, lost, sad, happy, or suicidal, YOU MUST FACE THE LAW! They can sha help assist you with social services AFTER you have faced the initial music.

2. Is this not the same Oshiomole who gave scholarship to a stowaway kid (another law breaker) some months back? And I hear he also has hundreds of "adopted" children (total strangers) whom he caters for from his own pocket. So how can that same man be called "wicked" or "inhuman"? Don't you think you are being too quick to judge him??

See, people say stuff at the height of their anger and we all know that Oshiobaba spits fire when he's at his peak (something he needs to work on because it's really not nice) But then again, will you label someone because of one bad thing he did even if he has done 100 good things?

Thus here is my verdict. Oshiomole needs to enroll for anger management courses. He also needs to learn social graces and etiquette. As a public figure, he needs to watch and shut his trap more often and learn how to interact with diverse people.

To me he still remains a man no nonsense man who is also passionate about what he believes in. A man who if you are opportune to encounter, could make you smile to the bank or wherever provided you are at your best behavior!

People need to learn how to read between the lines, look DEEPER at all sides of an issue without sentiments before casting judgement on people for their actions.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by jmoore(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2013
1. Is the woman really a hawker? It seems she was caught in the exercise while waiting for a bus.

2. "Go and die". What is wrong is wrong, telling someone to go and die is wickedness.

That he gave scholarship to a kid means nothing. Even Devil gives gifts to some people.
After this recent incident I am no longer a fan of Oshiomole.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by strangest(m): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2013
OP, abeg delete this your thread... Go and Die... Hope you see nothing wrong with it grin
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2013
jmoore: 1. Is the woman really a hawker? It seems she was caught in the exercise while waiting for a bus.

2. "Go and die". What is wrong is wrong, telling someone to go and die is wickedness.

That he gave scholarship to a kid means nothing. Even Devil gives gifts to some people.
After this recent incident I am no longer a fan of Oshiomole.

Caught in exercise? What kind of exercise?

Of course even my own respect for him went down a few notches after hearing "go and die" that is why I say he needs anger management classes.

The devil gives gifts, but they are not free. Oshiomole gives freely when he gives. There's a difference dear. Can you honestly say that you have never done any thing that pricks your conscience when you remember it? How many rich people today have foster kids??

Your judgement of him is too harsh and too quick.

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by omiobo: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2013
Those words are harsh,nothing to say to justify osho's ugly response. Nevertheless,Osho needs to be forgiven.
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2013
strangest: OP, abeg delete this your thread... Go and Die... Hope you see nothing wrong with it grin

LOL!

Anyway, I know people will castigate me here for this thread. Fortunately and unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who likes to make my own assessments of things before making my verdict. I look deeper and wider before I decide what's what.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2013
omiobo: Those words are harsh,nothing to say to justify osho's ugly response. Nevertheless,Osho needs to be forgiven.

Exactly! Let's not forget also that had this been the U.S or U.K, the woman would have been in jail by now and later deported to wherever she came from! That's just the weird truth and I like to tell myself the truth!
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by nnanyereugo(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

LOL!

Anyway, I know people will castigate me here for this thread. Fortunately and unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who likes to make my own assessments of things before making my verdict. I look deeper and wider before I decide what's what.

Cheers!
u wit ur oshoimole shuld "Go n Die" jaree
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by jmoore(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Caught in exercise? What kind of exercise?
The exercise to remove hawkers from the streets.
One can be waiting for a bus on the road with goods and be caught up in the exercise. We don't really know if she is a hawker or not

Sweetlemon:
Exactly! Let's not forget also that had this been the U.S or U.K, the woman would have been
in jail by now and later deported to wherever she came from! That's just the weird truth and I
like to tell myself the truth!

And how do you think americans will react if Obama tells someone "Go and die"?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2013
jmoore:
One can be waiting for a bus on the road with goods and be caught up in the exercise. We don't really know if she is a hawker or not

Look.... the phrase, ''go and die'' used to be quite a common one in Naija a couple of decades ago or so, mostly used in banter among friends which turns a little ugly.....and was never really meant in the literal sense by the user. That's Oshiomole's old school self talking. We need to put things in perspective. People are acting as if he actually killed the woman!

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 29, 2013
Poster.
By your reasoning I am very positive that you didn't watch the clip. Or you are probably too one sided. I am yet to seee any street hawker in present day Nigeria that hawks well packaged cartons of goods and juice still very much in its carton. Sealed bags of well packaged chips and snacks. She wasn't a hawker, her only crime is that she doesn't have her own car to transport her goods. Her only crime is because she was a poor widow with no defence.
They were hawkers in the clip, (pure water sellers and others) those weren't attacked because they were light and could run. Oshomole has too much wrong doings in his hands. He has just shot himself in the foot. Watch the clip again.
I wish an activist would press charges on her behalf... Not because she was by the road side, but that her fundamental human rights of freedom of movement withing tthe soveriegn state of Nigeria has been compromised.

10 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Acidosis(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2013
A woman who broke the law ought to be arrested.

If your Oshiomolest was really concerned about the law, he would have ordered an immediate arrest of the "imaginary hawker" alongside other hawkers on the street.

Using an inhumane word on a law breaker is offensive, unacceptable, barbaric, devilish, f00lish and ofcourse punishable (don't ask me how).

Oshiomole is not concerned about the law at that point.. But he was led to act on the influence of power and alcohol..
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2013
jmoore:

The Americans will probably be more interested in knowing why the hell the woman was hawking in their streets in the first place! Those people don't take these things lightly at all!

From that video, I don't think she was just caught in the exercise. She was indeed hawking and we all know that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying Oshiomole is justified, I thought I have written countless times that he needs anger management classes? What I am saying is that you guys are being far too sentimental about this. Forgetting the wider sphere of this issue. That's all
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Danhumprey: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2013
The fact is the statement he made is more painful than whatever action he carried on her! How can you tell a fellow human being, much less a widow,to go and die? That's just plain heartless! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Look.... the phrase, ''go and die'' used to be quite a common one in Naija a couple of decades ago or so, mostly used in banter among friends which turns a little ugly.....and was never really meant in the literal sense by the user. That's Oshiomole's old school self talking. We need to put things in perspective. People are acting as if he actually pulled out a knife and stabbed the woman!

God bless people like you jare!

Like I have been saying, let any of these people here go and try hawking on the streets of London and come back and tell us their story.
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Acidosis(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Look.... the phrase, ''go and die'' used to be quite a common one in Naija a couple of decades ago or so, mostly used in banter among friends which turns a little ugly.....and was never really meant in the literal sense by the user. That's Oshiomole's old school self talking. We need to put things in perspective. People are acting as if he actually pulled out a knife and stabbed the woman!

Sorry sir, a man who is not ready to drop his s!lly ulterances should not think of becoming a leader/public servant..

Oshiomole's old school self should have died a very long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

The Americans will probably be more interested in knowing why the hell the woman was hawking in their streets in the first place! Those people don't take these things lightly at all!

From that video, I don't think she was just caught in the exercise. She was indeed hawking and we all know that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying Oshiomole is justified, I thought I have written countless times that he needs anger management classes? What I am saying is that you guys are being far too sentimental about this. Forgetting the wider sphere of this issue. That's all

True... Nigeria is one of the few places where people think they can beg their way out of trouble after violating the law. I've seen this happen abroad a lot, where a Nigerian caught for one thing or another starts to beg the officer. It's embarrassing to watch. They simply do not listen to begging in these other countries. They even see it as a curiosity. Wondering why the hell is he begging? They don't understand it. If you're caught, you're caught. Just serve the punishment/pay the fine and go. Why beg?
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by veraponpo(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2013
People can be funny.

I was amazed at the level of condemnations the action of the governor received. Let us consider the following situations and peoples actions:

Situation Action

1. A situation where a trailer loses control and crutches her on that road We don't have government in this country

2. She is kicked by a hit and run vehicle Our law enforcement is poor

Etc,

Let us know that as much as Mr Oshiomole's tone is harsh and his choice of words were bad, every law breaker must be punished for his offense be it widow or widower. The law is not a respecter of persons. Same people criticizing Oshiomole will go to South Africa or Ghana tomorrow and say we have no government in Nigeria.
I bet you that no woman be it widow or married will dare do that on that same day. It is painful she was the scape goat but somebody must be.

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by veraponpo(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2013
veraponpo:
[b]People can be funny.

I was amazed at the level of condemnations the action of the governor received. Let us consider the following situations and peoples actions:

Situation Action

1. A situation where a trailer loses control and crutches her on that road We don't have government in this country

Etc,

Let us know that as much as Mr Oshiomole's tone is harsh and his choice of words were bad, every law breaker must be punished for his offense be it widow or widower. The law is not a respecter of persons. Same people criticizing Oshiomole will go to South Africa or Ghana tomorrow and say we have no government in Nigeria.
I bet you [/b]that no woman be it widow or married will dare do that on that same day. It is painful she was the scape goat but somebody must be.
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by jmoore(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Look.... the phrase, ''go and die'' used to be quite a common one in Naija a couple of decades ago or so, mostly used in banter among friends which turns a little ugly.....and was never really meant in the literal sense by the user. That's Oshiomole's old school self talking. We need to put things in perspective. People are acting as if he actually killed the woman!
He is a man in authority for crying out loud. He should be held responsible for any word that comes out from his mouth. Verbal abuse can be as harmful as physical abuse

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by SlyIg(f): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2013
Op, go and die joor!
Was that poor woman hawking?
A woman that just highlighted from the bus and trying to park her luggage?
Those goods were still in cartons but not displayed good!

And did you just compare oyibo land to Nigeria?
Do you even imagine how that poor widow will feed now as her only source of garri has been seized by the wealthy governor! May God forgive you OP!!!

4 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by theoctopus: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2013
You open a thread just to get cheap attention from a widow's plight? You have no shame. Get out of oshiomole's azz.!

Oshiomole is not fit to be a leader in society. He is an impostor. The law is made for an, not man for the law. In Europe and America, Oshiomole would have resigned already. No sane leader ever talks down on the led and people like you who support such prehistoric acts are despicable. Stop being a sycophant for once in your life. It is people like you that come here to shout that the masses are suffering, yet you defend oshiomole because it somehow, benefits you.

Very despicable thread by a shameless sycophant.

9 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:

True... Nigeria is one of the few places where people think they can beg their way out of trouble after violating the law. I've seen this happen abroad a lot, where a Nigerian caught for one thing or another starts to beg the officer. It's embarrassing to watch. They simply do not listen to begging in these other countries. They even see it as a curiosity. Wondering why the hell is he begging? They don't understand it. If you're caught, you're caught. Just serve the punishment/pay the fine and go. Why beg?

If only we had more objective people like you in this part of the world..........
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by jmoore(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

And they will let the President or Governor go scot-free? In USA? I doubt that.

Sweetlemon:
Most Nigerians don't agree.
Sweetlemon:
Most Nigerians won't criticize him if he didn't utter such words. He went too far by saying those words and Nigerians have reacted.
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2013
It is not just the 'go and die'. That might remotely be excused as 'old school'. It is the full context. 'You are a widow. Go and die'. Oshi Omo ole is not old school he is old I'd!ot.

Ps. @ poster is one of many women working for this brute and has been on the receiving end of his infamously huge kondo.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by mayorall(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2013
GAD ( go and die).
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2013
1) Hoping this woman is not a hawker.
2) Hoping a hater voice-over Oshiomole's statements to destroy his reputation.
3) Hoping also Comrade will explain, cos this single event will destroy him politically, FOREVER.
If all said were true, I am advising Comrade advisers' (if they happen to come across this post) to tell him THE ONLY WAY TO REDEEM HIS IMAGE is to apologize to this woman.
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2013
theoctopus: You open a thread just to get cheap attention from a widow's plight? You have no shame. Get out of oshiomole's azz.!

Oshiomole is not fit to be a leader in society. He is an impostor. The law is made for an, not man for the law. In Europe and America, Oshiomole would have resigned already. No sane leader ever talks down on the led and people like you who support such prehistoric acts are despicable. Stop being a sycophant for once in your life. It is people like you that come here to shout that the masses are suffering, yet you defend oshiomole because it somehow, benefits you.

Very despicable thread by a shameless sycophant.

You don't know the meaning of the word "sycophant"

A sycophant is one who sees nothing wrong with the person he supports even while he praises him/her to the high heavens.
Now where have I praised Oshiomole Did I not say he needs anger management classes and social etiquette?

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2013
veraponpo:
People can be funny.

Situation Action

Etc,

I bet you that no woman be it widow or married will dare do that on that same day. It is painful she was the scape goat but somebody must be.

Please help me tell them

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by agabaI23(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon: Ok. Ok. I saw the video of how a governor brutally told a hapless, struggling, street hawker who happens to be a widow to "go and die" seizing all her goods from her in such a cold manner. I was like, "haba Oshiobaba, e neva reach to die nau!" Then I come to work this morning and everyone is discussing it, I log on to face book, twitter, and now Nairaland and everybody is discussing it. My BBM contacts are BCing the video and everyone is expressing their disgust and labeling him names from wicked to inhuman to insensitive.

Now, let us remove the sentiments from our minds and delve deeper into this thing.

1. I saw someone's comment somewhere where he said that he will send the video to BBC to show them how our leaders treat the poor and I was like "really?"
You honestly believe that David Cameron, The queen of England or even Obama would have given a hoot about the tears of a widow who broke a forbidden law? Have you ever been to oyibo land? Do you see hawkers on the streets?? Oh ok, why not advice the widow to and hawk on the streets of London nau, lets see if they will not arrest her!
Why do you think oyibo land is like that? because their laws are blind! They don't give a hoot if you are rich, poor, blind, crippled, lost, sad, happy, or suicidal, YOU MUST FACE THE LAW! They can sha help assist you with social services AFTER you have faced the initial music.

2. Is this not the same Oshiomole who gave scholarship to a stowaway kid (another law breaker) some months back? And I hear he also has hundreds of "adopted" children (total strangers) whom he caters for from his own pocket. So how can that same man be called "wicked" or "inhuman"? Don't you think you are being too quick to judge him??

See, people say stuff at the height of their anger and we all know that Oshiobaba spits fire when he's at his peak (something he needs to work on because it's really not nice) But then again, will you label someone because of one bad thing he did even if he has done 100 good things?

Thus here is my verdict. Oshiomole needs to enroll for anger management courses. He also needs to learn social graces and etiquette. As a public figure, he needs to watch and shut his trap more often and learn how to interact with diverse people.

To me he still remains a man no nonsense man who is also passionate about what he believes in. A man who if you are opportune to encounter, could make you smile to the bank or wherever provided you are in your best behavior!

People need to learn how to read between the lines, look DEEPER at all sides of an issue without sentiments before casting judgement on people for their actions.

Cheers!
I am on your side.
The only thing bad was the raw ' go and die'. Laws should be obeyed. No sentiments!!!

1 Like

Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by Sweetlemon(f): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2013
jmoore:
And they will let the President or Governor go scot-free? In USA? I doubt that.

Most Nigerians don't agree.

Most Nigerians won't criticize him if he didn't utter such words. He went too far by saying those words and Nigerians have reacted.

They might not let the president go scot-free, but I bet with you that they will give more attention to the person who dared to hawk in their streets!

Why don't you just go and try it there, please make sure a Obama is passing by o, then come back here to gist us on your experience?
Re: Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This by ochejoseph(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2013
Op you will, read this your thread in one months time and regret every word you penned down ,it has happened to me before .

last night I tried to justify Oshio babas actions but the more I replayed the video the more I see the cruelty in the whole stuff .
Its simply unacceptable.

For a long long time to come Oshiomole will be undisputed poster child for Gov cruelty and lack of compassion .
When I followed him as an undergraduate in 2002 to protest the Fuel price hike I never knew power could transform him so quickly,
But he can still turn this blunder in his favour if he is wise ,

The man simply forgot that in the 21st century even akara seller can bring down a gov

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Cannot Win In 2015---Asari Dokubo / What Is This Nairaland 1and 2? / Address Nigerians on Baga massacre, not Buhari’s certificate – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.