Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,247 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation (6337 Views)

Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra: The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Herdsmen / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Can The Fg Make Anambra The Industrial And Technological Hub Of Nigeria/africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Zonacom(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
asha 80: this kind of place exists in anambra?
Yea bro. Have been there once. Just pure nature
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by ak47mann(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
APGA GI EGWUOOO cool
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by asha80(m): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
Zona.com:

Yea bro. Have been there once. Just pure nature
and some people believe it should not be explored now?
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=asha 80]this kind of place exists in anambra?[/quote.]. I have been here, very nice caves and water-fall.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by investnow2013: 12:05am On Dec 12, 2013
MajeMedia: Ogba waterfall, Owerre-Ezukala, Anambra.

This is A GoldMine!. What is Stopping Those in Govt over The years in Anambra-State not to develop This ECONOMIC MANNA I don't know!

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 12, 2013
invest-now2013:
This is A GoldMine!. What is Stopping Those in Govt over The years in Anambra-State not to develop This ECONOMIC MANNA I don't know!
This is really nice.
There are many places in Anambra so well preserved. Usually around the Nwaochi,
Naochi is a stream reserved for drinking water, the water is usually sourced from a rock outcrop, so there is usually a pool below it, that is dammed and undisturbed. Wish I could get pics of the two I have seen in my village, both are tributaries to Haaba Agulu River.

Can someone located the position of this water fall on google map, please post the latitude and longitudes.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by MajeMedia: 4:57am On Dec 12, 2013
invest-now2013:

I don't know either. Anambra has ancient pyramids, waterfalls and a large coast line yet the leadership of the state hasn't even started considering tourism. I don't know what the mentality is in the state but it's the hardest to figure out in Nigeria
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by MajeMedia: 5:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Freewilly(f): 5:27am On Dec 12, 2013
*subscribe*
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by MajeMedia: 5:34am On Dec 12, 2013
Akwa, Anambra

[img]http://2.bp..com/-RGZgikYQT8g/TnOuHioa-yI/AAAAAAAADgA/OxykiCsGZVk/s1600/Late%2BChristy%2527s%2Bbody%2Btaken%2Bin%2Ba%2Bmotorcade%2Bacross%2BAwka%2Btownship.%2B%25284%2529.JPG[/img]
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Freewilly(f): 5:46am On Dec 12, 2013
More pictures please.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Zonacom(m): 7:02am On Dec 12, 2013
asha 80: and some people believe it should not be explored now?
Dont mind those hypocrites. Anybody who goes there would wonder why the state govt neglects the place. And when the govt decides to do something (like they are doing at agulu lake), same people will come out to shout 'misuse of public funds'.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Zonacom(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2013
invest-now2013:

What i saw there in 2011 when i visited was a beautiful waterfall and cave wasting away. The road leading to the place was very bad and almost unmotarable. At a point we had to treck for a long distance on foot through slopes to locate the place. I think it will cost the govt a lot to fix the place to required standards. But i have no doubt the govt will get a lot of revenue from the place if fixed.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by IKEMBANNEWI: 8:11am On Dec 12, 2013
Zona.com:

What i saw there in 2011 when i visited was a beautiful waterfall and cave wasting away. The road leading to the place was very bad and almost unmotarable. At a point we had to treck for a long distance on foot through slopes to locate the place. I think it will cost the govt a lot to fix the place to required standards. But i have no doubt the govt will get a lot of revenue from the place if fixed.
Although i agree with the notion that the site should be developed into a tourist attraction, i think it's pertinent to note that, the tranquilty and serenity of the site could be endangered with such a venture if not properly managed! And Nigerians are none to have poor maintenance culture, i wouldnt like to see that place littered with polyethene bags, sachet water and some filthy people might even pee and daefecate in the water, that place in matter of months would just metarmophose into an environmental disaster. That's probably the reason successive Gov't have refused to develop the site. Moreover, the people there might hold the waterfall sacred(traditionalist), and thus wouldnt buy the idea of the place being "desecrated" by ''unbelievers''. Methinks alot of hurldles might have stalled different Gov'ts from developing the place, like Investnow now said that place is no doubt a 'Goldmine'
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Zona.com:

Hey Zona, can you locate that place on google map. I too would like to visit it.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Garrithe1st: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2013
Uninspiring!!!!

angry angry angry
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by Kponkwem(m): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2013
Dahomey Amazon: Anambra the light of biafra. Empty roads without markings, Is everyone always on holiday or they moved to more habitable regions

He must have taken the shots on a Sunday or holiday. Anambra is heavily populated. Clean, laid-out streets are the mark of order and sanity. Hope they might have began restoring same in Anambra.
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by investnow2013: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2013
Dahomey Amazon: Anambra the light of biafra. Empty roads without markings, Is everyone always on holiday or they moved to more habitable regions
You must be joking dear!.That road in question is one of the busiest roads in Nigeria!. Please take a Tour to This great State called ANAMBRA & your Negative thought & feelings about the State will suddenly change to appreciate the amount of Hard-Work the people of the State are putting to sustain the State & The Country! You can not see what you see in Anambra-State pertaining Private investments in every areas of economy in any other state as You see in This present Anambra-State!
Re: ANAMBRA; The LIGHT Of The Nation by investnow2013: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Zona.com:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Zone Would Produce The Next President After Buhari's Tenure? / Meaning Of EKO / Photo: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu With A Plate Of Rice In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.