Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? (11282 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. / What Does Ur Native Name Means? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by oluamid(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
adexsimply:
I think it means "OLUwa MuyIDE" which means God don carry this one come..I just guessed o..not very sure..

Wow! Thanks. This is the closest explanation/meaning I've seen for the name. Because I don't think calling someone a/an OLUwa is really what was meant when you say Olumide (My lord/God has come?).
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by satellitedaisy: 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chinelo- God dey worry about me well well
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Lol! Had to think really hard about this one.

Adannaya- Him father daughter.
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by mspee(f): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ms_pee miss wey wan pee angry

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by bikinibabe(f): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
Anjolaoluwa = we dey live by d grace of jah wink
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by sweetestguy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Vivly: Which kind question we no go see for nairaland.
Yesterday it was 'Your native name and its meaning', today it's 'Your native name and it's translation in pidgin'. I fear tomorrow's question.
tomorrow will bw ur native doctors name and its meaning grin
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by prettyboi1(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Agbo----> person Wey God don too bless.
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by sweetestguy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
Amuneke,,meaning p€ni$ de hard/rise?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by turl(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
sweetestguy: Amuneke,,meaning p€ni$ de hard/rise?
lol for real? your popsman dey vex o

@OP - Osabuoyhen(?) God na em get final say

1 Like

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by divaT: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Keneking: Mine is anu ofia meaning bush pickin
No,its means bush meat wink

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Bezed(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
make another one no happen.. That's mine
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by IGBOPRESIDENT(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
shocked Olaniyi - useless pikin# or evil boy or prodigal son.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Yahasa- Across the river.
Hehehehehehe, I dare nairalanders to translate this to pidgin. Who has the highest warri IQ here? grin
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Tchyammy(f): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chiamaka - Baba Godee fine die
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by alnaijiri(m): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abu Achmed Al-Naijiri = the Nigerian father of someone who constantly praises God
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Rejoice5000(f): 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
Who dey like my God. Onyedikachukwum./ God dey good, Chiamaka.
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
nvnnyz: yoruba dudes what does 'seun' mean?
the full name is oluwaseun, meaning God has done good thing, sometimes used interchangeably with 'thank God'

1 Like

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
(1)OLAYEMI ==>> Wealth fit me. . . . . (2)My friend's name. . . CHUKWUKADIBIA ==>> God Pass Babalawo !!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
pretty_boi: Agbo----> person Wey God don too bless.
. . . . . . . Or shepe. . . (local dry gin!!!)
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Odycute(f): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
Odichinma- It pleases God. *I no sabi hw to talk d pidgin version,biko.
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Cynthia29: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Iruoma ; future wey dey bright

1 Like

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Ezemust: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
scipher: Ogirigbamila - na wall comot me for trouble lipsrsealed
c ur head like ogorimagongo.wall tinz on point
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Ezemust: 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chinemerem.na God de do am 4 me
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Ezemust: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
Glocee: God dey near me - CHINOMSO
dat na boys name nw
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Ezemust: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
killsmith: chukwumerije- God don travel
travel with keke?
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Cajobaby: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2013
Chisom meanin God Dey follow Me

Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Etianwanokon: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2013
Mine is Etianwan - Meaning Good Woman
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2013
Ezemust: dat na boys name nw

I have a very pretty lady friend called Chinomso.
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by smartg(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Ogbonnaya- papa name sake
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by maureenkell: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
Kelechi means praise God
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by LadyH(f): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
kool J: So this is the pidgin version of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1534926/whats-native-name-meaning. So nairalanders, what's the pidgin equivalent of your native name?

Mine's chinonyerem= God dey (my side) grin grin grin

What's yours? Let the fun begin!!!
name sake. myn's Chukwunonyelum. ofu ife!
Re: What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? by Neckyblue(f): 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nneka - my Mama owe ground pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Book On The Ibibio Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.