Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday (4238 Views)

Photos: Biafra Protest In Onitsha Yesterday / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) / Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by cupid4ig(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2013
Pls I don't know where to post this hope the moderators helps in moving it to the right section. There was a Fatal multiple accident yesterday at the busy Upper Iweka in Onitsha, Anambra State under the fly-over where eight people were feared dead and scores of others seriously injured including 3 soldiers. I arrived late so I couldn't count the number of people dead but people I asked said its 8 people. The accident was caused by a trailer that failed brake. The trailer was carrying rice and was heading towards asaba when the brakes failed. From nitel near asaba motor park at upper iweka the trailer hit a bus fully loaded with passengers sending it over a concrete that demarcate the expressway to the pedestrian side. Then under the fly over it hit an army pickup van injuring 2 soldiers and and another 607 peugeot car that was heading to asaba, a hit that send the car facing backward as if the car was going one way, the 607 ended up on top of another soldier making it 3 soldiers wounded. Then in front of young shall grow park it hit 2 buses a toyota hiace bus and nother Toyota bus (ekiti state transport scheme bus) the 2 buses were fully loaded with passengers, the toyota hiace bus going to lagos and the other one going to ekiti state, it crushed another toyota hilux pickup van. The trailer finally stopped when it rammed into another trailer heading towards asaba too. It was really an eyesore yesterday, blood everywhere.

moderators pls moove too the right section thanks.
Edited pics now uploaded. am sorry couldnt snap the army pickup and the wounded soldiers cos i dont want slap for this xmas, but it was pretty bad

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by cupid4ig(m): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
more pics

1 Like

Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by lertee(f): 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thank God you know the English is bad. angry
i wish a Peaceful rest to the dead and quick recovery to the injured. sad
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by cupid4ig(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
lertee: Thank God you know the English is bad. angry
What caused the accident,bad road or reckless driving? You didn't state any of this,you just wrote to describe those it affected.
did u read the post at all or u just come here to look for bad english mrs english teacher rubbish
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by cupid4ig(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
pic

1 Like

Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by lertee(f): 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
cupid4ig: did u read the post at all or u just come here to look for bad english mrs english teacher rubbish
Oya sorry,don't yab me...you just modified it. undecided
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by cupid4ig(m): 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
lertee:
Oya sorry,don't yab me...you just modified it. undecided
oya sorry too kiss kiss kiss
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by borntobegr8t(m): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
This Is really devil at work shocked , God have mercy
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Poorly maintained roads and yet Peter Adaobi still wants 3rd term! I pity Ndi Anambra angry angry
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by Ohaneze1: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Now the roads are nylon tarred now in Onitsha motorists are speeding like tomorrow no dey..
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by Annie2gud(f): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
Oh just sharaap for christ sake.Awon Nanny Mc phee.
lertee: Thank God you know the English is bad. angry
must you display ur stupidity.Pass ur prayers and move on.
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by Annie2gud(f): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Rip
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by juman(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
There should be yearly vehicle inspection to certify that the vehicles are fit to be on the road.

Old vehicles should be certified twice per year. This is very necessary.

Abeg nigeria is not a country.
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by Ngwakwe: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
The storyline has it that the Trailer had brake failure. You no send shia, all na politics.

Ngene-Ukwenu:
Poorly maintained roads and yet Peter Adaobi still wants 3rd term! I pity Ndi Anambra angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Very sad. I wonder what can be done to stop the havoc caused by articulated vehicles on our highways? FRSC and the road worthy people have alot of work to do. Very unfortunate.
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
The movement of Trailers, lorries, trucks & other articulated vehicles should be restricted btw 12 midnight and 5.30 am.
Re: Fatal Multiple Accident In Onitsha Yesterday by lertee(f): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
Annie2gud: Oh just sharaap for christ sake.Awon Nanny Mc phee.must you display ur stupidity.Pass ur prayers and move on.
undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA Told To KEEP Quite at Last Minute at the Security Council this evening / Breaking:army,airforce,police Has Fallen,fearless ‪‎biafrans‬ Takes Ova Igweocha / 50% Of All The Poor People In The World Are in These Five Countries - World bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.