Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Are All Lawyers Liars? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Lawyers Liars? (1553 Views)

There Are No Atheists, Just Self Denial Liars... / Christian Liars Are Finaly Exposed, Original Bible Later Found / All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2013
I don't really gerrit, can one practice law and still make heaven or practice law without telling lies. Like they say, "Lawyers are liars". . .NL christians/pastors lets hear your thoughts.
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Nehemiah459(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2013
Gab-real:
I don't really gerrit, can one practice law and still make heaven or practice law without telling lies. Like they say, "Lawyers are liars". . .NL christians/pastors lets hear your thoughts.
Am not a Christian but I will tell you that Lawyers make heaven. They Practice their profession and its their duty to save their clients cos thats what they are paid for..i.e. They are debtors to their clients.
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Dec 01, 2013
Not sure you in in the right section! This should be in General.

@Op, No! Not all lawyers are liars!
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by martronilla: 6:45am On Dec 01, 2013
If I hear
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2013
Nehemiah459: Am not a Christian but I will tell you that Lawyers make heaven. They Practice their profession and its their duty to save their clients cos thats what they are paid for..i.e. They are debtors to their clients.
At times they knw their clients are wrong, buh dey lie to win d case.
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 6:46am On Dec 01, 2013
martronilla: If I hear
Lol... you a lawyer?
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 6:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Gombs: Not sure you in in the right section! This should be in General
lets leave dat to d mods.
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by greatgod2012(f): 7:10am On Dec 01, 2013
I'm not in position to say anyone is going to hell or heaven, but what i know is that they have to practise their profession in such a way that it is acceptable to both man and God.

@op, i've seen a lawyer who told his client that there is no way he could win a particular case, that what he would only ask for in the court is for the judge to tamper mercy with his judgement, can we say such a lawyer is a liar?

1 Like

Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 7:29am On Dec 01, 2013
greatgod2012: I'm not in position to say anyone is going to hell or heaven, but what i know is that they have to practise their profession in such a way that it is acceptable to both man and God.

@op, i've seen a lawyer who told his client that there is no way he could win a particular case, that what he would only ask for in the court is for the judge to tamper mercy with his judgement, can we say such a lawyer is a liar?
probably not, buh can we say he's a good lawyer?
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by jayriginal: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2013
greatgod2012: I'm not in position to say anyone is going to hell or heaven, but what i know is that they have to practise their profession in such a way that it is acceptable to both man and God.

Gab-real:
probably not, buh can we say he's a good lawyer?

Thats delving into legal ethics.

As for the OP, most people regardless of profession are liars. You yourself probably lie fluently grin

Why single out lawyers?
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2013
jayriginal:

Thats delving into legal ethics.

As for the OP, most people regardless of profession are liars. You yourself probably lie fluently grin

Why single out lawyers?
"why single out lawyers? " cus of the saying, "lawyers are liars"
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 10:28am On Dec 01, 2013
Cus of the saying, "lawyers are liars".
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by jayriginal: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Gab-real:
Cus of the saying, "lawyers are liars".

How about politicians? Buyers and sellers nko?
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
jayriginal:

How about politicians? Buyers and sellers nko?
My point is, as a politician, u can do well in ur job even if u don't tell lies, but can lawyers do well?
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by FOWOSIRE: 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
why not? most people in the bible were not pastors, prophets, david was a shepherd appointed by God to be a politician, daniel a politician, paul was a lawyer and God recruited him and I think it was said that he was a upright one too. and.being a lawyer does not necessarily make you a liar.
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by asam7(f): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
I think all lawyers are liars
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by jayriginal: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
Gab-real:
My point is, as a politician, u can do well in ur job even if u don't tell lies, but can lawyers do well?

How about pastors/priests/clergy?

You do know though that in some places, there is a distinction between an advocate and a solicitor. In any case, I think you have a conclusion in your head already. I deduce this from your quote about politicians being able to do well even if they dont tell lies.
Re: Are All Lawyers Liars? by Gabreal1(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2013
jayriginal:

How about pastors/priests/clergy?

You do know though that in some places, there is a distinction between an advocate and a solicitor. In any case, I think you have a conclusion in your head already. I deduce this from your quote about politicians being able to do well even if they dont tell lies.
Bro, u don't seem to get me, me talking bawt lawyers being liars doesn't mean people in other professions don't tell lies, im just choosing to talk bawt lawyers.

(1) (Reply)

Was There A World Before Adam Was Created? / We Don’t Dabble In Politics –RCCG / Level Of Debate On This Forum Is Disappointing...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.