Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,950 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? (952 Views)

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by ayodeji752: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
I hav been thinking abt dat topic for a very long time. I'm a Christian by birth and anytime i go to church,my pastor always say God knows d end frm d beginning. Dat means God must hav known there wont be peace in d world before sending d so called prophets if truly God exist.pls guys,Muslim and Christians come in and tell me d reason why God sent many prophets dat is now causing hatred among ppl on earth
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by Kei144(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
Problem is, how do you verify that God actually sent them?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by DoctorStephen(m): 5:16am On Dec 07, 2013
ayodeji752: I hav been thinking abt dat topic for a very long time. I'm a Christian by birth and anytime i go to church,my pastor always say God knows d end frm d beginning. Dat means God must hav known there wont be peace in d world before sending d so called prophets if truly God exist.pls guys,Muslim and Christians come in and tell me d reason why God sent many prophets dat is now causing hatred among ppl on earth

The prophets sent by God have the SAME SPIRIT OF GOD in them,so they are united in what they prophesy or teach.
Those causing confusion were NOT SENT by GOD!

Or,can anyone stop you,if today,you start calling yourself one,but the judgement day is forthcoming.
By their fruits we know them!
Don't confuse yourself,problems in this world came from man cooperating with satan.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by DoctorStephen(m): 5:26am On Dec 07, 2013
Kei144: Problem is, how do you verify that God actually sent them?

This is how.
Read your Bible.
Take the Bible as the final authority on all matter
It is the
"Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth"
If anyone speaks against the Bible,disproofs the Bible,and doesn't live by the Bible,that is the sign that you've met a FALSE PROPHET.

God's own Prophets speak the truth
and so may have many enemies!
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 07, 2013
op....there is no evidence that God exists in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by harbiola1(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2013
ayodeji752: I hav been thinking abt dat topic for a very long time. I'm a Christian by birth and anytime i go to church,my pastor always say God knows d end frm d beginning. Dat means God must hav known there wont be peace in d world before sending d so called prophets if truly God exist.pls guys,Muslim and Christians come in and tell me d reason why God sent many prophets dat is now causing hatred among ppl on earth

Hatred towards prophets is nt a new thing, u can see that in the OT. It's because satanic activities always seem convenient for man, so they'll willingly obey satan and disobey God. Whereas, Salvation is exclusive to those that obey God. God would raise a prophet to admonish godly and forbid ungodly activities. After sometime, people would become weaker in faith and started slipping towards their ungodliness. It's not a matter of confusion, NO prophet has ever saved all the people of his prophetic time.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by italo: 9:15am On Dec 07, 2013
That a man claims to be a "prophet" doesnt mean he was sent by God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by italo: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2013
DoctorStephen:

This is how.
Read your Bible.
It is the
"Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth"
If anyone speaks against the Bible,disproofs the Bible,and doesn't live by the Bible,that is the sign that you've met a FALSE PROPHET.

While you have made some good points, I feel compelled to correct the bold.

The Bible is not the final authority on matters of faith and morals.

The Church is.

If you disagree, tell me at what point in time the Bible became such.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by italo: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2013
DoctorStephen:

This is how.
Read your Bible.
It is the
"Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth"

The Church is.

Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2013
italo:

The Church is.

Well, the church compiled the bible

But then, the church is man made....

confusion.....
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by italo: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well, the church compiled the bible

But then, the church is man made....

confusion.....

The bold is your opinion which you are well entitled to.

Christians dont believe the Church is man-made.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 07, 2013
italo:

The bold is your opinion which you are well entitled to.

Christians dont believe the Church is man-made.

I hate that word "believe"

Who made the church if not man? Educate me
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by irreligious: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2013
God and religion are creations of men so there will be many ''prophets''.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by italo: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I hate that word "believe"

Who made the church if not man? Educate me

Should I educate you in another thread?

You don't believe God exists. Simple.

We would be derailing the thread if we turned it into an argument for God's existence or not.

I believe the OP is talking with the presumption that God exists.

There is time for everything.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by harbiola1(m): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2013
italo: That a man claims to be a "prophet" doesnt mean he was sent by God.
^^^ The precise problem that jews have with accepting jesus as the Moshiach.
Re: Why Did God Send So Many Prophets Dat Are Now Causing Confusion? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2013
italo:

Should I educate you in another thread?

You don't believe God exists. Simple.

We would be derailing the thread if we turned it into an argument for God's existence or not.

I believe the OP is talking with the presumption that God exists.

There is time for everything.

no worries

(1) (Reply)

I Committed A Taboo / Was Jesus Christ Created? / WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT ROSARY PRAYER?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.