Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,203 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure (932 Views)

2015: “obasanjo And I Have Agreed To Save Nigeria” – Atiku / If Obj Visits Me, I Will Pour Hot Water On Him - Mimiko's Mother / If Obj Stays: Who's Fault ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by MidasT(m): 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
Fellow country men of Nairaland, its time to be honest with ourselves. If OBJ had died during his first tenure as president of Nigeria, would Atiku have agreed to run for one tenure only, when he is entitled to two? Would the north ask him to step down or carry on with his two constitutionally allowed and guaranteed tenure? Honest opinions please, not hating #APC.

1 Like

Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by chuky117: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
MidasT: Fellow country men of Nairaland, its time to be honest with ourselves. If OBJ had died during his first tenure as president of Nigeria, would Atiku have agreed to run for one tenure only, when he is entitled to two? Would the north ask him to step down or carry on with his two constitutionally allowed and guaranteed tenure? Honest opinions please, not hating #APC.

Very good question. I am waiting for answers
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by tomakint: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
MidasT: Fellow country men of Nairaland, its time to be honest with ourselves. If OBJ had died during his first tenure as president of Nigeria, would Atiku have agreed to run for one tenure only, when he is entitled to two? Would the north ask him to step down or carry on with his two constitutionally allowed and guaranteed tenure? Honest opinions please, not hating #APC.
Trust me, they (APC e-touts) must have something to say to defend their warped views, just wait and see! I love the brilliance of your question!

1 Like

Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by CuteTj(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Obj didn't die so you can never get answers to that question. Please ask other serious questions.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by talktrue1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
He may even continue the third time agenda

1 Like

Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
The important question should be why did GEJ tell the northerners that he would do just a single term.? (according to the northern politicians, that was what he agreed to behind closed doors). He was in a position of strength so why would he do that? Is he weak?
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by BishopMagic: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
Aigipan: The important question should be why did GEJ tell the northerners that he would do just a single term.? (according to the northern politicians, that was what he agreed to behind closed doors). He was in a position of strength so why would he do that? Is he weak?

If them fall muggu wetin com be our own

1 Like

Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Peinstein: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
It's up to the polity to decide who gets elected and who gets re-elected.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by nafiachi(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
He may not agree, but would play his game intelligently and carry his party ppl along. Your Man is too DUMB to think along that Line.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Incrizz(f): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
No, he wouldn't.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by jumobi1(m): 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Aigipan: The important question should be why did GEJ tell the northerners that he would do just a single term.? (according to the northern politicians, that was what he agreed to behind closed doors). He was in a position of strength so why would he do that? Is he weak?
ok maybe he lied and that's wrong...Now it's up to Nigerians to vote for or against him if he gets nominated by PDP again. No offense but Nigeria isn't the North.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by jumobi1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oh and Atiku that said he allowed OBJ be the PDP candidate in 98/99 would definitely have run again and again. It's his right if PDP nominates him.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by doncaster(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Bishop Magic:

If them fall muggu wetin com be our own
shebo dem say his name na retardeenho clueless. Now he has shown them how the game is played.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by BishopMagic: 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
doncaster: shebo dem say his name na retardeenho clueless. Now he has shown them how the game is played.

No be d person wey mumu dey lead be heavy magga?

1 Like

Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 02, 2013
Atiku? He'd be the last person to step down after one term.

You might as well not bother asking the question.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Demdem(m): 1:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Atiku can't be foolish to publicly state that he will go for a term. Jonathan even went as far as telling Nigerians in diaspora.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Nobody: 2:34am On Dec 02, 2013
jumobi1:
ok maybe he lied and that's wrong...Now it's up to Nigerians to vote for or against him if he gets nominated by PDP again. No offense but Nigeria isn't the North.

i dont care if if they were northerners really. i only said that because they were the vocal ones about the one term thingy. my point is he was in a position of strength by the constitution. why would he even agree to such in the first place? he should have stood his ground. now is backdoor agreement is haunting him and we get threats from both sides everyday.
He is weak thats a FACT! and indecisive. I am not in the business of ethnic bigotry. we can only pray ordinary citizens survive their drama after the elections. (Personally dont care who wins. doesnt change SH!TE)
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by naijaking1: 2:55am On Dec 02, 2013

He has said many times that he didn't.
Even the most educated of them all , Gov Aliyu of Niger state can't even produce any document to that effect. So, please stop trying to put words in GEJs mouth.
Re: If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 02, 2013
naijaking1:

He has said many times that he didn't.
Even the most educated of them all , Gov Aliyu of Niger state can't even produce any document to that effect. So, please stop trying to put words in GEJs mouth.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-commits-self-to-one-term/85638

I dont have time to argue with you.
like i said i dont care who wins in 2015 it doesnt change anything anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung, Hyundai To Use Nigerian Cables In Ship Building / Cong / Nairaland Out Again!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.