Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 (11079 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Ghydyon(m): 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
The Deji of Akure of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, the monarch that presides over Akureland, the Ondo State capital is dead.

Details of his passage was sketchy as of press time but our correspondent learnt on Sunday that the monarch died around 4am as a result of an unknown complication.

The 63-year-old first class paramount ruler ascended the throne about three years ago after his predecessor was deposed as a result of a street fight with one of the former monarch’s wives.

A highly competent source confirmed the death but said such announcement could only be made after seven days in accordance with tradition.

Details later.

www.punchng.com/news/deji-of-akure-dies-at-63/

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Aromas: 1:39am On Dec 02, 2013
INALILAH WAHINALILAH ROJIUM
Life is just a misery, sometimes there are bad things in good things while also there are good things in bad things which make it END TIME THINGS. This man dead the second day he gave out his daughter in marriage. Oh lord you're the only one who gives good things and people we say(ALIHAMDULILAH) meaning "THANK YOU" same goes to bad once. Oh God am using this medium to ask for your protection over me and my finance and our families and our dear SEUN nairaland owner and all active members of nairalanders who has MB gringringrin to comments just to keep there worries away protect them all.
IKU OJIJI ONI YAA ILE WA OOOOOOOOOO

7 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by gen2briz(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2013
Sun re ooooo
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by KenJak(m): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2013
Bye bye mister Deji.
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by cumpaddre(m): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2013
Who is he
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by laivwire(m): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2013
cumpaddre: Who is he

See question o. Bros abeg read the post (with your glasses)

2 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by LMAyedun(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2013
R I P, the Deji Akure
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by michaeltornwini: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2013
may is soul RIP
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by aminho(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2013
ondo again ya Allah ya salam
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by alphaconde(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2013
May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of christ rest in peace. Amen
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Fazhy: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2013
R.I.P Kabiyesi.

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2013
NL moderator d way u guys do things @times makes me wonder oh.....

2 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by greatgod2012(f): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2013
May His soul rest in peace.
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by lawsbanks: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Announcement after 7 days! Well it has been over announced already! Dead tradition tongue

2 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 02, 2013
Loving This Guys Kindly Check My Profile got a package for u
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 02, 2013
For this calamity to end, I think the people of Akure should do the right thing, recall the previous Deji of Akure that was dethroned.. If one Oba isn't dead another one shouldn't be ascend the throne . It a tradition, any attempt to float this leads to premature death and further calamities in the land... The people of Owo tried it and failed....

4 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by tope777(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2013
Ogbeche77: For this calamity to end, I think the people of Akure should do the right thing, recall the previous Deji of Akure that was dethroned.. If one Oba isn't dead another one shouldn't be ascend the throne . It a tradition, any attempt to float this leads to premature death and further calamities in the land... The people of Owo tried it and failed....
Truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 02, 2013
Ogbeche77: For this calamity to end, I think the people of Akure should do the right thing, recall the previous Deji of Akure that was dethroned.. If one Oba isn't dead another one shouldn't be ascend the throne . It a tradition, any attempt to float this leads to premature death and further calamities in the land... The people of Owo tried it and failed....
well said

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by ichommy(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2013

Fish seller from Burundi, he also an actor in Burullywood.

4 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2013
There were conflicting reports that he's still alive.
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Decapo: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2013
Call back the former oba for dis calamity to end..simple as that

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Decapo: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2013
protegesol: There were conflicting reports that he's still alive.
Where did u hear that from? He's dead and gone
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Decapo: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2013
Bance of b.faso
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by nerodenero: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2013
Spot on but the former Deji was a disgrace!!!
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Jaytee67(m): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2013
You mean the wife beating Oba? He downgraded the culture by fighting in public. I learnt that wife is dead now
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Davo93(m): 11:17am On Dec 02, 2013

The Late Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adegboye Adesida, Afunbiowo II

We need serious prayers in Ondo State to be sincere... the death rate of prominent indigenes is just too alarming!

2 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2013
nerodenero: Spot on but the former Deji was a disgrace!!!
yes the former Deji was a disgrace but the kingmakers should have chosen a regent till the oba's demise. Then they can choose a new Deji

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2013

THE NIGGER WHO BEAT HIS WIFE SOME TIME BACK
AND THEN THE YOUTHS KICKED HI A$$
Re: Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 by Davo93(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2013
What are you saying friend?? A ruler that stays on the street and extort from citizens should be reinstated? A king that takes possession unlawfully what does not belong to him be it your wife, land or valuables??

Am sorry I don't think so!

By the way, the case of Olowo of Owo that you referred to was a very different issue and a serious one. He wasn't deposed then for behaviours a king isn't expected to exhibit. His dethronement and eventual barnishing had political undertone then. Moreover, the king that was later installed then spent more than 25 years before he 'waja' cheesy. That was when the deposed king came back, at that time, the political heat was almost gone!

He even spent less than 5 years if i am not mistaken before he joined his ancestors too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Hilarious Igbo Proverbs / Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? / Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.