Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? (8218 Views)

5 Historic Sites You Should Visit In Ghana / Before You Pay That Malaysia Agent Read This / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 7:11am On Dec 02, 2013
As a patriotic Nigerian Entrepreneur from the South Western part of Nigeria, I have noticed a disturbing trend. Most Nigerians do not go for well packaged tours within the country. Some do not even go on vacation at all.

Some individuals especially the so called middle class or upper class prefer to travel abroad from July to September (so called summer period). Local tourist attractions are usually neglected. This trend is driving away a lot of investors.
The fact is the typical Nigerian man or woman is ready to pay for quality service. Some travel and tour operators take advantage of this and organise regular tours (well packaged) to Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Isreal and some Western countries.
The patronizers are from the upper middle and upper classes that turn up their noses at Nigerian tourist sites whereas the people who need vacation and recreation the most are in the high density areas. (Just pay a visit to LTV8, NTA or TVC premises in December or Bar Beach during the festive period or any beach in Lagos from the 2nd week in December till the last day of December).
We want to package quality, interesting and educative tour packages specifically for the regular Nigerian citizen. The good news is that we have lots of wonderful tourist sites in virtually every state in Nigeria. We plan to take people from Lagos to other states in the South West like Osun state where people can visit a Zoo with exotic animals like Lions, Hyena, Ostrich, Snakes, nice birds etc. From the Zoo, they will visit places like the Palace of the Ooni of Ife, the museum, the Oromiyan site, the lovely Erin Ijesha water falls etc.

We will provide good transportation
We can also have affordable plans for children in Primary and Secondary schools.
Honey moon packages etc also available.
We can also include hotel accomodation, feeding, taxi pick up from your home to the departure point etc.
The concept will be fun, relaxation and royal treatment at an affordable price so we are doing some preliminary market research. Please answer the following questions as truthfully as possible.

1. Would you be willing to visit some states in Yoruba land like: Osun, Oyo, Ondo etc?
2. How much would you be willing to pay for a well packaged tour of 1 or 2days. Weekends only? *Affordable*
3. Will you be willing to visit other historic sites in the East, South South, North etc?
4. We intend to publicize this through social media. Will you willingly follow the exploits and the adventure online?
5. Will you like to book and pay online before the tour or in a physical office or cash to the tour operator just before take off?
6. For those outside Lagos, will you like a well packaged tour to Lagos where u will get a feel of the Lagos life and visit some nice places?

Thank you for your anticipated response. If you have other questions you want to ask please let us know.
Ideas and suggestions also welcome.

10 Likes

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2013
Pictures of some historic sites in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
What will i be paying for? Is it the transportation or to have access to the historic sites?
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Why not?

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Space booked wink
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by MillionDollars: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Desola(f): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
mr sage: As a patriotic Nigerian Entrepreneur from the South Western part of Nigeria, I have noticed a disturbing trend. Most Nigerians do not go for well packaged tours within the country. Some do not even go on vacation at all.

Some individuals especially the so called middle class or upper class prefer to travel abroad from July to September (so called summer period). Local tourist attractions are usually neglected. This trend is driving away a lot of investors.
The fact is the typical Nigerian man or woman is ready to pay for quality service. Some travel and tour operators take advantage of this and organise regular tours (well packaged) to Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Isreal and some Western countries.
The patronizers are from the upper middle and upper classes that turn up their noses at Nigerian tourist sites whereas the people who need vacation and recreation the most are in the high density areas. (Just pay a visit to LTV8, NTA or TVC premises in December or Bar Beach during the festive period or any beach in Lagos from the 2nd week in December till the last day of December).
We want to package quality, interesting and educative tour packages specifically for the regular Nigerian citizen. The good news is that we have lots of wonderful tourist sites in virtually every state in Nigeria. We plan to take people from Lagos to other states in the South West like Osun state where people can visit a Zoo with exotic animals like Lions, Hyena, Ostrich, Snakes, nice birds etc. From the Zoo, they will visit places like the Palace of the Ooni of Ife, the museum, the Oromiyan site, the lovely Erin Ijesha water falls etc.

We will provide good transportation
We can also have affordable plans for children in Primary and Secondary schools.
Honey moon packages etc also available.
We can also include hotel accomodation, feeding, taxi pick up from your home to the departure point etc.
The concept will be fun, relaxation and royal treatment at an affordable price so we are doing some preliminary market research. Please answer the following questions as truthfully as possible.

1. Would you be willing to visit some states in Yoruba land like: Osun, Oyo, Ondo etc?
2. How much would you be willing to pay for a well packaged tour of 1 or 2days. Weekends only? *Affordable*
3. Will you be willing to visit other historic sites in the East, South South, North etc?
4. We intend to publicize this through social media. Will you willingly follow the exploits and the adventure online?
5. Will you like to book and pay online before the tour or in a physical office or cash to the tour operator just before take off?
6. For those outside Lagos, will you like a well packaged tour to Lagos where u will get a feel of the Lagos life and visit some nice places?

Thank you for your anticipated response. If you have other questions you want to ask please let us know.
Ideas and suggestions also welcome.

Brilliant initiative!

I trust that once you get your feet off the ground, you will be looking into diversifying into other parts of Nigeria. I would love to tour the country but in the meantime, if there are decent resorts in Yorubaland, then I would jump at the chance provided that my security will be guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
@afam4eva, the idea is to pay a service provider (a tour guide) for transportation, feeding, access to the historic sites, hotel accommodation and all others, so you have a nice and memorable experience. All the logistics will be handled by us

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by DICKtator: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
I need to go to Osun State( or State of Osun?) .There are a lot of historical sites there!!

at op: Did you mean HISTORICAL OR HISTORIC Sites?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
mr sage: @afam4eva, the idea is to pay a service provider (a tour guide) for transportation, feeding, access to the historic sites, hotel accommodation and all others, so you have a nice and memorable experience. All the logistics will be handled by us
I think that's a brilliant initiative. It saves people the energy of having to plan for logistics themselves. I think Nigeria is under-toured and if this message can be advertised well, it will portend a great future for the tourism industry.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by LEXYCOM: 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thank God oooo....am among the top ten to comment....
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Btw, what's with all these recent surveys on nairaland. It's not as if they are going anywhere (no matter what you, i know it ends here! On this thread!) tongue Abeg stop wasting space undecided
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by kakakibuy(m): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
mr sage:
1. Would you be willing to visit some states in Yoruba land like: Osun, Oyo, Ondo etc? Yes

mr sage:
2. How much would you be willing to pay for a well packaged tour of 1 or 2days. Weekends only? 20,000 Naira

mr sage:
3. Will you be willing to visit other historic sites in the East, South South, North etc? Everywhere if Security is guaranteed

mr sage:
4. We intend to publicize this through social media. Will you willingly follow the exploits and the adventure online? Yes

mr sage:
5. Will you like to book and pay online before the tour or in a physical office or cash to the tour operator just before take off? Physical cash at your physical office

mr sage:
6. For those outside Lagos, will you like a well packaged tour to Lagos where u will get a feel of the Lagos life and visit some nice places? Yes

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Policewoman(f): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
MAYBE.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Adesam09(m): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oranmiyan not oromiyan.. I dey in front of the oranmiyan something gan
I live in Ile-ife
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by slimpoppa(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
North? Capital No. I dont want to get bombed out.

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Davo93(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Q1. Would you be willing to visit some states in Yoruba land like Osun, Oyo, Ondo etc?
Ans: With All Pleasure. Although i have been to almost all the South West states.

Q2. How much would you be willing to pay for a well packaged tour of 1 or 2 days. Weekends only? *Affordable*
Ans: It depends on the tour location and how well the tour is packaged. smiley

Q3. Will you be willing to visit other historic sites in the East, South South, North etc?
Ans: For now, the North is a no-go-area for me cheesy. Others, maybe.

Q4. We intend to publicize this through social media. Will you willingly follow the exploits and the adventure online?
Ans: Yes

Q5. Will you like to book and pay online before the tour or in a physical office or cash to the tour operator just before take off?
Ans: Any should be ok provided it is no fraud.

Q6. For those outside Lagos, will you like a well packaged tour to Lagos where you will get a feel of the Lagos life and visit some nice places?
Ans: No, 'Lagos life' is not my choice cheesy
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omi o osun o!
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by endtimesigns(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
LEXYCOM: Thank God oooo....am among the top ten to comment....

That means if u make front page is a crime.......go get a life
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by timpaker(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Good initiative. I remember when I was in primary school my uncle usually take us out to these states for vacation (that's if we excelled in our studies).
I can vividly recall memories of olumo rock, Ibadan zoon and the osun river.
Its sad that people hardly visit these places like before (even me)
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by IAMBREEZY: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by funnyx(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will be more than willing to pay for a service like this, last time I was in Nigeria I really want to visit Ikogosi but logistics was the reason why I cancelled it. As someone who has been away for too long, I've lost touch with many things in Nigeria and has to rely on friends and relatives many of whom were not forthcoming.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
I will not pay! I will not even go! Olumo rock wey dey my nose sef I no dey check wetin dem dey do dir, how I go pay go look/climb rock? Mountain climbers get paid mhen!Bt I fit go beach go **** olosho and drink burukutu bt trust me, I wnt move near d water.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by skyscraperTM(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo Oduduwa ni mi. Yes i'll pay. Infact i've always wanted to visit the festival in Osun where a Mermaid would come out of water, i don't know if it's true or just another fairy tale.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Enoquin(f): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yes, I would love to visit historic sites all over the country.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Firstly, i think that crap that Gbenga Daniel built on Olumo rock should be brought down. I don't know why some of our leaders are daft. How can you touch such a natural place with so much artificiality.
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by mrsage(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
CASE STUDY: FREEDOM PARK in LAGOS

The new Freedom Park is located on the site of the colonial prison where prominent Nigerians had their jail terms during the colonial era. The park, which is now a peaceful place for individual and collective contemplation and interaction is open to public daily.

Located in Lagos Island, Lagos, the park is a brainchild of a Lagos-born architect and visionary, Theo Lawson, who had a vision to transform the colonial prison to a symbol of freedom.

This prison was used by the British colonial masters to torture, imprison and hang in the gallows those that opposed colonial rule of Nigeria including Herbert Macaulay, Chief Cbafemi Awolowo, Chief Michael Imodu, Sir Adeyemo Alakija and others.

Freedom Park is a memorial leisure park dedicated to the preserving the Lagos colonial heritage and history of the Old Board Street prison. Today, freedom park provides venues for events and recreational entertainment.

The park provides venues and the grounds for events and recreational entertainment, with relevant facilities like :

Open Air Stage
Amphi-theatre
Pergola Cell (internet booths)
Skeletal Cells
Food Court
Ponds and Fountains
Historical Statues
Museum Complex
Historical displays
Souvenir shops
Resource centre
Court yard
Cells Units
Wole Soyinka Art Gallery
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by nero69: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
I currently live a one of the most visited countries on earth. And local tourism is also a major revenue for this country. I have very vast experience in tourism and have thought so much about bringing my knowledge back to Nigeria. Would love to know this initiator. We can work together. Email: edwardson20000@gmail.com
Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by dgitrader(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Why not?
Op, there are several tour agencies out there u may not be aware of. Do more research and you'll be surprised. Nigerians can pay for well packaged tours, but the problem is beyond the tour agencies.. most of this destinations lack good road access, they are poorly mentained and sometimes they are unsafe even for the visitors. And hotels in such remote places are nothing to write home about.
As for online booking, hmmmm that one NA trouble oh,in Nigeria, if the tour goes sour, who you go hold responsible? Driver? Hotelier? Park attendant? Or yourself?
As for a Lagos tour, that's daring oh, where part of your tour could be regular 5 or 6 hours traffic jam per day.
Sorry to say, some parts of the north and especially middlebelt is best for your business idea

1 Like

Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by massmedia: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Iklk imagin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Photos! Accident At Ojuelegba Just Now / FAAN Says All Issues Concerning Enugu Airport Now Resolved / List Of Businesses You Can Do As A Foreigner In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.