Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,610 members, 7,851,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident (862 Views)

Press Release:Zakzaky's Shia Islamic Movement On Zaria Incident With Soldiers / Pic: Seun Kuti Leaks Alleged Secret Document Of Adams Oshiomhole On Twitter / Fundraiser For Oshiomole's "Widow Victim." The Widow Must Not Die! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 02, 2013
"I came from a poor family background.I don't hide it. I
say it everywhere. I was not even born with any spoon.
We have to go into the forest to get the wood to make
the wooden spoon. But I struggled to get to where I am
today. I understand the pains of poverty. We just need to
be careful so that the poor don't create more problems
for other poor people. I regretted saying those words(go
and die) to the lady. My political opponents are now
making big story out of that incident..."
-Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Edo State Governor.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 02, 2013
What I want to see is Adams on his knees apologising to the woman and there shouldn't be a public show about it.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by eyenCalabar(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2013
Obiagelli: What I want to see is Adams on his knees apologising to the woman and there shouldn't be a public show about it.

Don't ever repeat that. You are talking to a man and a governor too. Though no source to this piece but if this is actually true then it should be enough.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by israel007: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2013
I deu come
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2013
eyenCalabar:

Don't ever repeat that. You are talking to a man and a governor too. Though no source to this piece but if this is actually true then it should be enough.
A man in African setting I understand but does being a governor make him better or greater than everyone else? This is our problem as nigerians, this guys are elected to serve us not the other way round.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 02, 2013
He should compensate the woman and concentrate now on the plight of widows in Edo state to build back his reputation. Nigerians have forgiven spirit. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Boss13: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2013
Go and open shop for the woman and replace her goods. However, don't use state funds for this. Else na crocodile tears she dey shed.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by iluvnaija: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2013
The story is 100% true.
One thing that baffles me is when a normal citizen commits crime or say something bad he should be crucified or dealt with but if a Governor does same he should be left alone, nobody should talk.

Hmm, now I know why Nigeria is going backward. The nation's 30years ago is better than today, that's a nation of backwardness.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2013
Out of the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks. There's no gain saying that Oshiomole's utterance was a reflection of a side of him that a lot of people don't know about. When angry, he can go overboard. Even his countenance towards the widow was appalling and distasteful. He has apologized quite alright but his action should not be allowed to fade away. In other climes, people resign for making such unguarded statements.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Out of the fullness of the hear, the mouth speaks. There's no gain saying that Oshiomole's utterance was a reflection of a side of him that a lot of people don't know about. When angry, he can go overboard. Even his countenance towards the widow was appalling and distasteful. He has apologized quite alright but his action should not be allowed to fade away. In other climes, people resign for making such unguarded statements.
Sure...

The ones that are not doing anything haven't resigned but the performing ones should resign? Why hasn't GEJ resigned for telling Nigerians he doesn't give a damn?

Ok, then!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Out of the fullness of the hear, the mouth speaks. There's no gain saying that Oshiomole's utterance was a reflection of a side of him that a lot of people don't know about. When angry, he can go overboard. Even his countenance towards the widow was appalling and distasteful. He has apologized quite alright but his action should not be allowed to fade away. In other climes, people resign for making such unguarded statements.
I agree with the bolded, if this will dent his political career so be it. That should serve a deterrent to unguarded statements in official capacity.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Afam4eva(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2013
kingoflag: Sure...

The ones that are not doing anything haven't resigned but the performing ones should resign? Why hasn't GEJ resigned for telling Nigerians he doesn't give a damn?

Ok, then!
I'm not saying he should resign. I'm just saying what's obtained in an ideal setting. And pls, when we mention that a governor is performing, we shouldn't be myopic to think that being a performing governor involves fixing the roads, hospitals, schools etc. A very important component is the morality and social responsibility of these governors. A governor who goes around sprouting such comments definitely has a minus.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Ngwakwe: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2013
Ï appreciate your zeal to taking this unguarded statement to the next level. It reminds me of the irresponsible and sectionally acceptable disgusting chorus "Go back to your villages" which has divided the country more on regional persuasion.

Obiagelli:
I agree with the bolded, if this will dent his political career so be it. That should serve a deterrent to unguarded statements in official capacity.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by OMAJE4: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2013
kingoflag: Sure...

Ok, then!
Can you bet your johnthomas that Oshiomhole is working? Have you been to Benin? He's just an average governor overhyped no thanks to the docility of previous administrations in Edo state.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2013
Pls when is NOLLYWOOD comming up with the movie "GO AND DIE" part1.
I trust those doofus, just watch out for it.
Featuring:
AMAECHI MUONAGOR as Adams Oshiomole.
NKIRU SILVANUS as the weeping Widow of Mission Rd. Benin.
Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by naptu2: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Out of the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks. There's no gain saying that Oshiomole's utterance was a reflection of a side of him that a lot of people don't know about. When angry, he can go overboard. Even his countenance towards the widow was appalling and distasteful. He has apologized quite alright but his action should not be allowed to fade away. In other climes, people resign for making such unguarded statements.

It reminded me of the military administrators that we had in the past. The ones that try to show that they are "action men" (whipping civil servants who turn up late for work, shaving people's hair, etc Like the Madaki's, Rasaki and Adisa's of this world). That kind of thing has no place in a democracy.

It's not the first time that he's doing it. I read that there was a debate about whether he should sign the "kidnapping bill". He was still considering the bill when the report about the abduction of Ona Ekhomu and the death of some people at the hands of kidnappers got to him. It is reported that he immediately signed the bill after receiving the report. Such decisions should not be based on emotions.

He really needs to find a way to control his temper.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2013
Ngwakwe: Ï appreciate your zeal to taking this unguarded statement to the next level. It reminds me of the irresponsible and sectionally acceptable disgusting chorus "Go back to your villages" which has divided the country more on regional persuasion.

you meant if you can't observe/abide by simple laws? Go back to your villages. Which could be in ilesha, kanji, arugungun. I see no offence here except you prefer to be in jail.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole On The Widow Incident by Ngwakwe: 7:21am On Dec 03, 2013
You are then biased against Comd. Adams Oshiomhole

The same can be said of Oshiomhole actions for enforcing law against Street Hawking. Except
you prefer the woman to be in jail.

Obiagelli:
you meant if you can't observe/abide by simple laws? Go back to your villages. Which could be in ilesha, kanji, arugungun. I see no offence here except you prefer to be in jail.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Head Of Trailer Assn.In Bariga Murdered In Broad Day Light[check link for Photo] / Gej? / UNBELIEVABLE: SEE How A Taxi Driver Was Stripped Naked In Abuja By The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.