Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? (1084 Views)

Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 / Cody Walker To Replace Paul Walker In Fast And Furious? / Paul Walker Is Dead, Fast & Furious Actor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by Agent8706(m): 9:10am On Dec 02, 2013
The fate of "Fast & Furious 7" is up in the air.

Following the sudden death of Paul Walker, executives at Universal — the studio behind "The Fast & Furious" franchise — met on Sunday to discuss the future of the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Reportedly, there will be a delay in production, but the movie will not be abandoned entirely.

Production was on hiatus over the Thanksgiving holiday and was set to resume this week in Atlanta, Georgia, sources confirm to Yahoo Movies, but will be halted in the meantime.

THR reports "Fast & Furious 7" director James Wan met with Universal to discuss the future of the project, how to re-work the script, and "how to proceed in a manner that would be respectful to Walker's death."

Walker, who reprised his role as Brian O'Conner, had been filming the seventh installment since September.

Variety reports it is unclear how much of Walker’s footage had been shot, while The Wrap alleges production is already more than halfway done. Meanwhile, THR claims a large part of the movie had been shot, but additional scenes were to be filmed in January in Abu Dhabi with Paul and the main cast.

On Saturday, Universal released their only statement thus far following the tragedy: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the 'Fast and Furious' films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Franchise favorites Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, and Dwayne Johnson are all back for "Fast & Furious 7," which was scheduled for release on July 11, 2014. The “Fast” franchise has grossed more than $2.3 billion at the worldwide box office.

On Nov. 30, Paul Walker passed away at the age of 40 in a fiery one-car collision just outside of Los Angeles. The actor was attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. Paul's longtime friend and CEO of his company Always Evolving, Roger Rodas, has been identified as the driver of the vehicle.
SOURCE: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/what-happens-to--fast---furious-7--following-paul-walker-s-death-222945491.html

No Celebs Death has ever affected me like the death of this gentle guy, RIP man, will surely miss u, just hope u said your prayers before you were gone sad cry cry cry cry sad
Re: What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by Agent8706(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2013
A stunned Hollywood is mourning the death of Paul Walker.

Less than 24 hours since it was confirmed the star of "The Fast & Furious" franchise was killed at the age of 40 in an automobile accident, friends, acquaintances, and fans are all sharing memories of Walker and grieving together.

Those who knew Paul paint a similar picture of the late actor: A down-to-earth star who didn't care about fame… A guy's guy who loved to race cars in his free time… A doting father… A charitable celebrity.

In the wake of such a tragedy, those close to Walker want fans to know the actor many looked up to was just as great of a guy off-screen.

"He treated everyone with such respect," one crew member who worked on various "Fast & Furious" films with Paul tells omg!. "From the crew to his co-stars to extras on set, Paul was such a genuine person. He had a great spirit, soul, and had a quality about him that was rare to find anywhere, let alone in Hollywood."

Notes a studio executive at Universal Pictures who worked closely with Walker: "He truly was one of the most down-to-earth people I have ever known. He was always so polite and professional. We are heartbroken."

One of the last images of Paul with event attendee Bill Townsend (Facebook)
Paul is survived by his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow. The teen lived with her mom in Hawaii for most of her life, but moved to California earlier this year to reside with the actor, which he was elated about. In a recent interview, Walker called the girl "the best partner I've ever had" and said there was a shift in his priorities. "There's a part of me who feels like I'm making up for lost time," he admitted.

"He had such a passion for life and loved his family and friends dearly," recalls a close friend of the late actor. "He was always thinking of others."

Director Wayne Kramer, who worked with Paul on "Running Scared," summed up similar sentiments in a Facebook post on Sunday honoring the actor.

"Paul was always the great unifier on set," he wrote. "He went out of his way to accommodate both actors and crew members. I’ve also never seen him refuse an autograph to anyone."

"My job doesn’t define me. It's not who I am, it's what I do from time to time," Paul said in October 2011 when discussing fame. "And as bizarre as that world may be, it's only as bizarre as you allow it. If you have a perspective of what it really is, it's a job — it's a great job, and sometimes there are killer opportunities within that realm."

One of those opportunities was starting Reach Out Worldwide.

Prior to Saturday's crash, Paul was taking part in a charity event just outside of Los Angeles for his organization to raise money for the Philippines typhoon relief effort. This was hardly the first time Walker was quick to lend a helping hand.

In 2010, he flew to Chile with Reach Out Worldwide to offer assistance to those injured in the 8.8 magnitude earthquake, and Paul was actively involved in relief efforts to help survivors of the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti.

Many of Paul's close friends and co-stars have taken to social media to address their loss.

"Your humble spirit was felt from the start, wherever you blessed your presence you always left a mark, we were like brothers & our birthdays are only 1 day apart, now You will forever hold a place in all of our hearts @paulwalker legacy will live on forever. R.I.P," Ludacris shared.

"I am so beyond heartbroken right now. I can't process anything," James Wan, director of "Fast & Furious 7," which is currently in production, tweeted.
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/paul-walker-celebrity-next-door-172457474.html
Re: What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by Agent8706(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2013
The F & F Fans will surely miss his role no matter what, MODs please can we send this please to FP so all we F & F Fans can pay our respect to our Paul "Brain O' Conner" Walker.

Re: What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by Nomski0(f): 9:20am On Dec 02, 2013
I still find it hard to believe that I wont see those blue eyes of his on my screen again.

I wont be able to watch the seventh movie. sad. Just like I abandoned Glee after Cory's death.
Rip Paul! Heaven has a new angel. sad

1 Like

Re: What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by Agent8706(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
True talk girl, the film will sure be interesting but it can never have the feel and thrill of Brian in it, I still feel so sad as if he was a very close relative..RIP once again O'Conner
Re: What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by 5nlock: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
I WONDER WHO CAN REPLACE THE GUY..
Re: What Happens To 'fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death? by Agent8706(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
On this one I disagree with beyonce, this guy as far as fast and furious is concerned is irreplaceable

(1) (Reply)

2017 Upcoming And Most Awaited Movies / I Can’t Act Nude; I Leave It For Those Interested -emmanuella Iloba / Download You're The Worst Season 04 Episode 01 And Other Tvseries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.