Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido (5558 Views)

Photo Of Army's Fuel Station In Minna / Boko Haram Arrested At Fuel Station In Maiduguri / Nigerians Keep Vigil At Fuel Station (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by oluwashaddow(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
Right before his
meeting with President Jonathan at Aso Villa
yesterday, Governor Lamido of Jigawa had some
strong words for the Commander in Chief.
The governor spoke to journalists from Leadership
Newspapers before the meeting.
” To us we are on a rescue mission, because
what we are seeing today is a mad man inside
petrol filling station with lighter in his hand, the
threat he poses is very lethal and would not
spare anyone,” he said.
He said the arrest of his sons was politically
motivated.
“This arrest of my children on alleged corruption
or stealing or whatever they call it, is nothing
short of political miscalculation and an attempt to
jolt me to change my political philosophy and
succumb to the selfish interest of an ordinary
human being as against the wish of my God and
betterment of Nigeria.
“Let me inform my detractors, in the last 30 years
of my political struggle, I was harassed, arrested
persecuted by those who saw my struggle as a
threat to their interest, but I endured and refused
to cow down. So at my age now with all my past
experience it is a big mistake for anybody to think
of using any form of threat against my family, or
my life or anything else to taunt me.
“I am not proud or conceited, but I can
unequivocally say, in terms of good governance,
justice, fairness, and judicious use of public
funds; what we are doing in Jigawa state is
exceptional in contemporary Nigeria. Many people
including President Jonathan, past and present
political and traditional leaders had testified to
that.
“But today in what appeared to be a political
knife, some body called Jonathan from Bayelsa
state with another person called Lamorde and
some police officers tried to tell the world that
they love Jigawa people and also they are
concerned and keen in protecting state treasury
better than me. This is very ridiculous.”
The governor took it a step further by taking a
swipe at Bayelsans, insinuating that the culture in
the Niger Delta state permits stealing and
corruption.
According to him, “It is true every people have
their own culture and traditions and wherever
they found themselves, they must exhibit it. It is
known to the whole world how a United Kingdom
court arrested and tried former Bayelsa Governor
Mr Diepreye Alamiesiegha on stealing of his state
money. After the court found him guilty, the
people of the state came out in defence of their
child by protesting against the court action, they
said the money he stole was Bayelsa state
money, therefore they have forgiven him, and also
warned against any attempt to arrest him by any
national or international institution, this
accentuated how some people behave.
“So imagine somebody with this background, now
has guts to come down to Jigawa state where we
have the belie and culture in which every form of
stealing is absolutely repugnant and punishable,
claiming he came to help us in protecting and
securing our money from thieves, you know from
onset the man lacks moral value for such job.
“Besides, of all the 36 state governors in the
country and the federal government, it is only
Sule Lamido that EFCC found corrupt, who
connived with his children and looted his state
money,” he said.
In a further attempt to exonerate himself and his
sons from wrongdoing, the governor said that
even President Jonathan had testified in the past
that there is judicious use of public funds in
Jigawa state.
“During Jonathan’s visit to my state in which he
commissioned various projects in the state, he
said the Birnin Kudu local government secretariat
which we built at the cost of N400million, if it
were in his state such project would not cost less
than N2 billion, also the new Dutse NYSC
permanent orientation camp built at the cost of
N800million would cost over N2billion. However
when he commissioned the new state secretariat
he called all Nigerians to come to Jigawa and
learn the judicious use of peoples’ money;” he
said.
It should also be pointed out that the governor
himself paid similar glowing tributes to the
president at those times as well, but now
criticises him, a testament to how transient
political relationships can be.
Gov. Lamido also talked about the politics of
He said: “On the issue of contesting for any seat I
never ever said somebody should not contest,
what I insisted is that, there is legal and moral
way to get any seat, and anybody who wants to
contest election must follow due process, must
be transparent way with full obedience to party
and Nigeria constitution.
“It is totally wrong and reprehensible for anybody
to think of using police, judiciary or other illegal
way to get power, we fought against such idea in
the past and we would vehemently continue to
oppose it.
“So, if fighting against injustice, breach of trust
and flagrant abuse to the party and Nigerian
constitution, and also preaching to adhere to the
rule of law is corruption, I would continue to live
on this.”
He claimed that he had been expecting this kind
of reaction from Aso Rock ever since they “started
this struggle against President Jonathan’s move
to perpetuate himself in power through illegal
ways.”
According to the governor, he told his fellow
governors in the movement that, “this man at the
corridor of power who is so blind on his selfish
interest would use any avenue to fight back,
including threat to our lives, power, political
interest, wealth and even our family would not be
spared in his move to crush us.
“But to us the struggle is not about party or
personality, it is a struggle to save the peace and
unity of Nigeria, by preaching and insisting to
entrench justice, fairness, fair -play and rule of
law in our democracy and leadership system. This
is essential for the survival of this country as a
single entity.”

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Ocutegan(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
How could Lamido say all these about the president, small time now he will be arrested and they'll shift their focus away from ASUU just like Oduah's magic car..and me I'll be phucking my gf as I no get work nd maga no gree pay,another small time she'll get belle, kinkini time I'll become a daddy and my son will be an asuufecto and na so poverty go dey grow...mtchewwww. Abeg who get 30naira change mek I take buy condom

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by fkaz(m): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
” To us we are on a rescue mission, because
what we are seeing today is a mad man inside
petrol filling station with lighter in his hand, the
threat he poses is very lethal and would not
spare anyone,” he said.

War da hell

In a nutshell jonathan don't have conscience
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
How heart-rending, The rant of a 'beaten' man lol. The aggressor pretending to be the oppressed. I dey laugh in his godfather's (OBJ) style smiley

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by ibnakogun: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Now I will start taking prophet predictions seriously, the guy that predicted gej will be doing long time in the penitentiary is damn so right.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by bloggernaija: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
better than me. This is very ridiculous.”
The governor took it a step further by taking a
swipe at Bayelsans, insinuating that the culture in
the Niger Delta state permits stealing and corruption .

No doubt about this.
Anybody who has ever crossed that river knows that the statement above, is correct.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by GCRS87: 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
I agree with Lamido. GEJ is corrupt, he refused to declare his assets and he is here using efcc to frustrate his opponents. What he said abt alams is vry true. If GEJ corrupt he won't pardon alams. Or did GEJ pardon Tafa Balogun, Bode George, Boni haruna n d rest. See John Yakubu d pension tif case.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by ba7man(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
G.E.J always fails to command respect. Everyone feels they can get a piece of him.

He's always being insulted by all..........He lacks charisma.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by ifyalways(f): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Jona don suffer for Nigerians hand. Choi

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by magaliyu(f): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
Is Nigeria a sinking ship?
Or is it the captain that want to sink the ship..
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by omenka(m): 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Another uppercut for the least respected president in the history of humankind.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by nerodenero: 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Kettle calling pot black. Anyway, I await the Attack Lion's response.
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by kel4soft: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Almost all Rivers/Bayelsians politicians are corrupts. I know them very well. To them, politics is like a full time career. Unlike other zones you may have private and business men. An average person from this two states venturing into politics only thinks of what to loot. That's why you heared things like 'o boy, oga no wan empower us' 'o boy that guy too stingy' o boy, no b road we go chop, make en empower us'.

I think Lamido is spot on, on there. But insulting the President? He has gone too far even as a serious GEJ critic even Lai Mohamed won't go this far.
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by donphilopus: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ocutegan: How could Lamido say all these about the president, small time now he will be arrested and they'll shift their focus away from ASUU just like Oduah's magic car..and me I'll be phucking my gf as I no get work nd maga no gree pay,another small time she'll get belle, kinkini time I'll become a daddy and my son will be an asuufecto and na so poverty go dey grow...mtchewwww. Abeg who get 30naira change mek I take buy condom
Do you know anything like Immunity??
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by donphilopus: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
I can unequivocally say that what Lamido said is right! I can also see the ship of the Nigerian state trending around the political Bermuda triangle. A corrupt man who happens to be GEJ's former Boss was arrested for corrupt practices, and at the end he was granted a state pardon! What do we call the person who promotes corruption??
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by fijiano202(m): 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
the captain is vexing,he wants to sink any ship sinkable.to Be honest,Lamido is one of the trustworthy Governors in Nigeria and going after his Family is a wrong move by GEJ but thank God GEJ is only at a petrol filling Station at the moment.Imagine GEJ with a lighter at tank Farm,hes ready to destroy the whole country to achieve his mission of 2015
magaliyu: Is Nigeria a sinking ship?
Or is it the captain that want to sink the ship..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
That comment was very suicidal! Dammit!! Lamido is right though. Some people need to get hold of the mad man and tie him with chains before he sets the petrol station ablaze. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
tokunboh: How heart-rending, The rant of a 'beaten' man lol. The aggressor pretending to be the oppressed. I dey laugh in his godfather's (OBJ) style smiley
oponu.
Even asari had a better comment and a better brain!
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by plaindealer: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
According to him, “It is true every people have
their own culture and traditions and wherever
they found themselves, they must exhibit it. It is
known to the whole world how a United Kingdom
court arrested and tried former Bayelsa Governor
Mr Diepreye Alamiesiegha on stealing of his state
money. After the court found him guilty, the
people of the state came out in defence of their
child by protesting against the court action, they
said the money he stole was Bayelsa state
money, therefore they have forgiven him, and also
warned against any attempt to arrest him by any
national or international institution, this
accentuated how some people behave.
“So imagine somebody with this background, now
has guts to come down to Jigawa state where we
have the belie and culture in which every form of
stealing is absolutely repugnant and punishable,
claiming he came to help us in protecting and
securing our money from thieves, you know from
onset the man lacks moral value for such job.

Wow!!!! Serious deadly blow and assault...

GEJ don suffer sha...lmao

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Aye GEJ ti baje

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Ekhemini(m): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'm nt eating dis..no sauce
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by 99100(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
This man called Lamido is very s-tupid for abusing d people of Bayelsa.
He is an i-diot for abusing d person of the president.
Talking of corrupt people or curroption as a way of life,somebody must remind him that d ABACHAs,d ATIKUs,d IBBs, are not Bayelsans.
Also,he should be reminded that it is only corruption that would make a region despite ruling this country for about 40yrs and looting and injecting d treasury of other fruitful region on her region yet still has d worst economy, ridden with violence,bokoharam,illitracy etc.
Someone should also tell him that Jonathan must rule till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by enigmang: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
lol… he is crying… he should go and defend his sons…..

The truth is that there will always be a case against all Nigerian elected officials…. GEJ has not even started using EFCC…. call it witch hunting or not.. Question is are they guilty

If they were innocent no one will touch them…..

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Tuntheycr7: 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
GCRS87: I agree with Lamido. GEJ is corrupt, he refused to declare his assets and he is here using efcc to frustrate his opponents. What he said abt alams is vry true. If GEJ corrupt he won't pardon alams. Or did GEJ pardon Tafa Balogun, Bode George, Boni haruna n d rest. See John Yakubu d pension tif case.
I hope all his yeye E-rantors wud see this.
Wat I kno b God pass GEJ
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Olugbenger(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
In demdem's voice*

Jonathan!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Demdem(m): 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
Olugbenger: In demdem's voice*

Jonathan!

grin grin

No doubt, Jonathan is in soup.

Lamido knows the retardeen so well.

and these are the killer members Jonathan will rely on to secure some northern votes come 2015 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by vedd: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Pathetic political class. Wither Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by onemopol: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
OK. from a weak president to a mad man no wahala. LAMIDO WE DON HEAR. JOIN APC IF YOU LIKE.

DIS OUR OIL MONEY WE MUST CONTROL AM FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS. HATERS FACE ATLANTIC OCEAN

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Symphony007: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
BRUTALITY....FATALITY.....BABALITY....EVERYTHING TALITY!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Dollarjunkie: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Mista Govanur, that u're building structures with small amount does not mean that u didn't launder money via ur sons. In fact, it proves that u have so much untouched money thatz why u were able to steal Jigawa state funds and launder it through ur sons. Why are u asking are u the only Governor that is stealing money? You messed up and it is been cleaned up Aboki!

I forget say u be aboki sef, no wonder u think like demdem0r0n and ashawometa!

Kini big deal

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
I think GEJ is worst than Abacha In looting spree,he's careless,and the definition above fits him. He should be made accountable for all corrupt practice during his tenure. He's also a lilly livered person,who disguised as a gentle man,but vindictive against his opponent by the use of EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Like A Mad Man With Alighter At The Fuel Station’ – Lamido by jmaine: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lamentation of drowning mofo . . . Answer your queries with the EFCC and clear your case grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source / SEE How Senate President Saraki's Secrets Were Exposed / Fearless: Biafrans Protest Despite Being Shot At - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.