Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Is Divorce Contagious? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Divorce Contagious? (584 Views)

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out? / Is Divorce The Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Divorce Contagious? by saintvc(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Is Divorce Contagious? – When my friend cheated on his wife, I questioned my own marriage.

I remember not so long ago when my friend, John, cheated on his wife. At first I was simply startled, surprised, really, and a bit disappointed in him. I mean, he seemed to have the perfect marriage. He had a nice house, three wonderful kids,great job, and a beautiful wife. So what was wrong?

After I found out about his affair I invited him to meet up with me at local bar you know, just to have a couple of beers and to catch up. I wanted to ask him about what had happened, but at the same time I didn’t want to be too nosey about it, as it really wasn’t any of my business.

We met up at about 6pm, right after work, and ordered a couple beers. The first thing that struck me when I saw him was how happy he was. Really, he was the happiest I had seen him in years (and we’re friends from childhood).

I didn’t want to beat around the bush, so I asked him straight up, “why did you cheat on your wife?”. His answer? “I had to”.
“I had to”!!!

I didn’t buy it.

“But, John,” I said, “you were so happy together. What changed?”

He told me that nothing really changed, but just over time he got bored and didn’t feel a connection with his wife anymore. Apparently his wife also felt the same, so the resulting divorce was a mutual decision.

After meeting with John I started thinking about my own marriage. Was I truly happy? Was my wife happy? These were things that I hadn’t even questioned until John and his wife had their problems.
Is divorce contagious? In a way, I would say it could be
Re: Is Divorce Contagious? by mekatroniks(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Divorce can only be contagious if you allow it.
Re: Is Divorce Contagious? by soulglo: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Silliness. He had to? You have to breath. You have to eat. You have to drink water. Cheating does not fall into the list of things you have to do in life.
Re: Is Divorce Contagious? by greatgod2012(f): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Contagious
No!!!?
Never!!!
Every of your action and inactions are from within, that is, from you. Nobody can transfer such to you if you dont allow it.it's your choice.
The word or actions that comes out from us are like seeds in us, which grows and bear fruits.
May God cleanse us from evil thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce Contagious? by Kanwulia: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2013
Is it an infectious ailment or a choice to be made? undecided
Not a contagious phenomenon. . .A CHOICE ONLY!

*no, i did not read the contents of the first post. . .ONLY THE TITLE. . .my attention span cannot function past the title of threads*

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Practice Celebrating Life, Today. / The Startup Of Your Child / Causes Of Anger In Early Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.