Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? (37142 Views)

How Is Divorce Obtained Under Islamic Law / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out? / Is Divorce The Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Is marriage a do or die affair? Why can't you just leave if your life is at stake? WTF
Ok now she's dead. Leaving behind those little kids she probably felt she was staying in the marriage for their sake. embarassed embarassed
I'm just too angry to type RIP. She can go to hell for all I care.

I know y'all are wondering what I'm ranting about. Phew. Our stupid neighbor down the street just let herself be killed by her husband this morning. I wonder what kind of Mrs I'd want to be if my life is at stake.
Until this morning I didn't even know she was his punching bag.and she was covering it so people will think they are happily married. Now she's going to be buried like a chicken all because she felt divorce is such a horrible thing. I bet death is better in her opinion.how desperate would a woman be to endure that kind of beating? He hit her so bad she was vomiting blood and was rushed to the hospital.she died enroute and trust the man he's nowhere to be found right now.

I'm sure before 6months he'll be happily married again to one his numerous mistresses(that was the cause of their marital problems.so I learned)

I'm just so sad and angry. So angry. I wanna hit something. angry

24 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Dr9ce(m): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2013
pathetic! that is all i can say
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2013
lorretta u: Is marriage a do or die affair? Why can't you just leave if your life is at stake? WTF
Ok now she's dead. Leaving behind those little kids she probably felt she was staying in the marriage for their sake. embarassed embarassed
I'm just too angry to type RIP. She can go to hell for all I care.

I know y'all are wondering what I'm ranting about. Phew. Our stupid neighbor down the street just let herself be killed by her husband this morning. I wonder what kind of Mrs I'd want to be if my life is at stake.
Until this morning I didn't even know she was his punching bag.and she was covering it so people will think they are happily married. Now she's going to be buried like a chicken all because she felt divorce is such a horrible thing. I bet death is better in her opinion.how desperate would a woman be to endure that kind of beating? He hit her so bad she was vomiting blood and was rushed to the hospital.she died enroute and trust the man he's nowhere to be found right now.

I'm sure before 6months he'll be happily married again to one his numerous mistresses(that was the cause of their marital problems.so I learned)

I'm just so sad and angry. So angry. I wanna hit something. angry

Sorry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I feel for the kids, the woman chose her path

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mogenerous(f): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2013
When will men start to realize that assaulting their partner is totally bad,if they are always that vexed,what is the boxing ring meant for?... And when will wives start to realize that when their husbands start assaulting them,work out of such marriage and save your lives

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2013
Sad!!! RIP
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2013
Why stay in an abusive relationship.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by henrychubayo: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2013
D man is so lucky dat d community didn't get him. I like Nigerians for these. If they caught him, his own death will be painful.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by enigmagu1(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2013
may d soul of d departed rest in peace.....
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2013
Mogenerous: When will men start to realize that assaulting their partner is totally bad,if they are always that vexed,what is the boxing ring meant for?... And when will wives start to realize that when their husbands start assaulting them,work out of such marriage and save your lives
you women made the men to be WILD BEASTS. you are the ones who also gave birth to them and also encourage them in their SAVAGE BEHAVIOURS, you are the ones only who also MALTREAT your HOUSEHELPS using all manner torture instruments to TORTURE in the presence of your own children. you are the ones who PROPAGATE VIOLENCE! it is a VICIOUS CIRCLE. unfortunately it is these BEASTS that are always with wealth or DOUGH the reason why most of you end up in the WILD BEASTS ARMS!

54 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2013
Aggrippa:
you women made the men to be WILD BEASTS. you are the ones who also gave birth to them and also encourage them in their SAVAGE BEHAVIOURS, you are the ones only who also MALTREAT your HOUSEHELPS using all manner torture instruments to TORTURE in the presence of your own children. you are the ones who PROPAGATE VIOLENCE! it is a VICIOUS CIRCLE. unfortunately it is these BEASTS that are always with wealth or DOUGH the reason why most of you end up in the WILD BEASTS ARMS!

Funny enough, I agree with some of your points

Take it easy sha wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by sheedy407(m): 11:02am On Nov 06, 2013
Make my bis xpire if this topic no hit frontpage 2day.
Besides,I doubt if this story is true

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Dannylux: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2013
It's high time Nigerians started seeing Divorce as a good alternative to a failed marriage!! Not everything can be worked out! Being too conservative will ruin us all

25 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2013
I cannot fully blame the woman. Alot of woman stay in abusive marriages because of financial dependence. Which sometimes they bring upon themselves ( by allowing to stay at home because a man suggests so), laziness or because of unemployment situation.

Name a financially independent person who tolerates any kind of abuse.

Give all woman Economic Power and Freedom, things will turn around. undecided undecided undecided

cry cry cry cry Sad for her though

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by jmoore(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2013
Will they hear?

The cycle continues.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2013
chineloSA:
I cannot fully blame the woman. Alot of woman stay in abusive marriages because of financial dependence. Which sometimes they bring upon themselves ( by allowing to stay at home because a man suggests so), laziness or because of unemployment situation.

Give all woman Economic Power and Freedom, things will turn around
. undecided undecided undecided

I know a senior academic staff in a university who was abused by her not well to do husband

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2013
You doubt if the story is true because I look like someone who fantasizes about the death of another woman?

You must be drunk.
I'm very angry this morning.don't poke me.
sheedy407: Make my bis xpire if this topic no hit frontpage 2day.
Besides,I doubt if this story is true
I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult you. Forgive me. I'm just upset
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2013
Truly truly.
Dannylux: It's high time Nigerians started seeing Divorce as a good alternative to a failed marriage!! Not everything can be worked out! Being too conservative will ruin us all

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by greatgod2012(f): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2013
Inasmuch as i believe that divorce should be the last resort, but not when physical abuse is involved. Women whose lives are threatened by being physically abused should realise that life is more important than marriage. One can only remain married when he/she is still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sissie(f): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2013
This is really sad. I don't know why women stay with their abusive spouse, its terrible.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2013
bukatyne:

I know a senior academic staff in a university who was abused by her not well to do husband

Not so common though undecided undecided undecided Give a woman money, she go buy wings smiley

You will find that her mama was abuse, thats why she is tolerating it
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by seedord247(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2013
When a cool nice fella wants to marry them, they will say...

I need a badt guy, I cant marry tony, he's too religious, he's too nice, he's not fun to be with.

48 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by seedord247(m): 11:20am On Nov 06, 2013
Sissie: This is really sad. I don't know why women stay with their abusive spouse, its terrible.

Because of money and fame. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by greatgod2012(f): 11:20am On Nov 06, 2013
lorretta u: You doubt if the story is true because I look like someone who fantasizes about the death of another woman?

You must be drunk.
I'm very angry this morning.don't poke me.

dont be angry over that, dearie, that woman chose her path, you're the one who knows that you cant choose such path.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2013
I just feel bad cos the man will surely go unpunished now. And who will take care of her little kids now? The last one is 4months old.

This kind of thing has happened in this same area early last year. The man is walk free.and the babies the woman left behind were just left helpless until her siblings came and took them.now same thing is happening again. Cos they know there's no serious law in place to punish abusive spouses. It's so infuriating.
greatgod2012:

dont be angry over that, dearie, that woman chose her path, you're the one who knows that you cant choose such path.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by greatgod2012(f): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2013
chineloSA:

Give all woman Economic Power and Freedom, things will turn around. undecided undecided undecided

don't be naive my brother, many financially independent women are also abused, especially when they marry someone who is below their level educationally or professionally or who do not earn up to what they're earning.
Just last week, a colleague of mine was physically and brutally abused by her half baked educated husband of hers, claiming he was trying to trim her wings, as she seems to be too proud because she's earning more than him.
Such men are wounded lions and are more likely to suffer from inferiority complex.
May God help us from such men.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sissie(f): 11:36am On Nov 06, 2013
@chineloSA most of the women I know of and heard about are not financially dependent on their husband, they are independent, most of this men don't spend and provide for their family.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2013
Make dem dey dia dey die one by one.

I mean how difficult can it be to get up and walk undecided.

Children or not. Btw, think when you start pumping out kids like popcorn. If YOU can not take care of them(financially, emotionally etc) don't have them. Full stop.
Poor kids are now caught in between.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2013
Exactly. Anything you say to those kind of men is grossly misinterpreted and misunderstood. Insecure men are the worst kind of men to be with.
greatgod2012:

don't be naive my brother, many financially independent women are also abused, especially when they marry someone who is below their level educationally or professionally or who do not earn up to what they're earning.
Just last week, a colleague of mine was physically and brutally abused by her half baked educated husband of hers, claiming he was trying to trim her wings, as she seems to be too proud because she's earning more than him.
Such men are wounded lions and are more likely to suffer from inferiority complex.
May God help us from such men.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2013
Lie.
How will a girl say she doesn't want to marry a good guy but will rather chose a brutal one?
My bet is that these men hid the animals in them until they've successfully lured the women into marriage.
seedord247: When a cool nice fella wants to marry them, they will say...

I need a badt guy, I cant marry tony, he's too religious, he's too nice, he's not fun to be with.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by mysticgal(f): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2013
that's why i continue to advocate>>>>women should learn boxing and wrestling before traditonal and white weddings,undecided a man using a woman for punching training when she can turn from wife to knife,anyhow @lorreta the man did not go unpunished,he went for temporary adjustment,soon and soon karma will cash up with him angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by ifyalways(f): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2013
The irony is that nowadays,its mostly the educated,enlightened ones that get stuck with violent husbands. . .they cant leave the cars,shopping,good life,Lekki mansion. Crying in a jeep as oppossed to smiling on a keke mentality.

Heaven helps those who help themselves.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2013
A campaign for divorce should be brought to the fore.
most churches that frown at divorce might have to include the clause "as long as your life is not at stake ".

Stories like this are so disheartening and makes one believe some women enjoy been treated like animals in their matrimonial home.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / 6 Siblings Poisoned To Death In Anambra To Be Buried On Nov. 5th / I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.