Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

"Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari (2357 Views)

Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / BOMBSHELL: “pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari / Jonathan Cannot Win In 2015 – Dokubo-Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by ollyboy1: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
One of the biggest supporters and kinsman of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, has declared that the president has lost the support of his political base, the South-south and the South-East owing to the failure of his government to deliver on its promises.

Dokubo-Asari, at a press conference in Abuja on Friday, said that it would be tough for Jonathan to win the presidential election in 2015 if he decides to run based on the poor showing of his administration.

He said that his decision to speak out was for him and others who are ardent supporters of Jonathan not to be blamed for his failure in 2015.

He said: “I want to start with an Ijaw proverb, which says: the eyes watched its seven children to death. Instead of advising them, it was just looking at them until they died, while the mouth talked its only child to life and success.

“We have continued as Ijaw people and the entire Niger Delta and South-South to support the presidency of President Goodluck Jonathan, but a time has come when silence cannot be golden.

“We mainly speak out in issues that are very critical to the survival of our people, the survival of the people of the South-South and the South-East, which happens to be the political base of Goodluck Jonathan.

“Jonathan is surrounded by very greedy people who are only in the Presidency to enrich themselves at the expense of Goodluck himself.

“This brings us to another Kalabari proverb, which says: where there are elders, a goat cannot be allowed to deliver tied to a stick.

“If we don’t talk and we continue to brush it aside, tomorrow we will be blamed and people will say: Mujahid Dokubo-Asari was around when Goodlcuk Jonathan was president and he didn’t talk.

“Them I will be an accomplice and accessory after the fact….

“It is alarming because the South-South must have its uninterrupted eight years tenure, which is constitutional.

“But with how things are going under Jonathan’s watch, we are afraid that we may not be able to have our eight years tenure because there will be no magic about it if it is going to be one man one vote.”

Dokubo-Asari said he will continue to speak out despite the fact that he had benefitted from Jonathan, adding that one of those causing trouble for the President remains the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Chief Godsday Orubebe.

He said: “I have benefited immensely from Goodluck Jonathan with my stake but benefit alone is not enough to make me to keep quiet when the period is very challenging for our people.

“So, some of us are tempted to ask this question: why are all these things happening?

“Why has the President allow some ministers like Godsday Orubebe to continue in government?

“Everyday people die on the East-West Road.

“If Orubebe is incompetent as he has shown himself to be, he should be removed.

“Nobody voted for Orubebe.

“And why is Orubebe so important to the President that he can’t remove him even in the face of his obvious incompetence and several allegation to corruption?

“We feel very ashamed and embarrassed.

“Orubebe was one of us.

“He was attending meetings with us, sleeping in the ground with us, entering night bus with us and we nominated him to be appointed a minister.

“We have gone to him and complained to him that we don’t like they way things are going in his ministry and told him that if the President leaves in 2015 without the completion of the East-West Road, we are finished.

“And the man keeps telling us there is no money.

“When IBB (former military President Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida) was there, there was money.

“When Abacha was there, there was money.

“When others were there, there was money.

“How come the money disappeared when Jonathan got there?

“Jonathan and orubebe will account for the death in the East-West Road.”

On the face-off between Jonathan and former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Dokubo-Asari said there was no need for it.

He said that no matter what Jonathan feels, he still remains a beneficiary of Obasanjo’s large heartedness.

He said: “First, there was no need for Goodluck Jonathan to disagree with Olusegun Obasanjo.

“I don’t like Obasanjo.

“I don’t like his face.

“I hate him.

“But he was instrumental in bringing Goodluck Jonathan to power.

“And the greedy people around Jonathan have not managed him enough to the extent that the President and people around him will allow Jonathan to disagree with Obasanjo openly.

“And if you check, all the people who supported Goodluck Jonathan and fought to bring him to power, have openly disagreed with him.

“What was the cause of these disagreements?

“These are the questions we want to put to the president.

“Some people say Obasanjo is manipulating Goodluck Jonathan, that is why Jonathan is disagreeing with him and we ask: what has Goodluck Jonathan’s government achieved to show that it is a departure from other governments that have existed since 1956?

“For us, nothing has changed.

“It is still business as usual.

“So what are the advice that Obasanjo gave to Jonathan that were so difficult for him to fulfill, that made him decide to fall out with Obasanjo?

“Obasanjo was instrumental and manipulated the process that illegally removed Diepreye Alamieyeseigha as governor of Bayelsa State and installed Jonathan as governor, made him vice president, fought for him to become acting president and also fought for him to become president of Nigeria.

“Apart from Obasanjo, there are so many people who supported Goodluck Jonathan, some have been pushed out by those who were not there to give him any support, while some others are trapped and they cannot talk.

I have a feeling that Fulani man Buhari would have done more for Niger-delta than Jonathan has done so far Jonathan has done nothing for Niger Delta actually. It is getting more and more difficult to support him, the second niger bridge is another issue. Even his allies are denouncing him. What a shame!
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
I really don't know what to make of this dude, asari spoke some truth.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by mankand(m): 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
hmmm will be right back
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by nairaarea: 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
A CASE IN QUESTION:The delay in implementing recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme, UNEP, in Ogoni, Rivers State

The delay in implementing recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme, UNEP, in Ogoni, Rivers State, by the Federal Government, has been described as an open sore on the conscience of the government.

Renowned environmentalist, Mr. Nnimmo Bassey, who spoke, yesterday, in Port Harcourt, on the sidelines of a roundtable on the report, said that inaction of the government two years after the report was released, was lamentable.

Urging government at all levels to make the environment a major concern, he called on people of the Niger Delta to engage in what he termed direct peaceful actions to put pressure on the government to be alive to its responsibilities.

The environmentalist, who went round some spill sites in Ogoni with the Co-Chair, Right Livelihood Award Foundation, Dr. Monika Griefahn, said he was shocked to discover that residents had fled Goin community in Ogoni because of pollution.

Calling on government to take practical steps to implement the report, he said that what he saw in several parts of Ogoni were sign posts mounted by Hydro-Carbon Pollution and Restoration Project, HYPREP, with the inscription, ‘This is a polluted area.’

“All you see are signposts by HYPREP, saying this is a polluted area. Where do the people go to when all their communities are polluted? Both surface and ground water is polluted. The land itself is polluted. The situation calls for emergency on environment to be declared,” he said.

He called for community participation to end oil theft, adding that government should stop opening new oil fields to save the region from reccurring oil spills.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/unep-report-ogoni-environmentalist-flays-fgs-inaction/#sthash.cGjHHFUV.dpuf

Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by nairaarea: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
A CASE IN QUESTION:The delay in implementing recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme, UNEP, in Ogoni, Rivers State

The delay in implementing recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme, UNEP, in Ogoni, Rivers State, by the Federal Government, has been described as an open sore on the conscience of the government.

Renowned environmentalist, Mr. Nnimmo Bassey, who spoke, yesterday, in Port Harcourt, on the sidelines of a roundtable on the report, said that inaction of the government two years after the report was released, was lamentable.

Urging government at all levels to make the environment a major concern, he called on people of the Niger Delta to engage in what he termed direct peaceful actions to put pressure on the government to be alive to its responsibilities.

The environmentalist, who went round some spill sites in Ogoni with the Co-Chair, Right Livelihood Award Foundation, Dr. Monika Griefahn, said he was shocked to discover that residents had fled Goin community in Ogoni because of pollution.

Calling on government to take practical steps to implement the report, he said that what he saw in several parts of Ogoni were sign posts mounted by Hydro-Carbon Pollution and Restoration Project, HYPREP, with the inscription, ‘This is a polluted area.’

“All you see are signposts by HYPREP, saying this is a polluted area. Where do the people go to when all their communities are polluted? Both surface and ground water is polluted. The land itself is polluted. The situation calls for emergency on environment to be declared,” he said.

He called for community participation to end oil theft, adding that government should stop opening new oil fields to save the region from reccurring oil spills.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/unep-report-ogoni-environmentalist-flays-fgs-inaction/#sthash.cGjHHFUV.dpuf

Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by nairaarea: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2013

Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by MANOSUB(m): 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
This guy has decided to make himself a robot to anyone who is able to tame him. Its a disgrace on his side since he cannot stand to his word! I thought he said GEJ must come back in 2015 otherwise Nigeria will divide. Just look at how he has made himself a dog to be used by politician who are stronger than GEJ. His arrest in Benin Republic has thought him a lesson. I have never respected him and i will never respect him because he is a thief, looting our crude oil through the high in power. God will punish all of you who says Nigeria will know no peace. Dont worry after 2015, you will be required to prove how you got all those money you used in investing in Benin Rep. and in Nigeria if any.

1 Like

Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by NosoChic: 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hope tomorrow now he won't deny this speech on.

Anyways if true.....He indeed spoke some truth. Mr President is surrounded by very greedy people who are there to enrich themselves Shikena
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by eluquenson(m): 10:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
Asari is just a hypocrite undecided
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by omniwater007: 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
Observation mode activated!!!
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Eziachi: 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wasn't that meant to be Chibuike Amaechi or is it a misprint?
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Capisco(m): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
This criminal militant speaks with so much ego and freedom dat maks me wonder if he has immunity...he made very terrible peace threatening statements in d past and and went scotfree so he fills he is untouchable...bt on a closer luk he was indirectly solicitin support 4 buhari..its obvious dat religion commands sentiments more dan ethnicity.. D nigerian opposition(APC)'s religious inclination is bcomin more glarin by d day...d latest decampee a terrorist alhaji speakin in favor of his likes
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by medalz(m): 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Where are the GEJ's die hard paid dogz even ur boss that gets higher pay has spoken the truth.
Truth is bitter. Thanks Asari Dokubo

Are the MODs sleeping, dis ought to have made frontpage.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Shey na.d same Asari dokubo
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by chucky234(m): 12:25am On Dec 03, 2013
Seem Beninoise taught Asari some lessons before setting him free, he spoke like a sane man for the first time in his entire thuggery pathetic life.
GEJ is a total failure no doubt.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by ollyboy1: 6:39am On Dec 03, 2013
I don't really understand what is going on, is this a game plan or something else? because Gej must realise this will affect his bid to contest come 2015 and he allowed that to happen. Nigerians need to wake up and be vigilant.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Adindupeter: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2013
The best way to pour out your anger against Chief
Godsday Orubebe... You can't replace him dog!! Chief
Godsday Orubebe is going nowhere!!!
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by omenka(m): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2013
Though the PDP disgusts me, i think this is an old article we've dealt with before. This was Asari before he became 'born again'.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Tundenoni(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Hmmmm......strange but true
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Tundenoni(m): 7:22am On Dec 03, 2013
eluquenson: Asari is just a hypocrite undecided
anoda MUMU in d house!....still wondering if truth would ever be sweet.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2013
this guy's views on Pres. Jonathan's administration is so subjective... I just come to believe that we as citizens someone unappreciate the freedom of expression. In countries like UAE or Saudi, Dokubo would have been executed... what has he done to help amend the wrongs of Orubebe?? guess if he was in Orubebe's position, he would have acquired a private jet too..

Lets be real for once, Pres. Jonathan's policies favoured businesses far more than OBJ's regime, where under his nose, the Attroney Gen. of the federation was assasinated... Jonathan is under intense pressure. Nigeria is ours and we all have to do our bits to better the country.. Perhaps if we tackle the greedy people who have occupied these offices,the President will get the message and sit up right....

Asari Dokubo is just an irrelevant illiterate who earns a living by stirring emotions against those who don't support his criminal ways... I think its time to have him back in Jail... Hes far better off in prison than being in the news talking trash about one of the best administrations we've ever had...

Clean Yourself first, before you try to clean the dirt in others.... there will always be corruption, how we deal with it is what matters...
#Shoutout to Dino Melaye and others who are campaigning for a better society...

We are fed up of having religious and ethnic bigots being given space in our media.....
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Bright2(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2013
If i am Asari,i'll do thesame thing to get my own cut & maintain my relevancy now that Jonathan needs supporters but the other way round,this is Jonathan pattern when he want to do things for the Niger Delta which will attract complains from other region,he will call on a Niger Deltan to come & cry first ofcause Asari is that man that can cry better for his people. Just watch & see what will happen in this region any moment from now.Asari will rather die than to deviate from Jonathan.This is what it takes to be a politician in Nigeria,the way you reason is not the way they do but at the end they archieve what they had in mind! Just follow Asari in 2014 & see the outcome of his comment today!
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Adindupeter: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=medalz]Where are the GEJ's die hard paid dogz even ur boss that gets higher pay has spoken the truth.
Truth is bitter. Thanks Asari Dokubo

This interview is a year old buddy.. https://www.nairaland.com/1540608/pres-jonathan-t-win-2015
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by ollyboy1: 2:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
“I will, more than ever before, subject myself to severe self- discipline. Only men who are masters of themselves become easily masters of others. Therefore, my thoughts, my tongue, and my actions shall be brought under strict control always.”
       Awolowo
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by desgiezd(m): 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
ollyboy1:
“And if you check, all the people who supported Goodluck Jonathan and fought to bring him to power, have openly disagreed with him.

“Obasanjo was instrumental and manipulated the process that illegally removed Diepreye Alamieyeseigha as governor of Bayelsa State and installed Jonathan as governor, made him vice president, fought for him to become acting president and also fought for him to become president of Nigeria.

“Apart from Obasanjo, there are so many people who supported Goodluck Jonathan, some have been pushed out by those who were not there to give him any support, while some others are trapped and they cannot talk.

I have a feeling that Fulani man Buhari would have done more for Niger-delta than Jonathan has done so far Jonathan has done nothing for Niger Delta actually. It is getting more and more difficult to support him, the second niger bridge is another issue. Even his allies are denouncing him. What a shame!

This guy has just said it all the way it is. I still wonder why the President acts the way he does.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Nairaland is filled with nincompoops and buffoons with IQs south of 90. Look at them jumping at this thread like demented cockroaches.
A baboon went to dig up a story from 2012 to feed u people and he was dishonest enough not to include the source. The sad ungulates on this thread are already jumping at it and commenting and gibbering away. SMH.
Una no get brain at all. I have marked ur names. The day I find myself crossing words with any of u roaches and u try to tell me how intelligent u are, I will give u whats for.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by talktrue1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tomorrow, he will be the one clamoring that there will be war if GEJ didnt get 2nd term
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by desgiezd(m): 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: Nairaland is filled with nincompoops and buffoons with IQs south of 90. Look at them jumping at this thread like demented cockroaches.
A baboon went to dig up a story from 2012 to feed u people and he was dishonest enough not to include the source. The sad ungulates on this thread are already jumping at it and commenting and gibbering away. SMH.
Una no get brain at all. I have marked ur names. The day I find myself crossing words with any of u roaches and u try to tell me how intelligent u are, I will give u whats for.

2012 Story or 2013 - whatever. The truth is that Asari said these things and they are the truth
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by theoctopus: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is fabricated. He gave an Interview in 2012 and events has since overtaken those issues. He was actually abgry then that the FG should take care of his children and other stuff.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-you-are-losing-base-dokubo-warns-jonathan/133628
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by DerideGull(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP

I have no qualms in stating my wish as far as Nigeria is concerned. I had constantly wished Nigeria is disintegrated however the loudmouthed ninnies such as Asari Dokubo should understand that Nigeria is not made up by only the so-called Niger Delta, South-South and South-East.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Capisco: This criminal militant speaks with so much ego and freedom dat maks me wonder if he has immunity...he made very terrible peace threatening statements in d past and and went scotfree so he fills he is untouchable...bt on a closer luk he was indirectly solicitin support 4 buhari..its obvious dat religion commands sentiments more dan ethnicity.. D nigerian opposition(APC)'s religious inclination is bcomin more glarin by d day...d latest decampee a terrorist alhaji speakin in favor of his likes
Knowing u in real life must be hazard to ones health and safety. You are a very dangerous human being.
Re: "Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015" - Dokubo Asari by ollyboy1: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2013
@OP

I have no qualms in stating my wish as far as Nigeria is concerned. I had constantly wished Nigeria is disintegrated however the loudmouthed ninnies such as Asari Dokubo should understand that Nigeria is not made up by only the so-called Niger Delta, South-South and South-East

Irrespective of what Asari position is, I still believe in One Nigeria!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davis Revelation: Nigerians-ll Hear From Us Soon -boko Haram / GEJ Finally Accepts To Apologise To Gen. Buhari Befor John Kerry. / Evidence That Rivers State People Hate Buhari. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.