Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. (4241 Views)

A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 03, 2013
Is your iman in the right state?
Do you feel close to Allah when you prostrate?
Do you live life abiding by the laws the Qur'an dictates?
Or do you just enjoy this dunya,thinking there's time to repent and it's never too late?
He who delays repentance will have an unfortunate end to his lifetime
Are you aware that Allah sees what you do whether it's day time or it's night time?
Death could come to you at anytime,what if you don't get to repent on time?
what if that sin is the action that you get to do for the very last time?
Kullu nafsin dha'iqatul mawt
Death will come to you at the appointed time
You can't tell the angel 'go away and come back another time'
You're sleeping on the right path,this life is unpredictable you can't calculate it like math
You say you're a muslim yet you don't act like one
Put on skinny jeans and tight dresses,you don't even dress like one
You don't wanna wear the hijab,you say it's your beauty it's hiding
So? is it your body you wanna be advertising?

2 Likes

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 03, 2013
U say the faith is in your heart and it doesn't matter how you look
hm,I bet you'll be surprised on the judgement day when you see what's written in your record book
You say 'what's up' instead of greeting your brothers with salaam
Time and again you're deviating from the teachings of Islam
Don't be obsessed with always trying to impress
It's the temptations to commit evil deeds you should fight to supress
Forget about the views of the people,because before Allah you and them are all equal
Except he whose faith is of a higher degree
So obey each and every one of Allah's decrees
O misguided teen!
Do not turn away from the true deen
I know the truth might be hurtful,but search your heart and you'll be suprised to find out how close you are to being unfaithful
Live life like a true muslim so you can die a mu'min
The shaytan is behind the scene,directing us to commit sin
Though he is one being we have never seen,be rest assured he exists and is trying to turn us away from siratal mustaqeem

1 Like

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 03, 2013
So what you gonna do when the devil whispers to you?
Seek refuge with Allah or let his deceit consume you?
Blessed is he who refrains from all evil
No matter how much he's being pushed by the devil
But woe unto he who let himself be deceived
It's a jihad within your own self
A fight no one else can win but yourself
Purify that organ that lays beneath your chest(heart) 'cause if it's good,there's no need to worry about the rest
This life is but a test,leave alone what Allah detests
His reward is great for he who remains patient and perseveres,but if you let the devil take the wheel,his punishment is severe
Allah alone should you fear and revere
Turn to Allah each time you fall into error and repent
Because while you're still alive it's never too late to escape the torment
Allah's mercy outweighs his wrath
But that's no excuse for us to keep straying away from the right path

1 Like

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 03, 2013
We're young but not dumb
Let us stand up in night prayer till our feet become numb
Each day we pick up the comb and straighten our hair
But do we straighten our ways and obey the one who makes it possible for us to breathe this air?
Do not be a misguided teen
Allah gave us guidance through the Qur'an and the sunnah of rasulullah(saw),study them and acquire knowledge about the true deen
Do not worship your heart and forget about your lord
Do not displease Al-khaliq and seek to impress the created
Allah is oft forgiving,your burdens he's ever ready to relieve
Open your heart and receive
Blessings that none else can give
forget about the Dunya,and aim for jannah
May Allah guide us right and may we die as believers
Allahumma Ameen

1 Like

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by zayhal(f): 3:06am On Dec 03, 2013
You make your writing appear less important by using so many short forms. And it also makes the writer appear a bit unserious. Why type 'finking' instead of 'thinking'? What stops you from typing 'the' in place of 'tha' that you typed, it's the same 3 letters. Why gr8 instead of 'great'.

Such writing style removes the beauty from your writing no matter how rich your content is. Asalam alaykum.
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2013
zayhal: You make your writing appear less important by using so many short forms. And it also makes the writer appear a bit unserious. Why type 'finking' instead of 'thinking'? What stops you from typing 'the' in place of 'tha' that you typed, it's the same 3 letters. Why gr8 instead of 'great'.

Such writing style removes the beauty from your writing no matter how rich your content is. Asalam alaykum.
Thank you..I really didn't know all that..plus I get tired easily while typin that's why i tend to use short forms..I'm not really a writer per say,i just recently picked interest..I'll heed ur advice insha Allah..jazakillahu khairan..
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by kemiola89(f): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
Wow! Your poem is deep and captivating.
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
kemiola89: Wow! Your poem is deep and captivating.
thanks..i hope u learnt somethin from it too
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by sino(m): 11:23am On Dec 06, 2013
Jazakumullahu khayran bro for sharing your poetry, indeed its a good reminder.

I love poetry, even though i'm not versed in it, i like the way you employed rhymes in some of your verses...while reading, i got an impression of a rap kind of...(which is cool to me, especially if it was a performance 'spoken-word')

Still, i agree with zayhal on the use of shorthands, i almost wasn't interested in reading, so i implore you to make appropriate corrections on your poetry, space the verses or lines or group them in stanza if you like, so that people can appreciate your work and benefit immensely from it.

Looking forward to more bro.
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
sino: Jazakumullahu khayran bro for sharing your poetry, indeed its a good reminder.

I love poetry, even though i'm not versed in it, i like the way you employed rhymes in some of your verses...while reading, i got an impression of a rap kind of...(which is cool to me, especially if it was a performance 'spoken-word')

Still, i agree with zayhal on the use of shorthands, i almost wasn't interested in reading, so i implore you to make appropriate corrections on your poetry, space the verses or lines or group them in stanza if you like, so that people can appreciate your work and benefit immensely from it.

Looking forward to more bro.
Thanks for the suggestions.It's actually meant to be performance spoken word poetry,but I've never performed.got inspired by the likes of boona mohammed and more.have no idea where to perform my works so i chose to share it here instead.I've written another one called 'deceived by the devil' u can check it out too.Thanks again brother
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by horbeat(m): 4:45am On Oct 16, 2014
asalm alaykhum brethren, it is to my delight to see that you stated this great job, but so dishearten that you quit so soon. spoken words and poetry is considered as a powerful work of art that quick to registered emotional feeling into one's heart and erupt the spirit within, it is compelling and adorable by almost all living soul. if you are not a scholar that can preach Islam with stream of scholarly quotes, then why not with the creativity and artistic gift Allah has given you. Boonna Muhammad is best to emulate in this among others.
actually i was in search of a forum like this after i decided to stop writing poems and spoken words on secular ideology which i have been part of on several facebook groups and pages, i realized it is more beneficial to use my talent to preach Islam and earn reward than to promote western ideology and perhaps fall into sin.
this forum must not die, I pledge to take the charge and resuscitate it.

Jazhakhumullah Khairah.

Yours in Islam

Yusuf Lekan.
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by horbeat(m): 4:49am On Oct 16, 2014
[center]Existence of Allah

Reminiscence
I ponder into his existence
I wonder why he can’t be seen in essence
Yet he created us from ignorance to cognizance
He created the massive moon and makes it fluorescence
He beautifies the day with sun and installed the stars at night as ambience

I look, and look and I see
That Allah exists but can’t be seen
When pristine knowledge makes my mind glow
That all what he created is to make us grow

He is hidden above the heaven and the earth
With his knowledge encompasses everything on earth
And show his mighty with symbol and signs
That we may know, he is all doing and all knows

My heart long for the solace of Allah
And my fingers grasp the Holy Qur’an
I bow to him in my wonder
And hope my faith will never be gone.

Copyright: Yusuf Lekan
[/center]

3 Likes

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by horbeat(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
WHAT A SLAVE
What an ignoramus is he?
Who knows death is certain
Yet he commits sins

What a loser is he?
Who lived long on earth,
Yet has no fear of Allah in heart

What a shame is to he
Who knows what he does is sin
Yet fails to flee away from it

What an ingrate is he?
Who knows Allah sustains him
Yet bows to other than Him

What a liar is he?
Who claimed to love the Prophet,
Yet says his SUNNAH is less important

What will be his excuse?
When the uncertain time of death comes
What will be on his record?
When the time of judgment comes
What will be his plea to the Angels?
When he is been drag into the Hell

Copyright Yusuf Lekan

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Slitz(f): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2014
Color me Muslimah
with the brightest shades of guidance
a reflection of light perfected
a gift from the Owner of perfection.

Color me Muslimah
with the softest hue of peace
a radiation from within
a gift from the Source of all peace.

Color me Muslimah
with the finest garment of submission
my beauty like pearls, but screened
a gift from the One and Only Guide.

Color me Muslimah
with my gaze cast down
my forehead bearing the sign of those
who bow
to the ONE, the SUPREME BEING, my ALLAH.

The finest of colors for every Muslimah!

Slitz.

1 Like

Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Slitz(f): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2014
horbeat:
WHAT A SLAVE
What an ignoramus is he?
Who knows death is certain
Yet he commits sins

What a loser is he?
Who lived long on earth,
Yet has no fear of Allah in heart

What a shame is to he
Who knows what he does is sin
Yet fails to flee away from it

What an ingrate is he?
Who knows Allah sustains him
Yet bows to other than Him

What a liar is he?
Who claimed to love the Prophet,
Yet says his SUNNAH is less important

What will be his excuse?
When the uncertain time of death comes
What will be on his record?
When the time of judgment comes
What will be his plea to the Angels?
When he is been drag into the Hell

Copyright Yusuf Lekan
Nice!
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by horbeat(m): 2:54am On Oct 28, 2014
Slitz:
Color me Muslimah
with the brightest shades of guidance
a reflection of light perfected
a gift from the Owner of perfection.

Color me Muslimah
with the softest hue of peace
a radiation from within
a gift from the Source of all peace.

Color me Muslimah
with the finest garment of submission
my beauty like pearls, but screened
a gift from the One and Only Guide.

Color me Muslimah
with my gaze cast down
my forehead bearing the sign of those
who bow
to the ONE, the SUPREME BEING, my ALLAH.

The finest of colors for every Muslimah!

Slitz.

more ink to your pen.
Re: ''REMINDERS'' An Islamic Spoken Word Poem By Abdoolhafeez Yusuf.please Read. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Assalam alaikum...nice work lekon nd slitz..ur poems are inspiring and the message is passed in a beautiful way..may Allah reward u all..

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) / Can We Celebrate The Birthday Of Prophet Muhammad (maulud Nabiyy)? / Islamic Ruling On Castrating Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.