Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. (6927 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Baptism is a command of God. It is not a work of man. God says in plain, simple language, in multiple locations in the Bible, that he saves/forgives sins in Baptism. We accept God's literal Word. We take our infants to be baptized because God says to do it. Our infants are not saved because we perform the act of bringing them to the baptismal front...they are saved by the power of God's Word pronounced at the time of the Baptism.

So if you Ukuts is baptised to wash away your original sins and be born again, I wonder why you are jealous and angry that a baby is baptised also.
Think about why you got baptised bro and relate it to a child who might die before he gets to your age sir.
Thanks and stay blessed
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Did the bible mention that infants where in the households or u are just assuming?
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: Did the bible mention that infants where in the households or u are just assuming?
You've ignored all questions I asked you here. Anyway since you've said the bible never made mention of infants among the household, are you also assuming there were no infants?

MARK 1:9
Not long afterwards Jesus came from Nazareth in the province of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan

Jesus was baptized "in" the Jordan River

Does your pastor baptize all of his members in the Jordan River?

If not (and I seriously doubt that he flies all of you to Israel), then why does he take parts of the verse and say, "This is what it means!" but ignores the other parts?

Congrats for shying away from my previous questions
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Rich4god(m): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Colossus... I told you he is not willing to learn. He will keep on dodging questions and keep asking the same thing.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by SalC: 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

You've ignored all questions I asked you here.
Lol you don‘t know ukuts.

Answer your question? That one na for kuala lumpur.

Save he has repented sha.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

You've ignored all questions I asked you here. Anyway since you've said the bible never made mention of infants among the household, are you also assuming there were no infants?

MARK 1:9
Not long afterwards Jesus came from Nazareth in the province of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan

Jesus was baptized "in" the Jordan River

Does your pastor baptize all of his members in the Jordan River?

If not (and I seriously doubt that he flies all of you to Israel), then why does he take parts of the verse and say, "This is what it means!" but ignores the other parts?

i am always fed up with those dump question the catholic ask atimes. Does the question u ask now make any sense. Was everyone baptized in the bible baptised in river Jordan? Who told u that a little child is unsaved, so if a little child dies nw, he or she wil go to hell abi? If the bible does nt mention an infant as part of the household, while should u assume that an infant was among. U are nw using ur senses then? Isn't it?
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Pls try to be asking question that makes sense and is relevant to the issue at hand.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by SalC: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: Did the bible mention that infants where in the households or u are just assuming?

Oh and we can still use your tactics for you.

Did the bible say there were no infants in those households or you simply assuming that?
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by SalC: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: i am always fed up with those dump question the catholic ask atimes. Does the question u ask now make any sense. Was everyone baptized in the bible baptised in river Jordan? Who told u that a little child is unsaved, so if a little child dies nw, he or she wil go to hell abi? If the bible does nt mention an infant as part of the household, while should u assume that an infant was among. U are nw using ur senses then? Isn't it?

Isn‘t it even dumber to see a sensible adult ask if infants are part of the household, or did the bible state that the household were baptised without the infants?
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: Pls try to be asking question that makes sense and is relevant to the issue at hand.
Okay.
You need to offer a verse that says you must be baptised at a stipulated age.
Otherwise, you are using something OTHER than the Bible to decide such matters.
Also, you'll have to show where the Bible forbids the baptizing of infants.

Hint: Search from Genesis to Revelation.
If you find a single verse that forbids it please do let me know.
And if it doesn't, then you and your pastor need to re-examine your lives.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: Pls try to be asking question that makes sense and is relevant to the issue at hand.
Do you know St. Paul was baptised in a house?

ACTS 9:17-19
So Ananias went, entered the house where Saul was, and placed his hands on him. “Brother Saul,” he said, “the Lord has sent me — Jesus himself, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here. He sent me so that you might see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 At once something like fish scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he was able to see again. He stood up and was baptized;
19 and after he had eaten, his strength came back.

Can you explain the kind of immersion that was done here?
So, unless this house was submerged in water, it's hard to imagine how he could have been baptized by immersion.

Additionally, thousands of people in Jerusalem were baptized in one day after St. Peter preached.

ACTS 2:41
Many of them believed his message and were baptized, and about 3,000 people were added to the group that day.

So logistically it would have been impossible to immerse all of these people. There simply wasn't enough water in the ancient near east.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
In the bible, only believers who had placed their faith in christ were baptised-as a public testimony of their faith and identification with him(Acts 2:28, Rom 6:3-4). Water baptism by immersion is a step of obedience after faith in christ. It is a proclamation of faith in christ, a statement of submission to him and an identification with his death, burial and ressurection.

With this in view, infant baptism is nt a biblical practice. An infant cannot place his or her faith in christ. An infant cannot make a conscious decision to obey christ. An infant cannot understand what water baptism symbolizes. The bible does not record any infants being baptized.

Infant baptism is the origin of the sprinkling and pouring methods of baptism- as it is unwise and unsafe to immerse an infant under water. Even the method of infant baptism fails to agree with the bible.
How does pouring or sprinkling illustrate the death, burial and resurrection of christ? It certainly does nt.

Baptism does not save a person. It does not matter if you were baptized by immersion or what have u- if you have not first trusted in christ for salvation, baptism(no matter the method) is meaningless and useless. Water baptism by immersion is a step of obedience to be done after salvation as a public profession of faith in christ and identification with him.

Infant baptism does not fit the biblical definition of baptism or the biblical method of baptism.

Infant also was nt mentioned in all d household that was baptized. All must hv been at the age where they could believe the gospel and be baptized by immersion.

I hope my point is clear enough.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

Do you know St. Paul was baptised in a house?

So Ananias went, entered the house where Saul was, and placed his hands on him. “Brother Saul,” he said, “the Lord has sent me — Jesus himself, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here. He sent me so that you might see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 At once something like fish scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he was able to see again. He stood up and was baptized;

Can you explain the kind of immersion that was done here?
So, unless this house was submerged in water, it's hard to imagine how he could have been baptized by immersion.

Additionally, thousands of people in Jerusalem were baptized in one day after St. Peter preached.

ACTS 2:41
Many of them believed his message and were baptized, and about 3,000 people were added to the group that day.

So logistically it would have been impossible to immerse all of these people. There simply wasn't enough water in the ancient near east.
you must be very funny to think that that scripture shows that paul was baptised in his house cos he must have been in sitting position before cos he was blind and have nt eaten for 3days. So after he was prayed for and received his sight and eaten some food he stood up and was baptised. Does the bible say it was in his house that he was baptized, the answer is no. He must have stood up and went with Ananias to a river where he was baptized. So pls say another thing.

Who told you that it was impossible to baptize 3000 persons in a day? And does the bible indicate that there was no enough water there? Even if there was no enough water, does that implies the available one wont be enough to baptize 3000 persons? Pls tell a different story ok.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sal C:
Isn‘t it even dumber to see a sensible adult ask if infants are part of the household, or did the bible state that the household were baptised without the infants?
does d bible say infants are part of the houshold. Does an infant hv the capacity to believe the gospel and in christ? D answer is no.

I know u must come. Why dnt u leave us alone na. It is one on one thing ok. Till others will join.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by SalC: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: does d bible say infants are part of the houshold. Does an infant hv the capacity to believe the gospel and in christ? D answer is no.

I know u must come. Why dnt u leave us alone na. It is one on one thing ok. Till others will join.
Lol you don‘t want me to join?
So it‘s now a crime to post in a thread that has to do with my belief.
Or perhaps it‘s because you know am good at making you shoot your own foot.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp:
Infant baptism is the origin of the sprinkling and pouring methods of baptism- as it is unwise and unsafe to immerse an infant under water. Even the method of infant baptism fails to agree with the bible
EZEKIEL 36:25-27
 I will sprinkle clean water on you and make you clean from all your idols and everything else that has defiled you. 26 I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart. 27 I will put my spirit in you and I will see to it that you follow my laws and keep all the commands I have given you

1 Like

Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: In the bible, only believers who had placed their faith in christ were baptised
What about St. Dismas (the good thief that died with Jesus)
What Bible verse says he was baptized?

We just don't know whether he was baptized before or not.

1 Like

Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp:
With this in view, infant baptism is nt a biblical practice. An infant cannot place his or her faith in christ. An infant cannot make a conscious decision to obey christ. An infant cannot understand what water baptism symbolizes. The bible does not record any infants being baptized
Babies do not have freedom of choice in anything.
It is the will of the parents that merits the grace of salvation offered by Christ through the sacrament of Baptism.
In Exodus 2, we read that Moses was drawn from the water. Moses had no choice as an infant. His parent had the choice of death or to be saved by water for Moses as a baby.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: Baptism does not save a person. It does not matter if you were baptized by immersion or what have u- if you have not first trusted in christ for salvation, baptism(no matter the method) is meaningless and useless.
So why are you bothered about infant baptism?
Keep contradicting yourself sir
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp:
Infant also was nt mentioned in all d household that was baptized. All must hv been at the age where they could believe the gospel and be baptized by immersion.
What does the word HOUSEHOLD mean?
Does it include infants and adults stated or not stated?
You keep assuuming yet you fault me that I also assume
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: (Rom 6:3-4). Water baptism by immersion is a step of obedience after faith in christ. It is a proclamation of faith in christ, a statement of submission to him and an identification with his death, burial and ressurection.
ROMANS 6:3-4
For surely you know that when we were baptized into union with Christ Jesus, we were baptized into union with his death.
4 By our baptism, then, we were buried with him and shared his death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from death by the glorious power of the Father, so also we might live a new life.

Amen!!!

So if you take burial as a parallel with immersion, that is something you have ADDED to Scripture.
Jesus was buried but was NOT IMMERSED in the ground. He was laid to rest in a tomb which is ABOVE the ground.
How does it sound when your pastor proclaim that a burial metaphor must mean immersion, when Jesus' own example of a burial excludes immersion into the ground?
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp:
I hope my point is clear enough.
I hope you retrieve your claims cool
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
@OP you need a lesson in history and how the present Bible you know wave in peoples faces came about
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: you must be very funny to think that that scripture shows that paul was baptised in his house cos he must have been in sitting position before cos he was blind and have nt eaten for 3days. So after he was prayed for and received his sight and eaten some food he stood up and was baptised. Does the bible say it was in his house that he was baptized, the answer is no. He must have stood up and went with Ananias to a river where he was baptized. So pls say another thing.
colo$$u$:

You are the one who is funny here since you've decided to add and remove what you can clearly see here. Shake my head for yo!!!
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sal C:
Lol you don‘t want me to join?
So it‘s now a crime to post in a thread that has to do with my belief.
Or perhaps it‘s because you know am good at making you shoot your own foot.
or u always ask silly questions.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

EZEKIEL 36:25-27
 I will sprinkle clean water on you and make you clean from all your idols and everything else that has defiled you. 26 I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart. 27 I will put my spirit in you and I will see to it that you follow my laws and keep all the commands I have given you
ha ha funny. Is it spiritual water or physical water that God is talking about? Hw is the baptism jesus instituted connected to these veres of scripture? Had any apostle of jesus done baptism by sprinkling? True or false?
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

ROMANS 6:3-4
For surely you know that when we were baptized into union with Christ Jesus, we were baptized into union with his death.
4 By our baptism, then, we were buried with him and shared his death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from death by the glorious power of the Father, so also we might live a new life.

Amen!!!

So if you take burial as a parallel with immersion, that is something you have ADDED to Scripture.
Jesus was buried but was NOT IMMERSED in the ground. He was laid to rest in a tomb which is ABOVE the ground.
How does it sound when your pastor proclaim that a burial metaphor must mean immersion, when Jesus' own example of a burial excludes immersion into the ground?
shallow thinking. Cant u see the connection between christ burial and baptism in those verses of scripture? Just as christ is buried in the earth so we are buried with him in baptism into his death. Immersing one into the water symbolises his burial in the earth while bringing one from the water symbolises his resurrection. U are only intending to bring logic to manipulate and twist that verse as the catholic normally do. Since without twisting they cannot defend their lies. I am use to all their tactics.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
Answer my previous questions
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by SalC: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ukuts gp: or u always ask silly questions.
LOL
They are silly to you because you have no answer to.

You have been shouting, catholics come and defend blah blah blah. Now u don‘t want me here again.
Don‘t worry i won‘t participate much so you don‘t loose your sanity.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by colossus2: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sal C: LOL
They are silly to you because you have no answer to.

You have been shouting, catholics come and defend blah blah blah. Now u don‘t want me here again.
Don‘t worry i won‘t participate much so you don‘t loose your sanity.
Lol. I'm off also cos he has been gallivanting and beating around
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

So why are you bothered about infant baptism?
Keep contradicting yourself sir
i just said this to say that baptism does nt save. As one can be baptised and latter backslide and become a pagan. Baptism by immersion is the right way to be baptized all other ways are fake.
Re: 51 Lies Propagated By The Roman Catholic Every Christians Should Know. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
colo$$u$:

You are the one who is funny here since you've decided to add and remove what you can clearly see here. Shake my head for yo!!!
i have given u d explanation. So what is the bickering all abt? That is d true explanation or else u want to manipulate it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Back-to-sender Doctrine Is Anti- Christ / Td Snakes, Eddie Long Dong, Creflo Naira, Oledepo, Pastor Tithe, Rev Moola / Why Are Most White Folks Irreligious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.