Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU (9494 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: #sighs# Okay sir, thanks a lot sir. You evaded a question of mine, but i will pretend i didnt notice smiley

Ouch! Oya, tell me I will if I can answer it
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Ariyke: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

It may superficially appear like that, but in all honesty that was not the intention.

I believe other debaters have learnt from it.
ok we are all here to learn
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ariyke: ok we are all here to learn
You are right ma'am
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Fynestboi: 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
Fynestboi: smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

My Oga, weldone ooo.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Fynestboi: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

My Oga, weldone ooo.
tuale how was the wedding
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

Ouch! Oya, tell me I will if I can answer it
The question is on page 6 but you can as well forget it sir.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Fynestboi: tuale how was the wedding

Splendid! I will send the cake through electomagnetic wave
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Fynestboi: 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

Waiting for that....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: The question is on page 6 but you can as well forget it sir.
Thanks, I will check now
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Fynestboi: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
[size=68pt]Standing...
RANKING

DELSU 78

UI 73

LAUTECH 70.5

UNILAG 70

OAU 70

UNIBEN 65.5

NDU 65

FUTA 56

FUNAAB 55

AAUA 53

FUTMINNA 53

UNN 48

IMSU 45.5

NU 33.5

OSUSTECH

UNIJOS 0

KSU
ABU ZARIA
LASU
UNIOSUN
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Fynestboi: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
thank you all....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Sir take a look at what you earlier posted, you mean you were expecting us to portray this in the course of the debate? If we had done this and if you were to be a judge, you mean you would have scored this as a point knowing FULL well that we were on the supporting side of the topic? I dont get this at all.

I finally found it.

I am not an expert in debate. But I will answer this to the best of my ability for the sole purpose of learning.

When preparing for a debate, you cant be certain about how your opponent thinks and how knowlegeable he or she is. Therfore it is very important that after thinking as someone who is opposing, you also need to think as someone who is supporting, then you can prepare the counter arguments.

I am very sure that you also believe that had it been the opponent raise the points I raised, the debate would have been tougher for you.

When I raised those points, I already had the counter arguments because have thought both like someone that is opposing and supporting. This is where the question of how sound and knowledgeable you are about the subject comes in. You escaped because your opponent appeared to be ignorant of these. But sebsequently do you know how sound your opponent will be?

Rebuttal stage is also meant for showing the weak points of your opponent's arguments because the juges may not even notice that.

Had your opponent did this, the battle of the wits would have been tougher for OAU team.

Also, the judges may look at those directions and your argument may not convince them. As emphatic as those points appear, they are not without counter arguments.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
I am still a learner
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
boay:

I finally found it.

I am not an expert in debate. But I will answer this to the best of my ability for the sole purpose of learning.

When preparing for a debate, you cant be certain about how your opponent thinks and how knowlegeable he or she is. Therfore it is very important that after thinking as someone who is opposing, you also need to think as someone who is supporting, then you can prepare the counter arguments.

I am very sure that you also believe that had it been the opponent raise the points I raised, the debate would have been tougher for you.

When I raised those points, I already had the counter arguments because have thought both like someone that is opposing and supporting.

Also, the judges may look at those directions and your argument may not convince them. As emphatic as those points appear, they are not without counter arguments.
Still my questions werent answered, but i will end it here. Thanks all the same
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Sir take a look at what you earlier posted, you mean you were expecting us to portray this in the course of the debate? If we had done this and if you were to be a judge, you mean you would have scored this as a point knowing FULL well that we were on the supporting side of the topic? I dont get this at all.
Oluwatola5: Still my questions werent answered, but i will end it here. Thanks all the same

I didnt say you should expose your weak points to the judges.

But the question I indirectly asked by my posts is this: If your opponent gave those strongly convincing points (counter arguments), do you have counter counter arguments?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Mhyke: 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
@ funaab..d famous celebrities u mentioned dat fought for freedom nd unity in various aspects of life dd so in alliance wt their will,they fought for wat they belived bt dese corps ar being sentenced to death against their will,they neva askd to b posted thre.....nd d reason mandela nd his likes could fight till d end wuz dat they realised improvements due to their rebellion bt so far so gud,d impact d youth corp had on education at d north is negligible wen compared to d lives lost.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Mhyke: 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
bt i give kudos to both teams especially d funaab dudes.although from d luk of tins,they lost,bt thre are som debates (arguments) dat are already lost before they ar started due to d subject of d debate....d subject favoured d supporting team because it's nt history, it's d present,we'r xperiencing d situation nd reviewing past events,evn the dumb will hav lots to say in support of the topic...opposing it in success is kinda infeasible to me because b4 d issue of 'boko haram' d system used in posting of corps ddnt hv much positive impact in d society,d population could do wtout it.
1ce again,i applaude both teams.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=68pt]Standing...
RANKING

DELSU 78

UI 73

LAUTECH 70.5

UNILAG 70

OAU 70

UNIBEN 65.5

NDU 65

FUTA 56

FUNAAB 55

AAUA 53

FUTMINNA 53

UNN 48

IMSU 45.5

NU 33.5

OSUSTECH

UNIJOS 0

KSU
ABU ZARIA
LASU
UNIOSUN
[/size]
Who is delsu plz We wan claim no1 ooo.. UI team
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Mhyke: 11:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=68pt]Standing...
RANKING

DELSU 78

UI 73

LAUTECH 70.5

UNILAG 70

OAU 70

UNIBEN 65.5

NDU 65

FUTA 56

FUNAAB 55

AAUA 53

FUTMINNA 53

UNN 48

IMSU 45.5

NU 33.5

OSUSTECH

UNIJOS 0

KSU
ABU ZARIA
LASU
UNIOSUN
[/size]
y ar those schools cancelled?
nd y wre som skuls nt ranked?
4gv my ignorance pls
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:05am On Dec 08, 2013
boay: They subtly suggest seccession by opposing the motion with those points.
Sir, it is the stance we were given that demanded for such, every debeter does this, you dont care about your bad your topic is in the real sense, you just talk to convince the judges and the viewers. #just saying# if a debater was giving a topic like ''Aids has done more harm than good'' oppose the motion, the debater will go on making AIDS seem with lots of benefits even if in the real sense the person detests AIDS, its just the scope of debating, nothing can be done to change that.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:11am On Dec 08, 2013
boay:

I didnt say you should expose your weak points to the judges.

But the question I indirectly asked by my posts is this: If your opponent gave those strongly convincing points (counter arguments), do you have counter counter arguments?
Of course YES!!!! You got our essay mixed up sir, i dont know why, but if you read them well, at least mine, you will see that those areas were stressed out, not just the issue of the late 10, you are aware of the way bombings have been taking place severally, it isnt just about the Youth Corp members who died, it is more like preventing further happenings, and i hope you know that so many redeployment even caused problem for the NYSC management in year 2012 as most of the corps members rejected their deployment to the North as no corps member wanted to fall victim of the very ill fate that befell the late 10, if they saw it a political affair they wouldnt have redeployed

.........OH GOSH!!!!! I answered all this during the debate, not again!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 08, 2013
boay:

Bro u fit just see send my own too....
I receive cakes thru dat waves too....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2013
Oluwatola5:
Alright.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 9:11am On Dec 08, 2013
Oluwatola5:
Alright. Please dont see the challenge posed by my posts as a 'threat', but has a means to extend your tentacles and lengthen your cords.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2013
boay: Chai!!! I came late. #Wedding things#

Have read the presentations, wonderful performance from all participants.

The topic pitched it net at OAU's camp becaue they opposed the motion. They shrewdingly commit fallacy of misericordion by ONLY appealing to the pity of the audience and the judges. They over painted the death of 10 corps members in 2011 and effect of boko haram. They made people to see their death as ethnical instead of political, they made boko haram to appear as against corp members only. Didnt boko haram killed those that are hausa? How are you sure boko haram members are only northerners?

They opponent failed to counter their loose arguments by asking questions like: how many corp members have been killed by boko haram? Are boko haram guys killing only those from other tribe? How many states are affected by this insecurity?

OAU team seems to be myopic by only talking about hausa and Igbo. What of Igbo and Yoruba? How many Northern states are affected by boko haram? Must we be totally stop the program just because of very few state?

But OAU team made the best out of the opportunity of opposing.
if i can snap my points you would av seen the place i wrote opponent points and tackling. Their juju really works 4 my phone o
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2013
boay: OAU team stress political issues as ethnical. They subtly suggest seccession by opposing the motion with those points. The only point they made was insecurity with just 2 examples. After 2011 election, how many corps members have been killed.

They made the audience think that those from the same tribe dont kill each other. We have evidence against this everyday in our news.

i raised it but it was too late
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Damex333: if i can snap my points you would av seen the place i wrote opponent points and tackling. Their juju really works 4 my phone o
Damex333: i raised it but it was too late

Eeyah..... I also noticed you used your phone. I believe you have learnt from the competition. We can only keep getting better.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
youngprofdguru:

Bro u fit just see send my own too....
I receive cakes thru dat waves too....

Wow...! Good. Just be receptive.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
boay:

Eeyah..... I also noticed you used your phone. I believe you have learnt from the competition. We can only keep getting better.
yes o, we can only get beta
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Wadlove(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
PROUDLY FUNAABITE!!!I REP
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by WorldGreatest1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
Oluwatola5: Yh, me too, even the moniker speaks volume.......

Anyway, all the same, all join,
GREAT IFE!!!!!!!!!coolcoolcool
Congrats!!! I knew from the start that the trophy belongs to us.
Thumbs up to Tola & Cimitidine.
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Iffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos State University Part Time Application Form Is Out(external Campuses) / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... / BUK Expels 22 Students For Examination Mal-practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.