Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU (9499 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer:

My opponent stance is NYSC posting should limited to their zone. They can actually avoid the few states that is less than 6, and still keep the posting into other regions.
You'v agreed that Corp members don't need to go to d North? Those 6states?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
Damex333: after that post election incident. Site examples of other incident that solely affect NYSC MEMBERS dont we have university students that are affected? should we then say those student should run back home?
The NYSC members arent the only set of people constituting Southerners in the North, you all know what Southerners in the North are being made to face, what makes the corps members own a peculiar case is that they are being sent on a national assignment to serve their fatherland.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Davo93(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
pseudonomer:

My opponent stance is NYSC posting should limited to their zone. They can actually avoid the few states that is less than 6, and still keep the posting into other regions.
Ok sir. Thanks and Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
We all know the purpose, objectives and aim of The NYSC Scheme should we then say because of some enemy of the Government, so little risks rubbish this aim? I know your answers will be no, its a popular saying that "there is no work without its risks".
With this i hope i have been able to convince you that posting of NYSC members to their geo-political zone should not even be a thought in our mind not to talk of am action. Together lets say NO to it.
Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
In a nutshell, if we weigh the benefits and the risk involved in the NYSC's posting, we would see that the risk weighs more since lives are being claimed, as no greater offence has even the full back-up of the United Nations Universal Declaration on Human Rights because life is precious, no matter how small. So i hope with my few points stated up there, i have been able to convince you all that NYSC's posting should be limited, thank you all for taking your time to view this.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by DesChyko1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
*hands over an M-14 semi-automatic sniper rifle to pseudonomer*

You know whom to use it on.. cool

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
*hands over an M-14 semi-automatic sniper rifle to pseudonomer*

You know whom to use it on.. cool
d***x
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by xkid2000(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by xkid2000(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
4:33pm
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Abeg, who won jare?

Of the greateeeeeeeeeeeeest Ife!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
1st judge results
>>OAU
(oluwatola5)
1. Presentation - 5marks
2. Logic of arguments - 4mrks
3. Strength of facts, examples,cases -
3mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 4mrks
5. Demonstration of knowledge and
understanding of the subject - 4mrks
Total - 20

(cimetidine)
1. Presentation - 4marks
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases -
2mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 3mrks
Total - 17

>>FUNAAB
(pseudonomer)
1. Presentation - 3marks
3mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 5mrks
Total - 19

(Damex)
1. Presentation - 2marks
2. Logic of arguments - 1mrk
1mrk
4. Persuasiveness - 2mrks
understanding of the subject - 2mrks
Total - 8

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
2nd judge result
>>OAU
(oluwatola5)
1. Presentation - 4marks
2. Logic of arguments - 3mrks
3mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 4mrks
Total -18

(cimetidine)
1. Presentation - 3marks
2. Logic of arguments - 3mrks
3mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 3mrks
understanding of the subject - 3mrks
Total - 15

>>FUNAAB
(pseudonomer)
1. Presentation - 4marks
4mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 5mrks
Total - 21

(Damex)
1. Presentation - 1marks
2. Logic of arguments - 2mrk
2mrk
4. Persuasiveness - 0mrks
understanding of the subject - 2mrks
Total - 7

1 Like

combining , we have

>>OAU
1. Presentation - 16marks
2. Logic of arguments - 14mrks
11mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 14mrks
understanding of the subject - 15mrks
Total -70

>>FUNAAB
1. Presentation - 10marks
2. Logic of arguments - 11mrks
10mrks
4. Persuasiveness - 12mrks
understanding of the subject - 12mrks
Total - 55

O. A.U won this debate
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by xkid2000(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
GREAT!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Of the greeeaaaateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssttttttttt Ife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
Judges can now comment on the debate
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
alutacontinua: Of the greeeaaaateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssttttttttt Ife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were a judge, don't make this look suspicious!!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
Of the greatest gbigbi, of the greatest gbagba!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT IFEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by xkid2000(m): 4:53pm On Dec 07, 2013
cowleg:

Deschyko&omolola1 are the judges...! Greaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!! Make i go watch Epl sharpaly!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 07, 2013
cowleg:

I didn't judge anything as far as this debate is concerned! cool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Fynestboi: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
cowleg:

dnt miss it up, she didnt judge today.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miscellaneous(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
cowleg:

I bet that if you knew the processes involved to get the final results, you won't say this!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
hmmn....O.A.U------>70 marks.....great work o to the AWOITES...@oluwatola5 and cimentide........
and to the FUNAABITES, THE GREATEST AND BEST SKUL IN OGUN STATE, i really hail u guys courage and ur persuasiveness.....and i knw dat we OGUN PEEPS are proud of u guys cos u did us proud and u performed more than expection...u guys try o...
great work done....CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Davo93(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
Congrats OAU family cheesy

Looks to me Alutacontinua is/was a Great Ife Student?? smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by dahaz(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
congrats to all participating teams you all did well but unfortunately a winner must emerge and i say congrats to team OAU..oluwatola5 you won it for OAU
#thumbs up
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Davo93: Congrats OAU family cheesy

Yh, me too, even the moniker speaks volume.......

Anyway, all the same, all join,
GREAT IFE!!!!!!!!!coolcoolcool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
Davo93: Congrats OAU family cheesy

Where do you think I got my username from? wink
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
alutacontinua:

I didn't judge anything as far as this debate is concerned! cool

i read were you told fynestboi to add your name of judges list that was why i ask you this question?

Congrates OAU GREEEEEEEEEEAT IFE.......OLUWATOLA MAN OF THE MATCH!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by DesChyko1(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
Minus the debater whom for some reasons didn't follow up his arguments, this was an evenly contested heated affair.. Kudos to the OAU team for braving this one and equal measure to the FUNAAB team for putting up a great fight...

TEAM OAU

OLUWATOLA
Commanding performance from you. Your presentation and performance at the rebuttals are really commendable. Team OAU is in good hands. However, you must bear in mind that the basic tool is communication. Your vocabulary bank is wonderful, so is your ability to convince the audience without confusing them. Minimize/Maximize the use to best effect. Welldone.

CIMETIDINE
I must appreciate the way you kept your work simple while driving home your points. Makes for easy read and understanding. However, your essay is quite too casual for its purpose. You have to proofread after typing and make your points stronger with good evidence. Good attempt.

In general, your team work combined to good effect, especially in your rebuttals. You both deserve unreserved commendations for seeing it all the way through. However, you must avoid answering questions with questions. It does you no good at all.

TEAM FUNAAB

PSEUDONOMER
Quite a flawless essay from you and your performance at the rebuttals was excellent, most especially, your direct answers and calm parries. However, the absence of a topic dealt a terrible blow to your essay. Keep it up.

DAMEX333
Well, your essay had the makings of a good write up, but the overall presentation was dismal, due to the absence of a proper introduction(topic) as well as conclusion, worsened by a scanty content. You MUST be more reliable to lift your team. Your late appearance shows committment though. Work on it.

In general, Team work is the watchword. Prepare well together and you may actually show your true strength. Welldone.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
dahaz: congrats to all participating teams you all did well but unfortunately a winner must emerge and i say congrats to team OAU..oluwatola5 you won it for OAU
#thumbs up
Thanks a bunch sir #takes a bow#
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Kendzyma(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oau noni!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Kendzyma(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Waw,oau gurus dn do am again,nt surprisd aniway,we v alwaz won and we wil alwaz b winin,tanks 2 our hard core @cimetn and tola,u guys realy did a great job 2day...kidos! I gues d gflaks realy workd on tola*shines teeth*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Library And An Archive? / BUK Expels 22 Students For Examination Mal-practice / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.