Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU (9498 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
cowleg:

i read were you told fynestboi to add your name of judges list that was why i ask you this question?

Congrates OAU GREEEEEEEEEEAT IFE.......OLUWATOLA MAN OF THE MATCH!!
Lolzzzz.....thanks oga mi.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kendzyma: Waw,oau gurus dn do am again,nt surprisd aniway,we v alwaz won and we wil alwaz b winin,tanks 2 our hard core @cimetn and tola,u guys realy did a great job 2day...kidos! I gues d gflaks realy workd on tola*shines teeth*
Lol, yes oo, my oga, lots of gflakes to charge up the brain, and k-straw too coolcoolcool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Davo93(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
alutacontinua:

Where do you think I got my username from? wink
cheesy I thought as much too... Good to know my ever-sagacious family members here. We alutalize any struggle against oppression and emancipate struggle. Academic brilliance show is never jeopardized by our human right activism. grin

Another Great Ife is a counterfeit!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miracy(f): 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
*slips in my dancing shoes**
yippee!Great OAU won!
Bravo to my bosses,Oluwatola and Cimitidine,you guys are great indeed...thanks to you we won**kisses**

kudos to the reps of Funnab,you guys did a great job...

To the organisers,more knowledge to your brains...

#TeamproudlyOAU....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Great ife ko,Gr8 ife ni :DGreat ife ko,Gr8 ife ni
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
petreli08: Great ife ko,Gr8 ife ni :DGreat ife ko,Gr8 ife ni

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
alutacontinua:

tongue tongue tongue

great for osun state
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Miracy: *slips in my dancing shoes**
yippee!Great OAU won!
Bravo to my bosses,Oluwatola and Cimitidine,you guys are great indeed...thanks to you we won**kisses**

kudos to the reps of Funnab,you guys did a great job...

To the organisers,more knowledge to your brains...

#TeamproudlyOAU....
Thanks a lot my madam, 2 hands in the air for you ma.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
petreli08:

great for osun state

For ur mind tongue
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Congrats madam tola...**speaker of the day**
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by petreli08: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
alutacontinua:

For ur mind tongue

Na aro tins oo...i no sabi use d smileys
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
petreli08: Congrats madam tola...**speaker of the day**
Thanks a lot sir kiss
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miracy(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Thanks a lot my madam, 2 hands in the air for you ma.
your performance was excellent ma'am...so proud of you and i'm really glad learning from you...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Miracy(f): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Thanks a lot my madam, 2 hands in the air for you ma.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by DaizyJims(m): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Actually, all the debaters really tried. But you know nao, if e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol! Great Ife!!...Sharaout to my surest nigga, Cimetidine and Oluwatola! #JahBless!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by felastika(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
We have just two universities in nigeria... grin

Great work,Reps(cimetidine and oluwatola) of the gretest uni in west africa and its agbegbe(Neighbourhood)...congrats

#teamobaawonuni
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by laryom1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
CONGRATULOBIAAAAA!!!!!!!! #so happy# went to watch d epl nio.... Greeeeeeaaaaaaattttttteeeeeeessssstttttt Ifeeeee..... D argument was filled with suspense I must say..... More power to ur condyle Tola and cimetidine.... You really tried.... Pseudonoma, I gbadun u oo... Chai... D guy tried oo... I will dash u 5naira d anyday we meet.lol..... Greatest Ife! Greater Tola n Cimetidine!! Great nairaland....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Minus the debater whom for some reasons didn't follow up his arguments, this was an evenly contested heated affair.. Kudos to the OAU team for braving this one and equal measure to the FUNAAB team for putting up a great fight...

TEAM OAU

OLUWATOLA
Commanding performance from you. Your presentation and performance at the rebuttals are really commendable. Team OAU is in good hands. However, you must bear in mind that the basic tool is communication. Your vocabulary bank is wonderful, so is your ability to convince the audience without confusing them. Minimize/Maximize the use to best effect. Welldone.

CIMETIDINE
I must appreciate the way you kept your work simple while driving home your points. Makes for easy read and understanding. However, your essay is quite too casual for its purpose. You have to proofread after typing and make your points stronger with good evidence. Good attempt.

In general, your team work combined to good effect, especially in your rebuttals. You both deserve unreserved commendations for seeing it all the way through. However, you must avoid answering questions with questions. It does you no good at all.

TEAM FUNAAB

PSEUDONOMER
Quite a flawless essay from you and your performance at the rebuttals was excellent, most especially, your direct answers and calm parries. However, the absence of a topic dealt a terrible blow to your essay. Keep it up.

DAMEX333
Well, your essay had the makings of a good write up, but the overall presentation was dismal, due to the absence of a proper introduction(topic) as well as conclusion, worsened by a scanty content. You MUST be more reliable to lift your team. Your late appearance shows committment though. Work on it.

In general, Team work is the watchword. Prepare well together and you may actually show your true strength. Welldone.
Thanks for the compliment and the critique sir, i will keep this in mind to bring out my best next time sir. God bless you and thanks for taking your time, its quite a privilege being being shown the guide-light by a pro......smileysmileysmiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Olugbenger(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
To all the debaters, goodjob. . .

Sorry i couldn't wish you folks goodluck before the event commenced

Congrats to OAU, special thanks to Oluwatola5 and cimetidine. . .you guys rock! cool

Welldone, to the organisers and viewers.

How did i miss this?

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
Miracy: your performance was excellent ma'am...so proud of you and i'm really glad learning from you...
No, common, the reverse is the case ooo sad
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
DaizyJims: Actually, all the debaters really tried. But you know nao, if e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol! Great Ife!!...Sharaout to my surest nigga, Cimetidine and Oluwatola! #JahBless!
Thanks a lot boss of life!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
felastika: We have just two universities in nigeria... grin

Great work,Reps(cimetidine and oluwatola) of the gretest uni in west africa and its agbegbe(Neighbourhood)...congrats

#teamobaawonuni
Lol, abi ooo, i am proudly an Ifeite for life bro!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
laryom1: CONGRATULOBIAAAAA!!!!!!!! #so happy# went to watch d epl nio.... Greeeeeeaaaaaaattttttteeeeeeessssstttttt Ifeeeee..... D argument was filled with suspense I must say..... More power to ur condyle Tola and cimetidine.... You really tried.... Pseudonoma, I gbadun u oo... Chai... D guy tried oo... I will dash u 5naira d anyday we meet.lol..... Greatest Ife! Greater Tola n Cimetidine!! Great nairaland....
Thanks Laryom, and that my #5 i must collect it when we meet.....cool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Olugbenger: To all the debaters, goodjob. . .

Sorry i couldn't wish you folks goodluck before the event commenced

Congrats to OAU, special thanks to Oluwatola5 and cimetidine. . .you guys rock! cool

Welldone, to the organisers and viewers.

How did i miss this?

angry angry angry angry angry
Lol, sorry about that bro and thanks for complimenting me and my co-speaker....smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Oluwatola5(f): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hmmmm......i mustnt fail to compliment my opponents, Pseudonomer and Damex333, you gives really gave us a tough one, and in the spirit of sportmanship, i must applaud your efforts, it was really nice competing with you guys. More power to your elbow, and more MB to your phones/systems.....lolz.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by pseudonomer: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Gosh, I hate to lose... Even though I was very busy(attending to customers) during the debate, and my team mate was not in good shape which I see as the reason why we lost. Not happy though, we could have won. I pray we make it to the next round anyway.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Tolexander: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
we were built to be the best
Number one and nothing less
Leave us to our destiny
we have waited patiently
we have vision' oh we believe
we know we can count on me

[size=18pt](chorus)
So stand up for the champions
For the champions stand up
Stand up stand up
For the champions for the
champions
Stand up for the champions
Stand up stand up
champions
Stand up[/size]

Here we go it's getting close

Now it's just who wants it most
It's just life that's how it is
Cause we have our strength
and weaknesses
Oh we have vision' oh can't you
see
we're on the move make way for us

(chorus)
4x

And when we fall down
we have to pick ourselves back up
So stand up stand up for the
champions
Stand up stand up
champions
Stand up
4x
Stand up stand up
champions
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by pseudonomer: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Minus the debater whom for some reasons didn't follow up his arguments, this was an evenly contested heated affair.. Kudos to the OAU team for braving this one and equal measure to the FUNAAB team for putting up a great fight...

TEAM OAU

OLUWATOLA
Commanding performance from you. Your presentation and performance at the rebuttals are really commendable. Team OAU is in good hands. However, you must bear in mind that the basic tool is communication. Your vocabulary bank is wonderful, so is your ability to convince the audience without confusing them. Minimize/Maximize the use to best effect. Welldone.

CIMETIDINE
I must appreciate the way you kept your work simple while driving home your points. Makes for easy read and understanding. However, your essay is quite too casual for its purpose. You have to proofread after typing and make your points stronger with good evidence. Good attempt.

In general, your team work combined to good effect, especially in your rebuttals. You both deserve unreserved commendations for seeing it all the way through. However, you must avoid answering questions with questions. It does you no good at all.

TEAM FUNAAB

PSEUDONOMER
Quite a flawless essay from you and your performance at the rebuttals was excellent, most especially, your direct answers and calm parries. However, the absence of a topic dealt a terrible blow to your essay. Keep it up.

DAMEX333
Well, your essay had the makings of a good write up, but the overall presentation was dismal, due to the absence of a proper introduction(topic) as well as conclusion, worsened by a scanty content. You MUST be more reliable to lift your team. Your late appearance shows committment though. Work on it.

In general, Team work is the watchword. Prepare well together and you may actually show your true strength. Welldone.

Thank you very much. Please, I want you explain better what you meant by "absence of a topic".
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by cimetidine: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, could have prefered to lose in order for Chelsea to win. Anyways, Funnab, what's the scores?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by Tolexander: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Hmmmm......i mustnt fail to compliment my opponents, Pseudonomer and Damex333, you gives really gave us a tough one, and in the spirit of sportmanship, i must applaud your efforts, it was really nice competing with you guys. More power to your elbow, and more MB to your phones/systems.....lolz.
i didn't follow the debate only followed you posts.

Who are the other debaters(oau reps)?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by pseudonomer: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
cimetidine: Hmmmmmmm, could have prefered to lose in order for Chelsea to win. Anyways, Funnab, what's the scores?

You know you shouldn't be boosting... If my team-mate was fit, we would have won. Is like two against 1.5
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::winner: OAU by boay(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
Chai!!! I came late. #Wedding things#

Have read the presentations, wonderful performance from all participants.

The topic pitched it net at OAU's camp becaue they opposed the motion. They shrewdingly commit fallacy of misericordion by ONLY appealing to the pity of the audience and the judges. They over painted the death of 10 corps members in 2011 and effect of boko haram. They made people to see their death as ethnical instead of political, they made boko haram to appear as against corp members only. Didnt boko haram killed those that are hausa? How are you sure boko haram members are only northerners?

They opponent failed to counter their loose arguments by asking questions like: how many corp members have been killed by boko haram? Are boko haram guys killing only those from other tribe? How many states are affected by this insecurity?

OAU team seems to be myopic by only talking about hausa and Igbo. What of Igbo and Yoruba? How many Northern states are affected by boko haram? Must we be totally stop the program just because of very few state?

But OAU team made the best out of the opportunity of opposing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why The Government Is Right In Licensing New Private Universities (Opinion) / What's The Difference Between A Library And An Archive? / BUK Expels 22 Students For Examination Mal-practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.