Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State (1344 Views)

Buhari, Pay Fed Govt Workers Salary! / PENGASSAN To Embark On A Three-day Warning Strike Over Non-passage Of PIB / 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 04, 2013
Edo state teachers, local government worked and Government workers has commerce it 1 week strike for the failure of Edo State Government to meet with the minimum wage that was agreed on since 2010 and non payment of some council workers salary for more than two months.

Adams Oshiomole was the first Governor to flag and acknowledge the minimum wage campagne in Abuja and also made a press statement that all state government should follow same but has never implemented it for it state for years.

Edo State government said they has no much money for all these payment but what spark up the strike was when the same governor donated 60 million and order LGA chairmen to donate 2 million each (36 million naira) making the grand total of 96 million naira for book launching in Oba palace. The LG council workers said they have not be paid for more than 2 months now but the same government who said they have no money to pay workers were donating millions in just book launching.

The Primary and Secondary teachers said Adam Oshiomole doesnt practice what it preach that they were pleaded to call off their strike for 3 months that the state government will commence the necessary things they want but up till now they havent met with the promises.

Some residents reacted to the donation that there are thousands of bad roads that cannot be access and wonder why a State Govt will donate such huge money and they have been decieve by propaganda and hype of whats not reflecting on ground in Edo State by the State Government and call on the state government to address many road since it is dry season that they have no more excuses this time.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by August21(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2013
Inegbedion my guy hw far? na smith dey yarn o. na my profile be dis.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by ochilikoko(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2013
To cut evry thing short,Nigeria doesn"t av a leader.APC,PDP,LP all d same
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by anonimi: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2013
What is the source
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by vizboy(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2013
anonimi: What is the source
guy am in edo state and I can tell you that all Government own school are in strike. The thing is becoming too much
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
This must be a BIG "lie"!

Edo is a "progressive" state because it is governed by a "progressive" governor in a "progressive" party!

If the OP is not a "member" of the "demonic" party called the PDP, then it means that all those teachers and goverment workers are all "members" of the PDP.

That Oshimole did not pay salaries? That is "impossible"! Such evil can never happen in any state controlled by the "progressives".

Even the "go and die" statement might not really be the way people are lokking at it. I am suspecting that at the moment Oshimole was saying it, he was under the influence of the "evil forces" from the "evil party". No "progressive" member can say suck a thing, no matter how angry and provoked they are.

Nigerians should disregard this "smear" campaign!

How ever, if the "progressive" governor is actually owing salaries, the workers should please go back to work:

it is nothing but a "progressive" act!

3 Likes

Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by donphilopus: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
They're on "strike", agreed! The LG workers have been enjoying the minimum wage in Edo, But I'm not too sure of the Primary school teachers! But, I think they are also enjoying it. I'll try and confirm everything.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by anonimi: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2013
noblezone: This must be a BIG "lie"!

Edo is a "progressive" state because it is governed by a "progressive" governor in a "progressive" party!

If the OP is not a "member" of the "demonic" party called the PDP, then it means that all those teachers and goverment workers are all "members" of the PDP.

That Oshimole did not pay salaries? That is "impossible"! Such evil can never happen in any state controlled by the "progressives".

Even the "go and die" statement might not really be the way people are lokking at it. I am suspecting that at the moment Oshimole was saying it, he was under the influence of the "evil forces" from the "evil party". No "progressive" member can say suck a thing, no matter how angry and provoked they are.

How ever, if the "progressive" governor is actually owing salaries, the workers should please go back to work:

LOL.
Comedy Central live from Benin City grin
Pro-Aggressive, progreTHIEVES indeed.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by anonimi: 11:50am On Dec 05, 2013
donphilopus: They're on "strike", agreed! The LG workers have been enjoying the minimum wage in Edo, But I'm not too sure of the Primary school teachers! But, I think they are also enjoying it. I'll try and confirm everything.

Oga we still dey wait for your confirmation oh.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
anonimi:

Oga we still dey wait for your confirmation oh.

He has nothing to confirm bro salaries has not be paid to some workers for the past 2 months and they are been short paid. Edo state is paralyzed no work. Adam Oshiomole is the greatest Hypocrite and propagandist of our time
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2013
Most States are owing because the monthly federation allocation was delayed for 2months. I believe they'll pay soon. I'm also being owed.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
noblezone: This must be a BIG "lie"!

if ur brain is in good condition, u will undstnd these:

1. How many strikes occurred during ur PDP's 14yrs rule

2. Ur clueless president implemented the minimum wage but didn't increase states' allocations. And even, states' allocations were being reduced!

Did he even pay the federal workers?

3. Whatever sarcasm u are trying to put on, the joke is on u!
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo: Most States are owing because the monthly federation allocation was delayed for 2months. I believe they'll pay soon. I'm also being owed.

My friend open that link below and read for urself not just two months some agreement meant five years ago has not been fulfilled. Both State own hospitals and every government agency is on strike later the same APC will be condemning Fed Govt over ASUU

THE Edo State chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) have said that starting from today, their members must embark on an indefinite strike action over the state government’s refusal to meet their demands.

State chairman of the NLC, Mr Emmanuel Ademokun, who disclosed this through a communiqué issued after a meeting of the unions in Benin, pointed out that the strike action was long overdue and that it would commence in ernest because Governor Adams Oshiomhole has continually refused to work on positions they agreed with government.

He gave six reasons for the planned industrial action, listing the state government’s refusal of the implementation of the salary relativity structure.

Others, he listed, were the non payment of a balance of 20 per cent Consolidated Health Salary Structure for health workers  and implementation of the balance of 10.5 per cent Teachers Special Allowance (TSA)

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/27662-edo-workers-begin-indefinite-strike.html

2 Likes

Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by themaskedman: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo: Most States are owing because the monthly federation allocation was delayed for 2months. I believe they'll pay soon. I'm also being owed.
Justifying the action of the governor aren‘t u? He couldn‘t pay salaries because of delay from Abuja but the delay isn‘t enough to delay his payment of #200,000 to the ‘go and die‘ widow.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
themaskedman:
Justifying the action of the governor aren‘t u? He couldn‘t pay salaries because of delay from Abuja but the delay isn‘t enough to delay his payment of #200,000 to the ‘go and die‘ widow.

I was only giving out the info I have. Many States only paid lip service to the minimum wage issue which I am obviously against. Politicians cannot be living in comfort while civil servants who actually do the work cannot even be paid minimum wage. It should be condemned by every well meaning soul that has conscience.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by themaskedman: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I was only giving out the info I have. Many States only paid lip service to the minimum wage issue which I am obviously against. Politicians cannot be living in comfort while civil servants who actually do the work cannot even be paid minimum wage. It should be condemned by every well meaning soul that has conscience.
Do I say you don‘t have a conscience since non of your comment is a condemnation of Oshiomole but a subtle attempt at justifying his cruel action against the workers?
I agree with you to the extent that we must condemn them but then you are far from what you advocate and preach why?
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
themaskedman:
Do I say you don‘t have a conscience since non of your comment is a condemnation of Oshiomole but a subtle attempt at justifying his cruel action against the workers?
I agree with you to the extent that we must condemn them but then you are far from what you advocate and preach why?

I can't single out Oshiomole because it is a collective issue and I don't belong to any political party.
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by olabukola: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I can't single out Oshiomole because it is a collective issue and I don't belong to any political party.
he did not say you belong to any party.

Come to think of it, as a former labour leader, oshimole is not suppose to own any state worker even a cent. He lead many strikes due to none payment of wages, if the govt then tell him their is no money he wouldn't believe them so I don't think the labour leader of today will believe when he try to explain.

1 Like

Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by theoctopus: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abagworo:

You get more ridiculous and hypocritical with every post you make. I am sure everyone reading this thread is laughing at you right now. hypocrite! grin

1 Like

Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by atlwireles: 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
theoctopus:

You get more ridiculous and hypocritical with every post you make. I am sure everyone reading this thread is laughing at you right now. hypocrite! grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by OmoTier1(m): 12:30am On Dec 06, 2013
These PDP agents will never rest, the widow said she does not need your money so go and use it to pay the striking workers! Nah by force angry
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: if ur brain is in good condition, u will undstnd these:

1. How many strikes occurred during ur PDP's 14yrs rule

2. Ur clueless president implemented the minimum wage but didn't increase states' allocations. And even, states' allocations were being reduced!

Did he even pay the federal workers?

3. Whatever sarcasm u are trying to put on, the joke is on u!

I get your point Sir.

Ok ladies and gentlemen:

According to this APC e-defender called SLIDE waxie, all these years of the PDP in power has been years of strikes upon strikes, protests upon protests and vexation upon vexation and as a result of that,

if there is one "small" strike in a "progressive" state over unpaid salaries, nobody should complain.

Just like even if there is anything looting in a "progressive state" by a "progressive" governor, anybody complaining should simply

"go and die"! After all, their "progressive" loots cant be compared with the looting of the "evil men" in the "evil party"
Re: Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Omo_Tier1: These PDP agents will never rest, the widow said she does not need your money so go and use it to pay the striking workers! Nah by force angry

Why are you pretending to be so kind?

Say it as it is:

These PDP agents will never rest, the widow said she does not need your money so "go and die"!
hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Is There No More Rotation Of Troops In The Nigerian Army? / Pictures Of Oyigbo Township Roads In Rivers State / 2015: GEJ Picks PDP Nomination Form, Promises To ‘move Faster’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.