Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG (5255 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
aysuccess99:
am nt saying dat the teacher shld be fwends with all his students on social media, bt he shld jst be able to have another way of communicating with the class rep peradventure, if he doesn't have the class rep number...
and i want to ask u, if u are a teacher and ur classrep want 2 be fwends wit u, wat wld u do, wld u do decline d fwend request when u knw dat u didn't have any other means to communicate to him apart from the social media......and do u knw dat some of d lecturers do have t only the class rep as his fwend cos he knws dat he's very strict in class to the students and he wldnt be able to convey any info to his student, apart 4rm the social media....welldone akokites, kudos to u o.

This is not as complicated as it seems, you need to undestand that no one is saying its bad. But what if the teacher uses it for communication outside educational circles and considering it could also be WIDELY used for other negative stuff, how do you reconcile that? The school can do without social networks just fine and the ills of social networks will only be draw-back on the standard of education...that's my argument basically.

Thanks for the compliments...I did my best sha....I don tire lol
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
snoopy:

This is not as complicated as it seems, you need to undestand that no one is saying its bad. What if the teacher uses it for communication outside educational circles and considering it could also be WIDELY used for other negative stuff, how do you reconcile that? The school can do without social networks just fine and ills of social networks will only be draw-back on the standard of education...that's my argument basically.
easy boss, why is that we NIGERIANS like to look at the disadvantage of things and not the advantage....i know that there's nothing that don't have its advantage or disadvantage...but why don't you look into the advantages, what about those lecturers that do set online test, projects etc.... the main thing is that students interaction with teachers isn't bad but it is just that we Nigerians like to misuse or abuse things....BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by damoskiy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
THE RESULT SHOULD BE HERE ALREADY.ITS TAKING TIME OOOOO
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
aysuccess99:
easy boss, why is that we NIGERIANS like to look at the disadvantage of things and not the advantage....i know that there's nothing that don't have its advantage or disadvantage...but why don't you look into the advantages, what about those lecturers that do set online test, projects etc.... the main thing is that students interaction with teachers isn't bad but it is just that we Nigerians like to misuse or abuse things....BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

Lol but what if those disadvantages are actually important and can't be neglected? That's the essence of this debate. And your closing phrase simply highlights what I've been saying all along.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by smithsammy(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
i think we are mixing things here. facebook, twiter and the likes are a typical "informal social platform" which is not very good for teacher-student interaction but there are some good formal-social websites like the AAUA guy listed in his statemnt
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by DesChyko1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Snoopy, Welldone but I don't really see a slingshot victory for your team today.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by agrovick(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Judge 1

UNILAG
Snoopy
Presentation - 5
Logic - 5
Strength of Facts - 4
Persuasiveness - 5
Demonstration of Subject - 5
Total - 24/25 (Snoopy)
Damoskiy
Presentation - 2
Logic - 2
Strength of Facts - 3
Persuasiveness - 2
Demonstration of Subject - 3
Total - 12/25 (Damoskiy)
AAUA
Ayomitide77
Presentation - 2
Logic - 2
Strength of Facts - 2
Persuasiveness - 3
Demonstration of Subject - 3
Total - 12/25 (Ayomitide77)
Gbemmie09
Presentation - 1
Logic - 1
Strength of Facts - 2
Persuasiveness - 2
Demonstration of Subject - 1
Total - 9/25 (Gbemmie09)
Total Scores
Unilag - 36/50
AAUA - 21/50

Judge 2
Score were awarded based on Presentation(P), Logic of Arguments(LoA), Strength of Facts(SoF), Persuasiveness(Pe) and Demonstration of Knowledge of subject(D).
SNOOPY
P--5
LoA--4
SoF--4
Pe--4
D--4
TOTAL--20
DAMOSKIY
P--3
LoA--3
SoF--2
Pe--2
D--4
TOTAL--14
AYOMIDE77
P--3
LoA--3
SoF--3
Pe--2
D--4
TOTAL--15
GBEMMIE09
P--4
LoA--3
SoF--3
Pe--3
D--4
TOTAL--17

GRAND TOTAL
UNILAG 70/100
AAUA 53/100
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by smithsammy(m): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
and beside, why can't this thread be moved to the front page? as salient as it is.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Fynestboi: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
smithsammy: and beside, why can't this thread be moved to the front page? as salient as it is.
my oga at the top placed ban on debate thread gracing frontpage. cry
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
congrats to the AKOKITES....OGA SNOOPY, U GUYS THRILLED US O...
AND TO THE AKUNGBITES, KUDOS TO U O.....HMMN...THE AKOKITES HAVE THE DAY.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by ugonna1054(m): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
SWEET UNILAG
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by agrovick(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Going by the final score of 70 : 53 in favour of unilag. I hereby declare UNILAG the winner of this debate. Congrats to snoopy and damoskiy. Ayomitide and gbemmie I salute u folks for making your school proud
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by ugonna1054(m): 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
aysuccess99:
@ your Bolded it is a debate and unilag were meant to state d Disadvantages!! Not dat dey dnt know of or like d advantages!! But normally the advantages re Good..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by DesChyko1(m): 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Congrats To UNILAG!!
Good Battle I must say.. Lemme share some feelings with y'all contestants..

Snoopy,
Your command of English and the arrangement of your work was second to none. The introduction and arrangement of arguments were spectacular. Your amazing point totally had me..at least until I read the argument of the opposing side.. Welldone.

Damoskiy..
I expected to see definitions for 'debate' and 'supporting' as well. I think you could do with less definitions though. And your points were self-contradictory. However, you did good enough. Only you need to work as a team.

Ayomitide77
Frankly, your presentation was really bad. The work looks so shabby like an overnight job. However, there's no denying the quality of information housed in your work. That's why the poor presentation showed a lot. I think your argument convinced me much more than any other. Just two tips: Take your time in preparing and drive your points home.

Gbemmie09
You listed your points before explaining, like a text book instead of an essay. That sucks. But that 'John De Werey' quote of yours at the end about new ways of teaching was absolutely brilliant. Don't think I'll ever forget it.. Your team's argument is quite impressive and really worth looking into.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by tomisinalli: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmmm... Che you guys know wat u are doin sha. Unilag winner i hear o
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Hmmm.. Nice battle.. Snoopy, where went you last time when Epaul and his cohort brushed your 'Unilag' aside?? Well..Nice attempt by UI to bring back your side on track..although, I still don't really see a slingshot victory for your team today.
I don't understand sir, there wasn't a time we contested against Epauls delsu
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by DesChyko1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
snoopy:

My bad.. I'm confusing damitism for damosky.. Pardon me. I'll make proper adjustments.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
snoopy:
she wasn't talking abt u sir, she jst made a mistake, she was talkn abt me, damitism and d ui team....anyway, u guys did a grt job...kudos.
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

My bad.. I'm confusing damitism for damosky.. Pardon me. I'll make proper adjustments.
wow....it wasn't easy then bro, bt we really learnt a lot 4r m our first match bt i believe that with GOD on our side, we wld come out victorious in our nxt outing and tanx 4 ur concern abt us.
snoopy:
she wasn't talking abt u sir, she jst made a mistake, she was talkn abt me, damitism and d ui team....anyway, u guys did a grt job...kudos.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Damitism: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

**Laughing in china's style
I'm yet to find any other debate on here as hot/lively as UI vs DELSU.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Kiingsolomon(f): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
#Jumps into d room through the window# ....

Na Unilag??.. Haha, a big thnx to Sister Gbemie and bro Ayomide..... cheesy...

Senior damoskiy and senior snoopy!... Oya! Come to ma car down-stairs and get 25litres of kunnu each... Itz in d boot!!grin

#snatches mic frm fynest;#
#shouts at d top of ma voice#
THE SCHOOL OF FIRST CHOICE!!!;
THE NATION'S PRIDE;
THE SCHOOL OF YELLOW AND WINE COLOUR....HEHE grin...
Greatest Akokite!!!!!!!

Wait, dont over jollificate o...get ready for d next stage! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Congrats To UNILAG!!
Good Battle I must say.. Lemme share some feelings with y'all contestants..

Snoopy,
Your command of English and the arrangement of your work was second to none. The introduction and arrangement of arguments were spectacular. Your amazing point totally had me..at least until I read the argument of the opposing side.. Welldone.

Damoskiy..
I expected to see definitions for 'debate' and 'supporting' as well. I think you could do with less definitions though. And your points were self-contradictory. However, you did good enough. Only you need to work as a team.

Ayomitide77
Frankly, your presentation was really bad. The work looks so shabby like an overnight job. However, there's no denying the quality of information housed in your work. That's why the poor presentation showed a lot. I think your argument convinced me much more than any other. Just two tips: Take your time in preparing and drive your points home.

Gbemmie09
You listed your points before explaining, like a text book instead of an essay. That sucks. But that 'John De Werey' quote of yours at the end about new ways of teaching was absolutely brilliant. Don't think I'll ever forget it.. Your team's argument is quite impressive and really worth looking into.

Thank you kind sir
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
To my opponents: ayotimide77 and gbemi09 you guys really put me on my toes, it was fun competing with y'all and I learnt a few stuff from y'all. Great job from you guys
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Ayomitide77(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
snoopy: To my opponents: ayotimide77 and gbemi09 you guys really put me on my toes, it was fun competing with y'all and I learnt a few stuff from y'all. Great job from you guys
Same here bro
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Let me quickly give credit where credit is due.
Congratulations 2 UNILAG! You guys have earned my respect and admiration.
@ ayotimide n gbemmie09(my gud frd)...kudos, you guys tried really hard n You've also earned my respect. so,
enjoy your moment in the spotlight n best wishes nxt tym.
#Team AAUA
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 11:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Guseh: Let me quickly give credit where credit is due.
Congratulations 2 UNILAG! You guys have earned my respect and admiration.
@ ayotimide n gbemmie09(my gud frd)...kudos, you guys tried really hard n You've also earned my respect. so,
enjoy your moment in the spotlight n best wishes nxt tym.
#Team AAUA
Thank you sir, your words are highly appreciated
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by damoskiy(m): 1:45am On Dec 07, 2013
Thanks to everyone that wished us well and everyone that dropped a comment about todays debate...we are sincerely grateful and we would work on your correction to come out better in the next stage of the debate...Ayomitide77 and Gbemmie009 it was fun debating with you.I think you seriously didn't do research well on the debate.when myself and snoopy where talking we already gave up because the topic had more advantages than the disadvantages.teachers need not to be ban from interacting with students via social media...it was a debate so we had to switch our mind of thinking and change everything with our pen and paper...I expected more from you...hope to see you in the next stage. To the judges I know you didn't really like my debate...I am not really good at writing but if it comes to speaking to a live audience then count me in...All in all my mb that I subcribed on the modem finished just today...seriously we wasted more time than necessary...@ all Thanks and God bless
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by DesChyko1(m): 2:47am On Dec 07, 2013
aysuccess99:
Wow....it wasn't easy then bro, bt we really learnt a lot 4r m our first match bt i believe that with GOD on our side, we wld come out victorious in our nxt outing and tanx 4 ur concern abt us.
Hmmm.. I have seen the light!!.. Hehehe.. I hope you're fired up for your next battle sha..

Damitism:
**Laughing in china's style
I'm yet to find any other debate on here as hot/lively as UI vs DELSU.

Can't say you're wrong though. It was really heated.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Ayomitide77(m): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2013
damoskiy: Thanks to everyone that wished us well and everyone that dropped a comment about todays debate...we are sincerely grateful and we would work on your correction to come out better in the next stage of the debate...Ayomitide77 and Gbemmie009 it was fun debating with you.I think you seriously didn't do research well on the debate.when myself and snoopy where talking we already gave up because the topic had more advantages than the disadvantages.teachers need not to be ban from interacting with students via social media...it was a debate so we had to switch our mind of thinking and change everything with our pen and paper...I expected more from you...hope to see you in the next stage. To the judges I know you didn't really like my debate...I am not really good at writing but if it comes to speaking to a live audience then count me in...All in all my mb that I subcribed on the modem finished just today...seriously we wasted more time than necessary...@ all Thanks and God bless
It was not about research bt the flow in my debate and this is because my phone could not contain all the words at once so I had to type the points seperately.When I joined the points together few minute to the debate on the PC,I knew the flow was missing.All thesame,I think there is still enough room for improvement.Congrats.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2013
What a debate!.

UNILAG..
It was cheap 4 u guys sha..

AAUA..
The chief speaker was onpoint but you guys lost due to lack of adequate research..

Kudos to both teams..
I rep UNIBEN!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate :winner:::UNILAG by snoopy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
I-am-Winner:
What a debate!.

UNILAG..
It was cheap 4 u guys sha..

AAUA..
The chief speaker was onpoint but you guys lost due to lack of adequate research..

Kudos to both teams..
I rep UNIBEN!!

Erm...err....It wasn't easy o...at least I didn't think it was. We got a fairly good challenge in my books

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Turns It’s Another Face To Us Via These Astonishing Photos (pics) / LOL! See 7 Funny Tweets About Nigerian Schools (with Pictures) / Helpful Steps And Advice To Write A Perfect WASSCE FORMAL LETTER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.