Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN (1222 Views)

Financial Implications Of The Free Education Policy Of The Imo State Government / Lagos To Unveil New Education Policy Soon – Fashola / Two Students Devise New Education System For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by oluwashaddow(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2013
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Osun
State chapter has said that the new education
policy introduced by Osun State Governor, Rauf
Aregbesola would stir terrorism in the state
CAN in a statement signed by its Chairman, Rev.
Elisha Ogundiye said, “ We wish at this juncture
to state categorically that the Osun State
Christian Association of Nigeria is not fighting the
Government of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, neither
has the association pitched tent with any political
party, especially since Christians in the state form
a very large part of the electorate that voted the
present governor into office. We will however not
shy away from our responsibility to defend the
Christian faith.
“The continued silence of the Osun State
Government on the problem caused by this new
policy on education is like sitting on a keg of gun
powder. For instance, there have been lot of
disturbances in public missionaries’ schools in the state, particularly on the use of hijab.
“The climax of this was the attack on some innocent teachers and pupils of Baptist High School, Ejigbo, by some Muslim youth on
Monday, 25th November, 2013. The Ejigbo incident is an infraction of the rule of law, especially given the fact that the hijab
issue is presently before an Osogbo High Court.
“The Ejigbo debacle has shown that the mode of d’emploi adopted in the execution of the reclassification of schools is capable of breeding and unleash pure terrorism and insurgency in the mould of Boko Haram on the otherwise peace-loving Osun State for which posterity will hold
Aregbesola administration liable.” The association also condemned the recent attack on the Principal of its Baptist High School, Ejigbo, Mr. Layi Oguntola, by some Muslim youths.
The principal was attacked in his office by the
Muslim youth last week for allegedly sending a
hijab-wearing pupil, one Romoke, away from the
school.
Oguntola has since denied the charge, saying that
he merely flogged the pupil for being unruly.
The Association also asked the state government
to stop the use of hijab in Christian’s mission
public schools and use beret as part of new
uniform for female students.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2013
This is one of the most appalling statements I have heard on this school issue in Osun. This Rev Elisha ought to be put in his place.
Does the Reverend have muslims in his family, and if they come to family events in hijab does he turn them away? What does he want us to do now that he has declared warning of terrorism, start distancing from our muslim relatives? This idiot Rev does not speak for me.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by fagbalex(m): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2013
religion intolerance is extremely condemn in the south west, everybody has right to religion and his entity. so can't stop students from wearing Hunan in the school after all its a public school own by the government.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Wsdm: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2013
And the Christians are allowed to wear short skirts and even leaving their heads uncovered in the schools of core northern Muslims dominated states without any problem. CAN is truly a menace to Christianity the way Boko haram is to Islam. Is only that the former looks gentle and MEAN while the later looks rough and DANGEROUS.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 04, 2013
Nowadays everybody just comes out and begin to lecture Nigerians about terrorism as if they know what it is all about. Nigeria is upside down, so anything goes for terrorism. Sooner or later, men will start accusing their wives of terrorism if the women deny them of sexx.

Nonsense
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by lincolnj88: 11:06am On Dec 04, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
This is one of the most appalling statements I have heard on this school issue in Osun. This Rev Elisha ought to be put in his place.
Does the Reverend have muslims in his family, and if they come to family events in hijab does he turn them away? What does he want us to do now that he has declared warning of terrorism, start distancing from our muslim relatives? This idiot Rev does not speak for me.
ewu... Can u wear a beret to an islamic school....... Can u wear a suit to an islamic school......... If its not applicable to an islamic school likewise a missionary schools

6 Likes

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by oluwashaddow(m): 11:15am On Dec 04, 2013
as for can, I think dey are getting out of hand,dey should not be making statements like dis,which could spark a counter one from d other religion.... and as for d government, they should try to create a dress code dat is acceptable to all n devoid of any religious impact bt based on moral n d laws of d land,n anybody who is not satisfied should send his/her ward to a religious skul....

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Wsdm: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2013
oluwashaddow: as for can, I think dey are getting out of hand,dey should not be making statements like dis,which could spark a counter one from d other religion.... and as for d government, they should try to create a dress code dat is acceptable to all n devoid of any religious impact bt based on moral n d laws of d land,n anybody who is not satisfied should send his/her ward to a religious skul....
Is this not better said than a whole CAN talking like militants?
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by gratieao: 11:51am On Dec 04, 2013
Aregbesola the calamity governor

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by luvmijeje(f): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
CAN has totally ran mad. There's is nothing call public missionary school, It's either a public or a missionary school . If it's a public school CAN doesn't have constitutional and moral right to discriminate against other citizens base on their faith.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Bobandgreat: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yoruba Christians are naturally tolerant but handicapped as well because of their relatives who are Muslims. This is understandable, but they have to realise that these Muslims will not be as tolerant as they are if the table is turned and they can always support it with their Quran. See it this way, to a christian, Family is everything but to a Muslim, religion is everything. This is so because Christianity is a way of life and not necessarily a religion while Islam is a hard core religion that can be manipulated by their leaders.
Hence, a Muslim can easily abandon his family if it serves his religion while a christian will see any religion that tells him to abandon his family as false, rather he will continue to pray for his family to change. These people are ur family quite alright, but their allegiance and complete Loyalty lye with their religion and decisions of their religious leaders.
You Christians are second fiddle where people of thesame faith with them are concerned. If u like be their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, uncles, neices, nephews, friends, etc, once u cross lines with their religious leaders or colleagues, u seize to be relevant.
I urge u Yoruba Christians to be that daring so that everybody would know when not to cross a line. You are better than these Muslims, why should they be lording their religion all over u people. What has Hijab got to do in a Christian school. If u can not respect the school uniform, then go to an Islamic school.

4 Likes

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by olabukola: 12:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
If they have a dress code for the family meeting which everybody agreed to then anybody that come to the meeting with other dress code breaks the rule and if the punishment is to to allow the person in it should be enforced. Their is a reason it is called uniform, it identifies student of a particular school. When you see school children wandering about during school hours as a parents or reasonable adult from their uniform you will be able to know the school they are from and that will help you in making a report to the school.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
[s]
Bobandgreat: Yoruba Christians are naturally tolerant but handicapped as well because of their relatives who are Muslims. This is understandable, but they have to realise that these Muslims will not be as tolerant as they are if the table is turned and they can always support it with their Quran. See it this way, to a christian, Family is everything but to a Muslim, religion is everything. This is so because Christianity is a way of life and not necessarily a religion while Islam is a hard core religion that can be manipulated by their leaders.
Hence, a Muslim can easily abandon his family if it serves his religion while a christian will see any religion that tells him to abandon his family as false, rather he will continue to pray for his family to change. These people are ur family quite alright, but their allegiance and complete Loyalty lye with their religion and decisions of their religious leaders.
You Christians are second fiddle where people of thesame faith with them are concerned. If u like be their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, uncles, neices, nephews, friends, etc, once u cross lines with their religious leaders or colleagues, u seize to be relevant.
I urge u Yoruba Christians to be that daring so that everybody would know when not to cross a line. You are better than these Muslims, why should they be lording their religion all over u people. What has Hijab got to do in a Christian school. If u can not respect the school uniform, then go to an Islamic school.
[/s]

RUBBISH
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Olril18(m): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bobandgreat: Yoruba Christians are naturally tolerant but handicapped as well because of their relatives who are Muslims. This is understandable, but they have to realise that these Muslims will not be as tolerant as they are if the table is turned and they can always support it with their Quran. See it this way, to a christian, Family is everything but to a Muslim, religion is everything. This is so because Christianity is a way of life and not necessarily a religion while Islam is a hard core religion that can be manipulated by their leaders.
what a biased bastard!!!
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
lincolnj88:
ewu... Can u wear a beret to an islamic school....... Can u wear a suit to an islamic school......... If its not applicable to an islamic school likewise a missionary schools

Go to muslim missionary schools in other parts of Yorubaland, our girls wear short skirts and dont cover heads. I am yet to hear of principals of Ansarudeen or Jamaatu or any such schools send Christian students home for not dressing as muslims. Why are Christian schools compelling muslim students to dress as Christians? My mother went to muslim school and two of my sisters. One of my sisters even had a duty assignment where she was one of four pupils that prepared the women section of the school mosque for Friday prayer. She was required to tie long wrap and cover head and not go in with shoe. After that she was free to remove the head and waist wrap. Let me emphasize she volunteered to join that assignment, it was usually reserved for muslim girls. Whats the fuss? Abeg go sit down!

Oritsejafor has brought shame and put Christianity at the lower rung of the ladder since he became CAN President. Why the competition with Islam, is that the new salvation?
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
olabukola: If they have a dress code for the family meeting which everybody agreed to then anybody that come to the meeting with other dress code breaks the rule and if the punishment is to to allow the person in it should be enforced. Their is a reason it is called uniform, it identifies student of a particular school. When you see school children wandering about during school hours as a parents or reasonable adult from their uniform you will be able to know the school they are from and that will help you in making a report to the school.

Are you at all aware that Christian missionary schools had a dress code and covering of the head was part of that code?

Please spare me your ignorance!
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by mekaboy(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
soon muslim students will start coming to school with dagar claiming it is part of their religion.

Them CAN Rev is right islam as a religiin is like a grenade waiting to explode.

imagine in a situation a christian and muslims student fight and in the process the christian student tears a koran. you can imagine what will happen.

Next thing u hear the normal chants and the school is burnt down with several churches in the state before the police are deployed to bring the situation under control.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
mekaboy: soon muslim students will start coming to school with dagar claiming it is part of their religion.

Them CAN Rev is right islam as a religiin is like a grenade waiting to explode.

imagine in a situation a christian and muslims student fight and in the process the christian student tears a koran. you can imagine what will happen.

Next thing u hear the normal chants and the school is burnt down with several churches in the state before the police are deployed to bring the situation under control.

Write that up and develop it into a electronic game so we can bring the "imagination" home.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Olugbenger(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
The religious tolerance in the SW and existing harmony between muslims and Christians draws power from the latter always willing to settle for a secular state politically and alot of relevant factors peculiar to the Yoruba race.
Now, i think this goodwill has often been misunderstood as weakness or timidity by the core islamists.
Consider what goes on nairaland too; we have an islam section but no Christian section. The religion section houses all of them fairly, including christianity.
I hope you get my drift. Visit the islam section to find out more.

It might be necessary to separate the association between religious beliefs and educational instistitutions as appropriate, if this will solve alot of problems and prevent the coming havoc in Osun state.
I believe the Governor is doing a good job in the state, but i'm not with him on this policy.

smiley
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Olugbenger(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Go to muslim missionary schools in other parts of Yorubaland, our girls wear short skirts and dont cover heads. I am yet to hear of principals of Ansarudeen or Jamaatu or any such schools send Christian students home for not dressing as muslims. Why are Christian schools compelling muslim students to dress as Christians? My mother went to muslim school and two of my sisters. One of my sisters even had a duty assignment where she was one of four pupils that prepared the women section of the school mosque for Friday prayer. She was required to tie long wrap and cover head and not go in with shoe. After that she was free to remove the head and waist wrap. Let me emphasize she volunteered to join that assignment, it was usually reserved for muslim girls. Whats the fuss? Abeg go sit down!

Oritsejafor has brought shame and put Christianity at the lower rung of the ladder since he became CAN President. Why the competition with Islam, is that the new salvation?

If the normal and generally acceptable dress code( regarded secular) is what you label a christian one now to score silly points, then you are not even a religious bigot.

You should be labelled a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by mike404(m): 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
Olugbenger:

If the normal and generally acceptable dress code( regarded secular) is what you label a christian one now to score silly points, then you are not even a religious bigot.

shockedshockedshocked GBENGENE ARE YOU REALLY THE ONE SAYING THIS
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
What's "CAN?"

They're inconsequential and their opinion should be shoved in a can and covered till eternity.

I can't stand fanatics from both sides - live and let's live.

Shalom!
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Olugbenger:

Secular in what cultural context?
Yoruba traditional dressing calls for covering of the head and the tie of a long wrapper. What you are defending as secular is a foreign import via Western values and has no root in the Yorubaland, regardless of faith belief. Do you disagree?
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by touch4mony: 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
fagbalex: religion intolerance is extremely condemn in the south west, everybody has right to religion and his entity. so can't stop students from wearing Hunan in the school after all its a public school own by the government.
kano state governor has banned drinking of bear and distoried over two hundred thousand bottel because of sharia law condems it am i a muslim dont i hv my own right of religion too.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by shidof(m): 6:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Though, I hate insulting people. But ua dolo, y cn't u face ur affair nd leave us wit ours. If we cn't tolerate ourself wen re going to get out of all this religon mess. ua here saying rubbish abt muslim nd islam. wat do u even knw abt d religon apart frm u read online nd told
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by 99100(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2013
Some people are utterly s-tupid.
Now tell me,how could someone support the wearing of hijjab in a christian missionary school?
Such wouldn't and aren't happen(ing) even in d core-northern states let alone Osun.
Is either this man is sorrounded by partial Islamic extremist advisors or he is s-tupid just like those supporting his action here.

1 Like

Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 05, 2013
lincolnj88:
+2 likes for you my guy.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by fagbalex(m): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2013
touch4mony: kano state governor has banned drinking of bear and distoried over two hundred thousand bottel because of sharia law condems it am i a muslim dont i hv my own right of religion too.

so your religion support drinking if alcohol........na wah oh, beside Osun is not a Muslim state its both xtian and Muslim state in which the proportion of Muslim are far.more than xtian okay.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Samxiulee: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Rev Elisha Ogundiye should stop disgracing other christians of the sw,
I watch this man on channelstv and he wasn't convincing,yes those schools have missionary legacies but now they are public owned,if a Muslim girl want to attend the school in hijab according to her believes so it be for the good Lords sakes,
If anything we christians will others over through love,compassion,tolerance,education,not the other way round.
Pls let them come to school with hijab teach them about christianity and allow them to make a choice if they still want the hijab or not,sending them home would not help.
Ps someone should pls find out who the family head of the rev is and let them talk some sense in him.

Maybe the state government should just change the name of those school and make it more secular,may be they should stop making morning prayers christian/Islam on the assembly and then everyone will be happy,
Pls don't bring religious intolerance to the sw.
Re: Osun’s New Education Policy Could spark Terrorism – CAN by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2013

GUY AM SURE U DNT HAVE BIBLE AND IF U HAVE U DNT READ IT....

If Islam preaches female hair covering, Yoruba culture support Female to wearing Gele too...

I don't know if CAN is really for Christains becoz christainity strongly support Female covering their hair... Or is it dat Religious Leader are more concern with politics dan Holy Books dis days

Please check (1CORITHIAN 11:5-6)

CAN should knw dat xtainity dnt support indecent dressing...
It is a shame that CAN is preaching against Hair covering...

(1) (Reply)

Delta PDP Chairman, Youths, Beat Up Former PDP National Chairman's Wife / Capitalism : The Most Lethal Ideology Man Has Ever Created / BREAKING: Infected Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.