Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This (4835 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
bad meat: I cook for my wife!I help her do the laundry,my friend if u think its easy for the female folks,take a break and do all the chores at home,u will find out its a lot of work!I pay my wife allowances for her trouble!she is my wife,flesh of my flesh!
awwww what a husband cheesy

you are the one yorubas should call ashake,moriyike,kikeniyawo,fokoke.

How come all this kinds of men are all married shockedshockedshocked and they are still in nigeria shockedshocked
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
kendraloops: Kai! This is one area I respect my hubby. There's no chore he can't do. Sometimes he tells me 'baby,relax lemme take care of things.'. Esp when I was pregnant n after delivery, I enjoyed oo. D bros go even make amala sef n poundi too.

Pls assist her esp without her asking you to. You'll see the result in a more respectful n loving wife. Her thanks will be heartfelt n it'll spill over to how she treats u.
hunnn shockedshocked abeg where una dey jam this kind men,emagbamike grincheesy

please are you in nigeria or married to a non nigerian man
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sijo01:

Till date, youngman. As a matter of fact he is very good at slicing vegitable, okro, chicken and anything slicable. If we decide to pick beans in his domain (sitting room or out side), he gladly join us. Or is it when its time to do general cleaning? He takes the lead.......I gat no lazy 'asss' as a father.
yeah,i remember.it was my fatherwho taught me how to slice vegetables and okro.my dad is one of the non traditional men i have jammed who help out in the kitchen
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by zeb04(f): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
Som men are so full of it. Y can't u help ur wife in doin house work?she is your wife,d person you claim you love so wats d bigie? Nd I think it fun workin togeda. Wen u here lafta comin frm the kitchen,it means they r there 2geda. They gossip,play, they just generally ve fun. My dad wld be lik*dont u ever mess wit my wife* he calls her my galfrnd. I so much want a replical of my dad.
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by soulglo: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
smurfy: I've just finished doing the dishes. While at it, I began to think on whether I could ever assist my wife with kitchen work once I get married.

I love kids, so that'll never pose a problem. Washing clothes? Yeah, got a washing machine at home.

I just find sweeping, washing dishes, etc. demeaning.

Will I change when I finally get married? Maybe, just maybe.

So, what's your take on this? Do you (as a female) think male ego is at work here?

Any man there who's gone through/is going through this?

You really have to change that mindset. If you feel it is demeaning does it then mean that the woman you might marry is less than? Obviously that is what you think since you feel like it is demeaning work but I bet you would expect that your spouse can handle some of those duties.
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by MrsAwesome: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hubby thought it is demeaning too until I started treating him as a visitor...
You know.....welcome him...show him the way to the kitchen ,toilet, bathrooms and his room..and even how I do everything in the house EVERY FUCCCKING DAY....just to drive home my points that he is merely a visitor that gives us pocket money and have sexxx with me .I Ignord his sorry ass.The treatment made him feels out of place in the house...you don't cook, clean, bath the kids even if they come for assistance with their classwork..you tell them...you're just coming back from work that they should meet their mother..who equally is also coming back and has been cooking , cleaning and washing since.
Running the house isn't all even from the man's pockets...but their ego will not allow them.
To feel involved again he has to start afresh to integrate himself into our lives . I can still feel the joy radiating from him when his son hugged and thank him for watching their school bags and helping them to clean their room.

1 Like

Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by eagleeye2: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
I hope I can escape this one ohh.... but I don't know....
1) I can't cook.
2) I can and do love to do the dishes, so far as the tap is rushing. (The dishes does not include pots)
3) I can sweep, but try as hard as I can..... she will never be satisfied with my effort.
4) I can clean, but rarely do that. She is a cleanliness freak.... She mop up everyday, and even if there is a tiny bit of dirt on the tiles she will want you to clean it up.....(she be sanitary inspector?) Abegi.
5) I must confess that apart from cooking which is not my fault.....ayam generally lazy when it comes to house chore..... not because of ego.
But I do help out a little to please her (especially the dishes)
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by richyblink1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
I see nothing there, though depending on the approach.

I love vegetable soup a lot, so i & my better half had an understanding. I prepare the leaves while she do other things.

But not when I am asked to go and wash dishes or so. I understand when she is tired and offer a helping hand without her asking.

Though I believe partners should know how to manage and handle certain things at home without argument, for crying out loud, it's a union and not a master and servant relationship
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by Wislet(f): 10:10am On Dec 08, 2013
Her roles as a wife and mother. Responsibilities towards you and the kids and her home.
so....this 'Nobody' fellow wey cause kasala for nairaland with an "I'll commit suicide" thread is sexkillz, ehn??!

Sexkillz! angry

If I shd get u ehn? undecided
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
lipsyliscious:
I cn proudly say my father does give a helping hand wen he cn specifically pounding of yam! He's in his late 50's with a married daughter bt still helps around d house! He didn't grow up rich n even with his sisters around, he's mum insisted d boys participate in house chores. My father does nt know how to cook, bt once it comes to pounding yam, he used 2 help us b4 he got older, n we generally stopped pounding yam. We are all in skul n wen non of d children are around, my father does as much house chores as possible oda Dan cooking cos he's terrible at dat. My parents shared d chores equally as dey are both against getting a house help 4 no specific reason. N to tink dat he's an authoritarian! Even with all dat, u dare nt overstep ur boundaries, to say it's demeaning makes me laff, Cos if u meet my dad, u had neva know such a man will collect a Broom from his 10yr old daughter n sweep cos he thinks she's too tired to. My father is nt perfect bt I will definitely appreciate a husband with dat quality.

Wow!! Your dad is a legend pls greet him for me
Re: House Work: Sorry, Dear. You Can't Get Me To Do This by princesspinky(f): 12:48am On Apr 18, 2015
That means my husband is one in a million because he does everything from cooking to washing the dishes almost everything, infact whenever I traveled on the day of my arrival he makes sure to cook for me unless he is not around.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can A Victim Of Domestic Violence Get Justice? / She Did This Two Days Before Their Wedding .. Advice / My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.