Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) (4810 Views)

Woman Shares A Family Story Of Infidelity / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE OF WHOM AM WRITING THIS, BUT I HOPE PEOPLE LEARN A THING OR TWO FROM IT..

Being a redpiller is not a bad idea cos some women need iron hands to deal with if not, dem go turn you to simp but out there, you can still get a woman who will match whatever you have in mind only it might be very Rare.

My life started in the late 80's and my father was a very fortunate man.. When I clocked a year old, he bought a bicycle for me and then, it was like buying an expensive toy car or bike for your kids in this dispensation.
He was also a sharp shooter.. I am the first born and I take 8months senior my sister.. She use 1yr 10months senior 3rd born and third born use 3yrs senior 4th born.. 4th born use 10yrs senior 5th born..
He was first a bus driver before fortune smiled on him and he became a cocoa dealer and in some months, he was able to travel out to Austria..
Now, my father disvirgined my mom and I was the product..

But something happened in my father's family, they used his sister as (ODESAN) it's an akoko term and to my understanding, it means her sister married from her mother's family, it's more like a tradition.. I don't know but it seems like a bad thing cos my father get aggressive anytime he remembers this cos he said they suffered her sister while there.. Now my mum happens to come from the area where my dad's sister did ODESAN.. He was young then and maybe observed all evil did to her.. I don't know but that's what he said later in life..

My father traveled and in 3 years, he was sending in cars then and they sell it and send the money back to him after deducting some for all family members..
The biz was booming but 5yrs later, he was back in the country and he said it was my mother's mom that used juju to bring her back into the country.. That's offense no 2 for my naive mom.. Offense no 1 is they used her aunt for ODESAN in my mom's district..
Let me use island for example.. Lekki and ajah are both in island but not far from each other so let's say my mom is from ajah and my dad is from lekki and they used his aunt as ODESAN in ajah so he had hatred for ajah people..I wonder why he married from there. (this didn't happen in Lagos though).

Aside traditional wedding and introduction, till my mom's parent died, shishi dem no see from my pman.
Before he left naija, he Sabi womanize small, like dated 3women while married.
My dad senior my mum with 10 solid years. He was 28yrs and my mom was just a local 18yrs old girl. My dad was already making cool money at 26,he bought his first pickup at 26,bought his second ride a bus at 27 and traveled out at 33..

When baba came back after 5yrs, there are news of infidelity waiting for him.. While he was away, any man that came visiting was a man friend but I know my mom.. Each time we go from akoko to owo to make phone call then, she go dey kneel down dey follow pman talk, I was little so I didn't really know what's up.
I can vouch for my mum cos she was hardworking.. Taking care of 3kids and a pregnancy, while he was away, shuttling from Lagos to onitcha to akoko buying ready made clothes and reselling, she was very hardworking..
So when pupsy came back, so many things were said and my mom had to follow him to swear with ayelala that it was all lie but I guess cos of the hatred he had for his district people, he didn't believe. She swore in 3 diff places..
So we moved from akoko to akure and pman's true color started showing..
He started about 3 businesses that was doing fine and baba was investing in women and by now, we the kids too started feeling the heat.. We were going to one of the best school but na we owe school fees pass..
Baba even dey carry woman go abroad go knack..

My mum started dancing at cultural center akure with some groups to welcome important dignitaries.. She gathered money to register for Abe Ile nursing. When she was done, because my mum's people came to her freedom ceremony, baba was present..
He was able to rent a shop for her and stock it with medicines.. So they both contributed money and bought their second land.. 60/40,mumsy contributed 60% of the money..
After building the house,it was a 6 bedroom. He just floored 3 rooms and traveled again with his ashana to Dubai to enjoy life but before this, there were lots of gbas gbos from him to my mum. Any small mistake, it was gbas gbos with anything he can lay his hands on..

There is a mark at my back where I took a stool he threw at my mom even when she was 9months pregnant,it was this day I learnt they used his sister as ODESAN, he was crying when he said this..
I am not that stable at home, I was shuttling between boarding school, Egbon's house on holidays and our rented apartment sometimes.. My mum gave birth to our last born the following days.. I wept all through, from the house to the hospital.
He didn't take her there.
After birth, my mom was determined to better her life..
Pupsy traveled out with her ashana and Mumsy was left to fend for 5kids alone.
By this time, I had finished sec school so I moved permanently to Lagos to stay with Egbon.

Mumsy moved my siblings to our uncompleted house cos the landlord was already on her neck.. No windows, just entrance door, kitchen door, 3 cemented rooms and nothing.. She used mosquito nets and trampolines to cover each window and na short put dem dey do for there cos there were still bushes around the house..
No family members to help her except small small change I was sending from the hotel job I was doing in Lagos as a barman and waiter, was taking 2 salaries cos of both jobs..

Abeg I go continue tomorrow, this is making me emotional as am typing and it is still a bit lengthy..
Ps: pls am gonna beg everyone.. These are my parents, I purposely didn't put that it happened to some people, it happened to me and pls don't blame anyone yet, I just want both male and female to learn from this story, it might shape some people and make some have a rethink about their actions so pls no insult whatsoever biko...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by MufasaLion: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Damn! Your story is well detailed. I hope you continue it as you've said.

2 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
MufasaLion:
Damn! Your story is well detailed. I hope you continue it as you've said.
I will
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by MufasaLion: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Crossroad1:
I will

I look forward to reading it.
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by bukatyne(f): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
Following.

Na my town be this.
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
bukatyne:
Following.

Na my town be this.
where in akoko?
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by LadySarah: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ff
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by JovialJune(f): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
She will be at the shop from morning till 3pm,then from 3pm till 7pm,she will take some medicines to those aboki at oba adesida, baba larab and Co that changes dollar..
My siblings told me how they were seeing small small change whenever she is counting her money..
So she was paying my kid's school fees then she decided further..
Back then, she stopped her education at this present jss3, I dont know what they call it then..
Anytime I remember what this woman went through, it always brought tears to my eyes..
Taking care of 4kids,having a private teacher in her shop from 10-1pm, arranging what her kids will eat before leaving for oja oba akure..
She sat for her waec at olekamba pragmatic school along shagari village akure and she made her papers in one sitting..
Did her jamb too and went straight to proper nursing school, she Don get experience before.
One thing that happened is one way or another God was merciful to her.. One of her uncle paid for the nursing school, her mother was a farmer, she was helpful including her uncles too and senior brothers..
It wasn't easy.
I got admission into unilorin almost same time she started her nursing school.
I saved up for my first years, books, clothes and everything..
Egbon too was very helpful even though he too was going through a very rough time..
200level,(Agric&biosystems engineering) I was doing partial photography at motion ground just to augment body and soul, I made sure my burden wasn't on my mum and during holidays, I do night at bally white 69 mushin and from 10am-4pm,i go and hustle at ladipo pushing engines and help sorting items, I even help offloading containers..
Mumsy too was doing well but it wasn't easy..
Having 4children in the university and last born in sec schl..
I was helping her with feeding money and books when am on holidays.. These life taught me to be very friendly jovial and I crack jokes alot and it helped me in life..
Cos of the way I was working myself to stupor, succur started coming small small.. Most of people I help at ladipo market always come to the hotel I work to cool off so na me dey always serve them..
I did some shady business while I was a bar man, and they are things am not happy with..
Like selling 9 or 10 Andre, Andre was expensive then, I don't remember the price but I have a customer who will be waiting for Me around 5am cos manager comes around 6am,i will buy like 5andre at cheap price and restock so it will look like I sold only four.. Get food from the kitchen for customer (Iya rodia) and inflate price.
Most of these money goes into savings and I sent some to my mum(it is a bad attitude I regret cos nothing justifies stealing).

It was a very tough life but one way or the other, we all scaled through.. Mumsy got a job with ondo state at comprehensive health center arakale..
Me on the other hand after graduating and service didn't even look for any government job, started doing site manager, site supervisor, help people aquire land, with prayer and diligence, things started making sense..
Now to the main aim of this story...
Pman left Nigeria because of too much debt on his neck, we didn't know until later.
The woman he was head over hill for, they had 3kids together and today, na curse dem dey use greet each other cos things became so bad for him in dubai that he resorted to menial jobs to survive..
Dem Sha deport him about 6yrs ago and he can't even come to the house he built in akure.. Mumsy have tiled everywhere, did pop, all windows are intact but we never floor compound..
I went to see pupsy 2 weeks ago, I shed tears.. He was staying in a room, no TV, no fan, just mat and few clothes hanged on the wall, he said someone lease him 2plots of land to farm on..
Why he can't go to the house he built, he is owing some sets of people almost 8million and if those ones catch am, na jail go be him new home.

I was in akure recently and she took me to her site, 2blocks of 3bedroom flats completed..
She has about 4plots at airport, 2 at oda road and 2 at futa..
We help her get car some years back.
My siblings don't wanna hear anything about my pupsy and when they learnt I went see him, they were raving mad at me..
I Sha got him a room and parlor self con, furnish it till when we would solve his
Gbese issue..
Mumsy will be moving out of his house to her own house next month, the house go just dey there..
Told her to let it out for now...
For the past 6yrs he got back, he has sent virtually everyone who knows my mum to her begging for forgiveness and Mumsy on the other hand has gotten herself another responsible man.
The man is a lonely man whose children her abroad..
The wife died almost 8yrs ago..
Baba was telling me that as the first born, I should settle the rift and Mumsy already laid curse on anyone that will talk about him to her that such person will go through x100 of what she went through...
Oboy, knowing what she went through in life, I no fit use head carry curse o...
She is happy now and enjoying her life...
I already told pupsy he is fighting a lost course..

I have to ommit so many things cos it will be too lengthy...
We still have good women out there..
If nowadays we have so many urgent 2k,hoelosho,etc, we should also remember guys that will do anything just to lay them.

All in all, we still have good women and girls who will be calm, respect you and help you grow only say you go find am tire for naija Sha but dem dey..

Women, try to invest in yourself, work hard and make yourself proud.. Country Don hard, country Don spoil but invest in your self...
I have a female friend who is a realtor on Facebook.. This girl started small and I was putting her through till was able to convince a family in this same Lagos who has vast lands...
She is the sole realtor on that property today and she is doing very well..
In becoming the woman you dream of, first be sensible and intelligent..

So there you have it..
Pls I take God beg una, comment with sense and no insult.. I no get strength to dey follow people exchange banters and if there is insult on this thread, it will be very painful to me.. I pit this up here so we could learn a thing or two..

Royalroy
Lalasticlala

22 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by bukatyne(f): 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
@Crossroad1:

Lovely story, I particularly liked the end that they are in different space.

I usually don't like galavanting spouse (especially the husband) and isonu makeup when he is old and wrinkled.

If I did not enjoy your youth, why should I be saddled with your broken old age?

Two three things I will say:
1. Your mother should forgive your father. She is still harboring bitterness towards him which is injurious to her health; physical, emotional, spiritual and mental. She should let go of the hurt & pain.

2. Facilitate your siblings to forgive him; he is still your father and send whatever stipend you can send to him. You all need to play your part.

3. You said she has someone new; I don't know the conditions under which they married; she might want to check she is free to be with someone else so she is not committing adultery.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Lamanii22(f): 12:18am On Sep 12, 2021
Awwwwn this is super emotional! I can't wait to hear it all..... Very well detailed, intriguing, playing it in my head....
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Lamanii22(f): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2021
Crossroad1:
She will be at the shop from morning till 3pm,then from 3pm till 7pm,she will take some medicines to those aboki at oba adesida, baba larab and Co that changes dollar..
My siblings told me how they were seeing small small change whenever she is counting her money..
Back then, she stopped her education at this present jss3, I dont know what they call it then..
Anytime I remember what this woman went through, it always brought tears to my eyes..
Taking care of 4kids,having a private teacher in her shop from 10-1pm, arranging what her kids will eat before leaving for oja oba akure..
She sat for her waec at olekamba pragmatic school along shagari village akure and she made her papers in one sitting..
Did her jamb too and went straight to proper nursing school, she Don get experience before.
One thing that happened is one way or another God was merciful to her.. One of her uncle paid for the nursing school, her mother was a farmer, she was helpful including her uncles too and senior brothers..
It wasn't easy.
Egbon too was very helpful even though he too was going through a very rough time..
200level,(Agric&biosystems engineering) I was doing partial photography at motion ground just to augment body and soul, I made sure my burden wasn't on my mum and during holidays, I do night at bally white 69 mushin and from 10am-4pm,i go and hustle at ladipo pushing engines and help sorting items, I even help offloading containers..
I was helping her with feeding money and books when am on holidays.. These life taught me to be very friendly jovial and I crack jokes alot and it helped me in life..
Cos of the way I was working myself to stupor, succur started coming small small.. Most of people I help at ladipo market always come to the hotel I work to cool off so na me dey always serve them..
I did some shady business while I was a bar man, and they are things am not happy with..
Like selling 9 or 10 Andre, Andre was expensive then, I don't remember the price but I have a customer who will be waiting for Me around 5am cos manager comes around 6am,i will buy like 5andre at cheap price and restock so it will look like I sold only four.. Get food from the kitchen for customer (Iya rodia) and inflate price.
Most of these money goes into savings and I sent some to my mum(it is a bad attitude I regret cos nothing justifies stealing).

It was a very tough life but one way or the other, we all scaled through.. Mumsy got a job with ondo state at comprehensive health center arakale..
Me on the other hand after graduating and service didn't even look for any government job, started doing site manager, site supervisor, help people aquire land, with prayer and diligence, things started making sense..
Pman left Nigeria because of too much debt on his neck, we didn't know until later.
The woman he was head over hill for, they had 3kids together and today, na curse dem dey use greet each other cos things became so bad for him in dubai that he resorted to menial jobs to survive..
Dem Sha deport him about 6yrs ago and he can't even come to the house he built in akure.. Mumsy have tiled everywhere, did pop, all windows are intact but we never floor compound..
I went to see pupsy 2 weeks ago, I shed tears.. He was staying in a room, no TV, no fan, just mat and few clothes hanged on the wall, he said someone lease him 2plots of land to farm on..
Why he can't go to the house he built, he is owing some sets of people almost 8million and if those ones catch am, na jail go be him new home.

I was in akure recently and she took me to her site, 2blocks of 3bedroom flats completed..
My siblings don't wanna hear anything about my pupsy and when they learnt I went see him, they were raving mad at me..
I Sha got him a room and parlor self con, furnish it till when we would solve his
Gbese issue..
Mumsy will be moving out of his house to her own house next month, the house go just dey there..
For the past 6yrs he got back, he has sent virtually everyone who knows my mum to her begging for forgiveness and Mumsy on the other hand has gotten herself another responsible man.
Baba was telling me that as the first born, I should settle the rift and Mumsy already laid curse on anyone that will talk about him to her that such person will go through x100 of what she went through...

If nowadays we have so many urgent 2k,hoelosho,etc, we should also remember guys that will do anything just to lay them.

All in all, we still have good women and girls who will be calm, respect you and help you grow only say you go find am tire for naija Sha but dem dey..

Women, try to invest in yourself, work hard and make yourself proud.. Country Don hard, country Don spoil but invest in your self...
I have a female friend who is a realtor on Facebook.. This girl started small and I was putting her through till was able to convince a family in this same Lagos who has vast lands...

So there you have it..
Pls I take God beg una, comment with sense and no insult.. I no get strength to dey follow people exchange banters and if there is insult on this thread, it will be very painful to me.. I pit this up here so we could learn a thing or two..

Royalroy
Lalasticlala

Oh wow! A post with so much honesty! Anyone that insults on this thread is clearly a fool... I really enjoyed your life story... I'm proud of your mom, I'm proud of you... You even have a forgiving heart... Your post is teary,. As in tears of joy... Your mom's amazing... You're amazing too!

4 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 12, 2021
Crossroad1:
It wasn't easy.

Gbese issue..

So there you have it..

Royalroy
Lalasticlala

Thank you for sharing this story. Your mama is a role model. One who never gives up on herself. One who wakes up everyday to think about ways she can develop herself and put in the necessary hardwork to achieve that.

Your mama try abeg. If na some women na to dey lament up and down and be blaming world people for her situation.

God bless her. She shall reap the fruits of her Labor. She shall grow really old to enjoy you guys.

5 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by decrownprince(m): 1:01am On Sep 12, 2021
I have similar experince with your. To be honest, have learn alot from you and your mum. She is a strong woman. My regard to her. Tell her she have gotten a die hard fan here

3 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by mardis: 2:47am On Sep 12, 2021
Op your story is really an eye opener to those who think because them belleful now no mean say they no go hungry later. Well, let your mum forgive popsy since she has moved on and fortune has smiled on her and you guys. He has learnt his lessons, the hard way i must say, so the best your mum and siblings can do for him is to forgive him and relate with him. Your mum is a strong woman infact na man she be.

2 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by LadySarah: 2:54am On Sep 12, 2021
Thank God she's happy today.
Just leave her out of your fathers travails cos she won't tell you how many times she thought of running away, ending it all or cried herself to sleep every night. He should reach out to the women he enjoyed his better days with.

#GoodWivesAreNotRetirementHomesOfDeadBeatHusbands/Fathers.
Women you can do it.

2 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by MufasaLion: 4:28am On Sep 12, 2021
MufasaLion:

I look forward to reading it.

Wow!

I've read it. It was touching.
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by GboyegaD(m): 4:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Try to encourage your mom and siblings to forgive him just for their own peace of mind.
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by ngBuild: 4:41am On Sep 12, 2021
No be small thing, your dad needs a home to rest, good he has you, he should also reach out to his sister used as odesan, you two can be his new family, he should just move on, live the life he created, after all if your mom was still struggling he wouldn't want to connect with them, i know a time will come in life your siblings will connect with him, but it is solely left for them to decide not him or the people he is using to make it happen only because he is struggling now. He will be Alright

Me i know girls that are good exists but i fit die single if i no see one marry. Lolz

1 Like

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Richy4(m): 6:32am On Sep 12, 2021
OP, I'm glad U were atleast visiting your dad...It shows that you were a good man... But please do not let him rope you into doing what you don't want to do....U can always assist anytime u can.I believe he is regretting his actions and inactions...What a story...God bless you buddy...

2 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2021
mardis:
Op your story is really an eye opener to those who think because them belleful now no mean say they no go hungry later. Well, let your mum forgive popsy since she has moved on and fortune has smiled on her and you guys. He has learnt his lessons, the hard way i must say, so the best your mum and siblings can do for him is to forgive him and relate with him. Your mum is a strong woman infact na man she be.
she already forgave him many years ago but said they can never be together again..
Love no dey to give again so going into the relationship will abusive and intimidation.
Pupsy go dey intimidated, Mumsy gay no shikini love to give again.. She said pupsy already died in her heart..
She sends him money sometimes naw but no love again

5 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2021
ngBuild:
No be small thing, your dad needs a home to rest, good he has you, he should also reach out to his sister used as odesan, you two can be his new family, he should just move on, live the life he created, after all if your mom was still struggling he wouldn't want to connect with them, i know a time will come in life your siblings will connect with him, but it is solely left for them to decide not him or the people he is using to make it happen only because he is struggling now. He will be Alright

Me i know girls that are good exists but i fit die single if i no see one marry. Lolz
her sister dies so many years ago even before he became a man.. It was that experience that brought that hatred and I wonder, why must Peter suffer the consequences of Paul?
Be like say her sister suffer die and he was angry about it...
You don't marry people just to punish them later

1 Like

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Crossroad1(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2021
Richy4:
OP, I'm glad U were atleast visiting your dad...It shows that you were a good man... But please do not let him rope you into doing what you don't want to do....U can always assist anytime u can.I believe he is regretting his actions and inactions...What a story...God bless you buddy...
when I want to transact business or what I always tell my wife, never do what you will end up regretting later in life..
I am always conscious of my actions towards people. If only people will realize every action has it's own karma..

3 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by mardis: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Crossroad1:
she already forgave him many years ago but said they can never be together again..
Love no dey to give again so going into the relationship will abusive and intimidation.
Pupsy go dey intimidated, Mumsy gay no shikini love to give again.. She said pupsy already died in her heart..

Kudos to mum
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Saintmary(f): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Crossroad1:

She has done the right thing.
Like the previous poster said, women should not be forced to become retirement homes.

2 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by soonest(f): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
An emotional story. Poster, your mum needs to enjoy life, it's her turn to enjoy biko. Your dad will be fine las las

1 Like

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by waywardpikin: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
OP, this has been such a great read. Lengthy, but I'm glad I read through till the end. I loved how you ended your story by saying that worthy women are still out there, but they are so few. This is very true. However, searching for and valuing such a woman is definitely worth it. It is also not rocket science.

Stories like this are so rife with the older generation. A lot of gbas gbos (domestic violence) and actual toxic masculinity. That's why I actually believe that the men of this generation are better. I know husbands that cook and clean and assist the wife where necessary. They share bills, undertake projects and make financial investments together. If that isn't the true meaning of a union, I don't know what is.

Men of those days didn't even feel comfortable adding their wives or children to their will. They'd rather add their brother instead lol.

Stories like this though, so dark and so sad. A reminder to all of us to always do better and come to equity with clean hands.

3 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by ahnie: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
bukatyne:
Following.

Na my town be this.
I think op's beak has broken,why he dey address him Papa sister as his papA aunt and addresses his pman as her.

I no understand the lamba atall.
Modified....Please the father should park well and maintain his lane.that woman has gone Tru alot and should be left to enjoy her peace.
What a courageous, hard-working woman.
Honestly she's the real MVP.
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by AutoChick4U(f): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
Men should better learn.

2 Likes

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by debbydams(f): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
Crossroad1:
I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE OF WHOM AM WRITING THIS, BUT I HOPE PEOPLE LEARN A THING OR TWO FROM IT..

Being a redpiller is not a bad idea cos some women need iron hands to deal with if not, dem go turn you to simp but out there, you can still get a woman who will match whatever you have in mind only it might be very Rare.

My life started in the late 80's and my father was a very fortunate man.. When I clocked a year old, he bought a bicycle for me and then, it was like buying an expensive toy car or bike for your kids in this dispensation.
He was also a sharp shooter.. I am the first born and I take 8months senior my sister.. She use 1yr 10months senior 3rd born and third born use 3yrs senior 4th born.. 4th born use 10yrs senior 5th born..
He was first a bus driver before fortune smiled on him and he became a cocoa dealer and in some months, he was able to travel out to Austria..
Now, my father disvirgined my mom and I was the product..

But something happened in my father's family, they used his sister as (ODESAN) it's an akoko term and to my understanding, it means her sister married from her mother's family, it's more like a tradition.. I don't know but it seems like a bad thing cos my father get aggressive anytime he remembers this cos he said they suffered her sister while there.. Now my mum happens to come from the area where my dad's sister did ODESAN.. He was young then and maybe observed all evil did to her.. I don't know but that's what he said later in life..

My father traveled and in 3 years, he was sending in cars then and they sell it and send the money back to him after deducting some for all family members..
The biz was booming but 5yrs later, he was back in the country and he said it was my mother's mom that used juju to bring her back into the country.. That's offense no 2 for my naive mom.. Offense no 1 is they used her aunt for ODESAN in my mom's district..
Let me use island for example.. Lekki and ajah are both in island but not far from each other so let's say my mom is from ajah and my dad is from lekki and they used his aunt as ODESAN in ajah so he had hatred for ajah people..I wonder why he married from there. (this didn't happen in Lagos though).

Aside traditional wedding and introduction, till my mom's parent died, shishi dem no see from my pman.
Before he left naija, he Sabi womanize small, like dated 3women while married.
My dad senior my mum with 10 solid years. He was 28yrs and my mom was just a local 18yrs old girl. My dad was already making cool money at 26,he bought his first pickup at 26,bought his second ride a bus at 27 and traveled out at 33..

When baba came back after 5yrs, there are news of infidelity waiting for him.. While he was away, any man that came visiting was a man friend but I know my mom.. Each time we go from akoko to owo to make phone call then, she go dey kneel down dey follow pman talk, I was little so I didn't really know what's up.
I can vouch for my mum cos she was hardworking.. Taking care of 3kids and a pregnancy, while he was away, shuttling from Lagos to onitcha to akoko buying ready made clothes and reselling, she was very hardworking..
So when pupsy came back, so many things were said and my mom had to follow him to swear with ayelala that it was all lie but I guess cos of the hatred he had for his district people, he didn't believe. She swore in 3 diff places..
So we moved from akoko to akure and pman's true color started showing..
He started about 3 businesses that was doing fine and baba was investing in women and by now, we the kids too started feeling the heat.. We were going to one of the best school but na we owe school fees pass..
Baba even dey carry woman go abroad go knack..

My mum started dancing at cultural center akure with some groups to welcome important dignitaries.. She gathered money to register for Abe Ile nursing. When she was done, because my mum's people came to her freedom ceremony, baba was present..
He was able to rent a shop for her and stock it with medicines.. So they both contributed money and bought their second land.. 60/40,mumsy contributed 60% of the money..
After building the house,it was a 6 bedroom. He just floored 3 rooms and traveled again with his ashana to Dubai to enjoy life but before this, there were lots of gbas gbos from him to my mum. Any small mistake, it was gbas gbos with anything he can lay his hands on..

There is a mark at my back where I took a stool he threw at my mom even when she was 9months pregnant,it was this day I learnt they used his sister as ODESAN, he was crying when he said this..
I am not that stable at home, I was shuttling between boarding school, Egbon's house on holidays and our rented apartment sometimes.. My mum gave birth to our last born the following days.. I wept all through, from the house to the hospital.
He didn't take her there.
After birth, my mom was determined to better her life..
Pupsy traveled out with her ashana and Mumsy was left to fend for 5kids alone.
By this time, I had finished sec school so I moved permanently to Lagos to stay with Egbon.

Mumsy moved my siblings to our uncompleted house cos the landlord was already on her neck.. No windows, just entrance door, kitchen door, 3 cemented rooms and nothing.. She used mosquito nets and trampolines to cover each window and na short put dem dey do for there cos there were still bushes around the house..
No family members to help her except small small change I was sending from the hotel job I was doing in Lagos as a barman and waiter, was taking 2 salaries cos of both jobs..

Abeg I go continue tomorrow, this is making me emotional as am typing and it is still a bit lengthy..
Ps: pls am gonna beg everyone.. These are my parents, I purposely didn't put that it happened to some people, it happened to me and pls don't blame anyone yet, I just want both male and female to learn from this story, it might shape some people and make some have a rethink about their actions so pls no insult whatsoever biko...
hum mm are u from akkoko
Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by mariahAngel(f): 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Success is the best revenge.
Had your mum not made something of herself, I doubt your father would care for her forgiveness.

Your mother is a very strong woman.
Life threw stones at her, and with those stones, she built a fortress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) by Ishilove: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Crossroad1:
her sister dies so many years ago even before he became a man.. It was that experience that brought that hatred and I wonder, why must Peter suffer the consequences of Paul?
Be like say her sister suffer die and he was angry about it...
You don't marry people just to punish them later
What is ODESAN gangan?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.......... / Should I Introduce My Son To His Father? / Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.