Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product (14974 Views)

See This Cute Aba-made Shoes. / Chiffon Top From The U.S, Not Aba Made / Aba Made Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 09, 2013
During the time of OBJ as presido, in one of those his presidential chats, he was seriously promoting made in Naija goods and we were glued to d tv watching and hailing him until d presenter asked him if he can wear made in naija products all thru(ie, shoe, cloth,etc). Instead of cameraman to focus on d presenter or baba face, he went straight to his shoe and old boi, c Bleep up.
Even me know say that his sandals were italian. His agbada wasn't a naija product too. They immediately cut and went for a short break for them to come back and d presenter has rephrased the question.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by oge4real(f): 4:30am On Dec 09, 2013
oubi: [b]All these foreign designers are just hyped names... There is no guarantee that they'll last more that my locally made products.

I make my pams and shoes locally from jos. These are items I can bath wit and I've rocked it for 2yrs and still counting...

I rock foreign designs too like eye glasses and wrist watches but if I get a better local option, I switch!!

Please can u Pm me? I need someone to help me but pams from naraguta in Jos. been 6 years I left there. Thanks
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 09, 2013
There is no boutique u will enter in d west u won't c china products. Likewise nigeria.

What pple don't know is that that designer shoe they bought for 35k was actually aba product.
Very soon the west will also witness their invasion. Just a matter of time.
Those boys r too much.
Even with d harsh economic conditions by our politicians yet they r soaring high.
I applaud them abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by ukandi1(m): 4:51am On Dec 09, 2013
why would u think naija made products are not gud enuf when compared with d whiteman`s product? Stop this inferiority complex now. 90% of the so called foreign suits and shoes used in the guise of foreign products are ABA made products. They are better than most of the overhyped foreign rubbish most people wear.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by temitemi1(m): 5:51am On Dec 09, 2013
freda506: My money grows like grass.. grin grin grin
what happen to u during d dry season
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by pamesugar: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2013
All of u here are enjoying made in Aba stuffs,
Hehehehehehe stop it right there.
Aba is my FATHER's Land. And we can made U more than China.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Emytexboy(m): 6:39am On Dec 09, 2013
***RADIO BIAFRA LIVE BROADCAST IS ON NOW***
Call in after the news headlines with your view and join the debate of hot topics impacting on Biafra restoration by calling +447831308376 and also via the skype line on radiobiafra.
Go to your app store and download the bespoke app or listen via www.radiobiafra .coor www.biafratelev ision.coor www.indigenousp eopleofbiafra.o rgor on youtube @ http:// www.youtube.com/ watch?v=Bdu2jT1U jTs&feature=sha re
Radio Biafra - In Defence of Freedom
radiobiafra.co .
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Emytexboy(m): 6:39am On Dec 09, 2013
<<< ATTENTION PLEASE >>>
BIAFRA LIBERATION COUNCIL
OPERATION EXODUS
WE THE BIAFRAN LIBERATION COUNCIL HAVE EXPRESS OUR SADNESS OVER THE CURRENT KILLING OF EASTERNERS IN THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA BY THE MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALIST DESPITE THE ASSURANCE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT THE NON MUSLIMS AND THE EASTERNERS IN THE NORTHERN REGION, FOLLOWING THE RECENT INVASION OF THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE BASE AND CARTING AWAY WITH SOME HEAVY MILITARY EQUIPMENT BY THESE NORTHERN GROOMED ISLAMIST FUNDAMENTALIST,IT IS NO LONGER A SECRETE THAT NIGERIA HAS FAILED AND IS NO LONGER CAPABLE OF PROTECTING ITS CITIZENS NOT TO TALK OF FOREIGNERS WITHIN THE GEOGRAPHIC EXPRESSION/ENTITY KNOWN AS NIGERIA, AND SEQUEL TO THIS, THE BIAFRA LIBERATION COUNCIL HAVE DECLARED THE OPERATION EXODUS
1. WE HERE BY CALL ON ALL EASTERNERS/BIAFRANS IN THE NORTH AND INDEED IN OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA TO SEND THEIR WIVES AND CHILDREN HOME IMMEDIATELY BEFORE 30TH OF JANUARY 2014 OR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CALAMITY THAT BEFALL THEM AFTER THE GIVEN DATE,
2. WE ALSO URGE ALL EASTERNERS/BIAFRAN TO BE READY/PREPARED TO DEFEND THEMSELVES WHERE EVER THEY ARE IN CASE OF ANY FORM OF ATTACK ON THEM BY ANY SECT OR GROUP BE IT RELIGIOUS,TRIBAL OR POLITICAL SINCE NIGERIA HAS FAILED IN THEIR DUTY TO PROTECT THEM BUT RATHER CHOSE TO HAVE A CLEAN DAY ROMANCE WITH THE BOKOHARAM SECT HENCE PLAYING GAMES WITH THE LIVES AND PROPERTIES OF INNOCENT EASTERNERS/BIAFRIANS
WE CANNOT FOLD OUR ARMS ANY MORE AND WATCH THIS HORROR GROW DAY BY DAY, WE CANNOT FOLD OUR ARMS AND WATCH INNOCENT BIAFRANS MASSACRED MERCILESSLY IN THE HANDS OF THESE NORTHERN GROOMED BLOOD SUCKING DEMONS CALLED BOKOHARAM,
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, TO BE FORE WARNED IS TO BE FORE ARMED.
UDO NU.
from Biafra Ogbajirigwe
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2013
Emytex boy: <<< ATTENTION PLEASE >>>
BIAFRA LIBERATION COUNCIL
OPERATION EXODUS
WE THE BIAFRAN LIBERATION COUNCIL HAVE EXPRESS OUR SADNESS OVER THE CURRENT KILLING OF EASTERNERS IN THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA BY THE MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALIST DESPITE THE ASSURANCE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT THE NON MUSLIMS AND THE EASTERNERS IN THE NORTHERN REGION, FOLLOWING THE RECENT INVASION OF THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE BASE AND CARTING AWAY WITH SOME HEAVY MILITARY EQUIPMENT BY THESE NORTHERN GROOMED ISLAMIST FUNDAMENTALIST,IT IS NO LONGER A SECRETE THAT NIGERIA HAS FAILED AND IS NO LONGER CAPABLE OF PROTECTING ITS CITIZENS NOT TO TALK OF FOREIGNERS WITHIN THE GEOGRAPHIC EXPRESSION/ENTITY KNOWN AS NIGERIA, AND SEQUEL TO THIS, THE BIAFRA LIBERATION COUNCIL HAVE DECLARED THE OPERATION EXODUS
1. WE HERE BY CALL ON ALL EASTERNERS/BIAFRANS IN THE NORTH AND INDEED IN OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA TO SEND THEIR WIVES AND CHILDREN HOME IMMEDIATELY BEFORE 30TH OF JANUARY 2014 OR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CALAMITY THAT BEFALL THEM AFTER THE GIVEN DATE,
2. WE ALSO URGE ALL EASTERNERS/BIAFRAN TO BE READY/PREPARED TO DEFEND THEMSELVES WHERE EVER THEY ARE IN CASE OF ANY FORM OF ATTACK ON THEM BY ANY SECT OR GROUP BE IT RELIGIOUS,TRIBAL OR POLITICAL SINCE NIGERIA HAS FAILED IN THEIR DUTY TO PROTECT THEM BUT RATHER CHOSE TO HAVE A CLEAN DAY ROMANCE WITH THE BOKOHARAM SECT HENCE PLAYING GAMES WITH THE LIVES AND PROPERTIES OF INNOCENT EASTERNERS/BIAFRIANS
WE CANNOT FOLD OUR ARMS ANY MORE AND WATCH THIS HORROR GROW DAY BY DAY, WE CANNOT FOLD OUR ARMS AND WATCH INNOCENT BIAFRANS MASSACRED MERCILESSLY IN THE HANDS OF THESE NORTHERN GROOMED BLOOD SUCKING DEMONS CALLED BOKOHARAM,
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, TO BE FORE WARNED IS TO BE FORE ARMED.
UDO NU.
from Biafra Ogbajirigwe
mod hide this post pls
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Smily202(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2013
Why wont I wear Abba made shoe wen I cant or i can afford to by Original Gucci Prada e t.c.......Shoe n Shoe. ...as far as its quality looks gud....

Ppl buy Tecno live Galaxy Samsung. .....

No b Android be all of them?
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by ukachy69: 6:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Abu'm nwa aba! Aba x3 ........ Yes @ OP
I can
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nimen(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2013
Haba!! Na today Abu m nwa aba... Aba! Aba eh aba!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

OP use your stuff jawe
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2013
jmoore:

You have bought many and you are using them but you don't know. grin grin

That's the point, some go to the boutique and buy a well done,expensive Aba made fashion item without knowing it.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2013
curtain: Thanks to ABA and their products, nigeria would have being labeled solely consumer country.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by drnoel: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2013
gedtalks: There are designer names like Prada, Calvin Klien, D&G, Ejiro Amos Tafari, Denim Kitenge .... and lots more. When you wear any of these it makes you feel cool even if the product isn't as good as the name rings.

I once saw a very fine looking leather footwear but when I checked to see the name I saw NWA-ABA. Now I dont know whether or not I should buy that footwear. Its really nice and it looks strong. What do you guys think.... Should I go ahead and buy it or not? Can you wear an ABA-MADE product and boast about it. (please note that I have a clic of friends that are really up to date in fashion awareness) and they can kill someone with yabbing
have never being one to flaunt what I wear, besides I also never cared what people said or think. I worked in Aba for quite sometime in the past and I used to buy and make shoes and clothes there. Yes will definitely wear them, people can say what they want,...its not my problem. Besides, I once met a friend of mine that loved yabbing Aba products in one Ariaria shoe shop buying a made shoe. This guy swore he never buy those products and when I met him there he tried to hide. I just shoke my head and went there to fish him. He later gave us this tall tale of bullshit. I wonder if we donĀ“t patronize Aba products who will?

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Okudiover(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2013
grin grin Aba gbali ga agbali. No be only shoes and clothing. Locally made AK-47s, M16 etc full ground.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Dmentor(f): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2013
Why not? Gold is gold whether on a king, or on a mad man. I'm proud of Nwa Aba for being whom he truly is. Many 'Italian' shoes are actually made in Aba.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by nalu77: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2013
the time is right when we must begin to really appriciate nig made product cos those foreign products that we admire & patronize were once local. how i wish nigerians will be proud with nig made goods
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Beync(f): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Of course, you can get good quality materials or leather at a relatively better rates compare to those foreign designs.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Soso990240(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2013
If d quality is ok,why not? Even chinese people use their products.lets patronise our own.

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by koman: 9:14am On Dec 09, 2013
Guys do know that quality made Aba products are exported from naija and imported back into d country as foreign products,
though they are labelled made in Italy, USA, England etc with big brand names. grin grin

Don't daut me cus I'm aware of people that are making from such business.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2013
I wonder where they thought ALL these 'my money grows like grass and I facebook your mum' T-shirts are made. Even the N3000 all stars. ALL NA ABA! there are a lot of clothings out there being paraded as Chinese and Indian that are ABA made.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:48am On Dec 09, 2013
Am going with anything that fit me either it from ABA or ABAKALIKI
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by nnekaregy(f): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2013
Well as for me I had a very bad experience with Aba shoes. It was one of those hos in school that I travelled to Aba to visit an anty. As JJC I went to market to shop with my small savings and bought this fine slippers shoe, on reaching home my anty laughed but I didn't understand her laughter till I wore the shoe on sunday to church, on my way as I was walking on the tarred road leading to the church, the sole of the shoe started peeling, before I came back from church that day, part of the sole has choped off. Lesson: is better to buy ok than Aba depending on the size of ur pocket, go for the best. Even those in Aba patronise ok more than the locally made products.
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by safejourney: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2013
BEENI, OHUN TI A NI LANGBE LARUGE.

YES, YOU WILL PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by PassingShot(m): 10:31am On Dec 09, 2013
If the quality is of my taste, why not?
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Okijajuju1(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2013
Awwwww!! The good ol'days of Aba..

Okay!

Oga OP!! I understand your situation. There use to be a time when I was concious about Aba made goods until I learnt that in everything in life, its all about taste and style.

Now Aba is divided into two categories..

1. Low end: This is where you get your mass produced knock-offs. Jeans, shirts, suits, e.t.c. Anything that has a designer label and can be faked falls into this category. Back when I use to be obsessed with the label on my clothes, than on the quality and fit of the clothe, I fell victim to this side of Aba.. NOT ANY MORE.

2. High end: This is the part of Aba that deals in Quality. However, this quality comes at a price.

There is an Aba for everybody. I once saw a guy in Aba who dealt strictly in designer labels and tags. He had designer buckles, zips, buttons, clips, tags, e.t.c. and people were lining up to buy em. There is also a side of Aba that deals in genuine and authentic stuff. I found out about this side of Aba in my university days when I noticed that my roomates clothes use to fit him more than my 'Nigerian boutique' clothes. So when I asked him, he explained to me how he had tailors in Aba that made outfits for him at ridiculously cheap prices. Now this category is high-end per se because the clothes are made for you. The finishing is top quality done with high quality materials. Like the gum stay used will be the good quality one, e.t.c and in the end, the designer would only put either his label or your label or no label on it. Thats why till today, my work shirts and trousers (apart from my jeans & chinos) are all locally made, though now done in Lagos because of the distance to Aba, but some of the tailors for my natives are still based in Aba.

So the answer to your question O.P sir is YES!! I can, I have and I do still wear some 'made in Aba' clothes..

I will never try to lie to anybody that my outfit are what they are not. There is an Aba for everybody. Some of my finest wears in school were made in Aba. I even had a guy who made these wickid leather slippers for me then in Aba as well. Those slippers were always to beautiful and rugged.

3 Likes

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by vivaciouzz(f): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2013
y not?? its just like buying a tecno fone n asking me whether I will boast of a fone I bought wit money..am an aba gal though I come from IMO BT am damn proud of dis city..I wear aba made clothes n I don't buy d rampant ones,I go for dose rare BT simple ones..Made In Aba..I REP A.B.A City.

1 Like

Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Sweetlemon(f): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Yvete: If the quality of the leather is pretty good or top-notch, get it. My only issue with locally made shoes is when they stamp high-end designers like Prada on obviously fake leather shoes and bags. cheesy I won't be caught ... Quite embarrassing!

Me too
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by slydv(m): 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
shocked
gedtalks: There are designer names like Prada, Calvin Klien, D&G, Ejiro Amos Tafari, Denim Kitenge .... and lots more. When you wear any of these it makes you feel cool even if the product isn't as good as the name rings.

I once saw a very fine looking leather footwear but when I checked to see the name I saw NWA-ABA. Now I dont know whether or not I should buy that footwear. Its really nice and it looks strong. What do you guys think.... Should I go ahead and buy it or not? Can you wear an ABA-MADE product and boast about it. (please note that I have a clic of friends that are really up to date in fashion awareness) and they can kill someone with yabbing
av u nt seen aba polo raph lauren shirt b4? Instead of seein a man on a horse playin polo, u see an elephant eatin grass
Re: Can You SHINE With An Aba Made Product by Darwindfirst: 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Yes nah...i go buy d ones i lyk, if u no lyk am buy dash me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Acne Treatment? / RoyalRufai Stitches-Your Competent & Credible Tailor & Fashion Designer. / Fashion Styles By The Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.