Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Man And What He Fears. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Man And What He Fears. (1473 Views)

African Man And A Chinese Jinn / The Black Man And His Allah (s.w.t) Explained / The Black Man And His Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fear is natural in human being,as there is in the human brain the limbic system,which is the centre for basic emotional drives such as fear which is produced by stimulation of the concerned part.
There are countless of creatures and conditions as well as objects made by man that people fear and worried about.
They include:man himself,jinn,witch/wizard,Satan,death,wild animals,poverty, failure,disasters,misfortunes,ill-health even religion.
Many people are afraid of everything and give frightened look and cowardice reaction to ordinary issue.Such unreasonable and uncontrollable fear is unnatural and unhealthy and does not befit man especially a Muslim as he will not enjoy tranquility of soul to live a peaceful life expected of him to fulfill the essence of his creation.This is disastrous for his being both in this World and Hereafter.

CAUSES OF FEAR
The causes of fear in man are attributable to many reasons which include:

Lack of Piety: One who has no belief in Allah is naturally fearful about everything.He feels empty and lonely especially when threatened.
He lacks all spiritual strength and hope to stand firm and above worries.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Maidah 5:35-... So seek the ways to draw closer to Allah.
Allah is ready to accept you,Allah also says in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:186- When My servants ask you about Me,say I am near I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me.So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may be rightly guided

Lack of Knowledge:An ignorant man about the knowledge of the nature, limitation and ability of Allah’s creations is overwhelmed by their fear.And lack of understanding about what Allah says of certain conditions and secret of devils and trials,makes some submerge in continuous and avoidable torment of fear.
Allah says in Surah Ta-ha 20:114- Therefore seek increased knowledge about the true message of Quran
Re: Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Evil Handiwork:The consequence of those who deliberately wrong people and do evil deeds is certain to hunt them about, and they continue to be the prisoner of their own conscience. Those who work evils will certainly expect the curse of their victims and that cause them fear. Be wise think twice and avoid evil thought let alone evil deeds (Surah Al-Anam 6:120)!

Worries about Future:Thinking about how to survive,the unpleasant things that might happen or that have happened or about the problem that one have,do arouse fear in many people.
But,if one realizes that Allah is able to do all things and in His hand is the future,then one will rather supplicate Him and hope in Him than to fear the morrow (Surah Al-Imran 3:26-27)!

Pressure of the Oppressors and Powerful People:The prowess of the mighty and bully as well as bellicose of the oppressor and powerful people ordinarily cause fear in some people that serves them.

But if it is well understood that Allah says in Surah Al-Kahf 18:39 -There is no power save Allah and Surah Ar-Rahman 55:26-27 - All that is on earth will pass away.And there will remain only the Person of Allah,Master of Glory and Honour
Then one cares not about feeble power and fleeting intimidation!

EFFECT OF FEAR

Fear makes people to tell lie,to deceive to corrupt,and to renegade from one faith. Fearing anything other than Allah is counter -productive to an Islamic life.
It causes disturbance of worship- the purpose of creation,faith becomes weakened and one’s activities and all endeavours - economical,social and spiritual will be pervaded with regression. Energy will be sapped and life will become miserable as one will be subjected to deceit and exploitation and the worst of it,is going into shirk- polytheism either consciously or unconsciously,all with their attendance bad consequences.

Health-wise,irrational and continuous fear is very harmful to the body especially to mental health. The Noble Prophet(pbuh) said:The worst evil found in man is the frightening cowardice and the un-dignifying miserliness.(Abu Dawud).

FEAR AND REALITY OF LIFE:
Death,poverty,misfortune,failure,success, ill-health and many others are situations that man live with on earth.
At one time or the other,one is bound to experience any of these.They are trials if not consequence of one’s disobedience to Allah’s order or one misdeed.

One needs not to worry about them in case of their natural occurrence or apprehension. One’s knowledge and believe in the words of Allah and supplication are enough to lead fear-free life followed by the right preventive/corrective procedure to tackle them.
So far,one does not dip hands in forbidden acts that turn round to produce the consequence.
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:155 -We will try you with something of fear and hunger and loss of wealth and lives and fruits,but give glad tidings to the patients.
Surah Al-Baqarah 2:214 -Do you think that you will enter Heaven while there has not come over you the condition of those who passed away before you? Poverty and afflictions befell them and they were violently shaken until the messenger and those who believed along with him said:when will come the help of Allah?” Surely the help of Allah is nigh”

With true faith in Allah,and obedience to His orders,you would attain the fulfillment of His words,that:Surely there is ease after hardship.[Surah Ash-sharh 94:5].

1 Like

Re: Man And What He Fears. by randwise(m): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pls, teach me how to have this so called "spiritual strenght"... I admire to have a very close relationship with the ALMIGHTY but, i just need a guide. I'd love it if a Generous Muslim Brother, can help.
Re: Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
randwise: Pls, teach me how to have this so called "spiritual strenght"... I admire to have a very close relationship with the ALMIGHTY but, i just need a guide. I'd love it if a Generous Muslim Brother, can help.
You should read this bro.
www.nairaland.com/1370131/how-attain-spiritual-perfection
Re: Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
MAN’S SUPERIORITY:
There is no doubt that man is superior to all other creatures created by Allah but men are equal among themselves as the same spirit of Allah was breathed into them by the same God which made them powerful even than Satan or any other spirit.

Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Isra 17:70 -We have honoured the sons of Adam... and conferred on them special favours,above a great part of our creation.
Surah As-Sajadah 32:9 -Then He (Allah) fashioned him (man) and breathed into him of His spirit…

If Allah spirit is in one,then what spirit and force is greater and powerful than that entity? Then why worry and why the fear? Man is raised to a position of honor above the brute creation;his spiritual faculties raised him above the greater part of Allah’s creation.

If one realizes this favours and noble destiny and superiority he occupies,there will be no reason for fearing anything on earth except the Creator- Almighty Allah.

FEAR NO ONE EVEN SATAN!:
As a Muslim one needs not to fear anybody or creature,even Satan! The Prophet(pbuh) said:There should be no obedience to a creature in disobedience to Allah the Creator(Ahmad)
He also said:Whoever pleases the people by angering Allah,Allah will leave him to the people(Tirmidhi)

Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Imran 3:175 - …It is Satan who only frightens his friends,so fear them not but fear Me (Allah),if you are believers.
Surah An-Nisa 4:76 -Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah and those who disbelieve fight in the cause of the evil one. Fight therefore against the friends of Satan, surely,Satan’s strategy is weak.
Surah Al-Maidah 5:44 -…therefore fear not men but fear Me (Allah) and barter not My Signs for a paltry price…”

If Satan should not be feared and if his strategy is weak,then his accomplices like sadists and wizards are worthless!

JUSTICE - DEALING THAT BEATS FEAR:
As a Muslim,your relation with people, good and bad of them matters most.
To avoid the fear of people whatever their class and belief you must deal with them with justice and give respect to those it is due.
Once you deal not treacherously with people and does not violate their rights, then you are free from their evil and will be protected by Allah.

Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah An-Nisa 4:135 -O you who believe, be strict in observing justice and be witness for Allah,even though it be against yourselves, or your parents and kindred.Whether he be rich or poor.Allah is more regardful of them both than you are.Therefore follow not low desires so that you may act equitably.And if you conceal the truth or evade it,then remember that Allah is well aware of what you do.

The Prophet(pbuh) said:….And fear the prayer of the oppressed one,for truly there is no veil between him and Allah (Sunan Nasai).

Injustice to others is the foundation of fear of such people’s attack and evil.If you can avoid injustice, cheating and oppression, you have no cause of fearing evil people. Disbelievers don’t know Allah but that does not make Allah to deny them their rights. He is Lord of justice and He sides not with injustice against any of His creatures.
Re: Man And What He Fears. by randwise(m): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank you so much sir. I think u can also contribute to this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1544512/belief-death-islam
Re: Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
FEAR OF ALLAH,THE ULTIMATE:
Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:223 -And fear Allah and know that you shall meet Him.

Surah At-Tawbah 9:119 -O ye who believe! Fear Allah and be with the truthful.

Surah Al-Ahzaab 33:70 -O you who believe! Fear Allah and say the right word.

Surah Al-Hashr 59:18 -O you who believe! Fear Allah and let every soul look to what it sends forth for the morrow. And fear Allah, verily Allah is well aware of what you

The fear of Allah actually means consciousness of His Might,Greatness and Omnipresence which leads to unconditional submission to His true commands,found in His approved faith - Islam (Surah Al-Maidah 5:3;Surah Al-Anam 6:83-90).
Allah says in Surah Al-Mulk 67:1-2 -Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Kingdom,and He has power over all things.Who has created death and life that He might try you which of you is best in conduct.

There is wisdom to fear Allah in this for anyone who can reflect and shows understanding.Otherwise he becomes those who will fail according to Allah:
And when it is said to him ‘fear Allah’,pride incites him to further sin.So Hell shall be his sufficient reward and surely,it is an evil place of rest [Surah Al-Baqarah 2:206].

And those who fear the religion of Islam has no basis to that other than hypocrisy and hatred,which has failed by the fact that this beautiful message about fear being said herein is revealed by the same faith and since Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:102 -O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared,and let not death overtake you except as a Muslim.

Surah Al-Imran 3:19 -Surely,the only true religion with Allah is Islam…
show that their eminence and salvation lie in what they are running away from!

ITS BENEFITS:
Fear of Allah makes life meaningful and peaceful;it makes worship perfect, accepted and abundantly rewarded.

It protects one from sin and corruption as well as evil deeds and shields one from evil of other creatures.
The Prophet(pbuh) said:One who fears Allah is feared by all creatures and he who does not fear Allah fears everything.

Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah An-Naml 27:53 -And We saved those who believed and feared Allah.

Surah Yunus 10:103 -Thus it is incumbent on Us to save the believers.

Surah Ar-Rahman 55:46 -And but for them who fear the standing before his Lord, there will be two Gardens in Paradise
.And that is the ultimate.

SOLACE:

A Muslim,who avoid unnecessary fear and worry but take cognizance of obligations of khalifah- vicegerent of Allah on earth which He wants him to assume (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:30),is assured of fear- free but perfect happy life,as Allah says in many places in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:38 - And whoso shall follow My (Allah’s) guidance,on them shall come no fear nor shall they grieve.

Surah Al-Baqarah 2:62 -…Whoso believe in Allah and the last Day and does good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord,and no fear shall come upon them,nor shall they grieve.

Surah Al-Baqarah 2:112 - Whoever submit himself as a Muslim to Allah and is the doer of good, shall have his reward with his Lord,no fear shall come upon such neither shall they grieve.

Surah Al-Baqarah 2:262 -They who spend their wealth for the cause of Allah,then follow not up what they have spent with taunt and injury,for them is their reward with their Lord and they shall have no fear,nor shall they grieve.

Surah Yunus 10:62 -Behold,the friends of Allah shall certainly have no fear,nor shall they grieve.

Surah Az-Zukhruf 43:60-61 -O My servants,there is no fear for you this day,nor shall you grieve.You believed in Our signs and submitted as Muslims.

Surah Al-Ahqaf 46:13 - Verily,those who say,Our Lord is Allah,and then remain steadfast,no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve

1 Like

Re: Man And What He Fears. by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 06, 2013
jazakallahu khairan for this wonderful piece op.May Allah Increase us all in Imaan and Taqwa
Re: Man And What He Fears. by maclatunji: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Thank you Op, Jazakumllahu khayra.
Re: Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2013
abdoolhapheez: jazakallahu khairan for this wonderful piece op.May Allah Increase us all in Imaan and Taqwa
Wa Iyyakum bro,ameen to your duas.

maclatunji: Thank you Op, Jazakumllahu khayra
Wa Iyyakum sire.
Re: Man And What He Fears. by sino(m): 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
jazakumullahu khayran bro, really a good read.
Re: Man And What He Fears. by bbkkatunxo: 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Masha Allah op May Allah continue to gv you more knowledge n wisdom n bless ur family and Muslim umma(Amin)
Re: Man And What He Fears. by bbkkatunxo: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mod am begging coz of Allah take dis to front page for others to benefit
Re: Man And What He Fears. by AlBaqir(m): 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nice article!

Fear of the unseen or unknown (esp. Of the future). And we can overcome this by 'tawakkul' (total reliance on God). And we can achieve this by 'MaarifatiLLAH' (experiential knowledge of God); His greatness, how He works with wisdom, His justice etc. Then being optimistic and prayerful also helps.

1 Like

Re: Man And What He Fears. by lanrexlan(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
bbkkatunxo: Masha Allah op May Allah continue to gv you more knowledge n wisdom n bless ur family and Muslim umma(Amin)
Ameen and you too bro.

Sino: jazakumullahu khayran bro,really a good read
Wa Iyyakum my dear brother,long time o.

Al-Baqir:
Nice article! Fear of the unseen or unknown (esp. Of the future). And we can overcome this by 'tawakkul' (total reliance on God). And we can achieve this by 'MaarifatiLLAH' (experiential knowledge of God); His greatness, how He works with wisdom, His justice etc. Then being optimistic and prayerful also helps
That's true,there are signs of Allah around us and even in ourselves.
Re: Man And What He Fears. by sino(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Bump. cool
Re: Man And What He Fears. by Samoneo(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
very informative... I love It. May Allah increase you in knowledge

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aisha’s (rta) Age: The Myth Of A Proverbial Wedding Exposed / Question(s) To All Muslim / Islam Kills Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.