Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

The Angele Of The Fallen - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Angele Of The Fallen (7247 Views)

Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Dragon Rider: Rise Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by noble4d(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 12:34am On Dec 22, 2013

Alexandria banged the door behind her and leaned against it. She took deep breaths and looked around the little cottage that had become home to her over the years, it always had the ability to calm her down, sort of like connect her with her roots. But today, it somehow failed her.

She still felt as scared as she did when she saw Miles lying lifeless. Slowly, she slipped down the wooden door before burying her face in her thighs as tears poured uncontrolably down her face.

For the first time in her life, Alexandria finally felt what it was like to hit rock bottom.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves here." Victoria muttered holding up a slim finger.

"You have a better explanation as to why my thaek is dry when the Cyrenes' screams were heard today?" Katrina cocked a brow already getting furious.

Victoria strolled slowly to the floor to ceiling window, she could feel her mind racing with different ideas and thoughts.

"We killed her, or did you forget?" She rested on the sill. "Right in the heart of the Haven. We killed her Katrina. I killed her."

Katrina remembered alright. She remembered how the Hart Witches stormed into Old Shrine, black magic on their side and stole the pregnant Angeles. They were the weakest. Angeles lost all their powers once they were with child.

It was the best way to kill them. And their unborn babies, the perfect way of eliminating two birds with one stone.

"What I remember is that that particular baby caused us more harm than good. We were never sure of killing her." Katrina spoke with a slight lisp.

"She died." Victoria turned to face the other Witch this time. "There's no way she survived that attack."

Katrina held her tongue. Despite Victoria's shaky reassurance, she had a gut feeling that that baby from all those years ago was in Old Shrine.

"Anyway, my main reason for this visit was to find out if your ally in Old Shrine is still under wraps."

"And for what reason?"

Katrina sighed "Isn't it obvious Victoria? I need to confirm if anything foreign or out of the ordinary has occured there. Unlike you, I'm actually worried about this."

"And why should I let you speak with my ally?"

"Didn't you just hear me? We need to find out if anyone new is living there!"

Victoria settled on her bed and slowly caressed her beige duvet. She was enjoying this. "Nothing new is living there. You're getting yourself worked up for nothing."

"This might be some huge joke to you Victoria, but some of us have our destinies, fates and future riding on this. If somewhere in that twisted heart of yours, you still care about our well beings, you'll do this."

Victoria didn't fail to notice how Katrina cleverly avoided the word "please".

"So I should risk going into the Old Shrine just so you can sleep better tonight?"

"Your presence is not needed Victoria. I just need the name of your ally. I'll find a way to contact her. Magically of course."

Victoria giggled lightly. That, she couldn't let happen. Giving a witch like Katrina that kind of power led to fatal endings. "That's impossible Katrina. Only I and I alone can contact my ally on the other side. It's a Daakar spell."

"A Daakar spell? Involving blood?"

Victoria nodded. "Only I can summon her. Besides, it's been almost twenty years since I spoke with her. She might be dead or...maybe discovered as a traitor and slain."

"There's only one way to find out."

"You're not suggesting what I think is turning the wheels in your head, are you?"

"Victoria, it's for the safety of the entire race."

"At the possibility of facing Merisole's wrath? Think again Katrina. That woman ruined me once. No way would I let her put me in such a sticky situation again."
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 12:37am On Dec 22, 2013
Thanks for all the lovely comments guys. Means alot. cheesy

Sorry for the long hiatus. I fell a little sick and then I lost my muse grin. Thanks for all your patience. cheesysmiley
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 22, 2013
grin
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Cheriepet: 9:25am On Dec 22, 2013
i just love historicals n i luv dis story n i am so following.

u re doing a great job
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Kslib(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2013
Glad you feel better..

I guess its too early for readers to start talking about the characters. The story will have to go deep a little i guess..

Good job!
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by meracool(m): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Following..
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by meracool(m): 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
STARTED FROM page zero (0) and Now am Here ...

Good Job. Nomski0 .. Keep on Writing.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
mayapop: grin
Cheriepet: i just love historicals n i luv dis story n i am so following.

u re doing a great job
Kslib: Glad you feel better..

I guess its too early for readers to start talking about the characters. The story will have to go deep a little i guess..

Good job!
meracool: STARTED FROM page zero (0) and Now am Here ...

Good Job. Nomski0 .. Keep on Writing.

Thanks Guys!
cheesy:D8)

1 Like

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2013

"Whoa! Where to?" Darren quickly grabbed a handful of Nicholas' black shirt stopping him in the process.

Both Men just arrived at the palace after the long ride from Valene. Around them, the Wellington arena bubble with activities. Both both animals, men and servant went about their daily business, though they never hesistated to stop and pay respect to their crown prince.

"I thought we agreed on a little game of poker. I need to win my money back." Darren grinned before releasing Nicholas' shirt.

"Maybe another time Darren. There's something I need to attend to." The Prince dismissed his cousin, his mind already on something else.

"I know that look Nick. Don't tell me this has something to do with the lunatic at the boundary." Darren narrowed his eyes.

Nicholas just kept silent. No use denying. He was very much interested in the so called lunatic. He had no idea why but he felt a certain urge to find her, he almost felt like she needed his help.

"You have got to be kidding me! You're going to toss poker and play detective to a crazy girl? I'm act---"

"Nicholas! Thank the heavens I found you." Darren was interrupted.

Both men whipped their heads to the sound of the voice.

Martin Becking.

One of the Lords in the Almerian army. He approached them, he appeared to be coming from the Palace entrance, iron helmet in his right arm while his ungloved left hand wielded his sheathed sword. His war boots made slapping noises on the concrete steps which infuriated Darren.

Nicholas frowned not expecting the titled soldier in the capital when he was supposed to be on a peace keeping mission. Darren, on the other hand groaned.

Martini Becking was once his trainer and teacher in the act of perfecting striking with the mace......he ultimately sucked at it. While Nicholas was praised by Becking, he was constantly associated with the term- mediocrity.

"Lord Becking." Nicholas muttered.

"I know. What's he doing here? He's supposed to be in Nexus, feasting on uncooked meat." Darren added, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"My Prince." Martin said.

"What brings you here? I thought your troopes were assigned to Nexus."

"That is so Nicholas but I bring urgent message to your father."

"Urgent?"

"I believe so. Perhaps you could summon him, that'll make this faster." He rocked back on his heels.

"If it's so urgent and important, why dont you summon the king yourself." This time Darren spoke.

Martin spared him a glance, "I thought I recognized you. The famous trouble."

Darren rolled his eyes.

"Did you send word before this visit to the capital?" Nicholas knew he had to get the conversation back on track, his former teacher and his cousin never got along.

"There was no time for that. Things are getting out of control in Nexus. Your father has to--needs to hear about this." Martin replied.

The fear in Martin's eyes bothered Nicholas. Nexus was a small province just south of Valene. It was always peaceful. Like every other province in Almeria, it definately had it's problems like bandits, crime and tax problems, other than that, it was relatively peaceful.

"Any chance you can tell me about this problem before my father?"

"I think your father should hear of this first my lord. We owe him that." Martin said without wavering.

Nicholas sighed defeated. His own personal problem would have to wait.

1 Like

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 12:55am On Dec 23, 2013

Deep in the heart of the Palace, Katrina massaged her temples feeling her temper rising.
Dealing with someone as conceited and self centred as Victoria Wellington was never easy.

"Victoria," She sighed with her eyes closed. "It's better we get to the root of this problem now that it feels like it's in it's young stages. You don't have to say a thing to your ally, I'll do all the talking. But pleas-- just do it."

Victoria could see Katrina was close to her breaking point. She wondered just how far she could push the Witch before she broke.

"Did you miss the part where I mentioned Merisole?"

"Merisole isn't a problem. I've defeated her once, and I can do it again."

Victoria didn't fail to miss the insult in Katrina's words. "No one crossed the boundary Katrina. Nothing extraordinary happened in Old Shrine today. And most importantly your thaek might be empty because no one actually crossed and maybe the Cyrenes screamed in false alarm. Go back to Hart Haven and stop worrying about things that aren't happening." She used her famous queen-to-peasant voice. And dismissively too.

Katrina shook her head. It was definately time for plan B.
"I didn't want to do this Victoria. I tried to reason with you, but you've obviously become too self centred to care about anyone but yourself."

Victoria sat up and scoffed. She didn't like the tone of Katrina's voice.

Katrina reached into the inner pocket of her sapphire dress and circled her fingers on her hollow flute. Before the other witch could react and draw up protection, she blew the flute straight into the eyes of the queen.
Katrina watch with glee as the black ash flew and engulfed Victoria's angelic face before disappearing.

It was one of the few herbal mixtures which caused serious problems.

Valley ash and mistletoe.

Victoria shrieked when the ash settled on her face, but she was silent once it disappeared.

Katrina smiled before tucking in her flute. She was definately glad to have choosen it as her plan B. No amount of magical barrier that the Palace held could tarnish the effect of Valley ash and mistletoe...especially on witches.

"Victoria?" She called, prepared to test it's effect. "What is the name of your ally in Old Shrine?"

Never will I utter the name to you, Victoria thought breathing rapidly. It wasn't until she muttered, "Raquel. Her name is Raquel" that she realized what Katrina did to her.

Valley ash and mistletoe.

"You little weasel" Victoria gasped when she saw Katrina's triumphant grin. "You used Valley ash and Mistletoe on me."

"Or as I like to call them, the truth herbs." Katrina grinned wider. "Is the connection between you and this, Raquel really by the Daaker spell?"

Victoria tried fighting against the herbs, but she knew it was hopeless. She could feel her body weaken and betray her. Valley Ash and Mistletoe weren't like every other herbs, they had to wear off and till then, you remained under their control. "Yes." She finally said.

"And if you were to summon her, what would you do?"

"I am going to rip you apart Katrina, I'm going to make you pay for this." Victoria threatened feeling physically weak. A terrible side effect.

"Answer the question."

"My blood. And the spell."

"What's the spell?"

"Meltuide dei misterere nostre qui oremus sicuit." Victoria whispered faintly.

Katrina couldn't help but giggle. The all powerful Almerian queen reduced before her. She grabbed her pocket knife ready to draw blood.

"Prepare yourself Victoria. Seems like we're both going to the Old Shrine."

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by meracool(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2013
Hmm getting more intresting....
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry christmas OP smiley
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Cheriepet: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hey sis merry christmas.

any update for ur peeps today?
wish u wont stop writing.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Kslib(m): 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Now its getting Very very Interesting!!

The updates are kinda scanty.. Seems like you dont have an already pre-decided time for that..

Anyway,you are still doing a superb job--- this story is very rich!! Merry xmas and a Happy new year in advance..

1 Like

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by adegwurulez(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2013
following... great work op
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by christejames(m): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Waoooow!!!! I have never seen an erudite female writer on this section of nairaland since i startd reading from literature section. Nomski, u are truly a great writer with this captivating story of an acient countryside. *pull off clothes to follow the already filled lorry* happy new year fellow readers.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by princesa(f): 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy new year to you Nomski, do speed up with the update, The Lord is ur musclesmiley
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by sakaguchi(m): 12:52am On Feb 16, 2019
What happened to this girl Nomski0, I use to follow you up 5 years ago. I hope she is alright? Anyone who knows her?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have you been scammed as a writer? Share your story! / Must Read: Bra Boi (18+) - Full Story / My Appreciation Letter To 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.