Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Angele Of The Fallen - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Angele Of The Fallen (7254 Views)

Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Dragon Rider: Rise Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 12:43am On Dec 12, 2013

"Help"

Nicholas frowned at the direction of the voice ignoring Darren's jibes.

"What was that?" His cousin whipped his head around causing his ponytail to dance.

"Shhh." The prince held up a finger to silence Darren. He narrowed his eyes round the pass, listening for sounds.

Oddly, the place was quiet. No singing birds, no buzzing insects.....even the wind was silent.

"Someone please help me!"

This time, he was sure of the location. South east.

"Sounds like a cry for help." Darren said lazily.
Nicholas gave him an incredulous look.

"What?" Darren threw his hands up with a foolish grin.

"It's coming from that direction. Towards those old rocks." The geographer in him was coming alive. "Come on. Let's check it out."

Darren sighed in annoyance. Nicholas always did this, somehow his cousin managed to ruin their day with one of his numerous saviour-of-the-world-schemes.
Still he picked the apple that fell before trailing behind Nicholas.

This better be worth it.

Alexandria ran like her life depended on it. She fell a couple of times but picked herself up almost immediately. She had to get help for Miles, she couldn't let him die. She didn't think she'd be able to live with herself.

She kept running searching frantically for any sign of life. Someone had to be around. She'd heard hooves. Horses never rode themselves.....someone had to be riding them.
Someone had to be around here.

The gasp of relief that fell from her lips when she spotted two men walking in her direction literally cut her throat.

She doubled her pace. "Please, you have to help me. My friend is----"
She stopped to heave a sigh of relief when one of them ran towards her. She knelt down on some azeleas trying to catch her breath.

The man was slightly built, with brown hair dusted with gold. His eyes were intense....and scary. They were an odd shade......blue like the Valene streams and intriguing as the azeleas beneath her but also as green as the fields she was currently kneeling on.

Somehow he seemed familiar and unapproachable. An odd combination.

He knelt before her, his eyes scanning a part of her she didn't know existed.
"What's wrong fair maiden? Are you hurt."

Alexandria frowned before shaking her head. "No. It's my friend. He's dying. Please help us kind sir. Please."

She took huge gulps of air as she spoke suddenly exhausted from the running she did.

"And where is this your ah friend?"

"By the boundary. We have to hurry sire. Please."

Suddenly finding her strength again. Alexandria trottled to her feet and took to her heels, pausing long enough to confirm that the kind gentleman was behind her.

She ran and ran. Feeling a mixture of joy and sorrow.

Joy, because she'd found help. Sorrow, because she knew somewhere in her puzzled mind that she was too late.

She got to the Valene pass and stopped almost falling to the ground once again.

"Miles?" She called out, her voice shaking with horror.

In place of Miles' lifeless body lay a single white rose.

Miles was gone.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 1:12am On Dec 12, 2013

In a habit that had become part of him, Nicholas studied the pass.....and the boundary.....and more importantly, the creature who was a crumbling mess of emotions before him.

The boundary was silent and looked virtually abandoned. But the smell of blood and death lingered.

"Miles?" The creature before him whimpered. He wasn't sure yet of her specie but he wasn't about to assume she was normal......or more importantly, human.

He watched her frown at a particular spot just before the boundary then take small unsure steps.

"Miles, this isn't funny. Where are you?"

Nicholas frowned at her as she looked around the pass, her eyes focusing on everything. Everything but him.
He got a weird sense that she'd forgotten he actually existed.

Behind him, Darren arrived munching a red apple, surveying the surroundings.

The creature was still calling out to what he could only assume to be the friend she just talked to him about.

"Miles, where are you. This isn't funny."

Nicholas felt his frown deepen.

"What is a Miles?" Darren asked from behind him.

Apparently she heard. Because her next words were: "Please help me look for him. I can't find him. He was just here a while ago." She pointed to what looked like a single white flower.

"Who?" Nicholas asked. Slowly loosing his patience.

"My friend Miles. He tried to cross the boundary but he started screaming an bleeding and I tried to help him but---"

"He tried to cross the boundary? Don't you kids know that's practically suicide?" This time Darren got serious, finally paying attention.

"I- I- I thought they were just stories. But they---" She trailed off whimpering.

She was crying. Nicholas noticed.

Suddenly she looked helpless. Her frail form begged to be held and comforted. She couldn't be more that twenty five summers.

"What were you both doing here in the first place?"

"It's all my fault. I killed him. I, killed Miles. I crossed it and I wanted him to follow suit. I'm evil. I killed him, and he warned me but I didn't listen."
She wailed.

Nicholas took a step forward, he was still several sentences behind at "I crossed it.", and now he was convinced that this was definately a creature.
"What do you mean by you crossed it?"

"I have to find him. I have to get him back. Miles can't leave me." She completely ignored his question and broke out in a run."He's on the other side. I have to get him out."

"Grab her Darren. She mustn't escape." Nicholas ordered before taking to his heels.

Darren groaned. This definately wasn't worth it. They'd stumbled upon a lunatic.......however how beautiful she appeared to be, she was still a lunatic. And was better left ignored.

Still he tossed his half eaten apple before running after his impulsive cousin.
Catching a lunatic wasn't on his menu today.

1 Like

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Oyinprince(m): 5:19am On Dec 12, 2013
Nice story u've got here mam cheesy cheesy
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 6:25am On Dec 12, 2013
Oyinprince: Nice story u've got here mam cheesy cheesy
Thanks grin
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by slap1(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2013
It's good, the way you wax poetic when describing abstracts like the weather or nature. Keep it up.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
slap1: It's good, the way you wax poetic when describing abstracts like the weather or nature. Keep it up.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2013

Alexandria made a beeline for the boundary. She didn't know why she felt Miles was on the other side but she just......knew. Every cell in her body told her so. Her heart told her so. He was behind the boundary.

She felt two strong hands circle her arms preventing her from crossing. It was the two men.

"What have you gotten us into Nick. She's obviously crazy!" Darren held on to the girl who was trying desperately to escape his strong grip.

"Which is why we can't leave her to do something stupid." Nicholas shot back, holding her tighter.

"Please let me go. I have nothing on me. I just want to find my friend. I'm sure he's over there." Her eyes travelled back and forth between both men. It just started occuring to her that they could probably be bandits and not actual noble men.

Darren gave her an incredulous look but remained silent. It was Nicholas who spoke instead; "We're not trying to rob you. We just need you to calm down and tell us what happened. We're from the palace and have no intention of causing you any harm."

Alexandria stopped struggling when she noticed his voice hardening with every word. Something about the way he spoke, the way those odd remarkable eyes of his went colder, as if he were commanding her made her study him closely.

He was suddenly more familiar. She'd seen him before. The pieces began falling into place......he mentioned palace.
Her eyes flew to the other man by her side. He was also familiar.

The Palace.

It was prince Nicholas Wellington.

Alexandria's heart raced faster in her chest. He was here to arrest her for trespassing and murder. He knew. They wanted to arrest her and throw her in the Lockshire Prisons.....they knew she was a criminal.

At once she knew she had to escape. She had to see her mother first.

"Did you fall asleep?" Nicholas asked dryly trying to insert a little humor in the situation.

"No. No, I'm fine. Please you can let go."

She let out a small sigh of relief when their hands loosened.

"Are you alright now?" Nicholas asked surprising himself.

Alexandria took a step backwards and gave a small smile before nodding.
She kept taking small steps backwards attempting to get far away before breaking into a run.

"Your friend, uh, Miles? Where is he?" He asked.

"He's not here." She took another step backwards.

"But you said he was hurt." He said again.

"And you crossed the boundary. And something about you trying to make him cross." Darren cocked a brow then frowned when he noticed her retreating.

"And that you killed him......"

That was the last straw. Alexandria broke out in a run.
She wasn't about to get arrested. At least not yet.

Nicholas watched her run. Her blue dress flowing around her.

Yep. She was a lunatic alright.

"I wonder what she had for breakfast this morning. It sure is making her hallucinate." Darren giggled as he watched her run. Somehow, the whole scenario was hilarious to him.

Nicholas found it rather disturbing......and a little funny.
"I don't get it. She claimed her best friend was hurt, and that she crossed the boundary. Then she insisted that she killed him. Now, she's fleeing."

Darren smirked. "She's just plain crazy. No one has crossed the boundary in years. I'm telling you Nick, Valene is a crazy city. Filled with crazy citizens."

"I don't know Darren. She sounded pretty convincing."

"Wait. You actually believe she crossed the boundary? Haven't you ever heard of the little Cyrenes? They attack on sight."

Nicholas gave the boundary one last look. "It might not make sense but I'm going to find out who she is."

"Ah. I didn't know crazy attracted you."

Nicholas ignored him and moved towards the blue cloth that lay among the azeleas, the azure colour of the flower almost shielding the fabric.

"You're serious about finding her?" This time Darren was genuinely suprised.

"Something happened here. I don't want to ignore it, because sometimes, crazy people say the truth."

Nicholas folded the fabric and tucked it in the pocket of his breeches. If that piece of cloth was hers, then he had all he needed to find her.

2 Likes

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by slap1(m): 5:53am On Dec 13, 2013
Effortless writing. Kudos. At the risk of sounding pedantic, though, I have to point out that the ellipsis has only three dots (...) and not more than that.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by slap1(m): 6:10am On Dec 13, 2013
"And you crossed the boundary. And
something about you trying to make him
cross."
Here, I believe the guy was repeating what the girl said. If so, the second sentence would be better if it started with ''And you also said...'' or ''You also said...'' for the sake of clarity. #JustSaying
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 8:21am On Dec 13, 2013
slap1: Here, I believe the guy was repeating what the girl said. If so, the second sentence would be better if it started with ''And you also said...'' or ''You also said...'' for the sake of clarity. #JustSaying

Noted.

And please don't hold back, I take criticism well. You can point out my flaws.cheesy

Thanks.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Royver(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2013
This is very interesting! Pls continue.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2013
Royver: This is very interesting! Pls continue.

No qualms.

But updates are usually in the evenings.

Thanks for reading.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Kslib(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2013
Wow!! Nice!! This is something different------ it has that Legend of the seeker,harry potter..e..t..c feel ---- In summary, it has that intriguing ancient feel.. And the Enviroment(s) in the story is "Natural" and since I am sucker for Pure Un-mordernized Natural enviroments------ me likey!! And also, I love your Dialogues, they are Rich and a Joy to read..

Above all, the updates read Red so far have been fantastic!!! Keep it up!!

***unfollows thread**

*** lol.. Following***
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Kslib: Wow!! Nice!! This is something different------ it has that Legend of the seeker,harry potter..e..t..c feel ---- In summary, it has that intriguing ancient feel.. And the Enviroment(s) in the story is "Natural" and since I am sucker for Pure Un-mordernized Natural enviroments------ me likey!! And also, I love your Dialogues, they are Rich and a Joy to read..

Above all, the updates read Red so far have been fantastic!!! Keep it up!!

***unfollows thread**

*** lol.. Following***

Okay. Thanks cheesy
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Royver(m): 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Lightning flashed across the bright skies of the Old Shrine region followed closely by her husband thunder, who rambled for dominance

Nice play of words grin
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Royver: Lightning flashed across the bright skies of the Old Shrine region followed closely by her husband thunder, who rambled for dominance

Nice play of words grin

I'm actually grinning now. grin grin.

Thanks.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Kslib(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nomski0:

Okay. Thanks cheesy
Do you update at evenings daily, weekly ,monthly or yearly?

Which one ?
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
Kslib:
Do you update at evenings daily, weekly ,monthly or yearly?

Which one ?

Lol @ yearly. grin grin.

I update daily....in the evenings.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Kslib(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nomski0:

Lol @ yearly. grin grin.

I update daily....in the evenings.
Lol.. Some writers like taking their time..

Ok!!
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by princesa(f): 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Girl, You watch too much Merlin and legend of the seekers!

And am loving the time travel.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
princesa: Girl, You watch too much Merlin and legend of the seekers!

And am loving the time travel.

Lol. I won't lie, Sword of truth series is my major influence. Plus i love historicals.

1 Like

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2013

Victoria Wellington tucked a handful of her dark hair behind her pierced ears before sipping her wine tentatively.
She studied her husband who was currently attacking a bloody steak absent mindly.
"How's the dinner?" She asked after much hesistation.

Gerrad Wellington slowly shook his almost bald head. He'd noticed his wife staring at him since they'd began dining.

"Is that what is making you study me like a specimen?" He asked without bothering to look up from his plate.

Victoria let out a weak chuckle, "No."

"Then what's on your mind?"

She knew he's offered her the opportunity to speak her mind, which was rare, but for some reason she held back. "Nothing Gerrad."

After a second thought, she succumbed. "I was just thinking about Nicholas."

"What about him?" He still didn't look up which was starting to infuriate her.

"You know his birthday is coming fast Gerrad. Nicholas is going to be twenty eight."

Gerrad reached for his wine goblet, still not meeting his wife's eyes. "I hardly need help in remembering my son's birthday or age."

Victoria gripped his arm, preventing him from lifting the silver cup to his lips. "That's not what I meant Gerrad and you know it. His powers are begining to manifest, and I keep having these dreams about him dying. About our son dying. Don't you think it's time for the rituals." Victoria's voice held worry. It was obvious that she was truly disturbed and worried.

Gerrad freed his arm and finally met her gaze. "You should see the apothecary for a sleeping drug. Maybe that way you'd have a dreamless sleep and you won't disturb me with these nonsense dreams of yours."

Victoria narrowed her chocolate eyes at him. "Do you always have to be this unreasonable. You know very much what happened to you when you refused to give up your powers. You almost died Gerrad, and I had to sacrifice my unborn child for you, and now you're referring to my dreams as nonsense."

Gerrad remained calm despite the accusing tone in his wife's voice. "I never asked you to do that for me."

"Oh really? So I was supposed to sit back and watch you die?"

"Maybe if you hadn't acted so heroically I would have had enough time to embrace my powers." Gerrad's voice was getting thicker with anger.

"It's not powers Gerrad. It's a curse. It consumes you, strips you of rational thoughts. There's a reason we do this at birth...I can't watch my son die. I've already lost a daughter to your hands. A daughter I never carried. I can't loose..."

"You're not going to loose Nicholas. He's going to master his powers and become the king you never let me be.
And Victoria, let this be the last time you bring this nonsense up." Gerrad said through clenched teeth.

He hated bringing up that faithful night when his wife betrayed him all in the name of saving his life. She'd ruined him, stripped him of his gifts killing their unborn daughter in the process.
No, he wasn't going to let Nicholas suffer the same fate. His son had to embrace his powers....even if they ended up killing him.

Victoria pressed her trembling lips together before standing up so abruptly that the table shook.

"Your thirst for power is going to get you killed. But I won't let you harm my son." With that she stalked off leaving her husband to dine alone.

Victoria massaged her temples frowning at her reflection in the mirror. Where had she gone wrong? She wondered
Despite being queen of Almeria, the most feared city in their region, she knew she'd yet to find happiness.

She had too many ghosts in her past. Too many secrets. And they weighed her down everyday. She let out a huge sigh still studying herself in her jewelled mirror, her mind still lingering on the conversation she had with her husband.

Gerrad Wellington.

That name was synonymous with Power.

She smirked at that thought. He never seemed satiated with it, always looking for more of it. She'd paid a price for it years ago.
Sacrificing her unborn daughter to save him. Still he never saw it like that.
Instead a part of him hated her for doing it, and not because she'd killed their baby, but because she'd prevented him from reaching his full potential.

Victoria pressed her lips together, she knew she had to carry out the ritual on her son. No matter the consequences, she wasn't going to let her son die because of his father's lust for power.

She headed for her bed after calculating her next steps, but stopped when she saw a figure forming by her bed candle.
She groaned almost immediately, "Katrina."
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2013

"Katrina."

Victoria immediately threw daggers with her eyes when the figure formed fully.
Her warm eyes filled with hate as she gazed at the woman in front of her.

"Victoria." She said in the same icy tone.

Katrina ran her slim hand down her sapphire gown smirking at Victoria.

Victoria crossed her fingers behind her back prepared to defend herself should the woman attack.

"So this is what palace life does to you." Katrina's azure eyes travelled round the spacious bed chamber, she clicked her tongue before grinning at Victoria.

"I'm tempted to ask why you're here, I don't want to sound like I care, but given the fact that you're invading my privacy without premision, I'm going to ask anyway." She paused dramatically. "Why are you here Katrina?"

"Relax Victoria. I'm not interested in ah ruining this perfect fantasy you've built for yourself with Gerrad. But desperate times call for..."

"State your reason Katrina, you're wearing my patience thin." Victoria's eyes kept shooting daggers and the beautiful woman currently circling her.

"Still as temperamental as always Victoria. You never change do you?"

The queen closed her eyes and resisted the urge to make her demon infested former friend vomit crows.

"Before you go all 'royalty' on me, I just want you to know that there's a situation." Katrina sat on the nearby bed and bounced on it.

"How is that my problem?"

"It's your problem because my thaek is empty."

Victoria shrugged after picturing the gold box back in Hart Haven which was usually filled with blood.
"And how is that my business?"

"It's our business Victoria. Someone tried to cross the Kelton boundary today."

Victoria frowned, her patience was wearing thin. "So?"

"So the Cyrenes attacked. And as you well know, that person's blood is supposed to fill the thaek, it's the only way of keeping that boundary alive."

"I know all this Katrina. Maybe something is wrong with the magic in your thaek." Victoria said nonchalantly. Having Katrina here was starting to make her uncomfortable.

"That's impossible Victoria. The magic in the thaek has never faultered."

"There's a first time for everything."

Katrina shook her head, "Not this time. If my thaek is empty and the Cyrenes attacked, it could only mean one thing. Someone crossed into the Old Shrine successfully."

Katrina let the words sink as she muttered them to her former friend and ally.

"I don't think you have any idea how ridiculous you just sounded. The Kelton boundary hasn't been crossed since we put it up. It was designed to keep the Angeles from Almeria, and Hart Haven."

"Call me crazy Victoria, but I know someone is on the other side of that boundary. And if it's by any chance the Angele from twenty four years ago. We are all doomed. Because our only chance at happiness was that she never found her way home."

4 Likes

Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Kslib(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hmmn!! Its getting more interesting and broad!!

Nice!
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
I know I am not in the position to rate this masterpiece but personally, its mighty interesting, captivating and good enough. However you have got to improve, this isn't your best, we know. Then I love the setting and dialogue as much as I love Merlin setting and Merlin/Arthur dialogue. 'sides, I missed you Barbie. Wish you the best during this festive period, great to be here once again. I'm following this art..
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by slap1(m): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good.

I'd like to point out some things, but my laptop is not connected to the Internet, so I'll do what I can with my phone...
hesistation

Hesitation. Probably a mistake, I know.

that faithful night
The right word is 'fateful'.
The magic in the
thaek has never faultered...
'Faltered'
I can't loose..."
"You're not going to loose Nicholas
You only loose what is tight: your hair, a screw, etc. 'Lose' (single 'O') is the proper word for not having something you use to have, or when your team (Man United, in this case) fail to grab any point in a football match. I may continue tomorrow; I have to sleep now.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by slap1(m): 12:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Victoria's voice held
worry.
I love this, by the way.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Atakitisam(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Wow ur story is really interesting and captivating........................waitin 4 more update.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by missterious(f): 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
Where is Nomski? embarassed cry
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kslib: Hmmn!! Its getting more interesting and broad!!

Nice!

Thanks.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Nomski0(f): 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vessi: I know I am not in the position to rate this masterpiece but personally, its mighty interesting, captivating and good enough. However you have got to improve, this isn't your best, we know. Then I love the setting and dialogue as much as I love Merlin setting and Merlin/Arthur dialogue. 'sides, I missed you Barbie. Wish you the best during this festive period, great to be here once again. I'm following this art..

I wish you the best during this festive period too. Thanks.
Re: The Angele Of The Fallen by Dannylux: 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Following **

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must Read: Bra Boi (18+) - Full Story / My Appreciation Letter To 2012 / Check This Book( Witnesses To Tears)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.