Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,555 members, 7,958,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures (46087 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by EagleNest(m): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
The Greatest statesman ever from Africa. Unequaled and extra-ordinary human being!
Kept me wondering all the time...
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Phiniz(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
He is indeed really great,he fought for,stood for,lived for and defended what he belived on even with his life and freedom like it is always said, we re not totally free until all man is made free,R.I.P,great Madiba south africans and africans in general loves you.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Phiniz(m): 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
usecondom: Great man R.I.P
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by StarFlux: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
A great man and a great inspiration.

Sun re o
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Abbey2sam(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
All I want is to be of help to humanity

We will miss you sir.....

#hero

The picture is not complete without this
My two heroes

Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Horus(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Horus(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Kcfun(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
Great man so ever in Africa...........
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by bebechuks: 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
He has gone to rest better,let's see wot pple can do after him.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Adechyno(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
R.I.P

Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by piagetskinner(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
R.I.P madiba...Africa,nd the worlD at large will truly miss U
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
One of the things I missed most about Mandela is that I didn't take a photo with him before he died! cry cry cry
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Horus(m): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by kingilemona298(m): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
I don't even knw what 2 type in honour of this legend,the words elude me...Rest in peace Sir!!!
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
Tears in my eyes.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Horus(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2013

Nelson Mandela and Walter Sisulu in the prison courtyard on Robben Island.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
RIP to the great one. Just a lesson to everyone to live a purposeful life in your generation
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by michaeltornwini: 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
veta baby: RIP MANDELA God rest your soul
life well spent,RIP MADIBA.I hope nigeria leaders ar looking.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by internetpo(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2013
emotional going through his life. God help me to touch people's life like this.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Horus(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2013

Nelson Mandela wears a traditional Xhosa hat February 11, 2000, during a ceremony at his village of Qunu.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by Horus(m): 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2013

1964, Nelson Mandela, President of the African National Congress (left) discusses with C Andrews, a Cape Town teacher.
Re: Nelson Mandela's Life In Pictures by kwametut: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2013
[b]
'Mandela was best dressed Wits student'
13 Dec 2013 | Sapa | 11 comments
'I remember Nelson Mandela as tall, handsome and the best dressed student always," said Bizos.

inShare

Picture taken from www.timeslive.co.za

Former president Nelson Mandela was one of the best dressed students during his time at the University of the Witwatersrand, his friend and advocate George Bizos said on Thursday.

'I remember Nelson Mandela as tall, handsome and the best dressed student always," said Bizos.

"I don't know where he got the money from."

He said Mandela was always in a suit and wore shiny shoes.

He was speaking at Mandela's celebration event held at the university.

In a laid-back public conversation before the crowd, Bizos told Wits Chancellor and deputy of chief justice Dikgang Moseneke that he met Mandela in the Great Hall in Wits in 1948.

"In this hall," Bizos said in response to Moseneke's question of their meeting.

Mandela's friend and fellow prison mate Ahmed Kathrada said he met Mandela in 1946.

He said Mandela could relate to anyone, whether it be children or people of royalty.

Kathrada said he one day heard Mandela speak to someone who he referred to as "Elizabeth" over the phone.

Kathrada said he asked Mandela who was the Elizabeth he was referring to.

He said it was the queen.

"Mandela said he referred to the queen as Elizabeth because the queen referred to him as Nelson," said Kathrada.

The crowd roared in laughter.

Earlier, president of convocation Professor Mamokgethi Phakeng said Mandela spent six years at the university, studying his LLB.

While Mandela did not obtain his degree at Wits, Phakeng said Mandela's life was shaped by his time there and on Robben Island.

Mandela went on to complete his LLB through correspondence with the University of SA.

"His only life on campus was at Wits," Phakeng said proudly.

She said while Mandela did not leave Wits with a certificate, he went through many life-shaping events during his six years as a Wits student including marrying his first wife Evelyn and becoming a father.

SRC president Shafee Verachia also gave a moving tribute to Mandela, attempting to sing the song "Nelson Mandela, there is none like you," in Zulu.

Verachia said Mandela proved that a young boy from Eastern Cape in Qunu could rise to make something great of his life.

The Great Hall at Wits was packed to capacity for the celebration, while television screens and seats were placed outside to accommodate those who could not be let in the hall.

Johannesburg mayor Parks Tau delivered a speech.

The Wits choir, the institution's school of music as well as globally acclaimed musician, Lira, provided the entertainment at the event.

Mandela, 95, died at his Houghton, Johannesburg, home last week.

He is to be buried in Qunu, Eastern Cape, on Sunday.[/b] grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ten Normal Things You Can't Buy Or Possess In North Korea / Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.