Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

**The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode (2625 Views)

Professor Kaita - "Why I Intervened In Buhari’s Certificate Saga" / The Nerve Of Lawal Kaita And The Shame Of Junaid Mohammed, By Femi Fani-kayode / A Northerner Must Emerge In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide- Lawal Kaita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by nuclearboy(m): 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
PointB: Nice piece. But it still does not diminish the fact that Fani 'Ode, just like Junaid and Kiata are bunch of attention seekers who represent themselves and a few who deluded folks who worship them. If there is anything they should share, it is a cell in jail for actions bordering on hate and incitement.

You forgot to include Asari Dokubo in your list of attention seekers!

cheesy or he isn't an attention seeker because he's on "your side"?
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by citizenY(m): 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
There is no difference between these soulmates.. Junaid, Kaita or Femi or any other chauvinist for that matter. What matters is for the politicians to allow the political process to decide. Poisoning gullible minds is not helpful. No one section of the country can put a government in office.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by PointB: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
nuclearboy:

You forgot to include Asari Dokubo in your list of attention seekers!

cheesy or he isn't an attention seeker because he's on "your side"?

No one stopped you from including him. I am only interested in those mentioned in this piece. By the way, Asari is one man who can put his money where his mouth is. I can't say same for the rest.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Eziachi: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
sincerenigerian: Good write-up from FFK. To hell with Keita, Junaid and Asari Dokuboh who have been threatening to spill blood and bring war.
The good write up, was more about sing praising his master OBJ than Junaid and Kaita put together. Lets see what he will write after his on-going fraud N19b fraud trial.

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Eziachi: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Akshow: One thing I like about my yoruba people is that they don't get overtly sentimental. They don't let religious or ethnic affiliation becloud their judgment. They are the most sophisticated and politically concious tribe in Nigeria. *no apologies for this general statement. Its my opinion*
If I remember correctly, you were threatening Abacha through out his reign of terror, some of you importing arms and training army in neighbouring nations, threatening to secede unless power was handed to you after his death, SNC over the national anthem then, now you don't want it. As long as Nigeria is concerned, there is no such thing as sophistication, its has always been dog eat dog and the survival of the con artist for all the segments.

1 Like

Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by ALTRUTH(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
I have said it time and again that the hausa/fulani are the major problem we have in Nigeria; they are the bane of our existence as a nation. It only pains my heart so much that instead of us to rise as one man in the South and challenge this highly irritating born-to-rule stance of these core northerners, we are so busy fighting within ourselves. undecided

Well, I just hope that our Yoruba brothers can see through the scheming of these vampires and join the SE/SS/MB alliance.

Enough is enough!
angry angry angry
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by abdurrazaq(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
The two 1d!ots from the northern part of Nigeria were at their expected worst when they were speaking those tr@sh credited to them. Now, somebody (from the SW that was alleged to be a conspirator with the northerners to unseat GEJ by all means come 2015) was bold enough to write and condemn these shameless bigots but, some people still find it hard to commend and support him in resounding the warning. This is why I have stopped believing in this country, what unites us is nothing but the forced amalgamation. We are not good together.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by gabrielahamz(m): 12:09am On Dec 07, 2013
I see it, don't know if you do but I do, we are definitely on the path to the dissolution of the Nigerian entity.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by MeAboki(m): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2013
luvmijeje: A word is truly enough for the wise.This is FFK, I can relate with.

But as much as Kaita and Mohammed's words are reprehensible ,those words are borne out as a result of leadership failure.

We have a President who doesn't understand the power behind words. He lacks knowledge on the arts of history and politics. A president who doesn't understand the principle behind the law of sowing .

If he did, he would have respond with immediate alacrity to press statement issue by Islamic apex body that Muslims are being scheme out of the military .He wouldn't have dare to make the statement that Igbos are the backbone of it's government. He wouldn't have mingled with criminals. He wouldn't have allowed his handlers and the opposition to create an image of anti-north and anti -moslem. He would have understand that the best politics to play politics of issue.

My issue is how this country will breakup with minimal bloodshed.

Most sensible response so far.

In addition to yours above, where was he when ASARI DOKUBO was threatening war (not once) should Nigerians not vote Johnathan or when Igbo movements were making secessionist statements openly with impunity.

Kaita's alleged threat of secession represents only one a few of such isolated cases from the north; whereas the same cannot be said for the south - besides, you need not to go any further than the author himself because he is guilty of exactly the same offence - though it is typically not surprising because we all know that hypocrisy runs deep in ppl below the River Niger.

He must also either be dishonest or intellectually lazy not note and understand that the predominant view in the north is not necessarily questioning (though some would disagree) Johnathan's constitutional right to run but simply holding him to honour his much publicized agreement - which even the BBC covered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

Southerners continue to sell themselves short when they keep touting their much over-used propaganda of 'born to rule mentality' against the north because they end up exhibiting themselves as bereft of logical reasoning and blatantly as dishonest co-travellers.
Those who continue to believe this fallacy should pls ask themselves the following questions:

1) Why would northerners willingly cede power to the south, when by all indications they had complete control and the capacity to continue ruling - if not to give peace a chance - how does that reconcile with a born to rule mentality?
2) Who brought OBJ, a southerner from the shadows of death, placed him in Aso Rock and continued to support him even against open rejection by his own ppl? - (time flies, doesn't it, and they have already forgotten).
3) Why would the so called 'born to rule' agree to share power through rotational presidency (when they didn't have to) even though it was evidently a dishonest distortion of the principles of democracy - and what does that say of about those insisting upon it?
4)Why would northerners also accept geopolitical zoning knowing fully well it was a disadvantageous ploy by southerners to neutralize their political numerical advantage, in order to up southern chances to the presidency - again, how does that translate to born to rule mentality?

If FFK is suddenly feeling guilty about offending the Igbos, with regards to his tell all 'I tapped it first' prenuptial intimate saga with their demised hero's wife, Bianca; then he should come out openly and apologize to them for his alleged crime and in not resort to appease them through maligning northerners, like some sort of sacrificial offerings in order to wash off his perceived sins.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by abdurrazaq(m): 10:50am On Dec 07, 2013
@Me_Aboki, the tone in your post up there shows the ‘born to rule‘ mentality that the likes of FFK and by extension a larger percentage of the south accuse the north of over the decades.
1. How can you conclude that it was the north that brought OBJ back from the brink of death and made him a president? Doesn‘t the opinion of other Nigerians count anymore?
2. There is no smoke without fire. The voices of Junaid and the likes represent the opinion of the average northerner, the reason why almost every northerner is ready to kill if their RULERS give them the go ahead.
What FFK wrote had nothing to do with appeasing the Igbos, it is the fact on ground and only hypocrites will want to dismiss that by bringing the personality of the writer into the writing.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by talktimi(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Most sensible response so far.

In addition to yours above, where was he when ASARI DOKUBO was threatening war (not once) should Nigerians not vote Johnathan or when Igbo movements were making secessionist statements openly with impunity.

Kaita's alleged threat of secession represents only one a few of such isolated cases from the north; whereas the same cannot be said for the south - besides, you need not to go any further than the author himself because he is guilty of exactly the same offence - though it is typically not surprising because we all know that hypocrisy runs deep in ppl below the River Niger.

He must also either be dishonest or intellectually lazy not note and understand that the predominant view in the north is not necessarily questioning (though some would disagree) Johnathan's constitutional right to run but simply holding him to honour his much publicized agreement - which even the BBC covered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

Southerners continue to sell themselves short when they keep touting their much over-used propaganda of 'born to rule mentality' against the north because they end up exhibiting themselves as bereft of logical reasoning and blatantly as dishonest co-travellers.
Those who continue to believe this fallacy should pls ask themselves the following questions:

1) Why would northerners willingly cede power to the south, when by all indications they had complete control and the capacity to continue ruling - if not to give peace a chance - how does that reconcile with a born to rule mentality?
2) Who brought OBJ, a southerner from the shadows of death, placed him in Aso Rock and continued to support him even against open rejection by his own ppl? - (time flies, doesn't it, and they have already forgotten).
3) Why would the so called 'born to rule' agree to share power through rotational presidency (when they didn't have to) even though it was evidently a dishonest distortion of the principles of democracy - and what does that say of about those insisting upon it?
4)Why would northerners also accept geopolitical zoning knowing fully well it was a disadvantageous ploy by southerners to neutralize their political numerical advantage, in order to up southern chances to the presidency - again, how does that translate to born to rule mentality?

If FFK is suddenly feeling guilty about offending the Igbos, with regards to his tell all 'I tapped it first' prenuptial intimate saga with their demised hero's wife, Bianca; then he should come out openly and apologize to them for his alleged crime and in not resort to appease them through maligning northerners, like some sort of sacrificial offerings in order to wash off his perceived sins.

Even if other people have (conveniently) forgotten, i vividly remember Gej promising to rule for just a single tenure. I also remember nocturnal meetings between Gej & Tinubu which lead to the SW region dumping Ribadu by the wayside in exchange for Tinubu's freedom from corruption charges by the fg. I also believe that for the sake of peace and stability in this country, Gej should forget about the 2015 elections even if it means anointing a northern successor (al Mustapha my candidate) but that doesnt mean i will support careless utterances by people who are supposed to be advisers and our elder states men. Ok
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by citizenY(m): 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
It is a fraud to maintain that all northerners have a born to rule attitude to the Nigerian project. In the same vein everyone is entitled to his own opinion

We all know that other regional groups have the same objective. Today, no regional group can put a government in power and it had always been like that before and after military rule.

It is left to us to us to devise the necessary linkages that will ensure peace, stability and prosperity for the good of all. Hurling derogatory appellations at each other is just like whistling in the dark.

Meanwhile, the point must be made that harbouring ill feelings without striving to develop these linkages is the bane of our political process and we are collectively guilty for not holding our leaders responsible. We join them in fanning the divisive fire and end up roasted, one way or the other.

How do you expect a politician elected on a divisive agenda to do anything for the good of all? Once they reach the table, our commonwealth is their target. We fight their battles to our detriment.

It is sheer ineptitude and docility to remain in this state.The amount of time and energy we use to insult our energy should be used in the right direction.

This is the time to take a cue from ASUU and insist on a change once and for all. Afterall, the mess created in all facets of our national life is the handwork of poltiticians, civil servants etc who come from all over the country. These guys cannnot be trusted. Give them the ASUU treatment and you will see a drastic change.

Until then, we will continue to hurl invectives at each othet while they continue to carry the KOKO.

Our disunity is their progress.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
What Ojukwu saw decades ago, is what FFK is seeing now. If the Yorubas aligned with that vision, we wouldn't have been where we are. I pray they wake up from slumber.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Tintinix: 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
talktimi: Even if other people have (conveniently) forgotten, i vividly remember Gej promising to rule for just a single tenure. I also remember nocturnal meetings between Gej & Tinubu which lead to the SW region dumping Ribadu by the wayside in exchange for Tinubu's freedom from corruption charges by the fg. I also believe that for the sake of peace and stability in this country, Gej should forget about the 2015 elections even if it means anointing a northern successor (al Mustapha my candidate) but that doesnt mean i will support careless utterances by people who are supposed to be advisers and our elder states men. Ok

My friend the best way to unseat GEJ if he decides to run run again, thus renegading on the nocturnal agreement that you were privy to is not to vote for him finish!
Not to threaten blood and death!
Infact the bloodshed and deaths we are experiencing now is called what
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by dmz1: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
olabukola:
Nice write up from FFK. Their is one thing I have noticed since I joined this NL, before I make it known let me tell you guys that I am in support of breaking this country or letting people who want to leave to go peacefully. I know that in a Yoruba nation we will be far more better than we are now as Nigerians. From my observation, if this article was written by somebody from the east or SS people will not have commended it the way they are applauding it now. Does it mean that NL members only want one Side of the country to champion this dis- integration of Nigeria? Whenever somebody from the SW write about the possible peaceful balkanisation of NIGERIA we cheer him or her up with our support but when it comes from north.

It is called sophistication
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by citizenY(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
Say it as it is,,,,, let me quote Abati...SOPHISTICATED IGNORANCE
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by MeAboki(m): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
abdurrazaq: @Me_Aboki, the tone in your post up there shows the ‘born to rule‘ mentality that the likes of FFK and by extension a larger percentage of the south accuse the north of over the decades.
1. How can you conclude that it was the north that brought back from the brink of death and made him a president? Doesn‘t the opinion of other Nigerians count anymore?
2. There is no smoke without fire. The voices of Junaid and the likes represent the opinion of the average northerner, the reason why almost every northerner is ready to kill if their RULERS give them the go ahead.
What FFK wrote had nothing to do with appeasing the Igbos, it is the fact on ground and only hypocrites will want to dismiss that by bringing the personality of the writer into the writing.

My tone (though I see nothing wrong with it) is irrelevant, therefore concern yourself strictly with the content - agree or disagree, simple.

Oh let me guess, in your mind OBJ was released from prison and made president by southerners.

If you or FFK know anything concerning northern politics, you would appreciate that the views of Junaid or Kaita no longer carries any weight and therefore cannot be considered representative of the north; FFK should certainly know that but mischievously chose to elevate them to a level above their importance in order to score cheap political points.

The said FFK is a known tribal bigot who never misses the opportunity and indeed seems to take great delight in insulting the Igbos; his recent turnaround to insult northerners instead (incidentally much hated by the Igbos) can only be explained as a veiled attempt by him to placate the said long labored ppl at the brunt of his serial abuse.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by talktimi(m): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
Tintinix:

My friend the best way to unseat GEJ if he decides to run run again, thus renegading on the nocturnal agreement that you were privy to is not to vote for him finish!
Not to threaten blood and death!
Infact the bloodshed and deaths we are experiencing now is called what
i didnt vote for Gej in 2011, not because he is a bad guy but because he's not charismatic enough meaning he could get the job done but wont command respect which is the problem he's facing now. I dont subscribe to bloodshed but rather believe in the peoples power to remove incompetent people from power. What is going on right now in the country is the fulfillment of a promise by some to make the country un governable for Gej if he should win the elections. Gej knows the sponsors and we as a people might have to sue him to release their names since he openly admitted to having them even in his govt.
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by ERockson: 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2013
FFK with his undiluted bitter truth. He truely has no match, whenever he says the true contrary to what some bigots believe they call him drug addict or mad man. FFK is a fearless writer
Re: **The Nerve Of Kaita And The Shame Of Mohammed** By Femi Fani-kayode by Kodak2000: 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
FFK DEMON DOG MOLESTER OF HIS OWN DAUGHTERS. DIE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

$43m Meant For Peacekeepers Missing, Ihejirika Named As One Of The Culprits. / APC Lists Gubernatorial Candidates For The 2015 Elections: / Who Will Swear In Nyesom Wike As Governor Come May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.