Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,068 members, 7,842,028 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (12537 Views)

Imagine :A World Without Christianity -Will the world be better off, please vote / Here's How Christianity Will End / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
onegig: the same interest based banking that has led two great depression and almost the destruction of world economy? Same interest based banking that exploits the poor and make slaves and destitutes out of a society?

The same interest based banking that cripples the real economy which is the people and leave wealth in the hands of few ? I guess you were not born in 2008 and is not aware of the current problems in Countries like Greece, Spain, Portugal and even the Us?

One thing you guys don't really understand about non interest banking is that its very unique and pro masses. Let me ask you. Which one would you take?

A banking system that gives you a loan to operate a biz but won't charge interest on it but have a pre agreed profit sharing ratio if you make it or loss sharing between the bank and you if you make losses? A bank that recognises money as a means of exchange only and that it has no value except what you invest it in and derive from it. A bank that is after your success and knows its only when you make profit that they are also profitable.

Or a bank that gives you a loan and even if you make losses would still collect their interest accured over time and their money back?

Logically Which is cruel and which is good for developing a society?

Islamic banking is just one just one of the numerous arms of islamic finance. Islam recognises money as valueless. Which is true. Ask your greatest economists. Money has no value, it is what you invest it in that has value.

First of all, it is that same interest based banking that has supported business empires that provide western services that the middle east and many muslims are dependent upon...

Secondly, your prophet was not wise enough to know that interest can be the exact same thing as profi sometimes. It is the exact same thing if I charge 10 perecent interest on an asset or I charge a sales price of 10 percent more than the real value of the asset- the gain is the same.

Thirdly, it was greed and deregulation of the financial sector that caused the meltdown not the banking system itself........you are ignorant of finance but islam tells you that sharia finance is the best and you believe......keep submitting your brain

3 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
onegig: The posters above. Am not here for a comparison of religions. To each his own beliefs. Am here just to enlighten you on things.
I would state my case and Its left on you to either agree, reason or disagree. Thank

Your second, third points are all subjective and based on personal opinions.

You are a joker...lol

The second and third points are facts

2) The second point states that christian treats disbelievers. Can you point a muslim majority country that treats atheists fairly? Even secular turkey has problems with atheists. Name one muslim country that gives better rights to atheists than the West......name just one.

3) Are you trying to argue that your muslim charity organisations have more global outreach than christian ones? You must be on something.

Guy, you are just an ignorant muslim....go and meet Tbaba the nairaland muslim scholar for some education

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by kambo(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
onegig: the same interest based banking that has led two great depression and almost the destruction of world economy? Same interest based banking that exploits the poor and make slaves and destitutes out of a society?

The same interest based banking that cripples the real economy which is the people and leave wealth in the hands of few ? I guess you were not born in 2008 and is not aware of the current problems in Countries like Greece, Spain, Portugal and even the Us?

One thing you guys don't really understand about non interest banking is that its very unique and pro masses. Let me ask you. Which one would you take?

A banking system that gives you a loan to operate a biz but won't charge interest on it but have a pre agreed profit sharing ratio if you make it or loss sharing between the bank and you if you make losses? A bank that recognises money as a means of exchange only and that it has no value except what you invest it in and derive from it. A bank that is after your success and knows its only when you make profit that they are also profitable.

Or a bank that gives you a loan and even if you make losses would still collect their interest accured over time and their money back?

Logically Which is cruel and which is good for developing a society?

Islamic banking is just one just one of the numerous arms of islamic finance. Islam recognises money as valueless. Which is true. Ask your greatest economists. Money has no value, it is what you invest it in that has value.

funny how u guyz (muslims) want to put ur name on a principle that u didnt originate- loans without usury- the bible is very elaborate on money matters, treatment of the poor and strangers and borrowg. Infact modern day capitalism is perversive compared to d biblical model. If the biblical model were truly practiced lots of problems of society in this area wud go away.
Dont delay payg ur workers their wages/salaries while u can (bible)
leave some extras for ur workers to enjoy (kinda like perks,tips,discounts for d poor) (bible)
dont b harsh on ur wrkers (humane treatment) (bible)
dont abuse ur resources,machines (bible "actually dont b cruel to ur work animals"wink
dont live to work . Take time off for family wife and ur God (bible)
have a party and a good time and thank God for ur profit (bible)
invest to make a profit (bible)
if u give to the poor ur lending to God (bible)
there'll always b d poor among u, cater for them (bible)

an economist will tell you that money is an instrument for measuring value.
No sane economist will tell u tht money is useless. In edge cases all things can b renderred worthless. Like expensive wristwatch is useless to a man without hands,like hyper inflation can make people return 2 bartering etc but these are abnormal situations and shudnt b used to make generalizations.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
kambo:

funny how u guyz (muslims) want to put ur name on a principle that u didnt originate- loans without usury- the bible is very elaborate on money matters, treatment of the poor and strangers and borrowg. Infact modern day capitalism is perversive compared to d biblical model. If the biblical model were truly practiced lots of problems of society in this area wud go away.
Dont delay payg ur workers their wages/salaries while u can (bible)
leave some extras for ur workers to enjoy (kinda like perks,tips,discounts for d poor) (bible)
dont b harsh on ur wrkers (humane treatment) (bible)
dont abuse ur resources,machines (bible "actually dont b cruel to ur work animals"wink
dont live to work . Take time off for family wife and ur God (bible)
have a party and a good time and thank God for ur profit (bible)
invest to make a profit (bible)
if u give to the poor ur lending to God (bible)
there'll always b d poor among u, cater for them (bible)

an economist will tell you that money is an instrument for measuring value.
No sane economist will tell u tht money is useless. In edge cases all things can b renderred worthless. Like expensive wristwatch is useless to a man without hands,like hyper inflation can make people return 2 bartering etc but these are abnormal situations and shudnt b used to make generalizations.

Epic statement at bold!!
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Heish! bring ur differences to my sharia court.

@Onegig, 100* weldone to u jare. Don't mind Mr. logic he is already missing Easter egg.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
harbiola1: Heish! bring ur differences to my sharia court.

@Onegig, 100* weldone to u jare. Don't mind Mr. logic he is already missing Easter egg.

Guy.....move to another thread if you have nothing to say
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by basilico: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Islamic finance my foot. Muhammad needed money to wage his offensive jihad wars. He borrowed at interest. Then he declared usury is unislamic meaning he could still borrow but pay back after capturing booty with no interest whatsoever. That is the source of islamic finance. Furthermore he declared jihad obligatory to al muslims. Join his army or contribute cash or kind. I suspect that zakat also originated along the prophets need to wage wars. Wars which he later changed to jihad and wich allah ordained 20% of booty captured would go to his messenger.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Joshthefirst(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Epic statement at bold!!
good.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:
Don't bother. You have failed woefully with your first reply. You are just a pathetic, shameless muslim liar.
Actually, it's not possible to see clearly with one eye closed.

rationalmind:
We shall see who is illogical

Your first lie. Take a look at this

And whoever desires other than Islam as religion -
never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the
Hereafter, will be among the losers. Q3:85

Does that mean u should convert them without their consent.

rationalmind:
Lol, funny. And yet islam attempts to force the prophets(subjective) morals on its adherents.

All the prophets admonished morality.
rationalmind:
Can any one see why islamic nations are amongst the most wretched and the poorest in the world?
Why

rationalmind:
While everyone is striving to live in accordance to our evolved morals in the 21st century, muslims are still immersed in the 7th century claiming religion doesn't change. Christians have learnt to take the appalling passages in the OT with a pinch of salt. Not so with muslims. Religion n the quran never changes.

Religious practices are divine and can't be blended with anything that will destroy it divinity. Hence, one is only doing it in vain.

rationalmind:
That explains why you see nothing wrong with getting married to a 9 year old. Mohammed as a false prophet can be forgiven for practising his societal barbaric norms. What should we now make of muslims in these modern world who are exposed to the dangers of adolescent marriage
and still yet, choose to follow 7th century norms n culture disguised as religion.
You're only slandering with ur 9y story.
and here, you show the level of the level of ur hypocrisy. Under Islam, marriage is not determined by age but maturity. And because u did nt subscribe to it, u think islam deserves ur criticism?
And other things that Islam did nt permit bt u think it's right, u'll also condemn Islam for it.

rationalmind:
All in the name of, religion doesn't change.

Religious pratices/tenet is different from other worldly activities. There is "Independent Reason" in islam provided it doesn't clash with it tenets.

rationalmind:
Just again, mohammed n muslims always playing the victim.

Look at how this muslim shamelessly lies. The battle of badr is a perfect example that mohammeds didn't just defend himself. He was the one who initially sent out men to raid the caravans which then led to a battle with the meccan army sent to defend the raided caravans. How is this a defensive battle:

Then the apostle heard that Abu Sufyan was coming
from Syria with a large caravan of Qurish, containing
their money and merchandise, accompanied by
some thirty or forty men… When the Apostle heard
about Abu Sufyan coming from Syria, he summoned
the Muslims and said, “This is the Quraish caravan
containing their property. Go out to attack it,
perhaps Allah will give it as a prey.”
(Ibn Ishaq/
Hisham 428)

That is what happened from the very islamic books of history.

Abu Sufyan who was later pardoned after the Conquest of Mecca, was one of the leaders of Quraish tribe, the very tribe of Prophet muhammed(saw). He took an active role in the persecution of Muslims, and he plotted the assassination of the prophet(saw) which He(saw) by the grace of God escaped and flee to Medina.

Prophet Muhammed's(saw) properties along with other muslims' that later escaped to Medina were ceased by this meccans.

The raid was an opportunity to recover their property.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
harbiola1:
Actually, it's not possible to see clearly with one eye closed.

Does that mean u should convert them without their consent.

All the prophets admonished morality.

Why

Religious practices are divine and can't be blended with anything that will destroy it divinity. Hence, one is only doing it in vain.

You're only slandering with ur 9y story.
and here, you show the level of the level of ur hypocrisy. Under Islam, marriage is not determined by age but maturity. And because u did nt subscribe to it, u think islam deserves ur criticism?
And other things that Islam did nt permit bt u think it's right, u'll also condemn Islam for it.

Religious pratices/tenet is different from other worldly activities. There is "Independent Reason" in islam provided it doesn't clash with it tenets.

Abu Sufyan who was later pardoned after the Conquest of Mecca, was one of the leaders of Quraish tribe, the very tribe of Prophet muhammed(saw). He took an active role in the persecution of Muslims, and he plotted the assassination of the prophet(saw) which He(saw) by the grace of God escaped and flee to Medina.

Prophet Muhammed's(saw) properties along with other muslims' that later escaped to Medina were ceased by this meccans.

When you knew you had nothing to say, you shouldn't had quoted me.

Just to address one of your silly points. Here is what compulsion means.

1.An irresistible urge to behave in a certain way, esp.
against one's conscious wishes.

2.To be compelled to behave in a particular way.

The verse of the quran is compelling us all to be muslims. It is trying to work on our subconscious thereby subtly forcing us to act against our conscious wishes of practising other religions other than islam.
Compulsion simply means trying to make someone do something.

And abeg, abeg, I dey beg. If you know you have nothing sensible to add, just ignore.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:

The verse of the quran is compelling us all to be muslims.

The verse is a mere warning, put ur anger aside and open ur eye.

Not all the people of mecca accepted Islam after it conquest.

We ve Pagans, jews and christians. so, where do you see compulsion.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
harbiola1:

The verse is a mere warning, put ur anger aside and open ur eye.

Not all the people of mecca accepted Islam after it conquest.

We ve Pagans, jews and christians. so, where do you see compulsion.

rationalmind: And abeg, abeg, I dey beg. If you know you have
nothing sensible to add, just ignore

2 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:
And abeg, abeg, I dey beg. If you know you have nothing sensible to add, just ignore.

Excuse me!
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Joshthefirst(m): 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
harbiola1:

Excuse me!
you're excused. grin grin grin

Always wanted to make that joke...

2 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by harbiola1(m): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: you're excused. grin grin grin

Kpele cry

Kpele
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 07, 2013

I thought that you of all people would find this thread interesting
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
harbiola1:

Excuse me!
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
harbiola1:
so its ok to take revenge on those that rob u by robbing them back?i thought its said dt d best form of revenge is forgiveness? I though its known dt 2 wrongs can neve make a right? Going by ur logic are u saying we can follow prophet footstep by taking revenge cos its clear dt d raid wasnt self defence but a clear case of revenge.i just wanna know why u wil openly support taking revenge.i wil lyk to hear beta xplanation than this one u gave

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Joshthefirst(m): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I thought that you of all people would find this thread interesting
I find the thread interesting.

Did you think I didn't?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
@op i think d problem is nt d religions bt d ppl that follow them(atleast d religions cnt talk:-D). The thing is dt people worship islam/xtianity instead of worshpin their different god wit muslims doing it more. When u truely listen to d followers of dis religions u wil c dt rather than worshpin god they worship religion and dts where d problem start 4rm

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: so its ok to take revenge on those that rob u by robbing them back?i thought its said dt d best form of revenge is forgiveness? I though its known dt 2 wrongs can neve make a right? Going by ur logic are u saying we can follow prophet footstep by taking revenge cos its clear dt d raid wasnt self defence but a clear case of revenge.i just wanna know why u wil openly support taking revenge.i wil lyk to hear beta xplanation than this one u gave

lol...you wicked oo....see how you made him expose himself and his religion.....of revenge lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: I find the thread interesting.

Did you think I didn't?

You didnt comment much
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: @op i think d problem is nt d religions bt d ppl that follow them(atleast d religions cnt talk:-D). The thing is dt people worship islam/xtianity instead of worshpin their different god wit muslims doing it more. When u truely listen to d followers of dis religions u wil c dt rather than worshpin god they worship religion and dts where d problem start 4rm

Who are the true followers?

Why are they hard to find?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

The true followers are those terrorists living in Iraq who when shown on CNN said, the best way to please Allah is by killing all unbelievers.
Muslims who do not support killings of non Muslims are false Muslims....They need to be schooled.

I did History in secondary school so I know a substantial truth about Prophet Mohammed and his cohort.
And I have read books on Islam.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
beejaay: so its ok to take revenge on those that rob u by robbing them back?i thought its said dt d best form of revenge is forgiveness? I though its known dt 2 wrongs can neve make a right? Going by ur logic are u saying we can follow prophet footstep by taking revenge cos its clear dt d raid wasnt self defence but a clear case of revenge.i just wanna know why u wil openly support taking revenge.i wil lyk to hear beta xplanation than this one u gave

Are you dreaming? You expect to hear a better explanation from who? Lol, better don't waste your time.

I bet you if he ever replies you, his reply will be outright balderdash and pure nonsense. Mark my words
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by prophylaxis: 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
@op wt is uR intension here, to jam d heads of d two faiths here. Be very careful.my lord is merciful bt remember dt he is also a consuming fire
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
prophylaxis: @op wt is uR intension here, to jam d heads of d two faiths here. Be very careful.my lord is merciful bt remember dt he is also a consuming fire
We have to test every fruit na.
We are testing the fruit of Islam.
We are not fighting, ^^^^
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by texanomaly(f): 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
vickyO: Muslims are running away from this thread. grin grin
Logic boy, I salute you.

In your faces Muslims. ......... Come counter the poster's claims and await our replies.

As a Christian, you fall my hand with the bolded friend. embarassed

I do not believe the same way they do, but they are not all as LB described them. I have encountered Muslims who are not. As a Christian, I will not participate in putting them down.

I usually love your comments though girl. grin
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by vickyO(f): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
texanomaly:

I do not believe the same way they do, but they are not all as LB described them. I have encountered Muslims who are not. As a Christian, I will not participate in putting them down.

I agree it was a bit too extreme.
And it's limited to those who frequently bash us.

My apologies for letting my flesh rear its ugly head into my post.
@ the bolded, thanks. wink
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
texanomaly:

How did I describe muslims? Please clarify your comment or take it back.

How did I describe them wrongly?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by beejaay: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

as hard as it is to believe, the true follower of dis religion are agnoist,atheist,pantheist and people lyk u(d core msg of all religions is love, humility and compassion bts dis 3 tins av been layered wit thousands of illusionary practice and doctrines dt are anti freedom). Ppl lyk u av succeed in removin layers upon layers of illusions dis religions av indocrinated,people lyk u are d ones living d standards of d core messages of dis religions( core msg lyk tolerance,equality,love,acceptance,humility, no judging, compassion,taking responsibilities, righteousness,unity) and d religious people focus on superficial messages (msgs lyk using veil, prayin salat,going to church,paying tithe,going to mecca,shariah law,marriage,heaven,hell,my religion is beta than ur own,no compulsion in religion yet u wil go to hell if u dnt beliv,over venerating of personalities,keeping beard,wearing trouser or skirt, hair style or cut,no freedom. Add ur own pls)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / Is Bible The Word of God? / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.